Showing Collections: 1 - 13 of 13
Identifier: AC 221
Scope and Content
- Misc. newspapers and clippings.
- Misc. correspondence, typed and handwritten.
- Annual reports, diairies, account books, scrapbooks, checkbooks, checks, manuals, notebooks, map of Europe after WW I.
- Government documents (Federal and territorial).
- Deeds, property assessments.
- Various and sundry items.
Identifier: AC 138
Scope and Content Summary: Collection consists of Lummis's journals and correspondence, as well as articles by Lummis and clippings on Pueblo Indian topics. The journals consist of typed carbon copies of very detailed entries from 1917 to 1920. The correspondence is from 1891 to 1912 and consists primarily of carbon copies of typed letters sent by Lummis to various individuals, including his daughter Turbese and son Keith, as well as Eugene Manlove Rhodes, John Muir, Ernest T. Seton, and Frank Springer. On the...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Woodward's personal papers and research materials collected and created in the process of the publication of her doctoral thesis and of various articles on the Penitentes (a grassroots Catholic group) of Northern New Mexico. Includes correspondence with various persons and institutions (1933-1949), two notebooks and a diary (1925-1928), and a scrapbook (1938). Notebooks and diary pertain to Woodward's travels to Europe and Hobbs, New Mexico. Research materials consist of...
Dates: 1542-1957 (bulk 1852-1957)
Identifier: AC 247
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials by and about Wynkoop. Includes a scrapbook of newspaper clippings collected by Wynkoop from 1859 to 1891, certificates and letters received by Wynkoop from 1861 to 1883, and a photocopy and typescript of Wynkoop's memoirs. Much of the materials in this collection relate to the Civil War in the West, the Sand Creek Massacre of Indians in Colorado, and John Chivington, a rival of Wynkoop who was also the leader of the American forces responsible for the Sand Creek...
Dates: 1859-1987 (bulk, 1859-1891)
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers of E.H. Plummer. Included are correspondence, reports, clippings, photographs, a diary, and published materials. Subjects included are E.H. Plummer's military career, the Navajos, Protestant missionary activity on the Navajo Reservation, Native American education, and Santa Fe, New Mexico. Items of note are documents concerning the Welch murder on the Navajo Reservation, Bishop J. Mills Kendrick's missionary progress report (1897), Elizabeth W. Thackra's letters as...
Dates: 1888-1937 (bulk, 1888-1897)
Scope and Content Collection consists of Elisha V. and Boaz W. Long's personal, legal, and dipolmatic correspondence; legal and business records; manuscripts and reports; clippings; and family papers. A large portion of the collection consists of: the legal papers of Elisha V. Long during his tenure as district attorney for several New Mexico counties (1896-1899), as the Chief Justice of the New Mexico Territorial Supreme Court (1885- 1890), and as a private attorney; and the official papers of Boaz W. Long...
Identifier: AC 211
Scope and Content The collection revolves around the internationally recognized sculptor and longtime resident of Santa Fe -- Eugenie Fredericka Shonnard. The bulk of the collection is from the mid-nineteenth century to the late 1970s. The collection is arranged both topically and chronologically. Biographical sketches precede those individuals whose papers comprise a significant portion of the overall collection. Collection consists of letters, diaries, ledgers, clippings, scrapbooks, notebooks,...
Dates: 1729-1978 (bulk, 1850-1978)
Abstract This collection documents the life and career of anthropologist, Frances Léon Quintana, in the Southwest, mainly between 1960 and 1999. The collection consists of published and unpublished works, field notes, lecture notes, project proposals and reports, general and project correspondence, biographical and job-related materials, political petitions, statements, testimonies, and some news clippings.
Dates: 1705-2012; Majority of material found within 1960-1999
Identifier: AC 362
Scope and Content The collection consists of Frank Ortiz's personal and diplomatic papers. The bulk of the material deals with his diplomatic and political career . Classified materials had been removed from the Frank V. Ortiz Collection in September 2006 by the U.S. State Department. In 2008 all but 18 documents have been declassified and returned to the Frank V. Ortiz Collection. A review of those remaining documents (either redacted or denied) will be requested in May of 2010. NOTE:...
Identifier: AC 150
Scope and Content The Moles Collection consists of one account ledger and 18 diaries with accompanying enclosures dating from 1908 to 1925.
Identifier: AC 057
Scope and Content This collection consists of Randall Davey's papers as well as those of his wife, Isabel, her sister, Kate H. Cullum, their siblings and their parents, John Caldwell Holt and Kate Gilbert Holt.
Identifier: AC 224
Scope and Content The Theron Marquis Trombeau papers include manuscripts, publications, correspondence and journals written between 1927 and 1979. Trombeau wrote extensively about southern New Mexico. He also wrote fiction, poetry, newspaper columns and essays. Some of his works explore homosexuality.
Identifier: AC 018
Scope and Content The Blackmore Collection includes promotional and research material documenting his investment concerns. Blackmore was instrumental in publishing books about the Southwest, Spanish land grants, Mexican land law and United States Territorial law regarding land grants. 1932 Barbara Aitken, an anthropologist who worked with Edgar Lee Hewett, secured the Blackmore Papers for the Historical Society of New Mexico. The Charles D. Poston papers are part of the Blackmore Collection. Most of...
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 9
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 3
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 1
- Scrapbooks 6
- Account books 3
- Genealogy 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 3
- Alabados 2
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- Europe--Description and travel 2
- Manuscripts 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Photographs 2
- Poems 2
- Address books 1
- Addresses 1
- Agriculture -- Colorado 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 1
- Ambassadors -- United States 1
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apache Indians -- Government relations. 1
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Argentina -- Relations -- United States 1
- Art--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Authors, American--Southwestern States 1
- Bilingualism 1
- Certificates 1
- Chamizal National Memorial (El Paso, Tex.) 1
- Colorado--Description and travel 1
- Colorado--History--1876-1950 1
- Colorado--History--to 1876 1
- Colorado--Social life and customs 1
- Confraternities -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional History -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional Law -- New Mexico 1
- Correspondence 1
- Drawing 1
- Ethiopia -- Relations -- United States 1
- Ethnohistory -- Southwest, New 1
- Ethnology -- Southwest, New 1
- Exhibition catalogs 1
- Falkland Islands War, 1982 1
- Family histories 1
- Fiction 1
- Financial records 1
- Fort Defiance (Ariz.) 1
- Grenada -- Relations -- United States 1
- Grenada--History--American Invasion, 1983 1
- Grenada--History--Coup d'état, 1979 1
- Grenada--Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Guadalupe, Our Lady of--controversy 1
- Guatemala -- Relations -- United States 1
- Guatemala--Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Hopi Indians -- Missions 1
- Hunting -- West (U.S.) 1
- Hymns 1
- Indian agents -- New Mexico 1
- Indian agents--Colorado 1
- Indian reservations -- New Mexico -- Southern Apache Agency 1
- Indians of North America -- Education 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- History 1
- Judges -- New Mexico 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico 1
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- History 1
- Las Vegas (N.M.) 1
- Las Vegas Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Lecture notes 1
- Letters 1
- Los Trijos Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Map 1
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 1
- Mesilla Valley (N.M.) -- History 1
- Mexico -- History -- Revolution, 1910-1920 1
- Mexico--Relations--United States 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 1
- Montezuma Rural High School Tribal Record 1
- Mora Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Multiculturalism 1
- Murder -- New Mexico -- San Juan County 1
- Navajo Indians -- Missions 1
- New Mexico -- History 1
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 1
- New Mexico -- Maps 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- New Mexico -- Religious Life and Customs 1
- New Mexico--Social life and customs, 1951- 1
- Pablo Melendres Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Pablo Montoya Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Painters -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Painting -- Technique 1
- Pamphlets 1
- Periodicals 1 ∧ less
- English 12
- Undetermined 11
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 2
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 1
- Ortiz, Frank V., 1926-2005 1
- Thomas, B. M. (Benjamin Morris), 1843-1892 1
- Tijerina, Reies 1 ∧ less