Showing Collections: 26 - 50 of 58
Identifier: AC 117-P
Scope and Content One daybook containing newspaper clippings of advertisements of the Spot Cash Store, and daily entries documenting financial transactions at the store.
Abstract Jaffa, Prager & Co. store in Roswell, New Mexico, 1886-1887.
Identifier: MSS -232 -SC
Abstract The James J. Webb Correspondence consists of ten hand-written letters discussing business practices and salaries related to Webb's trading business and politics in New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 236-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a typescript of Webb's journal entitled "Memoirs of James J. Webb, Merchant in Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1844." The memoirs describe Webb's business in Santa Fe and his journey across the Santa Fe Trail. Includes materials on two of Webb's business partners, John M. Kingsbury and William S. Messervy.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials from members of these three inter-related familes from the area of Taos, New Mexico. Most of the collection is made up of land conveyances, wills, business documents, and correspondence. Includes a photocopy of Teresita Bent's handwritten account of her father Governor Charles Bent's assassination in 1847; land conveyances involving Maria Ygnacia Jaramillo; personal papers of Cornelio Vigil; a speech by L. Bradford Prince; business and personal...
Identifier: AC 454
Scope and Content This collection consists of Series 1: Exhibition Research (curator’s notes, biographies, family trees and photocopied images) and Series II: Exhibition Materials (exhibition book, educational matter and traveling information) related to Jewish Pioneers of New Mexico, 1821–1917.
Dates: 1998-2005; Majority of material found in 2000-2002
Identifier: AC 114-S
Scope and Content One guest register of visitors to the J.F. Collins Co. Many of the signers, including Charles F. Lummis, wrote brief remarks.
Abstract Papers of John M. and Ruth Tompkins Penfield and records of the Penfield Store of Lincoln, New Mexico. The Penfield Store was formerly the Tunstall-McSween store of Lincoln County War fame. John Penfied bought the store around 1900 and it was run by the Penfield family until sold to the state of New Mexico around 1957. Also included are papers Ruth Tompkins Penfield's family, who were involved in mining in the White Oaks area in the latter 19th century.
Dates: 1890 - 1960
Identifier: AC 291
Scope and Content This collection contains documents, papers, letters, and memorabilia relating to John S. Candelario and his business and property dealings. There are personal letters to him from family members and from his adopted father, Jesusito Candelario. John S. Candelario's essays, fiction, and film scripts about New Mexico are also included in this collection. Of note is an unpublished essay on Georgia O'Keeffe. Also included are detailed logs of his work which provide technical information about what...
Identifier: AC 031
Scope and Content The bulk of Candelario's papers relate to business matters. Among the business correspondence are found letters from clients ordering various items, wholesale orders from other dealers for whom Candelario was a supplier and correspondence from various individuals who supplied Candelario with artifacts. Also included in the collection are freight bills, receipts, checks, price lists and correspondence relating to Candelario's improvements of his shop. His personal correspondence amounts to Â½...
Identifier: AC 121
Scope and Content Collection consists of a variety of business records from the Kaune Grocery Company, including account books, business ledgers, annual reports, tax documents, and letters involving both suppliers and customers. Included in the collection are documents concerning the New Mexico Portland Cement Co. and the Bishop's Lodge, in which the Kaune family had interests. Also, the records of Kaune Food Town during the ownership of Julie Kaune are included.
Letters to Wells Brothers (Coffeyville, Kan.) regarding the purchase and shipment of butter and eggs
Abstract Collection consists of incoming letters to Wells Brothers, wholesale purveyors of butter and eggs, in Coffeyville Kansas from a variety of businesses in New Mexico, Arizona, Indian Territory, and Texas. A few letters are from businesses in Louisiana, Arkansas, Colorado, Nebraska, Kansas, Montana, and Washington. Letters relate to orders for goods.
Identifier: AC 134
Scope and Content The Lincoln County Collection consists of approximately ten feet of business, financial, and personal documents arranged topically and then chronologically after their transfer to the Museum of New Mexico from the Lincoln County, New Mexico Courthouse.
Dates: 1885-1976; 7-1-1887);
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of Alvarez's business, consular, and personal correspondence. Correspondents include numerous officials, customers, merchants, and suppliers in New Mexico, St. Louis, New Orleans, New York, and London. Subjects discussed include the Santa Fe Trail, trade relations between the United States and New Mexico, and New Mexico politics and statehood. Items of note are five Alvarez ledgers (1834-1855), a journal of campsites along the Santa Fe Trail, a partial English copy...
Abstract The Marcus Brunswick business records contain the business correspondence of Marcus Brunswick, freighter and merchandiser in Las Vegas, N.M.
Abstract The account book is probably from a store in the Las Vegas, NM area. It records merchandise transactions, including customer name, items purchased, price for each item, and the total bill.
Dates: 1899 June 8-1902 December 31
Abstract This collection is comprised of correspondence regarding the business records of the Perea Bros. Mercantile Co. -- a supplier of general merchandise as well as wool and pelts -- located in Bernalillo, New Mexico, in the later 1800s.
Dates: 1883 June 2-1896 June 19
Identifier: AC 179-S
Scope and Content One register of guests at the Plaza Hotel from March 5, 1897 through August 31, 1897. Within the register are also advertisements for "Leading Business Houses in Las Vegas, New Mexico."
Scope and Content Collection consists of an accounts receivable ledger (1909-1915); a daily account ledger (May-Sept. 1905); a photocopy of an alabados (hymns) notebook owned by Jonathan Trujillo from Ignacio, Colorado; and a certificate of Notary Public issued to Jose V. Quintana (1935).
Most materials are in Spanish.
Most materials are in Spanish.
Identifier: AC 345-p
Scope and Content The collection consists of one daybook containing entries from rent collections for different properties in Albuquerque, NM, grocery store inventories and expenses, and construction expenses for development of "Mesa Tract 1", and "Mesa Tract 2."
Identifier: AC 195-S
Scope and Content Ledger contains daily entries for various people and businesses for the Rosenthal & Co. mercantile business, New Mexico, 1895-1896. Each entry gives the person's or business's name, items purchased or sold, and the amount.
Scope and Content Collection consists of New Mexico historical documents from the 19th century and the first decade of the twentieth century (1803-1910). Included in the collection are some of Governor Manuel Armjio's papers pertaining to the Texas invasion and political matters (1843-1848); a report by James Maloy concerning the theft of animals by the Mimbres Apaches (1870); an apologia from Culiacan, Sonora (1826); an official Mexican circular concerning education; several receipts and invoices from various...
Abstract This collection contains the letterpress book of Solomon Luna and Co., as well as biographical material concerning Solomon Luna, New Mexican politician, sheep baron, and businessman.
Identifier: AC 214
Scope and Content Collection consists of letters, newspapers and articles tracing the family's history (circa 1846 to date), and poetry and other writings of family members, especially of Flora Spiegelberg, wife of Willie, one of the five brothers.
Scope and Content The Spiegelberg Ilfeld family papers consist of 9 parts: I. An address book and wallet size account booklets; II. Personal letters; III. Personal letters of Herman Ilfeld to his wife Henriette, 1876-1883; IV. Legal documents; V. Business Documents; VI. Magazine and newspaper clippings; VII. Masonic documents; VIII. Miscellaneous; IX. A Grand Army of the Republic ribbon.
Materials are in English and German.
Materials are in English and German.
- Subject: Merchants -- New Mexico X
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 27
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 22
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 8
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 13
- Account books 12
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 10
- Merchants -- New Mexico 9
- New Mexico -- Businesses -- History 7
- New Mexico -- Commerce 7
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 5
- Conveyances 4
- Merchants--New Mexico 4
- Merchants--New Mexico--History 4
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 4
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Commerce 3
- Contracts 3
- Diaries 3
- Estate records 3
- Financial records 3
- Invoices 3
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 3
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- Photographs 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 3
- Santa Fe Trail 3
- Stores, Retail -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 3
- Wool -- Marketing 3
- Addresses 2
- Advertisements 2
- Banks and banking--New Mexico--Lincoln County 2
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- History 2
- Business enterprises--New Mexico--History 2
- Daybooks 2
- Deeds 2
- Elections -- New Mexico 2
- Family papers 2
- Jews -- New Mexico 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- Commerce 2
- Letters 2
- Lincoln County (N.M.) -- History 2
- Los Lunas (N.M.) -- History 2
- Merchants - New Mexico 2
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- History 2
- Merchants--New Mexico--Lincoln County 2
- New Mexico -- History 2
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 2
- Santa Fe National Historic Trail 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Stores, Retail -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Visitors' books 2
- Wool industry -- New Mexico 2
- Alabados 1
- Americans -- Mexico 1
- Annual reports 1
- Anton Chico (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Antonio Sedillo Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apache Indians -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Baird Ranch (N.M.) 1
- Ballads 1
- Bankers -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Bankers -- New Mexico -- Tome 1
- Banks and banking -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Blueprints 1
- Bounties, Military -- New Mexico 1
- Business cards 1
- Business enterprises -- Kansas -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- Los Lunas -- History 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Businessmen -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Butter trade -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Canada (N.M.) -- History 1
- Canada de Cochiti Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Certificates 1
- Checkbooks 1
- Clippings 1
- Construction industry 1
- Correspondence 1
- Coupons 1
- Cubero (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Cubero (N.M.)--History 1
- Devotional literature 1
- Ditches--New Mexico--Anton Chico 1
- Duran (N.M.) 1
- Education -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Egg trade -- United States -- History -- 19th century -- Sources 1
- Eulogies 1
- Excerpts 1
- Fairview (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Family New Mexico Taos Photographs 1
- Family histories 1
- Family life 1
- Family-owned business enterprises -- New Mexico 1
- Floods New Mexico Gallinas River 1
- Food industry and trade -- Arizona 1 ∧ less
- English 51
- Undetermined 31
- Spanish; Castilian 7
- German 1
- Charles Ilfeld Company 11
- Ilfeld, Charles, 1847- 8
- Ilfeld family 5
- Spiegelberg family, 4
- Aubry, François Xavier, 1824-1854 2
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 2
- Candelario, J.S. (Jesus Sito), 1864-1938 2
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 2
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 2
- Spiegelberg, Flora 2
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Candelario, John, 1916-1993 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 1
- Curry, George, 1861-1947 1
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 1
- Floersheim Mercantile Company 1
- Garrett, Pat F. (Pat Floyd), 1850-1908 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Hudspeth, Andrew Hutchins, 1874- 1
- Huning family 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- O'Keeffe, Georgia, 1887-1986 1
- Parish, William J., 1907-1964 1
- Phelps, Dodge & Co 1
- Stevens, Montague, 1859-1953 1
- Waddingham, Wilson 1 ∧ less