Showing Collections: 26 - 50 of 56
Identifier: MSS -232 -SC
Abstract The James J. Webb Correspondence consists of ten hand-written letters discussing business practices and salaries related to Webb's trading business and politics in New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 236-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a typescript of Webb's journal entitled "Memoirs of James J. Webb, Merchant in Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1844." The memoirs describe Webb's business in Santa Fe and his journey across the Santa Fe Trail. Includes materials on two of Webb's business partners, John M. Kingsbury and William S. Messervy.
Identifier: AC 304
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials used in writing a thesis on the "Forced Acculturation" in Japanese American internment camps during World War II.
Identifier: AC 575
Scope and Content Collection contains copies of papers, documents, and memorandums concerning American Internment Camps for Japanese and Japanese Americans during World War II, with particular emphasis on the Santa Fe Camp which was administered by the U.S. Department of Justice. The material touches on all aspects of that program from the initial establishment of the camps and their administration and problems to their final days. Also included are the official reactions at the national, state and camp level,...
Dates: 1941-2010; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 044
Scope and Content Collection consists of 25 journals (1861-1868) kept by John A. Clark, Surveyor of the Territory of New Mexico, a typescript of the journals, and a Confederate Army broadside from 1862. The 25 journals contain 1,943 handwritten diary pages, 48 hand drawn maps, about 50 pages, notes, expenses, lists of distances and miscellaneous sketches. Kitty Shishkin has done the typescript copy of the journals. The journals give detailed daily accounts of the writer's official and personal...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the John Paul Delgado papers (1910-1992) and the military papers of Manuel Delgado (1774-1804). The bulk of the collection covers the years 1910-1992. John Paul Delgado papers include some materials concerning his grandfather Benjamin Read, genealogical materials concerning the Delgado Family, and various clippings and other materials concerning John Paul Delgado's acting career. Also includes black and white photographs of John Paul and the Delgado Family, photocopies of...
Dates: 1774-1992 (bulk 1910-1992)
Identifier: AC 555-p
Scope and Content Research notes, essays, and copies of historic documents pertaining to aspects of the history of Santa Fe, NM including Sena Plaza, Santa Fe businesses, and Santa Fe street names. Also included are an assessment of the Office of the Cadestral Engineer relative to lands, wills, and other matters; copy of the land grant to Juana Lujana within the San Ildefonso Pueblo Grant, 1765; an account of the death of Jesus Maria Luna y Baca on the Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad, 1888.
Identifier: AC 182-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of two items: a letter written to her by her aunt Josephine in honor of her birth [transfer 10828]and her Santa Fe High School diploma from 1948 .
Dates: 1929; 1948
Identifier: AC 143
Scope and Content A bound collection of sixty-one pages of letters and testimony concerning New Mexico and dating from circa 1785 until 1835. The documents were gathered in Spain as the result of two petitions (one in 1785, one in 1835) by Martinez de Montoya's descendants to inherit the noble rights received by him in 1606. This collection's transcripts of documents are especially important because they are notarized by Spanish officials as accurate and suggest an earlier date for the founding of Santa Fe than...
Identifier: AC 039
Scope and Content The Manuel Antonio Chaves papers contain correspondence and transcriptions concerning Manuel Antonio Chaves' ancestry and military career. Much of the correspondence is written by his son, Amado Chaves. Marc Simmons assembled the addenda to the Manuel Antonio Chaves Collection. The file contains copies of documentation of Manuel Antonio Chaves' military career between 1861 and 1863.
Most of the papers in this collection are xerox copies.
Most of the papers in this collection are xerox copies.
Identifier: AC 390
Scope and Content Collection contains manuscripts of Cable's books and essays, correspondence, and research materials associated with her publications.
Identifier: AC 159-S
Scope and Content One ledger book of deed descriptions and hand-drawn maps of property in Santa Fe owned by the New Mexico Central Railroad Co. Includes information on a depot shared with the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad.
Scope and Content This collection is comprised of 7 miscellaneous typed items, perhaps never sent to the Library of Congress during the New Deal era. Item 3 was removed and cataloged - See Separated Materials. These papers provide a small sample of the work done in the state under two of the New Deal Federal Work Progress Administration programs. Included are five undated submissions by New Mexico researchers to the Historical Records Survey Division. There is a translation of the 1760s document for the donation...
Identifier: AC 425
Scope and Content The collection consists of taped interviews with prominent people from Santa Fe and New Mexico. All but one tape include transcripts. According to the interviewees, it appears that the oral histories were gathered as part of the Upper Canyon Road Project.Interviewers and project are not identified.
Identifier: AC 491
Scope and Content Collection contains personal notes pertaining to Santa Fe Fiesta, and newspaper clippings (loose and scrapbook).
Identifier: AC 573
Scope and Content Collection contains papers marking major professional and civic events in the life of Paul A. F. Walter.
Dates: 1937-1966; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 504
Scope and Content Collection contains reports, plans, maps of projects that pertained to rezoning, subdivisions, variances, etc. and master plans for larger, phased projects and development plans.
Identifier: AC 571-p
Scope and Content Official items published for the 400th Anniversary of Santa Fe include Brochure with pockets advertising the 400th Anniversary, Official Commemorative Issue of La Herencia magazine Santa Fe 400th Anniversary – Opening Weekend Program, Viva! Santa Fe, Chef Demonstration Recipe Guide, Tickets for the 107.5 Country Fest 2010 at Rodeo Grounds, Official Santa Fe 400th Anniversary cards and stationary, pins from the St. Francis Cathedral Basilica commemorating the...
Identifier: AC 401
Scope and Content The collection consists of correspondence, committee reports, board, and general meeting minutes, newsclippings, financial information, events and parades information, De Vargas and La Reina contestant applications, and materials relating to the promotion and the operation of the Santa Fe Fiesta. Collection includes by-laws, operating manuals, and contracts.
Identifier: AC 511-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of two announcements (2 items) of concerts in Santa Fe: 10th Cavalry Band (part of the Buffalo soldiers), 1887 [transfer 4636/45]; 10th US Infantry Band, 1892 [transfer 4895/45
Dates: 1887, 1892
Scope and Content This collection has miscellaneous official records of the city of Santa Fe, New Mexico, 1822-1934, with the bulk dating 1901-1930. It includes ordinances, bonds, deeds, minutes of meetings, petitions, correspondence, invoices, construction contracts and specifications for buildings, bridges, roads, and paving of the Plaza, treasury reports of the city, accounts of payment to the sheriff for feeding and keeping city prisoners, reports from the city clerk for fees collected for licenses,...
Dates: 1822-1934 (bulk 1901-1930)
Identifier: AC 203-s
Scope and Content A collection of miscellaneous programs for activities in Santa Fe or concerning Santa Fe dating from 1849 to 1978.
Identifier: AC 204
Scope and Content Collection consists of letters, programs, announcements, articles, and other materials related to the Tertio-Millennial Anniversary Celebration of 1883, held in Santa Fe to recognize 333 years since the establishment of Santa Fe by the Spanish. Includes materials by and about the Santa Fe Tertio-Millennial Anniversary Association; specifications and cost estimates for a main exhibition building; and a register of complimentary tickets with the names of many prominent Santa Fe residents....
Identifier: AC 244
Scope and Content Collection consists of two ledger books and one pamphlet from the Santa Fe Woman's Board of Trade and Library Association. One ledger contains minutes of meetings from 1892-1899, and the other ledger contains minutes of meetings from 1898-1900. The 1915 pamphlet includes the constitution, bylaws, and officers of the Santa Fe Woman's Board of Trade and Library Association, with the names of the organization's presidents from 1916 to 1930 added in pencil. Continuation of collection...
Identifier: AC 214
Scope and Content Collection consists of letters, newspapers and articles tracing the family's history (circa 1846 to date), and poetry and other writings of family members, especially of Flora Spiegelberg, wife of Willie, one of the five brothers.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 42
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 9
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 4
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 29
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 7
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 7
- Clippings 6
- Santa Fe (N.M.) - History 6
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 6
- Minutes (Records) 5
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 5
- Photographs 5
- Genealogy 4
- Merchants -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 4
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 4
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History. 4
- Diaries 3
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 3
- Letters 3
- Map 3
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 3
- Reports 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Description and travel 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.)--History 3
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 19th century 2
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 20th century 2
- Artists -- New Mexico 2
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Ephemera 2
- Fort Marcy (N.M.) 2
- Governors -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 2
- Japanese Americans -- Evacuation and relocation, 1942-1945 2
- Land Grants -- New Mexico 2
- Manuscripts 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel -- 19th century 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel -- 20th century 2
- New Mexico -- History -- Civil War, 1861-1865 2
- Obituaries 2
- Parades -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Pennsylvania -- Description and travel 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Photographic prints 2
- Programs 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs -- 19th century 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- history 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) --History 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.)--Social life and customs 2
- Santa Fe Internment Camp (N.M.) 2
- Santa Fe Trail 2
- Scrapbooks 2
- Southwest, New -- Description and travel -- 19th century 2
- Southwest, New -- Description and travel -- 20th century 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- United States 2
- Account books 1
- Actors -- New Mexico 1
- Addresses 1
- Adobe houses -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Adobe houses—New Mexico 1
- Adult Education -- Puerto Rico 1
- Antonio Martinez Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Antonio Sandoval Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Apaches -- History 1
- Architects and patrons -- New Mexico -- 20th century 1
- Architecture - Louisiana - New Orleans 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture, Spanish colonial -- New Mexico 1
- Arizona -- Social life and customs 1
- Arizona--Description and travel 1
- Arizona--History -- To 1912 1
- Art, Modern 1
- Art, Spanish colonial -- New Mexico 1
- Articles 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- Great Britain -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- New Mexico -- Los Alamos -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- West (U.S.) -- History 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Aztecs -- History 1
- Bartolome Baca Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Bridges -- Contracts 1
- Broadsides 1
- Burial -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Businessmen -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- By-laws 1
- Caciques (Indian leaders) -- Mexico 1
- Caja del Rio Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Canada (N.M.) -- History 1
- Canada de Cochiti Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Case files 1
- Cathedral Basilica of St. Francis of Assisi (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Cathedrals--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Catholic Church -- Mexico 1
- Cemeteries -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Certificates 1 ∧ less
- English 52
- Undetermined 35
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- French 1
- German 1
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 3
- Meem, John Gaw, 1894-1983 3
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- Historical Society of New Mexico 2
- Hollenback, Amelia, 1877-1969 2
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 2
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 2
- United States. War Relocation Authority 2
- American Railway Express Agency 1
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Catholic Church. Archdiocese of Santa Fe (N.M.) 1
- Chapman, Kenneth Milton, 1875-1968 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Fairview Cemetery (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 1
- Girard, Alexander, 1907-1993 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- Johnson, E. Dana 1
- Ketchum, Black Jack, 1863-1901 1
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 1
- Lawrence, Frieda, 1879-1956 1
- Meem & McCormick (firm) 1
- New Mexico Historical Records Survey 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- Otero Family 1
- Otero, Miguel Antonio, 1859-1944 1
- Otero-Warren, Nina, 1881-1965 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Renehan, Alois B., 1869-1928 1
- Simmons, Marc, 1937- 1
- Spiegelberg family, 1
- Spiegelberg, Flora 1
- St. Vincent Hospital (Sante Fe, N.M.) 1
- Stewart, Dorothy N. (Dorothy Newkirk), 1891-1955 1
- Szasz, Ferenc Morton, 1940-2010 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1 ∧ less