Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 58
Abstract This collection contains pamphlets related to Albuquerque and New Mexico. Topics range from political campaigns to national parks and monuments, and conferences convening in this area. Many pamphlets are aimed toward prospective residents, tourists, and health-seeking visitors to New Mexico.
Scope and Content The collection consists of literary manuscripts, feature articles, photographs and research materials of Alice Bullock, writer and educator. Published and unpublished book and story manuscripts include an unpublished autobiography, entitled "Middens", and a manuscript for a book on stamp collecting for children. Subject files containing research notes, articles and printed material on New Mexico travel, folklore, history and personalities. Business and personal records contain book reviews by...
Identifier: AC 544
Scope and Content The collection consists of diaries, journals, letters, personal and home expenses, social and charitable events, clubs and other organizations, childhood memorabilia, and photographs of the Hollenback family who lived in Pennsylvania, New York and New Mexico. NOTE: The family names and relationships in the genealogy folders (Box 1, Folders 1 and 2) of the Hollenback,Welles, and Beard families The original photographs are in the collections of the New Mexico Photo Archives (HP.2011.26). Most of...
Dates: 1820-1970; Majority of material found in 1880-1920
Identifier: AC 331
Scope and Content Collection consists of Aretas Hyde's memoirs. Memoirs have contemporary reactions to the anti-slavery and abolitionist movement before and during the Civil War. He also comments on the construction of pueblos in New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 112-P
Scope and Content One journal kept by Hull on a 1908 trip he made to New Mexico from Georgia to visit his daughter May and her husband Judge William Pope. Pope became the first Chief Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court under statehood in 1912. The trip lasted two months and included visits to Roswell, Santa Fe, Cloudcroft, the Slaughter Ranch, the Diamond A Ranch, the Mescalero Apache Reservation, and Tesuque Pueblo. Various parts of the journey were made by train, automobile, and horse and wagon. The...
Identifier: AC 231
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten originals, German typescripts, and typed English translations of letters from Carl Blumner to his mother Johanna Blumner and his sister Hannchen in Prussia concerning his and his brother August's activities in Santa Fe. The letters were written between 1936-1909, and include a few attached letters by his brother August as well as a few letters by his son. Collection also includes genealogies of the Blumner familiy, and an obituary of Carl Blumner. Letters...
Scope and Content The collection contains photocopies of three diaries of Charles A. Wright. The first, dated 1914, is a diary of his excursions throughout the Indian country of New Mexico. The two others are records of daily activities for 1933 and 1936. The 1914 diary describes three different camping trips, the first to Indian Pueblos and ruins North of Albuquerque including; Santo Domingo, Cochiti, Santa Ana, Jemez, Frijoles Canyon and Pajarito Plateau (now Bandelier National Monument), Taos,...
Abstract Collection consists of 2 photographic albums (1919 and 1920) with 147 continental travel images, and one accompanying journal from the 1920 journey.
Dates: 1919, 1920
Identifier: AC 131-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of letters, receipts, business cards, one newspaper clipping, one pamphlet, and several checkbooks found among Lawrence's belongings upon his death in 1930. Four of the letters are to Lawrence: one letter from publisher Edward W. Titus concerning the publication of "Lady Chatterley's Lover;" one letter from Mrs. E. Lahr of the Progressive Bookshop in London concerning newly published books; one letter from the Westminster Bank concerning Lawrence's bank accounts; and one...
Identifier: AC 149-P
Scope and Content One 1861 letter from David J. Miller of Santa Fe to his niece Laura P. McCord of Mississippi, and one typescript of the letter. Miller gives a brief description of New Mexico and its people.
Scope and Content Collection consists of Woodward's personal papers and research materials collected and created in the process of the publication of her doctoral thesis and of various articles on the Penitentes (a grassroots Catholic group) of Northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence with various persons and institutions (1933-1949), two notebooks and a diary (1925-1928), and a scrapbook (1938). Notebooks and diary pertain to Woodward's travels to Europe and Hobbs, New Mexico. Research materials consist of...
Dates: 1542-1957 (bulk 1852-1957)
Abstract This family photograph album documents a 1903 journey taken by Edgar Forrest Wolfe, his wife, and infant daughter from New Mexico to California.
Identifier: AC 606-p
Scope and Content The collection contains four letters, three of which are written by friends and family to Edith Reeves Solenberger, about life in and visits to northern New Mexico in the 1920s and 1930s. Also included is a letter written on Hotel De Vargas (Santa Fe) stationary.
Dates: 1916-1938; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 382-P
Scope and Content The twenty-one page scrapbook compiled by Ella Black Chandler, presents a collection of photographs and text pertaining to Ella's summer session at the New Mexico Normal School [New Mexico Highlands Uninversity] in 1924. The photographs are fixed in the scrapbook and are of various sites in northern New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 013
Scope and Content Collection consists of biographical, occupational, and literary material by Elliott Barker, with a few items by his son Roy Barker. Included are also correspondence, newspaper clippings and essays; one Las Vegas High School Reunion memoir, Class of 1929.
Abstract The primary component of this collection is a scrapbook of post cards, photos, and clipped information relating to travels in the Southwest, particularly national parks and monuments in New Mexico.
Scope and Content The Erna Fergusson Papers consist of personal papers, including journals, notebooks, scrapbooks, correspondence, and business and family records; literary and professional correspondence (correspondence is also found with related manuscript materials); lectures and travel notes; manuscript and published materials; research materials; and scrapbooks. Of particular interest are the research materials relevant to Albuquerque and New Mexico, particularly concerning individuals and families as well...
Abstract This collection documents the lives of three generations of one family, grandmother, Eva Scott Muse Fényes, mother, Leonora S.M. Curtin, and daughter, Leonora Curtin Paloheimo. The personal papers of the women contain extensive correspondence, diaries, thousands of photographs, business and financial documents, travel records, scrapbooks, clippings, and ephemera.
Found in: Acequia Madre House
Abstract The majority of the photographs relate to New Mexico and its history.
Identifier: AC 086
Scope and Content Assorted papers including correspondence, memoranda, misc. documents and notes. Draft manuscripts on various New Mexico personalities and subjects. Eleven donated books integrated into museum collection. Articles and clippings were integrated into the libray's verticle files.
Identifier: AC 284
Scope and Content H. Ida Curry began visiting the west in 1927 at the age of 58. This collection consists of her letters, stories, poetry, describing her experiences in Montana, New Mexico, and Wyoming. It also includes photos of her, and brief biographical essays about her.
Scope and Content The collection consists primarily of manuscripts of articles, most of them unpublished and undated. There are 13 folders divided by subject area, including articles on Arizona and New Mexico, photography, railroads, motorcycling, and various mechanical inventions and problem solving. Stowell describes his motorcycle and photography trips through the Southwest, as well as points of interest such as the inscribed mystery stone near Los Lunas, New Mexico, and various petroglyph sites. Some of his...
Scope and Content The bulk of the collection consists of family photos, including studio portraits and snapshots of varying sizes and formats. The majority of these date from about the 1860s to the 1940s; however, the collection also includes photos, negatives, notes, and a partial collection inventory made by historian and author Mary J. Cook in the 1980s as part of her research into Amelia Hollenback. Of special interest are the large number of cartes de visite, tintypes, and cabinet cards contained in the...
Dates: 1861 - 1986; Majority of material found within ca. 1870s-ca. 1940s
Identifier: AC 150
Scope and Content The Moles Collection consists of one account ledger and 18 diaries with accompanying enclosures dating from 1908 to 1925.
Identifier: PAC 045
Scope and Content The Jack Parsons Collection encompasses the photographers entire career (over 50,000 photographs) and will continue to have ongoing contributions to the archive for years to come.
Dates: 1973 - 2011
- Subject: New Mexico -- Description and travel X
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 26
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 21
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 5
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 3
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 47
- Diaries 10
- Photographs 10
- Arizona--Description and travel 8
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 8
- Tourism -- New Mexico 7
- Colorado--Description and travel 6
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 6
- Clippings 5
- Map 5
- New Mexico -- History 5
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 5
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 20th century 4
- Europe--Description and travel 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Description and travel 4
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 3
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 3
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 3
- New Mexico -- Commerce 3
- New Mexico -- Description and travel -- 19th century 3
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 3
- Publications 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 3
- Advertising -- New Mexico 2
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 2
- Alabados 2
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 2
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 19th century 2
- Articles 2
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- Folk songs, Spanish -- New Mexico 2
- Hymns 2
- Letters 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- Colorado 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel -- 20th century 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel -- Photographs 2
- Pennsylvania -- Description and travel 2
- Postcards 2
- Pueblos -- New Mexico 2
- Ranch life -- New Mexico 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) 2
- Santa Fe Trail 2
- Southwest, New -- Description and travel -- 19th century 2
- Southwest, New -- Description and travel -- 20th century 2
- Travel -- Pictorial works 2
- Travel literature 2
- United States -- Description and travel 2
- West (U.S.)--Description and travel--Pictorial works 2
- Account books 1
- Acoma (N.M.) 1
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 1
- Advertising -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Advertising -- New Mexico -- Los Alamos 1
- Agriculture - Middle West 1
- Agriculture -- Colorado 1
- Alamogordo (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Albums 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Economic conditions 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Population 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Annual reports 1
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 1
- Arizona -- Tours 1
- Arizona -- Social life and customs 1
- Arizona--Guidebooks 1
- Arizona--History 1
- Arizona--History -- To 1912 1
- Art festivals – New Mexico – Las Vegas 1
- Art festivals – New Mexico – Santa Fe 1
- Art, American 1
- Arts – New Mexico 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Authors, American -- Southwest, New 1
- Authors, English 1
- Autobiography 1
- Automobile travel -- Arizona 1
- Automobile travel -- New Mexico 1
- Automobile travel -- New Mexico. 1
- Aztec (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Bandelier National Monument (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Bandelier National Monument N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Biography 1
- Broadsides 1
- Brochures 1
- By-laws 1
- California--Description and travel 1
- Cameras 1
- Camping -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Camps -- New Mexico 1
- Canada -- Pictorial works 1
- Caribbean Area--Description and travel 1 ∧ less
- English 56
- Undetermined 29
- German 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Tingley, Clyde 3
- Armstrong, Ruth W. 2
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 2
- Hollenback, Amelia, 1877-1969 2
- New Mexico Magazine 2
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 2
- Acequia Madre House . (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Armijo family 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Axtell, Samuel B. (Samuel Beach), 1819-1891 1
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 1
- Barker, Elliott S. (Elliott Speer), 1886-1988 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Bloom, Lansing Bartlett, 1880- 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Clancy, Frank W. (Frank Willey), 1852-1928 1
- Colorado State University 1
- Coronado, Francisco Vásquez de, 1510-1554 1
- DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis, 1886-1983 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- Fergusson, Erna, 1888-1964 1
- Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial Association 1
- Keleher family 1
- Keleher, William A. (William Aloysius), 1886-1972 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 1
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 1
- Lawrence, Frieda, 1879-1956 1
- Luhan, Mabel Dodge, 1879-1962 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Meem, John Gaw, 1894-1983 1
- Mitchell, Albert K., b. 1894 1
- New Mexico. Bureau of Immigration 1
- New Mexico. Coronado Cuarto Centennial Commission 1
- Parsons, Jack, 1939- 1
- Pyle, Ernie, 1900-1945 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Thorp, N. Howard (Nathan Howard), 1867-1940 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- University of New Mexico. Center for Southwest Research 1
- University of New Mexico. University Libraries 1
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 1
- Western Writers of America 1
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 1
- Wolfe, Edgar Forrest 1
- Wright, Charles, 1878-1937 1 ∧ less