Raymond McCoy Collection
Identifier: AC 144
Scope and Content
Collection consists of Raymond McCoy's research materials and copies of his article on Fort Fillmore, New Mexico, 1861-1961. Fort Fillmore, in the Mesilla area of New Mexico, was captured by the Confederates in 1861. Research materials include: correspondence with scholars and repositories; copies of documents from other repositories concerning Fort Fillmore and its commanding officer Major Issac Lynde; typescript excerpts from various published sources about the Civil War in New Mexico; and seven maps and/or plans of Fort Fillmore and the surrounding area. Item of note is a copy of Mayor Issac Lynde's terms of surrender dated 1861, San Augustin Springs, New Mexico.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
.25 Linear Feet
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Raymond McCoy Collection, 1861-1961
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 144::Raymond McCoy Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac144.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.