Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court Records,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of the correspondence of the Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court's Deputy Court Administrator.
Language of Materials
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
The Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court was established by a legislative act in 1979 (1979 NM Laws, Chp. 346, Sec. 1-14). The same act abolished small claims, municipal, and magistrate courts in Bernalillo County and transferred their functions to the newly-created Metropolitan Court. The Metropolitan Court's jurisdiction generally covers offenses and complaints under ordinances of Bernalillo County and its municipalities, and civil actions involving sums less than $5,000. Because the 1979 legislative act stipulated that Metropolitan Court would be established in counties "with a population of more than two hundred thousand persons in the last federal decennial census," Bernalillo County is the only New Mexican county with a Metropolitan Court as of 1999.
3 Linear Feet
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court Records, 1993-1997
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1999-029::Bernalillo County Metropolitan Court Records)//EN" "nmar1999-029.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.