Living Treasures Oral History Collection,
Identifier: AC 338
Scope and Content
Collection consists the organizational papers of Living Treasures, Inc., including correspondence, clipping and research files, transcripts, audio tapes, and a few video recordings of interviews, honoring citizens of Santa Fe and other towns in northern New Mexico as Living Treasures for their hard work and dedication to our communities. Since March 2003 (beginning with #190), interviews have been recorded on CDs.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
Living Treasures, a non-profit, all-volunteer organization founded by Mary Lou Cook in 1984, records history interviews of older (70 years plus) citizens of New Mexico. The organization interviews and records the lives and experiences of these elders. They are honored for their work in community affairs, the arts, environmental activism, historic preservation, journalism, medicine, etc. Each year a committee convenes and chooses six citizens to be honored from nominations by the community.
7 Linear Feet
Photographic material has been catalogued separately and is stored in the Photo Archives. Inclues two videos of September 17, 1997 Recordings.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5104
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Living Treasures Oral History Collection, 1982-
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- ©2001 - ©2016
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 338::Living Treasures Oral History Collection)//EN" "nmsm1#AC 338.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.