Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 36
Abstract This collection contains the records of the Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice. It includes information on the history and structure of the organization and its work on issues including nuclear disarmament, nonviolence, solidarity with Central America, and military recruitment.
Dates: 1961-2010; Majority of material found within 1980-1989
Identifier: AC 544
Scope and Content The collection consists of diaries, journals, letters, personal and home expenses, social and charitable events, clubs and other organizations, childhood memorabilia, and photographs of the Hollenback family who lived in Pennsylvania, New York and New Mexico. NOTE: The family names and relationships in the genealogy folders (Box 1, Folders 1 and 2) of the Hollenback,Welles, and Beard families The original photographs are in the collections of the New Mexico Photo Archives (HP.2011.26). Most of...
Dates: 1820-1970; Majority of material found in 1880-1920
Collection — Small-Collections-Box: 11, Folder: PICT 2020-013
Abstract This artificial collection includes graphic materials and print ephemera from locations and businesses in Arizona.
Abstract This collection documents the personal and professional life of Arthur Harold Johnson - singer, poet, novelist and curator of the Jonson Gallery on the University of New Mexico campus. Materials include correspondence, unpublished and published writings, photographs, newspaper clippings and music recital programs.
Dates: 1887-1980; Majority of material found within 1930-1970
Abstract The Bennett Hammer LGBT Collection includes materials from 1970 to 2017 and consists of news clippings, organizational documents, memorabilia, and publications.
Abstract The Chilean Ephemera Collection is comprised of posters, political pamphlets and leaflets, art prints, arpilleras, and photographs related to protests against the dictatorship of General Augusto Pinochet and the educational policies of 21st century administrations.
Dates: 1970-2011; Majority of material found within 1970-1998, 2011
Abstract This collection consists of samples of materials printed by the Press of the Palace of the Governors (Santa Fe, N.M.). Included are booklets, poetry, invitations, announcements, and assorted ephemera.
Identifier: AC 558-p
Scope and Content Two New Mexico drivers licenses for Dale Gunn of Los Alamos, 1950 and 1953. Dale Gunn was employed by the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Dates: 1950; 1953
Scope and Content El Periquillo: Diario Poetico de la VI Feria Mexicana del Libro was a daily publication of the sixth Mexican book fair, which took place in 1954. It was published by the Confederacion Nacional de Organizaciones Populares (C.N.O.P.). The publication contained an engraving of an animal or insect with a related poem on the front page. There was an editorial concerning Mexican culture inside the front cover, original poetry, articles and daily fair schedules within...
Abstract This collection contains the papers of Gloria Montoya Chavez, a student, administrator, writer, and advocate for Chicano/a and other minority issues. These papers deal with professional, personal, and political struggle within the University of New Mexico’s Chicano Studies and Chicano Student Services, also known as Hispanic Student Services, and in the surrounding community.
Scope and Content This is an ongoing collection of unique documents and ephemera related to general US history with various topics. It is an eclectic collection with discrete items. The original provenance and integrity of some of these items cannot be guaranteed.
Abstract Collection consists of ephemera related to George Orwell and his 1984 and Animal Farm works.
Abstract This collection contains George Clayton Pearl’s personal and business records. The business files contain project information from his professional projects with SMPC Architects along with projects he undertook on his own. These projects deal mainly with historic preservation issues in New Mexico along with new projects he took on after retirement from SMPC Architects. Also included are personal correspondence materials, personal items, sketch books and photographs.
Dates: 1890-2003; Majority of material found within , 1950-2003
Abstract The New Mexico Green Party records consist largely of correspondence, flyers and brochures, newspaper clippings, newsletters, agendas, budgets, meeting minutes, and audio/video recordings. Materials document the political activism of the Green Party in New Mexico and its connection to national politics, environmental activism, and social and ecological negotiations.
Dates: 1987-2002; Majority of material found within 1994-2000
Abstract The collection consists primarily of broadsides and other ephemera advertising music shows, dance classes, and grassroots fundraisers at various Santa Fe area venues.
Abstract Personal journals, sketchbooks, gallery and exhibition catalogs/publicity, records of sales and donations, and photographic materials constitute the bulk of the collection, which documents Harry Nadler’s career as an artist.
Dates: 1930-2016; Majority of material found within 1960-1990
Identifier: AC 238
Scope and Content Henry F. Wetter was Secretary of the Territory 1869-1872. Mrs. Wetter accompanied him to Santa Fe and the collection consists of her letters to her family in the East. There are 14 letters totaling 77 written pages, The letters describe conditions in Santa Fe and New Mexico during the period. Also included is a speech delivered by Mr. Wetter upon his return to Pennsylvania. The 58 page manuscript describes the natural resources, people, places and customs of New Mexico. Other memorabilia is...
Abstract Collection consists of Jere Krakow’s research materials as well as official records of the Fred Harvey Company, and related papers from other sources including family members.
Dates: 1858-2015; Majority of material found within 1920-1995
Abstract Ken Kamerman was the State Senator from the 20th District of New Mexico from 1987 to 1992. A local business administrator heavily involved in civic affairs and Republic Party politics, Senator Kamerman was a principled legislator who advocated against excessive taxation. The collection consists of legislation, memoranda, correspondence, press clippings, and business papers derived from Kamerman’s legislative and professional life.
Dates: 1956-1997; Majority of material found within 1989-1992
Abstract This collection of undated matchbooks are graphically notable and advertise businesses, primarily motels, on Route 66 from Chicago, Illinois to Santa Monica, California.
Dates: circa 1930-2006
Identifier: AC 152
Scope and Content Mauro Montoya Collection documents significant episodes of New Mexico history during the eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The documents are divided into the four main periods: Spanish period, The Mexican period, U.S. Territorial period (incl. U.S. military occupation), New Mexico Statehood period.
Scope and Content This collection consists of two series, containing approximately 135 half-sheet broadsides from Mexico. All the associated text is written in Spanish.In Series I, each broadside contains an illustration from either a zinc etching, a type-metal engraving, a woodcut, or a photograph. Dates for this series range between 1895 and 1925. Some of the broadsides are entirely in verse, some report events such as comets, crime, natural disasters. The most represented printer is Antonio...
Abstract The Nancy Tucker Pictorial Collection of Southwest Materials is comprised of photographs, postcards, and artwork of New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials relating to the New Mexico Sanctuary movement in general, and the Sanctuary Defense Committees involvement in the trial of Glen Remer-Thamert and Demetria Martinez. Includes pleadings, minutes, trial information, letters of support, newspaper clippings, newsletters, publicity and promotional materials, articles on Sanctuary, four black and white photographs of the defendants, and two VHS videocassettes of trial coverage by Channel 13 News of Albuquerque.
Abstract This collection of album pages from the family of Peter H. Goldsmith, contains black and white photos, postcards, ephemera, and periodical clippings from Goldsmith's work and travel throughout South America in 1916, primarily in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru, Paraguay, and Uruguay.
- Subject: Ephemera X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 24
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 11
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 1
- Ephemera 32
- Clippings 14
- Photographs 12
- Letters 11
- Correspondence 6
- Mural painting and decoration 4
- Menus 3
- Newspapers 3
- Posters 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Broadsides 2
- Diaries 2
- Mexican poetry 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Oral histories 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Postcards 2
- Printed ephemera -- Mexico 2
- Printing -- Specimens 2
- Programs 2
- Protest literature 2
- Record-keeping works 2
- Sound recordings 2
- Transparencies 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American 2
- Account books 1
- Addresses 1
- Advertising - Pictorial works 1
- Albums 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- American poetry -- 20th century 1
- Anti-war demonstrations 1
- Architectural drawings 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture--Designs and plans 1
- Argentina -- Travel 1
- Arizona -- Pictorial works 1
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 19th century 1
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 20th century 1
- Arpilleras 1
- Art Museums -- New Mexico 1
- Art and literature -- Mexico 1
- Art museum curators – New Mexico – Archives 1
- Art, Mexican 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Bands (Music) – New Mexico 1
- Battleships--New Mexico 1
- Bill drafting - New Mexico 1
- Bills 1
- Book industries and trade -- Mexico 1
- Book industries and trade -- Mexico -- Periodicals 1
- Brazil--Description and travel 1
- Broadsides -- Mexico 1
- Broadsides -- Spain 1
- Business cards 1
- Business enterprises - Pictorial works - 20th century 1
- Calendars 1
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Mexico 1
- Caricatures and cartoons -- Spain 1
- Certificates 1
- Chile -- Pictorial works 1
- Chile--Chilean Students -- Caricatures and cartoons 1
- Chile--Chilean Students -- Photographs 1
- Chile--Chilean Students -- Pictorial works 1
- Chile--Chilean Students -- Posters 1
- Chile--Description and travel 1
- Chile--Education, regional disparities -- Caricatures and cartoons 1
- Chile--Education, regional disparities -- Photographs 1
- Chile--Education, regional disparities -- Pictorial works 1
- Chile--Education, regional disparities -- Posters 1
- Chile--Politics and government--20th century -- Posters 1
- Chile--Politics and government--21st century -- Caricatures and cartoons 1
- Chile--Politics and government--21st century -- Photographs 1
- Chile--Politics and government--21st century -- Pictorial works 1
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico 1
- Church work with refugees -- New Mexico 1
- Cimarron (N.M.) -- History 1
- Civil defense 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) 1
- Collectibles 1
- Colombia--Description and travel 1
- Commercial art -- Printing 1
- Concert programs – New Mexico 1
- Concerts – New Mexico – History -- 20th century -- Sources 1
- Conchas Lake (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Conscientious objectors 1
- Conveyances 1
- Covers (Illustrations) 1
- Deeds 1
- Devotional literature 1
- Drivers' licenses 1
- Drivers' licenses -- New Mexico 1
- Dude ranches -- New Mexico -- History 1
- El Periquillo: Diario Poetico de la Feria del Libro 1
- Elections -- New Mexico 1
- Emigration and immigration law -- United States 1
- Entertainment events – New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- English 31
- Spanish; Castilian 7
- Undetermined 5
- French 1
- German 1
- University of New Mexico 2
- Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice 1
- Albuquerque Public Library (N.M.) 1
- Arizona Sanctuary Defense Fund 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Collier, John, 1913-1992 1
- Eastern New Mexico University (Portales, N.M.) 1
- Forest Guardians (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Green Party of New Mexico 1
- Gregg, Andrew K. 1
- Hollenback, Amelia, 1877-1969 1
- Johnson, Arthur (Arthur Harold), b. 1898 1
- Jonson Gallery 1
- Jonson, Raymond, 1891-1982 1
- Los Alamos National Laboratory 1
- Martínez, Demetria, 1960- 1
- Meem, John Gaw, 1894-1983 1
- Montoya Chavez, Gloria 1
- Nadler, Harry, 1930-1990 1
- Nadler, Helen Sturgess 1
- New Mexico (Battleship) 1
- Pearl, George 1
- Posada, José Guadalupe, 1852-1913 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Santa Fe (Cruiser) 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Tijerina, Reies 1
- Tucker, Nancy 1
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission 1
- University of New Mexico. Center for Southwest Research 1
- Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (N.M.) 1 ∧ less