Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 50
Abstract Alfonso Sanchez was the District Attorney for Rio Arriba County during the land struggle of Reies Lopez Tijerina and the Alianza Federal de las Mercedes. The collection consists of biographical materials pertaining to Alfonso Sanchez, as well as materials pertaining to the Tierra Amarillo land grant and Reies Lopez Tijerina.
Dates: 1856-2004; Majority of material found within 1955-1970
Identifier: MSS -628 -BC
Scope and Content This collection contains newspaper clippings, magazine articles, pamphlets, flyers, press releases, and broadsides relating to Alianza Federal de las Mercedes, Alianza Federal de Pueblos Libres, Reies Lopez Tijerina, the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo, land grants, education, employment, and discrimination. The Alianza constitution is also included in the collection. An oversized folder contains broadsides, reprints and a map. This collection is composed of materials that were formerly housed in...
Dates: 1963-1997 (bulk 1967-1979)
Identifier: MSS King Alice
Abstract The collection consists of the personal materials of Alice Martin King wife of three-time New Mexico Governor Bruce King (1971-1974; 1979-1982; 1991-1994). This collection is devoted almost exclusively to her official capacity as the First Lady of New Mexico. While there is a small amount of material from the first term, the majority of documents are concentrated on the second term and to a much greater degree on the third term when she played a much more significant role.
Dates: 1971-1994; Majority of material found within 1980-1994
Found in: UNM School of Law Library
Identifier: MSS KING
Abstract The collection contains the personal collection of former New Mexico Governor Bruce King, with significant portions of the collection representing the involvement of his wife, Alice Martin King, in state politics.
Dates: 1961-1997; Majority of material found within 1978-1994
Found in: UNM School of Law Library
Abstract This collection is made up of various written materials collected by Dr. Bruce Trigg, M.D., while a resident of Albuquerque, New Mexico. The subject areas include, but are not limited to: WIPP, environmental issues, local and national Green Party political activities and candidates, and Central America.
Abstract This collection contains writings from and materials relating to the Chicano activist, Carlos Cansino. Cansino was active with the Los Duranes Community Improvement Association in Albuquerque and La Alianza Federal de Pueblos Libres, as well as Chicano organizing in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Texas.
Dates: 1966-2011 (bulk 1966-1970)
Identifier: MSS 394 BC
Scope and Content The Dennis Chávez Papers are comprised of material from Chávez' career as a politician. This includes his tenure in the New Mexico State Legislature, as well as in the United States Congress, where he was involved in such areas as Indian affairs, labor, the Post Office, the Defense Department, Latin American issues, and New Deal programs. The collection contains personal and congressional papers and correspondence (including materials relating to Senator Joseph McCarthy), photographs, news...
Dates: 1921-1963; Majority of material found in 1930-1962
Abstract The Dorothy Cline Papers contain personal and professional materials related to the life and research of Dorothy Cline. Cline was a professor of Political Science at the University of New Mexico and was actively involved in state and national politics. This collection is important for the study of women within electoral politics and the role of citizens within the public sphere.
Dates: 1915-1990 (bulk 1941-1987)
Identifier: AC 167
Scope and Content Correspondence and letters to and from the governor's office during the year 1952. He served as governor during the years 1951-1954.
The collection is inventoried largely in alphabetical order by sender. The Governor is identified as "ELM."
The collection is inventoried largely in alphabetical order by sender. The Governor is identified as "ELM."
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Scope and Content Collection consists of official and personal papers of Governor King's first term. Includes legislative, judicial, federal and penal papers, as well as correspondence, reports and other materials from a variety of state agencies and private organizations. Some of the materials involve issues such as the very large array telescope; Space Shuttle Program; Waste Isolation Pilot Plant; Vietnam War; a port of entry at Anapra, New Mexico; and the activities of Reies Tijerina. Collection also includes...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Cargo. Includes proclamations; appointments; executive orders; executive budgets; address to legislature and files relating to legislative issues such as education; judicial reports and reports of elected officials; reports of administrative agencies, boards and commissions; reports of state institutions and records of the Four Corners Regional Commission and other regional commissions. Federal records include correspondence with and news clips...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official and personal papers of Governor Campbell. The bulk of the collection consists of Campbell's official papers (1963-1966). Legislative papers include executive budgets, House and Senate bills, proclamations, correspondence with the U.S. congressional delegation from New Mexico, and various other documents. Federal papers consist of documents concerning federal agencies. Convention and conference materials pertain to various issues. Special issues involve the voting...
Dates: 1936-1967 (bulk: 1963-1966)
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Apodaca. Executive papers include correspondence, proclamations, and appointments. Legislative papers include bills, veto messages and various other documents. State agencies, boards, committees, and institutions include materials from the Governors' Service Centers. Papers of state government contain materials from the National Governors' Conference. Special reports and issues pertain to drought, several state water projects and sewers, the...
Abstract The New Mexico Green Party records consist largely of correspondence, flyers and brochures, newspaper clippings, newsletters, agendas, budgets, meeting minutes, and audio/video recordings. Materials document the political activism of the Green Party in New Mexico and its connection to national politics, environmental activism, and social and ecological negotiations.
Dates: 1987-2002; Majority of material found within 1994-2000
Abstract The collection documents Harrison H. Schmitt’s career as NASA astronaut in the Apollo Program and as United States Senator from New Mexico (1976-1982). Correspondence, reports, maps, photographs, research files, press releases, speeches, and photographs comprise the bulk of the collection.
Dates: 1937-1986; Majority of material found in 1964-1982
Scope and Content The James B. Lewis Papers include correspondence, legislation and proposed legislation, campaign materials, annual reports, conference programs, invitations, course work, calendars, and speeches from Lewis' public career as Bernalillo County treasurer, treasurer of the state of New Mexico, and chief of staff to Governor Bruce King. The ten boxes comprising the collection are arranged chronologically, although box 4 contains calendars and telephone messages from 1986-1992. Box 1...
Abstract The Toulouse Papers contain local, state and national campaign literature from the1970s-2001 includings materials from Democratic National Conventions in 1988, 1992 and 1996. The personal papers cover James R. Toulouse's legal career and Charlotte J. Toulouse's interest in children's rights, rights of the disabled and the elderly as well as environmental issues.
Dates: 1939-2001; Majority of material found within 1969-2001
Abstract The collection contains administrative files, campaign documents, special projects files, photographs, press and media files, scheduling documents, speeches and statements, oral histories, correspondence, legislative research files, and state office files generated in association with Jeff Bingaman’s 30 year tenure as U. S. Senator from New Mexico.
Dates: circa 1982-2012
Scope and Content The Jerry Apodaca papers relate to Apodaca's term as Governor of New Mexico, 1974-1978. The collection consists of letters, memos, schedules, reports, and photographs. Documentation relates to administrative agencies, especially commissions and boards. Material about executive branch appointments and official travel is also included. Photographs are housed in Photoarchives.
Identifier: MSS 2003-01
Abstract The collection consists of the congressional papers of U.S. Congressman Joseph R. Skeen (R-NM, 1981-2003). Having completed eleven terms, Congressman Skeen became the longest serving U.S. House of Representatives member for New Mexico to date. His legislative service to the state was founded on strong beliefs in states' rights, protecting private property rights, and supporting initiatives that affected small landowners and ranchers throughout the state. Further, he provided legislative...
Dates: 1972-2003 (bulk 1981-2002)
Found in: New Mexico Tech Joseph R. Skeen Library
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the New Mexico American Revolution Bicentennial Commission (1969-1977). Includes annual and other reports, administrative correspondence, promotional documents, clippings, audio tapes, and video tapes. Much of the material concerns local projects and events throughout New Mexico, including documents on federal and state funding for these activities.
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Attorney General and the New Mexico Solicitor General (1892-1995). Includes case files, administrative correspondence, annual reports, legal opinions, letterpress copybooks, financial documents, extraditions, and various legal documents. Materials in the collection concern both general issues such as civil rights and consumer protection, and specific matters such as the 1980 riot at the state penitentiary, and the activities of Alianza...
Scope and Content As of 1999, collection consists of records of the New Mexico Board of Nursing and its predecessors: the Board of Nurses' Examiners; and the Board of Examiners for Graduate Nurses (1932-1984). Includes minutes (1977-1983); reports (1955-1974), annual reports (1969-1984); bulletins (1971-1984); a manual for schools of nursing (1965); a roster of nurses (1966); rules and regulations (1939-1977); and financial papers (1932-1979), including audits (1932-1968). Records include some certificates and...
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the New Mexico Capitol Buildings Improvement Commission and other territorial and state agencies charged with the duties of construction, maintenance, improvement, and supervision of territorial and state government buildings and lands, particularly those located in the state capital of Santa Fe (1853-1968). Includes records of the New Mexico Public Buildings Commission (1853-1873); Capitol Rebuilding Commission (1892-1901); Capitol Custodian Committee...
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of the records of the New Mexico Penitentiary, the Corrections Department, and its predecessors (1884-1990). Some penitentiary records pertain to county and federal inmates. Include are registers of prisoners, visitors, and parolees; annual reports; correspondence; case files; conduct records; medical records; account books; and intake records that usually include an image of the inmate. Intake records are files by inmate number. Includes annual and other reports,...
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 30
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 15
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- UNM School of Law Library 2
- New Mexico Tech Joseph R. Skeen Library 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 29
- State government records 29
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 25
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 23
- Reports 23
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 22
- Annual reports 19
- Minutes (Records) 18
- Territorial records 15
- Publications 12
- Financial records 11
- Clippings 9
- Governors -- New Mexico 7
- Photographs 7
- Account books 5
- Addresses 5
- Extradition -- New Mexico 5
- Elections -- New Mexico 4
- Executive departments -- New Mexico 4
- Legal documents 4
- Mural painting and decoration 4
- Press releases 4
- Proclamations 4
- Sound recordings 4
- Tierra Amarilla (N.M.) 4
- Anapra (N.M.) 3
- Map 3
- Newsletters 3
- Pardon -- New Mexico 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Audits 2
- Bills, Legislative 2
- Bonds (legal records) 2
- Budgets 2
- Certificates 2
- Constitutional history -- New Mexico 2
- Criminal justice, Administration of -- New Mexico 2
- Directories 2
- Environmental policy -- New Mexico 2
- Environmental protection -- New Mexico 2
- Green movement -- New Mexico 2
- Juvenile justice, Administration of -- New Mexico 2
- Land grants -- New Mexico 2
- Laws 2
- Legal files 2
- Letterpress copybooks 2
- Letters 2
- Manuals 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 2
- New Deal, 1933-1939 2
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 2
- Political campaigns -- New Mexico 2
- Prison riots -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Vocational education -- New Mexico 2
- Water resources development -- New Mexico 2
- Women in politics -- New Mexico 2
- Abortion -- Laws and legislation -- New Mexico 1
- Abstracts 1
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) 1
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico -- Reorganization 1
- Administrative agencies -- United States 1
- African American politicians -- New Mexico 1
- Airports -- Finance -- United States 1
- American Revolution Bicentennial, 1776-1976 -- New Mexico 1
- Animal health -- New Mexico 1
- Animal industry -- Law and legislation -- New Mexico 1
- Apportionment (Election law) -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Articles of incorporation 1
- Astronauts -- United States 1
- Attorneys general -- New Mexico 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Ballooning -- Hungary 1
- Ballooning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Ballot --New Mexico 1
- Banks and banking --Taxation--New Mexico 1
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- Finance 1
- Campaign funds --New Mexico 1
- Capital punishment -- New Mexico 1
- Case files 1
- Central America--Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Child welfare -- New Mexico 1
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico 1
- Civil rights --New Mexico 1
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century 1
- Coal gasification--New Mexico 1
- Collective bargaining Government employees --New Mexico 1
- Conservation of natural resources -- New Mexico 1
- Conservation of natural resources --New Mexico 1
- Constitutional conventions -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional conventions --New Mexico 1
- Constitutional history --New Mexico 1
- Constitutional law -- New Mexico 1
- Constitutional law --New Mexico 1
- Consumer protection --New Mexico 1
- Contracts 1
- Copyright --New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 32
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Alianza Federal de las Mercedes 7
- Waste Isolation Pilot Plant (N.M.) 5
- Tijerina, Reies 4
- Alianza Federal de Pueblos Libres (U.S.) 3
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 3
- Montoya, Joseph Manuel, 1915-1978 3
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 2
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 2
- Green Party of New Mexico 2
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 2
- New Mexico. Governor (1975-1978 : Apodaca) 2
- Bingaman, Jeff 1
- Bush, George W. (George Walker), 1946- 1
- Bush, George, 1924-2018 1
- Cansino, Carlos Espinosa 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital Foundation 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 1
- Forest Guardians (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Nabokov, Peter 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1971-1974 : King) 1
- Sanchez, Alfonso, 1928- 1
- Schmitt, Harrison H. 1
- United States. Bureau of Mines 1
- University of New Mexico 1
- University of New Mexico. Center for Southwest Research 1
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education 1 ∧ less