Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 42
Alice Scoville Barry Collection of Historical Documents,
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of official government documents from New Mexico's various historical governments: its Spanish colonial government (1684-1821), its Mexican government (1821-1846), and its American government (1846-1863). Subjects included are the reconquest of New Mexico, the collection of taxes, official appointments, Indian affairs, and religious matters. Items of note are Diego de Vargas' journal of the Reconquest (1694-1790), Commandante General Pedro de Nava's refusal of...
Alliance for Innovation in Science and Technology Information (AISTI) Records
Abstract Collection consists primarily of administrative records and program materials of the Alliance for Innovation in Science and Technology Information (AISTI).
Año de Juárez Folio (1972)
Abstract This collection contains 20 prints by Taller de Gráfica Popular artists Jesus Alvarez Amaya, Alberto Beltrán, Angel Bracho, Celia Calderon, Luis Chaco, Andrea Gomez, Elena Huerta, Xavier Iniguez, Leopoldo Mendez, and Manuel Perez Coronado, commemorating the presidency of Benito Juárez (Mexico, 1858-1872).
Arthur Boyle Papers,
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of records of the New Mexico Horticultural Society, including its 1886 charter and bylaws, and minutes of meetings from 1895-1896. Also within the collection is an 1883 letter appointing G. Pitman Smith as Missouri's delegate to the Santa Fe Tertio-Millenial Celebration.
Bazz Owen Smaulding Papers,
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials created and collected by Smaulding. Most of the items relate to his athletic career, including a scrapbook of newspaper clippings on his achievements as a high school athlete and professional baseball player, and yearbooks of Albuquerque High School from 1917, 1918, 1920, and 1924. Collection also includes Smaulding's 1923 contract with the semi-professional baseball team the Queen City Stars of Seattle, and the constitution and by-laws of the Chicago-Piney...
Eda Gordon papers
Abstract This collection contains materials generated from Eda Gordon's work on behalf of Native American peoples on issues relating to energy development and exploitation on native lands, the Navajo-Hopi land dispute, and tribal sovereignty.
Dates: 1974-2002; Majority of material found within 1974-1983
Elizabethtown, NM, Book of Rules and Ordinances,
Identifier: AC 074-P
Scope and Content One 1870 book of rules and ordinances of Elizabethtown, New Mexico. Includes rules for city government, descriptions of city ordinances, and a listing of city officials.
Fifteen Club Records,
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of the Fifteen Club and some of its members (1891-1987). Includes minutes (1891-1983), constitution and by-laws (1891-1963), meeting programs (1891-1987), membership lists (1957-1964), and financial records (1892-1901). Also includes one bound work of the reminiscences of Nettie L. Miller, clippings, and two publications of limericks.
Francis Cushman Wilson Papers on Pueblo Legal Issues
Scope and Content Pamphlet prepared by the Indian Rights Association. (Box 1, Folder 7). This collection focuses on Pueblo Indian legal issues that Francis Wilson was involved with as a private attorney, following his tenure as U.S. Attorney for the Pueblo Indians. Government publications on Pueblo Indian lands, prohibition, irrigation, and Indian schools form the bulk of this collection. Additionally, there is a transcript of the New Mexico Supreme Court Case,...
Governor Jerry Apodaca Papers,
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Apodaca. Executive papers include correspondence, proclamations, and appointments. Legislative papers include bills, veto messages and various other documents. State agencies, boards, committees, and institutions include materials from the Governors' Service Centers. Papers of state government contain materials from the National Governors' Conference. Special reports and issues pertain to drought, several state water projects and sewers, the...
Governor Merritt C. Mechem Papers,
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Mechem. Correspondence concerns a variety of subjects, including conveyances of federal public lands, the fence controversy at Tesuque Pueblo, the possible creation of a national park on the Mescalero Indian Reservation, and Japanese immigration. Proclamations involve quarantines in response to several types of weevils. Special reports and investigations include the failure of the Santa Fe Bank, discrimination against Spanish-Americans at the...
Dates: 1908-1925 ( bulk 1921-1922)
Historic Santa Fe Foundation Records,
Identifier: AC 107
Scope and Content Collection consists of the organization's records: minutes (copies) of board and membership meetings; financial statements; correspondence and bulletins, and other documents reflecting the organization's activities. The minutes are extensive, tracing in detail the activities of the Foundation and the development of historic sites.
Independent Order of Odd Fellows Records from Four Santa Fe, New Mexico Lodges,
Scope and Content Collection consists of microfilm of constitutions, by-laws, membership applications, minutes, ledger books, and other records created by four New Mexico lodges of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows: Montezuma Lodge (1851-1858); Paradise Lodge (1852-1916); Aztlan Lodge (1883-1925); and Santa Fe Lodge (1884-1961).
Dates: 1851-1961 ( bulk 1851-1922)
John Redhouse Papers
Abstract This collection documents John Redhouse's activities and involvement with projects and issues relating to Native sovereignty and environmental justice. Included are proposals, reports, correspondence, news clippings, articles, and publications.
Joseph M. Montoya Papers
Abstract The Joseph M. Montoya Papers document Montoya's career in politics, primarily in the U. S. House of Representatives and U. S. Senate. The collection contains administrative files, correspondence, legislation, reports, speeches, press releases, campaign materials, and news clippings.
Dates: 1913-1977; Majority of material found within 1957-1976
Kay Cole Papers
Scope and Content The majority of this collection represents Kay Cole's involvement with Dennis Banks and American Indian issues, dating from the 1970's. The collection is divided into 9 overlapping series. D-Q University contains materials related to D-Q (Deganawidah Quetzacoatl) University, an accredited, Indian controlled Indian/Chicano college which was established in Davis, California in 1971 and continues to operate today. Dennis Banks was a student, an instructor,...
L. Bradford Prince Political Pamphlets
Identifier: AC 405
Scope and Content Collection consists of political pamphlets concerning mostly United States Congress bills and related discussions on a variety of topics of importance during the late l800?s and early 1900?s, including irrigation, prohibition, sugar, tariff and emigration and immigration laws; the Phillippine American War, courts and judicial power in the U.S.; and Tax Administration and Procedure.
Dates: 1879-1943; Majority of material found in 1879-1922 and 1942-1943
Las Jardineras Garden Club
Identifier: AC 577
Scope and Content Collection contains 23 scrapbooks. Scrapbooks, often artistically designed, contain club and membership information.
Manuel Lujan Congressional Papers
Abstract The majority of this collection is Manuel Lujan's legislative files from the 92nd Congress (1971/72) to the 100th Congress (1987/88).
Montefiore Congregation Collection,
Identifier: AC 435-p
Scope and Content The collection consists of two booklets containing the By-Laws of the Montefiore Congregation and one booklet containing the constitution of the organization.
Myron Carson Papers Pertaining to Workers' Compensation and Employment of the Handicapped in New Mexico,
Identifier: MSS 729 BC
Abstract This collection pertains to the development and administration of the New Mexico Governor's Committee on Concerns of the Handicapped and the New Mexico Workers' Compensation Act of 1984. Materials in this collection include New Mexico House and Senate bills, committee documents, correspondence, statistical information, and publications.
National Indian Youth Council Records
Abstract This collection contains the records of the National Indian Youth Council. The records relate to administrative and organizational issues and activities such as voting rights protection, American Indian religious freedom issues, political participation projects, treaty rights protection, public education, international work, and job training/placement.
Dates: 1935-2000 (bulk 1961-1993)
New Mexico Board of Pharmacy Record Book
Abstract The New Mexico Board of Pharmacy record book contains records describing the business of the Board between 1889 and 1929.
New Mexico Department of Education Records,
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Department of Education, State Board of Education, State Superintendent of Public Instruction, and their predecessors the Territorial Board of Education, Territorial Superintendent of Schools,and Superintendent of Public Instruction (1847-1988).Includes annual and other reports, minutes, administrative correspondence, directories, certificates, legal documents, laws, rules, one scrapbook of clippings (1905-1908), and one letterpress...
New Mexico Federation of Women's Clubs Records,
Identifier: AC 163
Scope and Content The New Mexico Federation of Women Clubs [NMFWC] is part of the national organization General Federation of Women's Clubs [GFWC], which supervises state chapters. The regional and local chapters, in turn, reported to the NMFWC. The chapters function under the auspices of the NMFWC, and are largely subject to their constitutions, by-laws and governing principles. In Santa Fe, the club was originally called Woman's Board of Trade and Library Association.
- Subject: Laws X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 18
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 13
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 10
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- By-laws 16
- Minutes (Records) 15
- Constitutions 7
- Programs 6
- Clippings 5
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 5
- Reports 5
- State government records 5
- Account books 4
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 4
- Annual reports 4
- Indians of North America -- Government relations 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 4
- Contracts 3
- Financial records 3
- Hopi Indians -- Land tenure 3
- Hopi Indians -- Relocation 3
- Indians of North America -- Civil rights 3
- Indians of North America -- Legal status, laws, etc. 3
- Indians of North America--Legal status, laws, etc. 3
- Laws 3
- Membership lists 3
- Navajo Indians -- Land tenure 3
- Navajo Indians -- Relocation 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Territorial records 3
- Addresses 2
- Alcohol -- Law and Legislation -- New Mexico 2
- Articles of incorporation 2
- Energy development -- Navajo Indian Reservation 2
- Equal rights amendments -- United States 2
- Extradition -- New Mexico 2
- Governors -- New Mexico 2
- Indian termination policy 2
- Indians of North America -- Education 2
- Indians of North America -- Land tenure 2
- Indians of North America -- Treaties 2
- Jews - New Mexico - Las Vegas 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 2
- Navajo Indians -- Legal status, laws, etc. 2
- Navajo Indians--Government relations 2
- Navajo Indians--Land tenure 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Notarial documents 2
- Pardon -- New Mexico 2
- Proclamations 2
- Publications 2
- Pueblo Indians -- Land tenure 2
- Water rights -- New Mexico 2
- Women -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe -- Societies and clubs 2
- Women -- Societies and clubs 2
- Wounded Knee (S.D.) -- History -- Indian occupation, 1973 2
- Abortion 1
- Abortion -- Laws and legislation -- New Mexico 1
- Academic libraries 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico -- Reorganization 1
- Administrative reports 1
- Affirmative action programs 1
- African American Baseball Players 1
- Agricultural pests -- New Mexico 1
- Akwesasne Notes 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Planning 1
- Anapra (N.M.) 1
- Antonio Martinez Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apache Indians -- New Mexico 1
- Apostasy 1
- Applications 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Athapascan Indians--Languages 1
- Athletes -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Ballot --New Mexico 1
- Baseball -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Baseball -- United States 1
- Bills, Legislative 1
- Bonds (legal records) 1
- Campaign funds --New Mexico 1
- Certificates 1
- Charters 1
- Coal gasification -- New Mexico--San Juan County 1
- Coal mines and mining -- Environmental aspects -- Navajo Indian Reservation 1
- Coal mines and mining -- Environmental aspects -- New Mexico 1
- Coinage -- Mexico -- History -- 18th century 1
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 1
- Congregation Montefiore (Las Vegas, N.M.) 1
- Conservation of natural resources --New Mexico 1
- Constitutional conventions --New Mexico 1
- Constitutional history --New Mexico 1
- Constitutional law --New Mexico 1
- Constitutions -- Mexico 1
- Consumer protection 1
- Copyright --New Mexico 1
- Corporations --New Mexico 1
- Correspondence 1
- Courts--United States 1
- Crazy Horse Spirit 1 ∧ less
- English 40
- Undetermined 22
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- Collier, John, 1884-1968 3
- American Indian Movement 2
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 2
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 2
- Aberle, David F. (David Friend), 1918-2004 1
- Aberle, Sophie D., 1899-1996 1
- Albuquerque High School (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 1
- Aquash, Anna Mae, 1945-1976 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Bellecourt, Clyde H. (Clyde Howard), 1936- 1
- Berninghaus, Oscar E. (Oscar Edmund), 1874-1952 1
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Historic Santa Fe Foundation 1
- Los Alamos National Laboratory 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1975-1978 : Apodaca) 1
- Taos Society of Artists 1
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- United States. Pueblo Lands Board 1
- Walter, Paul A. F. 1 ∧ less