Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of the Rogers family (Albert Sr., Albert Jr., Helen, and Waldo). The bulk of the collection consists of Albert Jr.s business and legal papers (1898-1956). Legal papers include Supreme Court of New Mexico case files involving the City of Raton; district court case files; and land grant case files involving the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Anton Chico, and Mora land grants. Also included are records from the settlement of Leah Ilfelds estate and one land grant map....
Scope and Content Collection consists of professional and personal papers of Armstrong and his wife, Alta Morton Armstrong. Includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and family memorabilia.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials relating to the Baca family of La Cienega, New Mexico. Series I consists of promissory notes, letters, contracts, and a land conveyance. Series II consists of promissory notes, letters, receipts, partido contracts (livestock contracts and chattel mortgages) and other documents involving either Ygnacio Baca or his son Juan Baca. Includes an 1846 inventory of Ygnacio Baca's estate. Series III consists primarily of documents involving Leonidas Baca...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Donaciano Vigil's military, family, and personal papers which span the Spanish, Mexican, and U.S. Territorial periods of New Mexico history. Spanish period documents contain land conveyances and abstracts of land primarily in Santa Fe (1770-1803), an inventory of civil and criminal proceedings (1766-1767), and a will (1820). Mexican period documents cover a wide range of New Mexico subjects. Some of the subjects are Vigil's military career (1834-1841), military affairs...
Dates: 1727-1877, bulk 1841-1877
Identifier: AC 215
Scope and Content Documents contain: originals and copies of legislation to create the war memorial and its administrative branch, the Board of Historical Services, and to appropriate funds to build a new arsenal and armory. Addresses and a paper concerning World War I, that were delivered at various commencements, dedications, and memorials, are included (1917- 1919). Clippings from primarily New Mexico newspapers discuss Springer's activities as lawyer for the Maxwell Land Grant Company; Theodore Roosevelt and...
Scope and Content Collection consists of handwritten autobiographical essays by Phoebus Freudenthal and his sister Anna Soloman; a 1971 obituary of Phoebus' son Louis E. Freudenthal; and one photograph of the Weisl family (apparently related to the Freudenthals). Phoebus Freudenthal's two page essay describes his birth in Poland and subsequent arrival and career in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Anna Soloman's 21 page essay describes her life in southern New Mexico from 1904 to 1912. Collection also includes...
Dates: 1880-1971 (bulk, 1880-1912)
Scope and Content Collection consists of an 1846 letter about U.S. General Kearny's march into Santa Fe during the Mexican-American War; letters and photostats of clippings about Anna Getty McClure describing her life in Santa Fe and her marriage to Colonel Charles McClure, and activities at Fort Marcy; and two Civil War subject clippings associated with Major George Getty.
Scope and Content Collection consists of official and personal papers of Governor McDonald. The bulk of the collection consists of McDonalds official papers (1912-1916). Legislative papers contain vetoes, messages, and documentation of the Governors Contingent Fund. Petitions involve the use of convict labor, construction of a dike on the Rio Grande, a right-of-way for the El Paso and Southwestern Railroad, and conditions at the Sugarite Mining Camp in Colfax County. Reports are from various state agencies and...
Dates: 1880-1968 (bulk, 1912-1916)
Scope and Content Collection consists of Santiago L. Hubbell's papers, deeds to the Pajarito property, Philip Hubbell's papers, and miscellaneous family papers. Santiago's papers include correspondence, business records, military orders, and sutler records. Items included are a muster roll for Hubbell's Company of New Mexican Mounted Volunteers (1861) and a 1859 translation of Juan Jose Lucero's account of his 1847 campaign against the Navajos. Philip's papers include personal and business records. Included are...
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials from members of these three inter-related familes from the area of Taos, New Mexico. Most of the collection is made up of land conveyances, wills, business documents, and correspondence. Includes a photocopy of Teresita Bent's handwritten account of her father Governor Charles Bent's assassination in 1847; land conveyances involving Maria Ygnacia Jaramillo; personal papers of Cornelio Vigil; a speech by L. Bradford Prince; business and personal...
Identifier: AC 135-P
Scope and Content Receipts and legal documents involving various members of the Lobato Family of Albuquerque.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Louis William Geck. Included are military service records, land records, district court case records, records pertaining to the Civil War and the occupation of Mesilla, records pertaining to Geck's pension, guardianship records, and family papers and photographs. Military service records include his military bounty claims. Land records include conveyances and deeds for land in Dona Ana County and Mesilla, New Mexico. District court records pertain to Geck's...
Dates: 1846-1985 (bulk 1846-1892)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the legal papers of Merrill E. Noble and the legal and personal papers of James V. Noble. The bulk of the collection consists of the legal files of Merrill's and James' private practice in Las Vegas. Legal files include correspondence, pleadings, and other materials that pertain to various civil, criminal, and probate cases in New Mexico. Included are papers pertaining to the following land grants: Las Vegas, Anton Chico, Preston Beck, Ortiz, and Tecolote; land titles in...
Scope and Content The papers of Peter Nabokov, writer and newspaperman, contain manuscripts, notes, recorded interviews and newspaper articles. The bulk of the collection relates to research and writings about Reies Lopez Tijerina and the Tierra Amarilla land grant. The collection contains articles from the Santa Fe New Mexican, The Albuquerque Journal, The Albuquerque Tribune, and various other newspapers and...
Identifier: AC 103
Scope and Content Assorted correspondence, some typed, but mostly handwritten, dating from 1920s to mid 1950s with a few pieces dated later.
Identifier: AC 029
Scope and Content Mexican and Territorial records spanning ca. 1810-1890. Later records and family memorabilia and correspondence. Collection consists of the family papers of the C de Baca, Rudolph, and Sanchez families of Mora County, New Mexico (1875-1949), Mora County documents (1809-1935), and miscellaneous papers. Bulk of the collection covers the years, 1809-1935. Mora County documents consist of: records for land grants, conveyances, and deeds (1809-67); unofficial bound volumes of...
Dates: 1809-1983 (bulk, 1809-1935)
Identifier: AC 243
Scope and Content Collection contains correspondence, one U. S. Geological Survey sketchbook with a few drawings by Ben Wittick, and miscellaneous transcribed correspondence.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of historical documents concerning New Mexico history. Series I consists of three documents involving Father Antonio Jose Martinez of Taos, New Mexico: the 1827 will of his father Antonio Severino Martinez; a brief autobiography of Antonio Jose Martinez published in 1838; and an 1859 proclamation by Antonio Jose Martinez documenting conflicts between himself and Archbishop Jean Baptiste Lamy. Series II consists of papers of the Gonzales family of Taos, New...
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 12
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 6
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 1
- Family papers 18
- Wills 6
- Clippings 5
- Conveyances 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 5
- Photographs 4
- Account books 3
- Addresses 3
- Black-and-white photographs 3
- Deeds 3
- Estate records 3
- Legal files 3
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 3
- Orders (military records) 3
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Estate inventories 2
- Genealogy 2
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 2
- Mora County (N.M.) -- History 2
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 2
- New Mexico -- History, Military 2
- Newspapers 2
- Preston Beck Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Proclamations 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Newspapers 1
- Americans -- Mexico 1
- Annual reports 1
- Arizona--Description and travel 1
- Attorneys general--New Mexico 1
- Attorneys--New Mexico 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Berkeley (Calif.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Boxing matches--New Mexico--East Las Vegas 1
- Carlsbad (N.M.) -- Politics 1
- Certificates 1
- Citizenship papers 1
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico 1
- Civil procedure --New Mexico 1
- Civil procedure New Mexico. 1
- Color photographs 1
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 1
- Contact sheets 1
- Contracts 1
- Convict labor--New Mexico--Raton 1
- Cookery -- New Mexico 1
- Criminal procedure -- New Mexico 1
- Criminal procedure --New Mexico 1
- Crinoidea, Fossil 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- La Cienega 1
- Doña Ana County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Drawing 1
- Earthquakes -- California -- San Francisco 1
- Engineers -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Eulogies 1
- Extradition -- New Mexico 1
- Family New Mexico Taos Photographs 1
- Fires -- California -- San Francisco 1
- Folklore 1
- Folklore -- New Mexico 1
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) 1
- Fort Moroni (Utah) -- Travel 1
- Governors -- New Mexico 1
- Governors--New Mexico 1
- Harding County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico 1
- How the world moves: the odyssey of an American Indian family 1
- Hunt family papers 1
- Indian running 1
- Inventories 1
- Invoices 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico -- La Cienega 1
- La Cienega (N.M.) -- History 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- Mora County 1
- Land grants --New Mexico 1
- Land grants New Mexico Maps. 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Bernalillo 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Mora County 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Taos County 1
- Land titles --New Mexico 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Dona Ana County 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Mesilla 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer New Mexico Elizabethtown 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer New Mexico Taos 1
- Las Animas Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- History 1
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 1
- Las Vegas Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 1
- Lawyers -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Lawyers --New Mexico--Las Vegas 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 18
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 1
- El Paso and Southwestern Railroad Company 1
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 1
- New Mexico. Legislature 1