Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Identifier: MSS Utton
Scope and Content This collection traces the Utton and Wood families’ arrival in Aztec in the early 20th Century with some early historical material about Aztec and personal journals of family members. An extensive collection of letters written by Al Utton to his family dating from 1949 when he left Aztec for UNM until the 1980’s describe his life at the University of New Mexico, Oxford University and in England prior to his return to the US. Additional documents include scrapbooks, yearbooks, University...
Dates: 1877-2009; Majority of material found within 1960-1998
Found in: UNM School of Law Library
Identifier: MSS -641-BC
Abstract This collection contains papers of Caroline Schmidt and her sister Margaret, covering their teaching careers and education in New Mexico. It also includes political campaign material from New Mexico elections in the 1940's.
Abstract This collection contains documents relating to the Córdova v. Vaughn Municipal School District case in which Nadine and Patsy Córdova were fired for insubordination and for teaching "racist, inappropriate and disruptive" curricula. This collection includes reports, depositions, court exhibits, interview transcripts, examples of student work, and other miscellaneous documents.
Abstract This small collection contains the papers of former UNM economics professor David Hamilton. It includes records of the Economics Department, the Faculty Club, and the American Studies committee, and a speech delivered by Hamilton at the 1970 forum, “How to Save the University."
Abstract This collection contains photographs of Albuquerque High students, and facilities, many landscapes, and cityscapes, and other photographs mainly dealing with education and geology.
Abstract This collection contains papers from the files of UNM Dance Program founder Elizabeth Hannah Waters. It includes photographs, correspondence, news clippings, material from an exhibit about her life, dance event programs and posters, and a sketchbook.
Abstract Collection contains photographs from Fabiola Cabeza de Baca Gilbert's childhood and work as a school teacher.
Identifier: MSS -634-BC
Scope and Content The collection consists of a bound volume, which contains a project history and transcripts for 9 of the 10 interviews. There are 10 audio cassette tapes (60 minute) containing interviews with 8 individuals. There are 6 DVDs, each containing a single interview. Audio recordings are audio versions of the video recordings. Not all interviews have a transcript, an audiotape, and a DVD. For example, there is only an audiotape of the Elba C. De Baca interview; the Carlota Gonzales interview consists...
Dates: 1989-1997 (bulk 1992)
Identifier: AC 071
Scope and Content Included in this collection are Isabel Eckles' memorabilia, personal correspondence and papers pertaining to her various interests. Among the photocopied documents are memoirs written by Addison M. Williams and edited by E. Dana Johnson including poems, short stories, and a 79 page autobiography titled: "My Yesterdays: The Autobiography of an Ordinary Citizen: A Narrative of Early Days from Ohio to Old Santa Fe and Montana. Sidelights on the Formative Period in Some Far Western...
Identifier: MSS -293 -SC
Abstract The John Weinzirl Papers consist of newspaper clippings and other memorabilia related to Dr. John Weinzirl's career as professor of biology at the University of New Mexico, 1897-1907.
Abstract This collection contains photographs of the University of New Mexico and other Albuquerque locations.
Identifier: AC 185
Scope and Content Collection consists of the private papers of L. Bradford Prince, 1862-1910.
Abstract This collection houses papers and recordings from the files of late UNM Dance Department chair Lee Connor. It contains records of the UNM Dance Department, performance programs, photographs, and audio and video tapes documenting Connor’s career as a dancer, dance educator, and choreographer.
Abstract This collection contains five photographs of Sam McIlhaney, a history teacher at Bernalillo High School.
Abstract The collection contains two photographs, both unidentified (Larrazolo?) male subjects, one child, one young adult.
Scope and Content The Sara Miller collection consists of four boxes, each housing one series. Series I consists of fifteen folders of Sara's personal papers from 1957 to 1989. Personal correspondence, creative writings, religious notes, teaching material, as well as Sara's medical and financial records make up the bulk of Series I. Thirty-two diaries and notebooks recording Sara's daily thoughts and experiences make up Series II, dating from 1959 to 1988. Series III and IV both contain material on the...
Identifier: AC 082
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials concerning William Fiedler and topics involving pharmacy. Material includes correspondence with pharmacists and pharmacies in New Mexico; articles by Fiedler and others on the drug "Antikamnia;" directories of pharmacists and pharmacies in New Mexico; records and minutes of meetings from the New Mexico Board of Pharmacy; and biographical materials on Fiedler and other pharmacists such as Charles Bernard Ruppe and Sister Rosa Agatha Berry. Fiedler's MA thesis,...
- Subject: Teachers -- New Mexico X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 13
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 3
- UNM School of Law Library 1
- Teachers -- New Mexico 5
- Photographs 3
- Clippings 2
- Education -- New Mexico 2
- Governors -- New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 2
- Oral histories 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Certificates 1
- Coal mines and mining -- New Mexico -- Dawson -- History 1
- College teachers -- New Mexico 1
- College teachers – New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Curriculum change 1
- Dance teachers -- New Mexico -- History -- Sources 1
- Dance teachers – New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Dancers -- New Mexico 1
- Dawson (N.M.) -- History 1
- Dawson news (Dawson, N.M.) 1
- Directories 1
- Dissertations, Academic 1
- Drugstores -- New Mexico 1
- Economics teachers -- New Mexico 1
- Education -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Education -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 1
- Education, Rural--New Mexico 1
- Education, Secondary -- New Mexico 1
- Educators -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Exhibition catalogs 1
- Freedom of speech -- New Mexico -- Cases 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life--New Mexico 1
- Genealogy 1
- Hispanic American women--New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America -- Education 1
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 1
- Law teachers -- New Mexico 1
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 1
- Letters 1
- Masters theses 1
- Mexican American teachers New Mexico 1
- Mexican Americans -- Education -- New Mexico 1
- Mexican Americans -- Study and teaching 1
- Miner's lamp 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Motorcycles -- Travel -- Pictorial works 1
- Multicultural education -- New Mexico 1
- Mural painting and decoration 1
- Navajo Indians -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 1
- New Mexico -- Superintendent of Public Instruction 1
- Non-profit organizations -- New Mexico 1
- Pharmacists -- New Mexico 1
- Poems 1
- Politicians -- New Mexico 1
- Pottery -- New Mexico -- San Ildefonso Pueblo -- Pictorial works 1
- Prejudices -- Study and teaching (Middle school) -- New Mexico -- Vaughn 1
- Programs 1
- Public Schools -- New Mexico 1
- Public health -- United States 1
- Public schools -- New Mexico -- Bernalillo County 1
- Public schools -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Pueblos -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Racism -- Study and teaching (Middle school) -- New Mexico -- Vaughn 1
- Rural schools - New Mexico 1
- Schools -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Sex division of Labor--New Mexico 1
- Shipwrecks -- History -- 20th century 1
- Short stories 1
- Sound recordings 1
- Students -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 1
- Tax exemptions -- New Mexico 1
- Teachers -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Teachers -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 1
- Teachers -- New Mexico -- Bernalillo 1
- Teachers -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Teachers--New Mexico 1
- Teaching, Freedom of -- New Mexico 1
- Tuberculosis -- History 1
- Universities and colleges -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Vaughn (N.M.) -- Race relations 1
- Water – Law and legislation 1
- Women in politics -- New Mexico 1
- Women school superintendents -- New Mexico 1
- Women teachers -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Women teachers--New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 5
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- Hamilton, David Boyce, 1918- 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán (Vaughn, N.M.) 1