Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 34
Abstract This collection contains board minutes, correspondence and program information for the Albuquerque Historical Society.
Dates: 1940-2008; Majority of material found within 1982-2002
Scope and Content This collection contains the photographs of the Ann Baumann Trust, which was created by Ann Baumann, daughter of New Mexico artist Gustave Baumann, in order to promote Baumann’s artistic legacy and preserve his archival materials. The collection contains prints, color slides and transparencies, negatives, and photo albums documenting Baumann's life, artwork, and legacy. The collection consists primarily of Gustave Baumann’s photographs, including professional portraits...
Dates: 1860s-2012; Majority of material found in 1895-1974
Abstract This collection consists of typed transcriptions of interviews by Moffett with New Mexico Sports figures.
Identifier: PAC 025
Scope and Content Collection consists of some 300 early images by various photographers of primarily southwestern Indian subjects, printed in a variety of formats and sizes (cabinet cards, stereos, boudoir cards, etc.) from the 1870s through 1912. Original collection by B.M. Thomas was added to by his son Bradley M. Thomas following Benjamin’s death. Photographs are itemized by negative number followed title or description. Mnay of these images have been posted on the Palace of the Governors Photo Archive online...
Dates: 1863 - 1928; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: PAC 035
Scope and Content Important collection of original photographs of Hopi, Apache, Havasupai peoples, Fort Apache and other locations, dated circa 1900. As an established artist, Werntz had a highly sophisticated approach to photography. No accession records for this collection. The work of William H. Simpson somehow seems to be tied to this collection but there is no paper trail to verify that.
Identifier: PAC 022
Scope and Content Consisting primarily of cyanotype images, the bulk of photos between 1888-1894 documents pueblo life and New Mexico, Latin America, archaeology, Bandelier family
Dates: 1884 - 1925
Scope and Content This small but invaluable collection of prints and negatives provides unique views of Santa Fe and the northern Pueblos, as well as some portraits and other New Mexico scenes.
Dates: 1890 - 1918; Majority of material found within 1904 - 1915
Abstract The Dorothy Cline Papers contain personal and professional materials related to the life and research of Dorothy Cline. Cline was a professor of Political Science at the University of New Mexico and was actively involved in state and national politics. This collection is important for the study of women within electoral politics and the role of citizens within the public sphere.
Dates: 1915-1990 (bulk 1941-1987)
Scope and Content Collection consists of Elisha V. and Boaz W. Long's personal, legal, and dipolmatic correspondence; legal and business records; manuscripts and reports; clippings; and family papers. A large portion of the collection consists of: the legal papers of Elisha V. Long during his tenure as district attorney for several New Mexico counties (1896-1899), as the Chief Justice of the New Mexico Territorial Supreme Court (1885- 1890), and as a private attorney; and the official papers of Boaz W. Long...
English Translations/Transcriptions of the Carnegie Public Library (Las Vegas, N.M.) Oral History Project with Spanish Speaking Old Timers
Abstract This collection consists of English translations and transcriptions of 75 oral history interviews with Spanish speaking old timers living within 60 miles of Las Vegas, New Mexico.
Dates: circa 1993
Scope and Content This collection is divided into three series: Genealogy, Folklore and History, and Personal. The genealogy series contains notes, narratives, charts, last wills and testaments, correspondence, and other documents pertaining to the Baca and Delgado families and their relations. The Folklore and History series primarily contains narratives and notes, written by Fabiola Cabeza de Baca Gilbert. Her writings combine historical research with local folklore and tradition in topics relating...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Cargo. Includes proclamations; appointments; executive orders; executive budgets; address to legislature and files relating to legislative issues such as education; judicial reports and reports of elected officials; reports of administrative agencies, boards and commissions; reports of state institutions and records of the Four Corners Regional Commission and other regional commissions. Federal records include correspondence with and news clips...
Scope and Content This collection contains 57 typewritten letters sent by Fergusson, dated March 18, 1910-November 10, 1911. Primarily, the letters relate to the New Mexico Constitutional Convention of 1910. They are addressed to Felix Martinez, James D. Whelan, E.C. de Baca, J.G. Fitch, M.W. McCoy and others. Also in the collection is a list of names for statehood proceedings in the Senate committee, a paper containing excerpts about Fergusson from Lincoln County newspapers, 1883-1884, and some miscellaneous...
Identifier: PAC 008
Scope and Content This is a minimally processed collection of primarily personal family photographs, many not identified. There are an abundant number of photos of Helen G. Blumenschein, her artist parents Ernest and Mary, including her time in the military, her family, and travels. There are negatives for which there are no prints and vice versa. Some notation on envelopes and backs of photos.
Dates: 1909 - 1989
Scope and Content The collection contains 32 interview sessions. There are full transcripts for the interviews with Charles Menicucci and Henry Viviani, Paul Viviani, Anna Viviani Machemehl. There are tape logs for the other 30 interviews. In most cases, biographical sketches of interviewees are included with the tape logs or transcripts. The collection also includes project research and progress reports, publicity, and related research materials dating from 1890-1996.
Abstract The collection contains administrative files, campaign documents, special projects files, photographs, press and media files, scheduling documents, speeches and statements, oral histories, correspondence, legislative research files, and state office files generated in association with Jeff Bingaman’s 30 year tenure as U. S. Senator from New Mexico.
Dates: circa 1982-2012
Identifier: PAC 060
Scope and Content Collections consists of several thousand images in print, negative, color slide format and some film reels.
Dates: 1938 - 1991; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: PAC 040
Scope and Content Original transfer included documents, photographs, letters, framed prints and albums. In addition to original photographs there are many copies of historically significant photographs. Collection includes many portraits of people who played a significant role in Lincoln County or prominent in New Mexico politics.
Dates: 1874 - 1960s; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract This collection contains papers and interviews created and collected by Alejandro López from the 1970s to 2021. The papers relate to education, resolana, and service-learning programs, while the ethnographic interviews focus on elders from Chimayo, Truchas, and other Nuevomexicano communities.
Dates: 1971 - 2021
Abstract This collection contains family and business papers and photographs related to the family of Maurice and Cyma (Minin) Maisel of Albuquerque, New Mexico, and to their business, Maisel’s Indian Trading Post.
Identifier: PAC 006
Scope and Content The collection consists of photographic images produced by Matilda Coxe Stevenson circa 1890s through 1900. They depict ceremonial activities and daily life in the pueblos of Zuni and Sia (Zia). All photos were made with a Kodak No. 2 camera. Subject references made by the photographer are to the Annual Reports of the Bureau of American Ethnology to which the photos are keyed. There is no acquisition history for this collection however HP.1984.15 and HP.1984.24 contained photos which are more...
Dates: 1890 - 1900; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Collection — Multiple Containers
Scope and Contents / Alcance y Contenido This collection consists of 234 black and white photographs from the Mexican Punitive Expedition, which was commanded by General John J. Pershing in the aftermath of Pancho Villa's raid on Columbus, New Mexico on March 9, 1916. The collection includes several pictures taken by one of Dr. Musgrave’s friends or relatives who, as reporter for an Ohio newspaper, covered the events following Villa’s raid. Many of the original photos in this small but important collection are hand annotated on the...
Dates: ca. 1911 - 1917
Abstract This collection includes photographs of various New Mexico Business Enterprises.
Abstract This collection consists of records of the New Mexico Endowment for the Humanities, a state-based organization affiliated with the National Endowment for the Humanities. Documents relate to the development of the program, projects, correspondence, and public relations.
Abstract MS013 consists of materials originating from the New Mexico Indian Education Association's administrative and publication activities.
Dates: 1981-2009; Majority of material found in 1990-1995
Found in: Institute of American Indian Arts
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 16
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 14
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 3
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- Photographs 20
- History - New Mexico 7
- History -- New Mexico 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 4
- Constitutional history -- New Mexico 3
- History -- New Mexico -- Photographs 3
- Interviews 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 3
- Oral history -- New Mexico 3
- Sound recordings 3
- Addresses 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 2
- Archaeological sites - Southwest 2
- Constitutional conventions -- New Mexico 2
- Elections -- New Mexico 2
- Folklore and history -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America - Pueblo 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Photographs 2
- Indians, North America -- New Mexico 2
- Interviews -- Sound recordings 2
- Italian Americans -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 2
- New Mexico -- Maps 2
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Oral History -- New Mexico 2
- Oral histories 2
- Portraits 2
- State government records 2
- Account books 1
- Acculturation -- New Mexico 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 1
- Aerial photographs 1
- Agriculture --New Mexico--History 1
- Alabados 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- Anecdotes 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Italian Americans -- Cultural Assimilation 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Italian Americans -- Ethnic Identity 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Ambassadors -- United States 1
- Annual reports 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apportionment (Election law) -- New Mexico 1
- Archaelogy -- South America 1
- Archaelogy -- Southwest, New 1
- Archaeology - Southwest 1
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 1
- Architecture, Domestic -- New Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Art Works 1
- Art--Indian--Southwest--New 1
- Art--Slides 1
- Articles of incorporation 1
- Artists 1
- Artists -- Exhibitions -- New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Artists' materials -- Pictorial works 1
- Arts--New Mexico--Endowments 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Ballot --New Mexico 1
- Basketball -- New Mexico 1
- Basketball History 1
- Basketball heroes 1
- Basketball players 1
- Battlefields -- New Mexico 1
- Bills, Legislative 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Block printing – New Mexico – 20th century 1
- Bonds (legal records) 1
- Borderlands -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Buildings -- New Mexico – Albuquerque -- Photographs 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico 1
- Business records 1
- Campaign funds --New Mexico 1
- Cemeteries -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Central business districts--New Mexico--Albuquerque 1
- Chihuahua (Chihuahua, Mexico) 1
- Christmas plays, Spanish -- New Mexico 1
- Churches -- New Mexico 1
- Cityscape photographs -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Ciudad Juárez (Mexico) 1
- Clippings 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- College buildings--New Mexico-Photographs 1
- College students -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century -- Photographs 1
- Compact discs 1
- Constitutional History -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional Law -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional conventions --New Mexico 1
- Constitutional history --New Mexico 1
- Constitutional law -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional law --New Mexico 1
- Copyright --New Mexico 1
- Corporations --New Mexico 1
- Correspondence 1
- Corridos 1
- Curriculum Development 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 3
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Albuquerque Historical Society 1
- Albuquerque Public Schools 1
- Alianza Federal de las Mercedes 1
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Ann Baumann Trust 1
- Baumann, Ann, 1927-2011 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Baumann, Jane Henderson, 1892-1984 1
- Bingaman, Jeff 1
- Blumenschein, Helen G. (Helen Greene), 1909-1989 1
- Cobos, Rubén 1
- College of Santa Fe 1
- Craycraft, Aaron B., 1856-1918 1
- Fairview Cemetery (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Fierro, Rodolfo, 1880-1915 1
- Gilbert, Fabiola Cabeza de Baca, 1894-1991 1
- Heady, Ferrel 1
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Montoya, Joseph Manuel, 1915-1978 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- Schmidt, Henry A. 1
- Stevenson, Matilda Coxe, 1850-1915 1
- Thomas, B. M. (Benjamin Morris), 1843-1892 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- University of New Mexico 1
- Werntz, Carl, 1874-1944 1
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 1 ∧ less