Showing Collections: 1 - 20 of 20
Identifier: AC 024-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of broadsides, handbills, programs, and other ephemera, most of which involve New Mexican politics.
Identifier: AC 612-P
Scope and Content The collection contains paperwork pertaining to Reinecke's service in the Civilian Conservation Corps during 1937, including correspondence, reports, orders, supply inventories and memos.
Dates: 1926 - 1937; Majority of material found in 1936 - 1937
Identifier: AC 394
Scope and Content Collection contains drafts/transcriptions for the Adolph Bandelier diaries covering 1885 - 1892 (published in four volumes by the University of New Mexico Press). Included are transcripts of Bandelier material from 1880 - 1891 prepared by A. J. O. Anderson and Fanny Bandelier. A file of approximately 820 index cards with names is also included.
Identifier: AC 247
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials by and about Wynkoop. Includes a scrapbook of newspaper clippings collected by Wynkoop from 1859 to 1891, certificates and letters received by Wynkoop from 1861 to 1883, and a photocopy and typescript of Wynkoop's memoirs. Much of the materials in this collection relate to the Civil War in the West, the Sand Creek Massacre of Indians in Colorado, and John Chivington, a rival of Wynkoop who was also the leader of the American forces responsible for the Sand Creek...
Dates: 1859-1987 (bulk, 1859-1891)
Identifier: AC 362
Scope and Content The collection consists of Frank Ortiz's personal and diplomatic papers. The bulk of the material deals with his diplomatic and political career . Classified materials had been removed from the Frank V. Ortiz Collection in September 2006 by the U.S. State Department. In 2008 all but 18 documents have been declassified and returned to the Frank V. Ortiz Collection. A review of those remaining documents (either redacted or denied) will be requested in May of 2010. NOTE:...
Identifier: AC 040
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers of ChÃ¡vez. Includes typed manuscripts, letters sent and received, certificates, biographical materials, and newspaper clippings. Among the letters are correspondence with various publishers and ChÃ¡vez's friend Frederick L. Grillo, as well as letters received from individuals such as Thornton Wilder, Paul Horgan, Erna Fergusson, Peter Hurd, and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Collection also includes materials concerning the publication of ChÃ¡vez's poem...
Identifier: AC 086
Scope and Content Assorted papers including correspondence, memoranda, misc. documents and notes. Draft manuscripts on various New Mexico personalities and subjects. Eleven donated books integrated into museum collection. Articles and clippings were integrated into the libray's verticle files.
Identifier: AC 075
Scope and Content The Bruce T. Ellis Collection consists of various original and photostatic copies of the Spanish, Mexican and American period of New Mexico's history. Ellis, a former employee of the Museum of New Mexico's History Bureau, collected and saved many of these diverse documents from destruction. The collection is arranged topically and then chronologically.
Identifier: AC 238
Scope and Content Henry F. Wetter was Secretary of the Territory 1869-1872. Mrs. Wetter accompanied him to Santa Fe and the collection consists of her letters to her family in the East. There are 14 letters totaling 77 written pages, The letters describe conditions in Santa Fe and New Mexico during the period. Also included is a speech delivered by Mr. Wetter upon his return to Pennsylvania. The 58 page manuscript describes the natural resources, people, places and customs of New Mexico. Other memorabilia is...
Identifier: AC 578
Scope and Content Material pertains to Howard Bryan's bi-weekly Albuquerque Tribune column “Off the Beaten Path” which ran from 1953 to 1990. This collection contains clippings of those columns as well as the correspondence and research material he used to produce the column. Material includes awards, photographs and miscellaneous items.
Dates: 1940-2000; Majority of material found in 1970s-1980s
Identifier: AC 044
Scope and Content Collection consists of 25 journals (1861-1868) kept by John A. Clark, Surveyor of the Territory of New Mexico, a typescript of the journals, and a Confederate Army broadside from 1862. The 25 journals contain 1,943 handwritten diary pages, 48 hand drawn maps, about 50 pages, notes, expenses, lists of distances and miscellaneous sketches. Kitty Shishkin has done the typescript copy of the journals. The journals give detailed daily accounts of the writer's official and personal...
Identifier: AC 039
Scope and Content The Manuel Antonio Chaves papers contain correspondence and transcriptions concerning Manuel Antonio Chaves' ancestry and military career. Much of the correspondence is written by his son, Amado Chaves. Marc Simmons assembled the addenda to the Manuel Antonio Chaves Collection. The file contains copies of documentation of Manuel Antonio Chaves' military career between 1861 and 1863.
Most of the papers in this collection are xerox copies.
Most of the papers in this collection are xerox copies.
Identifier: AC 152
Scope and Content Mauro Montoya Collection documents significant episodes of New Mexico history during the eighteenth, nineteenth and twentieth centuries. The documents are divided into the four main periods: Spanish period, The Mexican period, U.S. Territorial period (incl. U.S. military occupation), New Mexico Statehood period.
Identifier: AC 630-p
Scope and Content Receipt from Mora County, Territory of New Mexico, is dated March 16, 1904, made payable to Antonio Leyba in the amount of $25.00, "por un mas de escuela al Distrito." Receipt is signed by the County Clerk and the Chairman of the School Directors for District 16, and approved by the County Superintendent on April 22, 1904.
Identifier: AC 165-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of documents concerning government and military activities in New Mexico. Includes an 1861 order issued by Adjutant General Charles P. Clever for the formation of a New Mexico Militia; an 1881 report issued by the territorial government on the economic and geographic features of Socorro County; and a 1911 certificate of election for William C. MacDonald as Governor of the Territory of New Mexico. The collection contains one photocopy of an 1848 proclamation...
Identifier: AC 439
Scope and Content This collection consists of the research material of historian and author Philip J. Rasch. It includes his many articles about New Mexican and southwestern gunslingers, lawmen, and outlaws. These articles were published in the English Westerners' Brand Book, Denver Westerners Monthly Roundup, Westerners New York Posse Brand Book, and the National Association and Center for Outlaw and Lawman...
Dates: Placeholder Unit Date Text; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 226
Scope and Content The Ralph Emerson Twitchell Collection's first part consists of the papers of Ralph Emerson Twitchell (11-29-1859 to 10-26-1925), the attorney, public office holder and historian; Margaret Olivia Collins Twitchell (born circa 1868 to 1-29-1900), the first Mrs. Twitchell; Estelle Bennett Burton Twitchell (1-31-1872 to 10-13-1952), the second Mrs. Twitchell; and Waldo Collins Twitchell, the son of Margaret and Ralph who became an engineer and a writer. The second part of the Ralph...
Identifier: AC 601
Scope and Content Collection contains material related to his political activities, and personal correspondence with his children. There is a small amount of school-related material from his daughter, Florence, who was a teacher.
Dates: 1906-1970; Majority of material found in 1920s-1940s
Identifier: AC 083-P
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of typescript copies of 34 letters Walter L. Finely wrote, while stationed in the territory of New Mexico to his mother in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, 1879-1881. Letters depict the routine life of a young officer stationed at various posts in New Mexico and the military actions taken against Victorio and his Apache supporters. Also included are: typed newspaper transcripts from the Daily New Mexican and ...
Dates: 1879-1883; 1876-1881
Identifier: AC 228
Scope and Content Collection consists of typed documents produced by employees of the W.P.A. and its subdivision the Federal Writer's Project in New Mexico. Most of the collection is made up of transcripts of oral history interviews conducted with New Mexicans, and folklore and stories about New Mexico and Hispanic culture in particular.
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 15
- Clippings 5
- Manuscripts 5
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 5
- Diaries 4
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-1950 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 4
- Certificates 3
- Correspondence 3
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 3
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 3
- Reports 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 2
- Broadsides 2
- Ephemera 2
- Financial records 2
- Historians -- New Mexico 2
- Map 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 2
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 2
- Outlaws -- New Mexico 2
- Publications 2
- Addresses 1
- Apache Indians 1
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 1
- Argentina -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Argentina -- Relations -- United States 1
- Arizona -- Social life and customs 1
- Arizona--Description and travel 1
- Arizona--History -- To 1912 1
- Articles 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedrals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Chamizal National Memorial (El Paso, Tex.) 1
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Cities and towns -- New Mexico 1
- Colorado--History--1876-1950 1
- Colorado--History--to 1876 1
- Conveyances 1
- Deeds 1
- Devotional literature 1
- Education -- New Mexico 1
- Elections -- New Mexico 1
- Elections -- New Mexico -- History. 1
- Ethiopia -- Relations -- United States 1
- Ethnology - Southwest, New 1
- Falkland Islands War, 1982 1
- Family histories 1
- Folklore 1
- Folklore -- New Mexico 1
- Fort Fauntleroy (Colo.) 1
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) -- History 1
- Frontier and pioneer life - New Mexico 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- Southwest, New -- Anecdotes 1
- Glorieta Pass (N.M.), Battle of, 1862 1
- Governors -- New Mexico 1
- Governors -- New Mexico. 1
- Grenada -- Relations -- United States 1
- Grenada--History--American Invasion, 1983 1
- Grenada--History--Coup d'état, 1979 1
- Grenada--Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Guadalupe, Our Lady of--controversy 1
- Guatemala -- Relations -- United States 1
- Guatemala--Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico 1
- Indian agents--Colorado 1
- Kit Carson Monument (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 1
- Legal documents 1
- Letters 1
- Lincoln County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Membership lists 1
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- New Mexico 1
- Mexico--Relations--United States 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Mora County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Natural resources--New Mexico 1
- Navajo Indians -- Wars 1
- New Mexico -- Boundaries -- Texas 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848-1950. 1
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 -- Battlefields 1
- New Mexico -- History, Military 1
- New Mexico -- Land grants 1
- New Mexico -- Militia 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- New Mexico -- Religious life and customs 1
- New Mexico -- Social conditions 1
- New Mexico--Social life and customs, 1951- 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1897-1906 : Otero) 1
- Newspapers 1
- Oral histories 1
- Orders (military records) 1
- Outlaws - New Mexico 1
- Parks -- New Mexico. 1
- Payo de Nuevo Mexico 1
- Personal Correspondence 1 ∧ less
- English 16
- Undetermined 16
- Spanish; Castilian 3
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 3
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- Alfonsín, Raúl, 1927-2009 1
- Anderson, Arthur J. O., 1907-1996 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Clever, Charles P., 1830-1874 1
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 1
- Ellis, Bruce T., 1903- 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- Fergusson, Erna, 1888-1964 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- Hurd, Peter, 1904-1984 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- Ortiz, Frank V., 1926-2005 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Simmons, Marc, 1937- 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 1 ∧ less