James Josiah Webb Memoirs,
Identifier: AC 236-P
Scope and Content
Collection consists of a typescript of Webb's journal entitled "Memoirs of James J. Webb, Merchant in Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1844." The memoirs describe Webb's business in Santa Fe and his journey across the Santa Fe Trail. Includes materials on two of Webb's business partners, John M. Kingsbury and William S. Messervy.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Webb was a merchant in Santa Fe and one of the most influential traders on the Santa Fe Trail.
The typescript of this journal was donated to the Historical Society of New Mexico by James H. Webb in 1899. A note on the cover page indicates that the document was acquired with the help of New Mexico Chief Justice William J. Mills.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the James Josiah Webb Memoirs, 1844
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 236-P::James Josiah Webb Memoirs)//EN" "nmsm1ac236-p.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.