Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 41
Scope and Content The Alamo Navajo Oral History Project collection consists of 23 interviews on 26 CDs with related photographs. The interviews were conducted between 1977 and 1984 with people from the Alamo Navajo Reservation in southwestern New Mexico. The interviewees include: Louise Abeyta, Narciso Abeyta, John Anderson Pino, Denny Y. Apachito, Julian Apachito, Martiano Apachito, Billy Apachito, Hattie Apachito, Helen Apachito, Ida Apachito, Bessie Field Baca, John M. Baca. Thomas Ganadonegro, John Guerro,...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of interviews with five farmers at the Rio Grande Community Farm in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The interviews were conducted in July 2021 by students in Brady McCartney’s Sustainability Studies 384 course at the University of New Mexico. Topics discussed include local agricultural practices; acequias, irrigation and water issues; the impact of climate change on local farmers, communities, and the ecosystems; climate resilience plans; the backgrounds of the farmers;...
Identifier: AC 213
Scope and Content Collection contains records, interview transcripts, brochures, studies, and writings pertaining to public health and other aspects of Native American tribal lives.
Abstract Interview with Annie Mae Carson Hubbard, Farmington, N.M. resident. Her family owned and operated Hubbard's Meat and Grocery. Includes photo images 1925-1983.
Abstract This collection consists of five oral history interviews conducted by Anthony Louderbough with individuals depicted in the related Anthony Louderbough Pictorial Collection.
Scope and Content The collection contains the material for Belisario Contreras' book Tradition and Innovation in New Deal Art, London and Toronto: Associated University Presses, 1983. The collection consists of documents on the New Deal art programs of the Roosevelt administration during the 1930's and 1940's. It includes the official correspondence of Edward Bruce, Holger Cahill, and Forbes Watson, books and articles on New Deal art and the federal...
Dates: 1860-1976; Majority of material found in 1933-1942
Abstract This collection consists of typed transcriptions of interviews by Moffett with New Mexico Sports figures.
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials relating to the career of Elizabeth Garrrett, a blind singer and daughter of Sheriff Pat Garrett. Elizabeth Garrett served on the faculty of the New Mexico School for the Visually Handicapped and wrote "O Fair New Mexico," which was adopted as the official state song in 1917. In addition to various typed manuscript drafts of Buckner's unpublished biography of Garrett, the collection also contains articles and newspaper clippings about Garrett; letters about...
Dates: 1893-1992 (bulk, 1965-1966)
Abstract The collection contains the papers of poet and publisher Cecilio García-Camarillo (1943-2002). García-Camarillo was one of the founding poets of the Chicano cultural renaissance of the 1970s, an editor and publisher of three Chicano literary magazines -- Caracol, Magazin, and RAYAS, a playwright, an artist, and an activist.
Abstract This collection contains audiotaped interviews, news clippings, articles, pamphlets, brochures, news letters, correspondence, and a scrapbook documenting the life and social career of Concha Ortiz y Pino de Kleven.
Abstract The David Correia Research Papers document the history and people of the Tierra Amarilla land grant conflict in Northern New Mexico.
Dates: 1901-2009; Majority of material found within 1955-2009
Abstract This collection consists of sound recordings from the radio documentary series "Writing the Southwest," a thirteen-part national radio documentary exploring literature from multiethnic authors (mainly from New Mexico) who helped define Southwestern American literature. The collection also contains research materials collected by David Dunaway, which he then used to produce the radio series and edit a companion book with Dr. Sara Spurgeon,Writing the...
Abstract New Mexico State University History Professor and Department Head and Women's Studies Department Head. The collection spans her eighteen year academic career at New Mexico State University and presents her academic and professional involvement in the field of Women's Studies. Papers include her unpublished manuscripts, academic letters, grant proposals, and related material.
Dates: 1976-2000; 1934
Abstract The collection consists primarily of Zuni Pueblo cultural materials (with some Acoma Pueblo language materials) originally recorded on four reel-to-reel tapes by Edmund Ladd in 1953-1956.
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence, interviews, personal history, newspaper clippings and movie scripts, and materials related to developing a motion picture.
Identifier: MSS 897 BC
Abstract The Emlen Hall collection consists of audio interviews conducted with a variety of individuals, government officials, and attorneys in New Mexico and Texas involved with water issues and litigation, particularly relating to the Pecos River.
Abstract Video recordings and interview notes relating to César Chávez and the United Farm Workers Movement and documents relating to the Labor Party of New Mexico.
Dates: 1992-2001; Majority of material found within 2000-2001
Scope and Contents The Phillip (Felipe) B. Gonzales papers contain institutional documents, letters, and press publications. Its main area focus involves historical aspects of the Hispanic experience in New Mexico and the Southwest. Included are Spanish-language articles dating from the mid-late 19th century and early-mid 20th century, including popular political poetry, partisan political contention, and public discourse. Another series touches on controversial Nuevomexicano ethnic identity. Data on the...
Dates: 1883 - 2020
Identifier: MSS 891 BC
Abstract This collection contains material generated and collected by Hector Torres during his career as a writer and professor of English. The collection contains research for his books, class lectures, and university correspondence. There is also material related to his undergraduate and graduate student work and personal notebook writings.
Scope and Contents The collection contains 21 interviews conducted by John Nizalowski, largely focusing on writer Frank Waters; there are interviews with Waters and with family, friends and scholars of his work. The collection also includes interviews with other writers and scholars such as N. Scott Momaday, Roger Zelazny and Alexander Gurshtein.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1988 - 2008
Identifier: AC 484
Scope and Content The collection consists of genealogical family information, correspondence, legal and real estate documents, and (typed and handwritten) autobiographical notes. Papers pertain to Kenneth Chapman's work with the Museum of New Mexico, Edgar L. Hewett and others, the Indian Arts Fund, general archaeology and the preservation of Pueblo pottery.
Dates: 1848-1968; Majority of material found in 1928-1968
Abstract This collection consists of interviews with fourteen military veterans from Kewa Pueblo (formerly Santo Domingo Pueblo), New Mexico.
Abstract This collection contains the papers of activist, photographer, and documentary filmmaker Lisa Law pertaining to the Santa Fe Big Mountain Defense Support Group and the Big Mountain Weaving Project.
Dates: 1974-2007; Majority of material found within 1985-1989
Identifier: AC 338
Scope and Content Collection consists the organizational papers of Living Treasures, Inc., including correspondence, clipping and research files, transcripts, audio tapes, and a few video recordings of interviews, honoring citizens of Santa Fe and other towns in northern New Mexico as Living Treasures for their hard work and dedication to our communities. Since March 2003 (beginning with #190), interviews have been recorded on CDs.
Abstract The collection contains administrative documents, correspondence, photographs, audio recordings, oral histories, articles and research files of Louise Lamphere, a professor emerita of the University of New Mexico. She is known for her founding role in feminist anthropology.
Dates: 1960-2008; Majority of material found in 1980-2004
- Subject: Interviews X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 33
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 4
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 2
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- Interviews 29
- Oral histories 16
- Sound recordings 12
- Photographs 7
- Letters 5
- Interviews -- Sound recordings 4
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Interviews 3
- Clippings 3
- Correspondence 3
- Mural painting and decoration 3
- Chicano Civil Rights Movement -- New Mexico -- 20th Century 2
- Chicano Movement--History--20th century. 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Minorities -- Political activity -- United States 2
- Minutes (Records) 2
- Multicultural education--New Mexico 2
- Publications 2
- Spanish language – New Mexico 2
- Transcripts 2
- 20,000 leagues under the sea (Motion picture : 1954) 1
- The Spanish Language of New Mexico and Southern Colorado: A Linguistic Atlas, Garland D. Bills and Neddy A. Vigil, University of New Mexico Press, 2008 1
- Acoma dialect 1
- African American Women--New Mexico-Interviews 1
- African American student movements--History--20th century. 1
- Aged--New Mexico. 1
- Agriculture --New Mexico--History 1
- Alamo Navajo Reservation (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Centennial celebrations, etc 1
- Albuquerque -- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 1
- Alcoholism -- New Mexico -- Gallup 1
- American Indian Movement 1
- American Literature - Mexican American Authors 1
- American Literature -- New Mexico 1
- American literature -- Hispanic American authors 1
- American literature -- Mexican American authors 1
- American poetry - Mexican American authors 1
- Archaeologists -- New Mexico 1
- Art and state -- United States 1
- Art, American 1
- Art--Indian--Southwest--New 1
- Art--Slides 1
- Articles 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Artists -- United States -- Interviews 1
- Arts in prisons--Southwest, New 1
- Astronautics 1
- Attitude (Psychology) - - Testing 1
- Audiocassettes 1
- Awards 1
- Basketball -- New Mexico 1
- Basketball History 1
- Basketball heroes 1
- Basketball players 1
- Battleships--New Mexico 1
- Be Here Now 1
- Chama (N.M.) -- History 1
- Collection of Papers on New Deal Art, 1933-1942 1
- Commercial art 1
- Communal living -- New Mexico -- History -- Sources 1
- Compact discs 1
- Curriculum Development 1
- DVDs 1
- Databases 1
- Documentary films 1
- Don Juan Oñate 1
- Drawing 1
- Education in New Mexico 1
- Education, Bilingual 1
- Education--Bilingual--New Mexico 1
- Education--New Mexico 1
- Education--New Mexico--Cirricula 1
- Essays 1
- Factories -- New Mexico 1
- Family Life 1
- Farmington (N.M.) 1
- Federal aid to the arts -- United States 1
- Feminism 1
- Feminist Anthropology 1
- Financial 1
- Folk art -- New Mexico 1
- Folk music--New Mexico 1
- Folklore and history -- New Mexico 1
- Gallup Region (N.M.) -- History 1
- Gallup Region (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Genealogy 1
- Glossaries, vocabularies, etc. 1
- Grant Writing 1
- Handkerchiefs 1
- Hantavirus 1
- High Noon (Motion picture) 1
- Hispanic American Women -- Interviews 1
- Hispanic American college teachers 1
- Hispanic American- Women Employment - New Mexico - Albuquerque 1
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- Land tenure -- History -- 20th century 1
- Hopi Indians 1
- Hopi Indians -- Economic conditions 1
- Hopi Indians -- Government relations 1
- Hopi Indians -- Land tenure 1
- Hopi Indians -- Relocation 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 4
- Navajo; Navaho 2
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- French 1
- Japanese 1
- Zuni 1 ∧ less
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 2
- Abbey, Edward, 1927-1989 1
- Anaya, Rudolfo A., 1937-2020 1
- Anzaldúa, Gloria, 1942-2004 1
- Avery, Jennie M., -1976 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Chapman, Kenneth Milton, 1875-1968 1
- Compañía de Teatro de Alburquerque 1
- Garrett, Elizabeth, 1885?-1947 1
- Garrett, Pat F. (Pat Floyd), 1850-1908 1
- Heady, Ferrel 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Hillerman, Tony, 1925-2008 1
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 1
- Long, Haniel, 1888-1956 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- New Mexico (Battleship) 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- New Mexico. Legislature 1
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 1
- Williams, Elmo, 1913-2015 1
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 1 ∧ less