Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 139
Abstract Collection contains views of Mexico from the series "Vistas Mexicanas" by Abel Briquet, a French photographer who worked in Mexico at the turn of the century.
Scope and Content The Alamo Navajo Oral History Project collection consists of 23 interviews on 26 CDs with related photographs. The interviews were conducted between 1977 and 1984 with people from the Alamo Navajo Reservation in southwestern New Mexico. The interviewees include: Louise Abeyta, Narciso Abeyta, John Anderson Pino, Denny Y. Apachito, Julian Apachito, Martiano Apachito, Billy Apachito, Hattie Apachito, Helen Apachito, Ida Apachito, Bessie Field Baca, John M. Baca. Thomas Ganadonegro, John Guerro,...
Abstract This collection contains song recordings, interviews and photos that Alan Paine Radebaugh collected from four New Mexico country western singers and musicians: Joseph Looney, Robert Carley, Ned Holloway and Sidney Fleming. In addition, there are performances by other early, leading country singers from New Mexico, Texas, California, Kansas and other parts of the country. Some of them were recorded at fiddle contests.
Abstract This collection contains pamphlets related to Albuquerque and New Mexico. Topics range from political campaigns to national parks and monuments, and conferences convening in this area. Many pamphlets are aimed toward prospective residents, tourists, and health-seeking visitors to New Mexico.
Abstract Alfonso Sanchez was the District Attorney for Rio Arriba County during the land struggle of Reies Lopez Tijerina and the Alianza Federal de las Mercedes. The collection consists of biographical materials pertaining to Alfonso Sanchez, as well as materials pertaining to the Tierra Amarillo land grant and Reies Lopez Tijerina.
Dates: 1856-2004; Majority of material found within 1955-1970
Abstract Papers of the Amador family, entrepreneurs and community leaders of Las Cruces, New Mexico. Included in the collection are the personal papers of Martin Amador, Refugio Ruiz de Amador, their children, Emilia Amador de Garcia, Juan Amador, Francisco Amador, Martin A. Amador, Jr., Maria Amador de Daguerre, Clotilde Amador de Terrazas, Julieta Amador de Garcia, and Corina Amador de Campbell, and sons in law, Jesus Garcia and Antonio Terrazas. The papers include correspondence, financial, and legal...
Abstract The collection documents the American G.I. Forum (AGIF) of New Mexico and its advocacy work. AGIF New Mexico files include records of the national AGIF organization.
Abstract This collection of sound recordings was donated to the John Donald Robb Archive of Southwestern Music by Antonio Garcia. The music is mainly from San Juan Pueblo, New Mexico, with a few songs of the Huichol of Mexico. In addition, several songs are from the Iroquois and one is from the Ojibwa or Chippewa Tribe.
Dates: ca. 1941-1965; Majority of material found within 1960-65
Abstract This collection contains construction and working drawings from projects created by Arthur Dekker from 1959 to 1970. These projects mainly document buildings constructed in the State of New Mexico, many of which were located in Albuquerque. Many of these structures were located along historic Route 66 and the surrounding area.
Scope and Content The Atrisco Oral History Project, also known as Herencia: The Atrisco Community, was conducted over nine months in 1984, with the exception of one interview which was conducted in 1981. The project was directed by Dr. Raymond Burrola and consists of interviews with 35 residents of the Atrisco area in Albuquerque's South Valley. The project was sponsored by the Southwest Hispanic Research Institute at the University of New Mexico, in conjunction with the Albuquerque Museum and University of New...
Dates: 1981-1984, (bulk 1984)
Scope and Content This collection consists of the research materials, collected data, publications and reports used and generated in conjunction with the Barelas Community Project. Video and audio taped interviews, questionnaires, sociometric surveys, and information secured from informants are included in the collection. Box 1 contains most of the printed data and research, including the project proposal, surveys, and reports. A copy of Los Bareleños de Albuquerque,...
Dates: 1877-1985; Majority of material found in 1973-1974
Scope and Content The Ernest Warren Baughman collection contains six boxes of folktales (boxes 1-5 and 12) and six boxes of index cards recording folk cures, proverbs, rhymes and games, riddles, superstitions, customs, jokes, and weather lore (boxes 6-11), all collected by his students, mostly at the University of New Mexico. Many of the stories were collected from New Mexican villages and towns, containing local content. The collection is arranged alphabetically by the name of the collector. Most of the index...
Abstract Pioneer family at Mescalero, New Mexico, where Joseph Hoy Blazer took over theoperation of a sawmill in 1868. The mill has historic significance as the scene of a battle duringthe Lincoln County War. The papers document the activities of three generations of the Blazerfamily, who lived on land in, but not part of, the Mescalero Apache Reservation. Comprised ofcorrespondence, financial records, legal documents, literary manuscripts, patent descriptions, andphotographs. Significant correspondence...
Abstract Legal documents pertaining to the properties of the Bouquet family of Pojoaque, New Mexico Territory.
Dates: 1781-1949; Majority of material found within 1864-1927
Abstract This collection contains testimony from the U.S. Court of Private Land Claims regarding the legitimacy of the Caja del Rio grant involving a legal dispute between the descendants of Nicolas Ortiz, Ni?o Ladr?n de Guebara (the original grantee) and Willi Spiegelberg. It also includes legal documents confirming genealogy of the Ortiz family and records of sales of this land in 1860 from the Ortiz family through various owners, to Thomas B. Catron in 1909.
Dates: 1887-1914 (bulk 1904-1914)
Abstract Ten signed color lithographs by Carlos Mérida depicting folk dances of Mexico.
Abstract This collection contains ten original color lithographs by Carlos Mérida, published in a limited edition folio by Graphic Art Publications, Mexico, in 1943.
Abstract This collection contains records regarding the status of the various missions in northern New Mexico in 1794 as communicated to the Province of the Holy Evangel of Our Holy Father San Francisco of Mexico City.
Abstract Black-and-white portraits of New Mexican Hispanic women made to accompany an oral history project.
Abstract The Curtis collection contains a wide variety of recordings including music, programs and interviews. They range from Navajo, Pueblo, Keresan, Laguna and Mescalero Apache and songs and dances, Spanish alabados, Christmas plays, and wedding dances and popular music, to Anglo American fiddle and cowboy tunes and African American gospel music. Also included are some songs from the Cheyenne and Plains Indians, the Tarahumara of Chihuahua, the Indians of Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia and Peru, and a...
Abstract Comic books, strips, zines, and other graphic materials produced by Latino artists and authors in the United States.
Dates: Majority of material found within 2002-2012
Scope and Content The collection consists of fanzines, comics and some cartonera publications produced in Chile between 2010 and 2016, with a few pieces dated earlier. Some publications document specifically Chilean experiences, while others cover more generalized topics. Items are arranged by creator or title. See descriptions in Notes.
Dates: 1972-2016; Majority of material found within 2010-2016
Abstract This collection, containing the official records of the 1992 commemoration of the 500th anniversary of the Columbian Quincentenary, documents the intellectual and social trends, contributions, and controversies surrounding the commemoration.
Dates: 1981-1995 (bulk 1990-1992)
Abstract The collection consists of one recording of the special Hispanic wedding entriega song composed and sung in Spanish and English by Consuelo Luz for the Southwest Hispanic Arts Curriculum Symposium at the University of New Mexico in 1994. Included also are the meaning of an entriega and the lyrics of this song.
Abstract This collection is comprised of business and private papers pertaining to Abram Contreras, Felipe Peralta, Emiliano Contreras and their relatives who resided in Socorro County, central New Mexico, in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 134
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 4
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 1
- Photographs 25
- Sound recordings 21
- Mural painting and decoration 14
- Oral histories 12
- Letters 10
- Map 8
- Clippings 7
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 7
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 7
- Land grants -- New Mexico 6
- Music -- New Mexico 6
- Posters 6
- Folk music -- New Mexico 5
- Songs, Spanish -- New Mexico 5
- Alabados 4
- Correspondence 4
- Country music 4
- Folk music – New Mexico 4
- Hispanic Americans -- Music 4
- Mexican American poets 4
- Albumen prints 3
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 3
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 3
- Christmas plays, Spanish -- New Mexico 3
- Church buildings -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- Church music -- Catholic Church 3
- Cityscapes 3
- Corridos 3
- Fanzines 3
- Fiddle tunes 3
- Flamenco 3
- Folk songs, Spanish -- New Mexico 3
- Hymns, Spanish -- New Mexico 3
- Indians of North America -- Music 3
- Land tenure -- New Mexico 3
- Lithographs 3
- Matachines (Music) 3
- New Mexico -- Ethnic relations 3
- New Mexico -- Genealogy 3
- New Mexico -- History 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 20th century 3
- New Mexico--Ethnic relations 3
- Old-time music 3
- Photograph albums 3
- Postcards 3
- Prints -- Mexico 3
- Pueblo Indians -- History 3
- Slides (Photography) 3
- Acculturation -- New Mexico 2
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 2
- American poetry -- Mexican American authors 2
- Architects 2
- Architecture -- New Mexico 2
- Architecture--Designs and plans 2
- Aztecs -- History 2
- Comic books, strips, etc. 2
- Country music – New Mexico 2
- Cuba--Politics and government -- 20th century -- Posters 2
- Drawings (visual works) 2
- Education, Bilingual 2
- Education, Bilingual--New Mexico 2
- Education--New Mexico 2
- El Paso (Tex.) -- History 2
- Elections -- New Mexico 2
- Ephemera 2
- Fiddle tunes – New Mexico 2
- Folk Songs, Spanish -- New Mexico 2
- Folk dance music -- New Mexico 2
- Folklore -- New Mexico 2
- Hispanic American college teachers 2
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- Music 2
- Hispanic Americans--Cultural assimilation 2
- Indians of Mexico 2
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Music 2
- Kirtland Air Force Base (N.M.) 2
- La Majada Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Labor unions--New Mexico 2
- Latin America 2
- Latin America--Foreign relations--United States 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Mariachi 2
- Markets -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Mexican American authors 2
- Mexican American authors -- 20th century 2
- Mexican American authors--20th century 2
- Mexican American drama (Spanish) 2
- Mexican American literature (Spanish) 2
- Mexican American poetry (Spanish) 2
- Mexico -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 2
- Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- Mexico -- Politics and government -- 20th century -- Posters 2
- Music 2
- Music – New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- Commerce 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 17th century 2
- New Mexico -- In literature 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 2
- New Mexico--Genealogy 2
- New Spain -- History -- Sources 2 ∧ less
- Portuguese 7
- French 4
- North American Indian languages 4
- Navajo; Navaho 4
- German 3
- Italian 2
- Japanese 2
- Apache languages 1
- Catalan; Valencian 1
- Chinese 1
- Dutch; Flemish 1
- Hungarian 1
- Lao 1
- Latin 1
- Mayan languages 1
- Russian 1
- Undetermined 1
- Zuni 1 ∧ less
- Briquet, Abel 4
- Bloom, Lansing Bartlett, 1880- 3
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 3
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 2
- Ellis, Florence Hawley 2
- Mares, E. A., 1938-2015 2
- Tireman, L. S. (Loyd Spencer), 1896-1959 2
- Aberle, Sophie D., 1899-1996 1
- Adams, Eleanor B. (Eleanor Burnham), 1910-1996 1
- Albuquerque Museum 1
- Anaya, Rudolfo A., 1937-2020 1
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 1
- Arellano, Juan Estevan 1
- Atencio, Tomás, 1932-2014 1
- Baca, Jimmy Santiago, 1952- 1
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 1
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 1
- Charles Ilfeld Company 1
- Cobos, Rubén 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 1
- Dissette, Mary E. 1
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911 1
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 1
- Kneeland, I. D. (Ira Duane), 1862-1950 1
- Phelps, Dodge & Co 1
- Serna, Elizabeth 1
- Stinson, Katherine, 1891-1977 1
- Tijerina, Reies 1
- Zapata, Emiliano, 1879-1919 1
- Zimmerman, Carle C., 1897-1983 1
- Álvarez Quintero, Joaquín, 1873-1944 1
- Álvarez Quintero, Serafín, 1871-1938 1 ∧ less