Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 231
Scope and Content Collection consists of the legal, personal, and political papers of A.A. Jones. The bulk of the collection consists of legal papers which include several land grant, business, and probate case records. Land grant case records pertain to the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Mora, Las Vegas, and Eaton land grants. Included in the land grant case records are the papers of James and Helen Beck and New Mexico Chief Justice Elisha V. Long's opinion on the Las Vegas Land Grant. Companies involved in the...
Scope and Content Collection consists of account books, three wholesale catalogues, one ranch ledger, a record book for the Acqueia de Anton Chico, a political scrapbook (ca. 1924), a survey map of the family property, and miscellaneous family papers. The three wholesale catalogues are from C.H. Hyer & Sons (Kansas), Hendrie & Bolthoff Co., and John Wyeth & Brother (Philadelphia).
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials concerning the personal and professional activities of Frederick Muller and his family, including his in-laws, the Edward Miller family of Tesuque, New Mexico. Materials include correspondence; land conveyances; abstracts of title; by-laws of civic and veteran organizations; a sketch map of the Independent Order of Odd Fellows Aztlan Lodge cemetary plots; trial proceedings involving Edward Miller; and naturalization, birth, marriage and death...
Dates: 1836-1974 (bulk 1836-1930)
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers pertaining to the property known as Whitten Hall located on the corner of Guadalupe St. and Garfield St. in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Includes title abstracts (1869-1964), a clipping, and a photograph with Whitten Hall in the background.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of the Rogers family (Albert Sr., Albert Jr., Helen, and Waldo). The bulk of the collection consists of Albert Jr.s business and legal papers (1898-1956). Legal papers include Supreme Court of New Mexico case files involving the City of Raton; district court case files; and land grant case files involving the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Anton Chico, and Mora land grants. Also included are records from the settlement of Leah Ilfelds estate and one land grant map....
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of official government documents from New Mexico's various historical governments: its Spanish colonial government (1684-1821), its Mexican government (1821-1846), and its American government (1846-1863). Subjects included are the reconquest of New Mexico, the collection of taxes, official appointments, Indian affairs, and religious matters. Items of note are Diego de Vargas' journal of the Reconquest (1694-1790), Commandante General Pedro de Nava's refusal of...
Scope and Content Collection consists of correspondence, personal papers, manuscripts, genealogies, and clippings. Subjects include New Mexican customs and folklore, land grants and titles, and prominent figures in New Mexico history. Other topics include Chaves and Ortiz family histories, the 1680 Pueblo Revolt, and New Mexicos school system. Notable correspondents are Charles F. Lummis, B.W. "Win Page, Katharine Chaves Page, and Stephen B. Elkins. This collection was transferred from the Museum of New Mexico...
Scope and Content Series I consists primarily of probate, mining, and real estate records. Probate records include those involving the Kiker, Lischke (Siringo Ranch), and Rolshoven estates. Series II includes materials from the Nuremberg War Crime Trials. Series III includes Albert's correspondence from 1937 to 1974. Most of the correspondence concerns legal issues in New Mexico and includes several letters from Thomas B. Forbis, an attorney in Roswell, New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of professional and personal papers of Armstrong and his wife, Alta Morton Armstrong. Includes scrapbooks, newspaper clippings, and family memorabilia.
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of the military papers of Manuel Delgado (a captain in the Spanish Army), 1778-1794. Most of the documents concern administrative matters related to several presidios in northern New Spain. Other topics include military desertions, military benefits, financial accounts, a land conveyance in Santa Fe, and judicial proceedings.
Collection is in Spanish.
Collection is in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists of original documents and photocopies involving Acoma and Laguna Indian Pueblos in New Mexico. Includes letters and various legal documents. Much of the collection concerns legal disputes between Acoma and Laguna Pueblos over land tenure, boundaries, and water rights. Also within the collection is a 1904 letter to officials at Acoma Pueblo from officials at New Mexico's eight northern Pueblos requesting united opposition among all Pueblos to the New Mexico Supreme Court's...
Dates: 1689-1904 (bulk 1829-1904).
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of records of the New Mexico Horticultural Society, including its 1886 charter and bylaws, and minutes of meetings from 1895-1896. Also within the collection is an 1883 letter appointing G. Pitman Smith as Missouri's delegate to the Santa Fe Tertio-Millenial Celebration.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials relating to the Baca family of La Cienega, New Mexico. Series I consists of promissory notes, letters, contracts, and a land conveyance. Series II consists of promissory notes, letters, receipts, partido contracts (livestock contracts and chattel mortgages) and other documents involving either Ygnacio Baca or his son Juan Baca. Includes an 1846 inventory of Ygnacio Baca's estate. Series III consists primarily of documents involving Leonidas Baca...
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials created and collected by Smaulding. Most of the items relate to his athletic career, including a scrapbook of newspaper clippings on his achievements as a high school athlete and professional baseball player, and yearbooks of Albuquerque High School from 1917, 1918, 1920, and 1924. Collection also includes Smaulding's 1923 contract with the semi-professional baseball team the Queen City Stars of Seattle, and the constitution and by-laws of the Chicago-Piney...
Scope and Content Collection consists of land records (1829-1929) and personal, financial, and professional papers of the A.M. Bergere family and its extended families, the Oteros and the Lunas of Los Lunas, New Mexico (1855-1967). Land records include conveyances and information regarding the Bartolome Baca Land Grant, the Antonio Sandoval Land Grant, the Perea Land Grant, the Tome Land Grant, and the Chilili Land Grant. Financial records contain deeds, correspondence regarding the estate of Eloisa Luna de...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the correspondence of the Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court's Deputy Court Administrator.
Scope and Content Holdings consist of records of the county clerk (1848-1920), assessor (1870-1912), sheriff (1856, 1889-1899), county commission (1876-1889, 1927), justice of the peace (1854-1899), probate court (1849-1927), and school superintendent (1858-1887). Clerks records include registers of deeds, mines, licenses, brands, oaths and bonds, mortgages, chattel mortgages, liens, and notarial records; election results, abstracts of deeds; and various other documents. Probate records include adoptions...
Dates: 1849-1927 (Bulk 1849-1900)
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of various historical documents from New Mexico. Includes typescripts of Stephen Watts Kearny's proclamation of the United States' annexation of New Mexico and Governor Bautista Vigil y Alarid's response, both dated August 19, 1846; and correspondence of Francisco Lucero de Godoy concerning his portion of the Martinez Land Grant in Taos County, New Mexico. Collection also contains materials relating to the careers of Lansing B. Bloom and John R. McFie; articles of...
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials from the Bowmans Bank of Las Cruces, New Mexico (1896-1928). The bulk of the materials cover the years, 1896-1904. There are seven letterbooks of letters sent and 23 ledgers as well as journals and cash books that document some of the banks financial transactions. The balance of the material consists of the correspondence of Henry D. Bowman. This correspondence pertains to banking matters, real estate, and mining in New Mexico. Includes letters related to Henrys...
Dates: 1896-1928 (bulk 1896-1904)
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials relating to the career of Elizabeth Garrrett, a blind singer and daughter of Sheriff Pat Garrett. Elizabeth Garrett served on the faculty of the New Mexico School for the Visually Handicapped and wrote "O Fair New Mexico," which was adopted as the official state song in 1917. In addition to various typed manuscript drafts of Buckner's unpublished biography of Garrett, the collection also contains articles and newspaper clippings about Garrett; letters about...
Dates: 1893-1992 (bulk, 1965-1966)
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of records from the Avery-Bowman Co., a real estate business in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Series I includes an abstract of title involving the Denver and Rio Grande Western Railway Co., and an abstract of title of the Roque Lovato Land Grant. Series II includes a patent conveying a tract of land adjacent to the plaza in Santa Fe from the U.S. Government to the City of Santa Fe. Series III includes the wills of many Santa Fe citizens, including Clara H. Olsen and Ernest...
Dates: 1782-1958 (bulk 1860-1933)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of Chaves County, New Mexico (1870-1935). The bulk of the records cover the years, 1881-1935. Included are copies of the county clerks deed indexes that include entries that date to before the creation of Chaves County (1870-1935); a county sheriffs bond (1896); and assessment records (1891-1912). The assessment records have been microfilmed.
Dates: 1870-1935 (bulk 1882-1935)
Scope and Content Collection consists of Olsen's personal and business papers, and a variety of publications about New Mexico. Includes personal correspondence (1889-1947), newspaper clippings about Olsen (1920-1935), obituaries of prominent New Mexicans, certificates from several New Mexican Governors (1901-1933), the settlement of Olsen's estate (1953), papers of Olsen's brother-in-law E.V. Chavez (1879-1896), and catalogs of the New Mexico Spanish American Normal School at El Rito (1939-1941). Correspondence...
Scope and Content Collection contains the 18 linear feet of correspondence between Dr. Knowlton, colleagues, students, and publishers. Dr. Knowlton's manuscripts relating to his field of research are included, some of which have been published in professional journals. Professor Knowlton also collected manuscripts written by colleagues and students on subjects relating to Mexican-Americans, Bilingual Education and Native American issues. Also within the collection are 23 linear feet of reports, committee...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of the county clerk (1867-1933), county assessor (1870-1892, 1917, 1924), county treasurer (1869-1927), county commission (1876-1927), superintendent of schools (1907-1908), county surveyor (1898), justice of the peace (1887-1925), sheriff (1869-1884), and probate court (1892-1929). Clerk's records include notary records, poll and tally books, voter lists, election returns, abstracts of titles, articles of incorporation, registers of licenses and brands,...
- Repository: New Mexico State Records Center and Archives X
- State government records 71
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 68
- Territorial records 65
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 63
- Legal files 56
- Judicial records 53
- Annual reports 46
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 45
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 39
- Wills 38
- Proclamations 35
- Clippings 32
- Reports 32
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 30
- Tax records 30
- Addresses 29
- Trial and arbitral proceedings 29
- Conveyances 27
- Dockets 27
- Extradition -- New Mexico 27
- Local government -- Records 27
- Minutes (Records) 27
- Bonds (legal records) 26
- Governors --New Mexico 25
- Account books 21
- Family papers 18
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 18
- Legal documents 17
- Licenses 17
- Publications 17
- Deeds 16
- Estate records 16
- Financial records 15
- Voting registers 15
- Deed books 13
- Marriage records 13
- Notarial documents 13
- Pardon --New Mexico 13
- Water rights -- New Mexico 13
- Contracts 12
- Governors -- New Mexico 11
- Black-and-white photographs 10
- Mortgages 10
- Scrapbooks 10
- Articles of incorporation 9
- Estate inventories 9
- Letterpress copybooks 9
- Map 9
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 9
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 9
- Pardon -- New Mexico 9
- Photographs 9
- Water resources development -- New Mexico 9
- Census records 8
- Diaries 8
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 8
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 8
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 7
- Warrants 7
- Certificates 6
- Colfax County (N.M.) -- History 6
- Land grants -- New Mexico 6
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 6
- Naturalization records 6
- Navajo Indian Reservation 6
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 6
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- History 5
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico 5
- Conservation of natural resources -- New Mexico 5
- Doña Ana County (N.M.) -- History 5
- Governors--New Mexico 5
- Lincoln County (N.M.) -- History 5
- Mines and mineral resources--New Mexico 5
- Mora County (N.M.) -- History 5
- Orders (military records) 5
- Press releases 5
- Real property -- New Mexico 5
- San Juan County (N.M.) -- History 5
- Subpoenas 5
- Taos County (N.M.) -- History 5
- Valencia County (N.M.) -- History 5
- Alabados 4
- By-laws 4
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 4
- Conservation of natural resources--New Mexico 4
- Decrees 4
- Ditches -- New Mexico 4
- Eddy County (N.M.) -- History 4
- Grant County (N.M.) -- History 4
- Hymns 4
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico 4
- Manuscripts 4
- Mines and mineral resources --New Mexico 4
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 4
- New Mexico -- History, Military 4
- New Mexico -- Militia 4
- Newsletters 4
- Pardon--New Mexico 4
- Piedra Lumbre Land Grant (N.M.) 4
- Preston Beck Land Grant (N.M.) 4 ∧ less
- Undetermined 230
- English 210
- Spanish; Castilian 21
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 6
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 5
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 5
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 5
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 4
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 4
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 4
- United States. Pueblo Lands Board 4
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 3
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 3
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 3
- Historical Society of New Mexico 3
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 3
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- Avery, Jennie M., -1976 2
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 2
- Billy, the Kid 2
- El Paso and Southwestern Railroad Company 2
- Garrett, Elizabeth, 1885?-1947 2
- Garrett, Pat F. (Pat Floyd), 1850-1908 2
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 2
- Thorp, N. Howard (Nathan Howard), 1867-1940 2
- Tijerina, Reies 2
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 2
- United States. Work Projects Administration 2
- Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984 1
- Albuquerque High School (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- American Red Cross 1
- Anza, Juan Bautista de, 1735-1788 1
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 1
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 1
- Arny, W. F. M. (William Frederick Milton), 1813-1881 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 1
- Aubry, François Xavier, 1824-1854 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Axtell, Samuel B. (Samuel Beach), 1819-1891 1
- Berninghaus, Oscar E. (Oscar Edmund), 1874-1952 1
- Bloom, Lansing Bartlett, 1880- 1
- C. de Baca, Margarita 1
- Calhoun, James S., 1803?-1852 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Charles Ilfeld Company 1
- Clancy, Frank W. (Frank Willey), 1852-1928 1
- Collier, John, 1884-1968 1
- Curry, George, 1861-1947 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- De Aragon, Ray John 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 1
- Dietrich, Margretta Stewart, 1881-1961 1
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 1
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Gross, Kelly & Company, Inc 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Historic American Buildings Survey 1
- Ketchum, Black Jack, 1863-1901 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Los Alamos National Laboratory 1
- Maxwell Land Grant Company 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1846-1847 : Bent) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1851-1852 : Calhoun) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1861-1866 : Connelly) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1866-1869 : Mitchell) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1869-1871 : Pile) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1875-1878 : Axtell) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1881-1885 : Sheldon) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1889-1893 : Prince) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1907-1911 : Curry) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1927-1930 : Dillon) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1939-1942 : Miles) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1971-1974 : King) 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1975-1978 : Apodaca) 1
- Otero-Warren, Nina, 1881-1965 1
- Sellers, D. K. B. 1
- Stinson, Katherine, 1891-1977 1
- Taos Society of Artists 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- Warner, Edith, 1893-1951 1
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education 1 ∧ less