Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 32
Albuquerque Historical Society Records
Abstract This collection contains board minutes, correspondence and program information for the Albuquerque Historical Society.
Dates: 1940-2008; Majority of material found within 1982-2002
Ben Moffett Interviews with New Mexico Sports Figures collection
Abstract This collection consists of typed transcriptions of interviews by Moffett with New Mexico Sports figures.
Benjamin Morris Thomas Collection
Identifier: PAC 025
Scope and Content Collection consists of some 300 early images by various photographers of primarily southwestern Indian subjects, printed in a variety of formats and sizes (cabinet cards, stereos, boudoir cards, etc.) from the 1870s through 1912. Original collection by B.M. Thomas was added to by his son Bradley M. Thomas following Benjamin’s death. Photographs are itemized by negative number followed title or description. Mnay of these images have been posted on the Palace of the Governors Photo Archive online...
Dates: 1863 - 1928; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Carl Newland Werntz Photographs
Identifier: PAC 035
Scope and Content Important collection of original photographs of Hopi, Apache, Havasupai peoples, Fort Apache and other locations, dated circa 1900. As an established artist, Werntz had a highly sophisticated approach to photography. No accession records for this collection. The work of William H. Simpson somehow seems to be tied to this collection but there is no paper trail to verify that.
Charles F. Lummis Collection
Identifier: PAC 022
Scope and Content Consisting primarily of cyanotype images, the bulk of photos between 1888-1894 documents pueblo life and New Mexico, Latin America, archaeology, Bandelier family
Dates: 1884 - 1925
Aaron B. Craycraft Photographs
Scope and Content This small but invaluable collection of prints and negatives provides unique views of Santa Fe and the northern Pueblos, as well as some portraits and other New Mexico scenes.
Dates: 1890 - 1918; Majority of material found within 1904 - 1915
Dorothy I. Cline Papers
Abstract The Dorothy Cline Papers contain personal and professional materials related to the life and research of Dorothy Cline. Cline was a professor of Political Science at the University of New Mexico and was actively involved in state and national politics. This collection is important for the study of women within electoral politics and the role of citizens within the public sphere.
Dates: 1915-1990 (bulk 1941-1987)
Elisha V. and Boaz W. Long Papers,
Scope and Content Collection consists of Elisha V. and Boaz W. Long's personal, legal, and dipolmatic correspondence; legal and business records; manuscripts and reports; clippings; and family papers. A large portion of the collection consists of: the legal papers of Elisha V. Long during his tenure as district attorney for several New Mexico counties (1896-1899), as the Chief Justice of the New Mexico Territorial Supreme Court (1885- 1890), and as a private attorney; and the official papers of Boaz W. Long...
English Translations/Transcriptions of the Carnegie Public Library (Las Vegas, N.M.) Oral History Project with Spanish Speaking Old Timers
Abstract This collection consists of English translations and transcriptions of 75 oral history interviews with Spanish speaking old timers living within 60 miles of Las Vegas, New Mexico.
Dates: circa 1993
Fabiola Cabeza de Baca Gilbert Papers
Scope and Content This collection is divided into three series: Genealogy, Folklore and History, and Personal. The genealogy series contains notes, narratives, charts, last wills and testaments, correspondence, and other documents pertaining to the Baca and Delgado families and their relations. The Folklore and History series primarily contains narratives and notes, written by Fabiola Cabeza de Baca Gilbert. Her writings combine historical research with local folklore and tradition in topics relating...
Governor David F. Cargo Papers,
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Cargo. Includes proclamations; appointments; executive orders; executive budgets; address to legislature and files relating to legislative issues such as education; judicial reports and reports of elected officials; reports of administrative agencies, boards and commissions; reports of state institutions and records of the Four Corners Regional Commission and other regional commissions. Federal records include correspondence with and news clips...
Harvey Butler Fergusson Correspondence
Scope and Content This collection contains 57 typewritten letters sent by Fergusson, dated March 18, 1910-November 10, 1911. Primarily, the letters relate to the New Mexico Constitutional Convention of 1910. They are addressed to Felix Martinez, James D. Whelan, E.C. de Baca, J.G. Fitch, M.W. McCoy and others. Also in the collection is a list of names for statehood proceedings in the Senate committee, a paper containing excerpts about Fergusson from Lincoln County newspapers, 1883-1884, and some miscellaneous...
Helen Blumenschein Collection
Identifier: PAC 008
Scope and Content This is a minimally processed collection of primarily personal family photographs, many not identified. There are an abundant number of photos of Helen G. Blumenschein, her artist parents Ernest and Mary, including her time in the military, her family, and travels. There are negatives for which there are no prints and vice versa. Some notation on envelopes and backs of photos.
Dates: 1909 - 1989
Italians of Albuquerque Oral History Project
Scope and Content The collection contains 32 interview sessions. There are full transcripts for the interviews with Charles Menicucci and Henry Viviani, Paul Viviani, Anna Viviani Machemehl. There are tape logs for the other 30 interviews. In most cases, biographical sketches of interviewees are included with the tape logs or transcripts. The collection also includes project research and progress reports, publicity, and related research materials dating from 1890-1996.
Jeff Bingaman Senatorial papers
Abstract The collection contains administrative files, campaign documents, special projects files, photographs, press and media files, scheduling documents, speeches and statements, oral histories, correspondence, legislative research files, and state office files generated in association with Jeff Bingaman’s 30 year tenure as U. S. Senator from New Mexico.
Dates: circa 1982-2012
John Candelario Collection
Identifier: PAC 060
Scope and Content Collections consists of several thousand images in print, negative, color slide format and some film reels.
Dates: 1938 - 1991; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Lincoln County Collection
Identifier: PAC 040
Scope and Content Original transfer included documents, photographs, letters, framed prints and albums. In addition to original photographs there are many copies of historically significant photographs. Collection includes many portraits of people who played a significant role in Lincoln County or prominent in New Mexico politics.
Dates: 1874 - 1960s; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Alejandro López Papers and Ethnographic Interviews, 1971-2021
Abstract This collection contains papers and interviews created and collected by Alejandro López from the 1970s to 2021. The papers relate to education, resolana, and service-learning programs, while the ethnographic interviews focus on elders from Chimayo, Truchas, and other Nuevomexicano communities.
Dates: 1971 - 2021
Maisel Family and Business Papers
Abstract This collection contains family and business papers and photographs related to the family of Maurice and Cyma (Minin) Maisel of Albuquerque, New Mexico, and to their business, Maisel’s Indian Trading Post.
Matilde Coxe Stevenson Collection
Identifier: PAC 006
Scope and Content The collection consists of photographic images produced by Matilda Coxe Stevenson circa 1890s through 1900. They depict ceremonial activities and daily life in the pueblos of Zuni and Sia (Zia). All photos were made with a Kodak No. 2 camera. Subject references made by the photographer are to the Annual Reports of the Bureau of American Ethnology to which the photos are keyed. There is no acquisition history for this collection however HP.1984.15 and HP.1984.24 contained photos which are more...
Dates: 1890 - 1900; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: PAC 039
Scope and Content Many of the original photos in this small but important collection are hand annotated on the verso in pencil placing the locations, U.S. military personnel in Mexico and in Columbus, including photos of El Paso and Juarez, town of Columbus, military encampments and battle scenes. Hand annotations from photographs are in quote marks. It is assumed most photographs are in Columbus unless otherwise noted. Photographs are listed in contents by negative number in numerical order.
Dates: 1916; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
New Mexico Business Enterprises Photograph Collection
Abstract This collection includes photographs of various New Mexico Business Enterprises.
New Mexico Endowment for the Humanities Records
Abstract This collection consists of records of the New Mexico Endowment for the Humanities, a state-based organization affiliated with the National Endowment for the Humanities. Documents relate to the development of the program, projects, correspondence, and public relations.
New Mexico Indian Education Association Records
Abstract MS013 consists of materials originating from the New Mexico Indian Education Association's administrative and publication activities.
Dates: 1981-2009; Majority of material found in 1990-1995
Found in: Institute of American Indian Arts
New Mexico Secretary of State Records,
Scope and Content As of 1997, collection consists of records of the Secretary of the Territory (1851-1912), and the Secretary of State (1912- 1995). Includes executive record books and indexes, records of notaries public, legislative journals, enrolled and engrossed bills, laws of New Mexico, records of Constitutional Conventions (1850, 1866, 1872, 1889, 1906, 1910-1912), records of the Territorial Assembly (1859-1909), and correspondence of the Territorial Secretary (1851-1912). Collection also includes oaths...
- Subject: History - New Mexico X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 15
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 13
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 3
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- Photographs 19
- History - New Mexico 7
- History -- New Mexico 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 4
- Constitutional history -- New Mexico 3
- Interviews 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 3
- Oral history -- New Mexico 3
- Sound recordings 3
- Addresses 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 2
- Archaeological sites - Southwest 2
- Constitutional conventions -- New Mexico 2
- Elections -- New Mexico 2
- Folklore and history -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America - Pueblo 2
- Indians, North America -- New Mexico 2
- Interviews -- Sound recordings 2
- Italian Americans -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- New Mexico -- Maps 2
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Oral History -- New Mexico 2
- Oral histories 2
- Portraits 2
- State government records 2
- Account books 1
- Acculturation -- New Mexico 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 1
- Agriculture --New Mexico--History 1
- Alabados 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- Anecdotes 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Italian Americans -- Cultural Assimilation 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Italian Americans -- Ethnic Identity 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Ambassadors -- United States 1
- Annual reports 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apportionment (Election law) -- New Mexico 1
- Archaelogy -- South America 1
- Archaelogy -- Southwest, New 1
- Archaeology - Southwest 1
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 1
- Art Works 1
- Art--Indian--Southwest--New 1
- Art--Slides 1
- Articles of incorporation 1
- Artists 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Arts--New Mexico--Endowments 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Ballot --New Mexico 1
- Basketball -- New Mexico 1
- Basketball History 1
- Basketball heroes 1
- Basketball players 1
- Bills, Legislative 1
- Bonds (legal records) 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico 1
- Business records 1
- Campaign funds --New Mexico 1
- Cemeteries -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Central business districts--New Mexico--Albuquerque 1
- Christmas plays, Spanish -- New Mexico 1
- Churches -- New Mexico 1
- Clippings 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Compact discs 1
- Constitutional History -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional Law -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional conventions --New Mexico 1
- Constitutional history --New Mexico 1
- Constitutional law -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional law --New Mexico 1
- Copyright --New Mexico 1
- Corporations --New Mexico 1
- Correspondence 1
- Corridos 1
- Curriculum Development 1
- Diaries 1
- Drawing 1
- Education in New Mexico 1
- Education, Humanistic--New Mexico 1
- Education--Bilingual--New Mexico 1
- Education--New Mexico 1
- Education--New Mexico--Cirricula 1
- Ethnic Groups -- New Mexico-- Albuquerque 1
- Federal aid to the arts 1
- Financial 1
- Folk music -- Colorado 1
- Folk music -- New Mexico 1
- Folk music--New Mexico 1
- Folklore -- New Mexico 1
- Folklore, Spanish - New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 1
- Genealogy -- Family history 1
- Governors -- New Mexico 1
- Grant Writing 1
- Guadalupe County (N.M.) -- History 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 3
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Albuquerque Historical Society 1
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Blumenschein, Helen G. (Helen Greene), 1909-1989 1
- Cobos, Rubén 1
- Craycraft, Aaron B., 1856-1918 1
- Fairview Cemetery (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Heady, Ferrel 1
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- Schmidt, Henry A. 1
- Stevenson, Matilda Coxe, 1850-1915 1
- Thomas, B. M. (Benjamin Morris), 1843-1892 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- Werntz, Carl, 1874-1944 1
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 1 ∧ less