WPA New Mexico Collection
Identifier: AC 228
Scope and Content
Collection consists of typed documents produced by employees of the W.P.A. and its subdivision the Federal Writer's Project in New Mexico. Most of the collection is made up of transcripts of oral history interviews conducted with New Mexicans, and folklore and stories about New Mexico and Hispanic culture in particular.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
The Works Progress Administration was a major New Deal program in the 1930s.
16 Linear Feet
A complete copy of this collection is available at the Center for Southwest Research, General Library, University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
These city and town files had been removed from the WPA New Mexico Collection. No original WPA Call# had been assigned - this addendum starts with an "artifical" WPA call number "6-x-y"
- Guide to the WPA New Mexico Collection, 1936-1940
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- ©2000; updated ©2015
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- Expanded and republished in cooperation with the Center for Southwest Research, University of New Mexico. Funded in part by the Center for Regional Studies and Chicana/o Studies Program, UNM.
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 228::WPA New Mexico Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac228.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.