Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 7
Abstract This collection comprises approximately 11,000 photographs, the majority of which are E.I. Couse's original contact prints produced throughout his lifetime as well as later reprints, picture postcards, and a small amount of pre- and post-1936 photographs of family members, friends, and locations in and around Taos.
Dates: ca. 1880s-1990s
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 2
Abstract This collection consists of copies of historic documents, original writings, notes, correspondence, and research materials compiled by Dean A. Porter and relating to his research on the Taos Society of Artists with particular emphasis on Victor Higgins and Walter Ufer.
Dates: 1890s-2018; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 1
Abstract This collection comprises research notes, writings, correspondence, printed materials, photographs, slides, and memorabilia belonging to Elizabeth J. Cunningham and relating to her research on the life and work of the Taos artist, Ernest L. Blumenschein.
Dates: 1890s-2017; Majority of material found in 1890s-2017
Identifier: AC 354
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers of Ernest L. Blumenschein, including Blumenschein's correspondence; articles and clippings about him and his work, and biographical and genealogical information. Collection also contains copies of his letters to Ellis Butler Parker. Some of the material is contained in Blumenschein's scrapbooks. Additionally, collection holds financial and tax records, and ephemeral material such as driver's licences and passports. Inventory was produced at item level...
Identifier: AC 021-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a 13-page handwritten text of a speech given by Blumenschein in 1953 on the occasion of John Gaw Meem's induction as an honorary fellow of the School of American Research in Santa Fe, and five letters sent and one letter received by Blumenschein between 1946 and 1955.
Identifier: AC 376
Scope and Content There is material from her war service, correspondence, drawings, and publications. Her historical writings about Taos valley and other areas in New Mexico are included. Research manuscripts on archaeology and history are in the collection. In addition, there are materials from many of the organizations that interested Blumenschein, such as the Wilderness Society. There is also banking and tax material.
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 16
Abstract This collection contains the papers of Michael Grauer and Julie Schimmel on their research regarding artists W. Herbert Dunton and Bert Geer Phillips. Both artists were founding members of the Taos Society of Artists.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1900 - 2008
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 3
Abstract This collection consists of copies of Robert R. White's diaries, biographical information, unpublished manuscripts, articles, essays, and ephemera.
Dates: 1947-2014; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 219
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials relating to the Taos Society of Artists and its members. Includes the constitution, by-laws, minutes, and reports of the Society; promotional materials and programs from various art exhibits; and materials concerning the Museum of New Mexico, which worked closely with the Society. This collection also contains a significant amount of correspondence involving members and associates of the Society, including Oscar Berninghaus, E. Irving Couse, Gerald Cassidy, Bert...
Abstract This collection contains the records of the 11th Annual Taos Summer Writers’ Conference. The collection details awards, advertising, faculty participation, correspondence, invoices, and other material related to the Conference.
Dates: 2009-07-12 - 2009-07-19
- Subject: Art - New Mexico - Taos X
- Lunder Research Center 5
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 4
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 8
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos 4
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos. 4
- Artist colonies -- New Mexico. 4
- New Mexico -- Taos. 4
- Painters -- New Mexico -- Taos. 4
- Art - New Mexico - Taos 2
- American poetry 1
- American poetry - New Mexico 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Art -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Art, modern -- 20th Century -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Artists --New Mexico--Biography 1
- By-laws 1
- Clippings 1
- Constitutions 1
- Creative writing 1
- Education -- New Mexico -- Taos County 1
- Exhibition catalogs 1
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Illustrators -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Painters -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Painting, Modern - 20th Century - New Mexico - Taos 1
- Painting, Modern - New Mexico - Taos 1
- Petroglyphs -- New Mexico 1
- Photographs 1
- Programs 1
- Reports 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Sharon Oard Warner 1
- Taos (N.M.) - History 1
- Taos (N.M.) -- History 1
- Taos (N.M.) History 1
- Taos Society of Artists -- Taos -- 20th Century 1
- Trails -- New Mexico 1
- Travel writing 1
- Villages -- New Mexico 1
- Writing 1 ∧ less
- English 9
- Undetermined 5
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 4
- Taos Society of Artists 4
- Blumenschein, Helen G. (Helen Greene), 1909-1989 3
- Blumenschein, Mary Shepard Greene, 1869-1958 3
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1