Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 39
Scope and Content This collection consists of portraits of local dignitaries, politicians and people of note which were produced in the Albright Art Parlors studios in Santa Fe and Albuquerque between 1880 and 1912 by resident operators. These portraits (on cabinet, boudoir and some larger card stock) offer a glimpse into the people and styles current in New Mexico during this period of time.
Dates: 1880 - 1912
Abstract The collection contains photographs compiled by members of the American Association of University Women's New Mexico chapter.
Scope and Content This collection contains the photographs of the Ann Baumann Trust, which was created by Ann Baumann, daughter of New Mexico artist Gustave Baumann, in order to promote Baumann’s artistic legacy and preserve his archival materials. The collection contains prints, color slides and transparencies, negatives, and photo albums documenting Baumann's life, artwork, and legacy. The collection consists primarily of Gustave Baumann’s photographs, including professional portraits...
Dates: 1860s-2012; Majority of material found in 1895-1974
Abstract This collection contains photographs relating to the history of the Bell Ranch.
Dates: 1896, 1984
Abstract This collection contains photographs documenting the career of hydrogeologist C.V. Theis.
Abstract Thirty six photographs depicting Camp Cody, near Deming, New Mexico, 1917. Camp Cody was established in 1917 as a training camp for National Guard units from Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota. The units trained at Camp Cody comprised the 34th Infantry "Sandstorm" Division. About 45,000 troops trained at Camp Cody between 1917 and 1919. The camp was first called Camp Brooks, then Camp Deming, before being renamed Camp Cody to honor the scout and showman William F. "Buffalo...
Identifier: PAC 035
Scope and Content Important collection of original photographs of Hopi, Apache, Havasupai peoples, Fort Apache and other locations, dated circa 1900. As an established artist, Werntz had a highly sophisticated approach to photography. No accession records for this collection. The work of William H. Simpson somehow seems to be tied to this collection but there is no paper trail to verify that.
Abstract Papers, images and audio-visual material relating to New Mexico and its history, as well as the book in New Mexico.
Identifier: PAC 047
Scope and Content This extensive collection comprises the working career of Cary Herz over the course of more than 25 years in New Mexico. It includes original prints and negatives, color slides, book manuscripts, Compact Discs, video tapes, and some documents and correspondence. The majority of the documents and correspondence are housed in the Fray Angelico Chavez History Libray in the New Mexico History Museum. Her women's movement and female athelete material, completed before she moved to New Mexico, is...
Dates: 1984 - 2008
Abstract The collection consists mainly of photographs of University of New Mexico buildings.
Abstract This collection contains sepia-toned photographic prints of Native American people and culture.
Abstract The collection contains 3,800+ slide photographs compiled by author, educator, and landscape specialist John Brinckerhoff (J. B.) Jackson. Photographs includes those taken by Jackson himself as well as those produced by other photographers at Jackson's request. These slide photographs were donated by two former students of Jackson, Paul Groth, and Marc Treib, as well as Chris Wilson. Collection also includes a selection of prints.
Dates: 1940-1990; Majority of material found within 1960s-1980s
Content Description Collection of photographs from the Randall Davey Estate in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Included are gelatin silver prints, cartes-de-visite, cabinet cards, tintypes, negatives, slides and postcards related to Randall V. Davey's artwork and life in Santa Fe, New Mexico, as well as to members of the Holt and Cullum families.
Abstract The El Hispano News Pictorial Collection is comprised of photographs, halftone images, postcards, negatives, and other pictorial materials from the Albuquerque Spanish-language newspaper, El Hispano News.
Dates: 1938, 1958-2003; Majority of material found within 1958-2003
Abstract The majority of the photograph album is dedicated to interior and exterior views of the Stedman house at 646 E. Garcia St., Santa Fe (NM), including architectural features, furnishings, and views.
Abstract The Evelia Cobos Pictorial Collection contains photos of Evelia, her father, Ruben Cobos, and their families. Also included are two of Ruben’s early concert programs; news clipping about Evelia’s 2010 book on her father; and three of her essays about him.
Dates: 1930-2015; Majority of material found within 1970-2015
Abstract The collection consists of portraits of Felipe Chaves (Chavez), his family, and others.
Abstract Collection contains photographic and print portraits of Frank C. Churchill, a group of civil engineers, and unidentified others, including Pueblo Indians. The majority of the photographs are of various pueblos in New Mexico, focusing on views and structures, including the mission churches.
Abstract The majority of the photographs relate to New Mexico and its history.
Abstract Photographs from the Gallup Indian Ceremonial during the years 1920-1970.
Dates: 1920s - 1970s; Majority of material found in 1953
Abstract The collection contains photographs compiled by Grace Thompson Edmister, musician, teacher, and director of the Albuquerque Civic Symphony later named New Mexico Symphony Orchestra.
Abstract Jaffa, Prager & Co. store in Roswell, New Mexico, 1886-1887.
Abstract This collection includes faded photographs of a road being built in the desert of New Mexico.
Identifier: PAC 060
Scope and Content Collections consists of several thousand images in print, negative, color slide format and some film reels.
Dates: 1938 - 1991; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract Photographs of the southwest, Grant County, and Goforth family photographs.
Dates: 1917 - 1945
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 24
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 10
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 4
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 1
- Photographs 25
- New Mexico -- Photographs 7
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Photographs 4
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Photographs 4
- History -- New Mexico -- Photographs 3
- Indians of North America -- Photographs 3
- Missions -- New Mexico -- Photographs 3
- Negatives (Photographs) 3
- Postcards 3
- Taos (N.M.) -- Photographs 3
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Photographs 2
- Aerial photographs 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 2
- Architecture, Domestic -- New Mexico -- Photographs 2
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- Buildings -- New Mexico – Albuquerque -- Photographs 2
- Cabinet photographs 2
- California -- Photographs 2
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Photographs 2
- Contact sheets 2
- Correspondence 2
- Film negatives 2
- Military camps--New Mexico--Photographs 2
- New Mexico -- Photographs. 2
- Panoramic photographs 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Photographic postcards 2
- Photographs--United states--Southwest region 2
- Physicians -- New Mexico -- Photographs 2
- Pueblos -- New Mexico -- Photographs 2
- Roads -- Design and construction -- New Mexico -- Photographs 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 2
- Schools -- New Mexico -- Photographs 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico -- Photographs 2
- United States Army--History--Punitive Expedition into Mexico, 1916--Photographs 2
- Universities and colleges -- Photographs 2
- Zuni Indians -- Pictorial works 2
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 1
- Adobe houses -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Advertising 1
- Albums 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Annual reports 1
- Apache Indians -- Photographs 1
- Architects and patrons -- New Mexico -- 20th century 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Artists -- Exhibitions -- New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Artists' materials -- Pictorial works 1
- Aztecs -- Pictorial works 1
- Bandelier National Monument N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Belen (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Black-and-white negatives 1
- Black-and-white slides 1
- Block printing – New Mexico – 20th century 1
- Books - New Mexico - History 1
- Borderlands -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Building, adobe -- New Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Camp Cody (N.M.) 1
- Carte de visite photographs 1
- Case files 1
- Celebrities -- Photographs 1
- Cheyenne Indians 1
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Chromolithography 1
- Cities and town--U.S. states--New Mexico--Photographs 1
- Cities and towns -- New Mexico -- Photographs. 1
- Cities and towns--U.S. states--New Mexico--Photographs 1
- Cityscape photographs -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Clippings 1
- Cochiti (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- College buildings--New Mexico--Photographs 1
- College buildings--New Mexico-Photographs 1
- College students -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Color slides 1
- Color transparencies 1
- Colorado -- Photographs 1
- Concert -- New Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Conductors (Music) -- New Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Correctional institutions -- New Mexico 1
- Cowboys -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Cowboys -- Photographs 1
- Criminal justice, Administration of -- New Mexico 1
- Crosses -- Photographs 1
- Crypto-Jews -- Photographs 1
- Dawson (N.M.) -- History 1
- Dawson (N.M.) -- Periodicals 1
- Dawson (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- El Morro National Monument (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Entertainers -- Photographs 1
- Ethnic Press -- New Mexico 1
- Executive departments -- New Mexico 1
- Floor plans -- 20th century 1
- Folklorists -- New Mexico -- Photographs 1
- Frijoles Canyon (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Frontier and pioneer life--New Mexico 1
- Gallup (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Geology -- New Mexico -- Photographs 1 ∧ less
- English 38
- Undetermined 2
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Meem, John Gaw, 1894-1983 2
- Ahkeah, Sam, 1896-1967 1
- Albright Art Parlors (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Albright, Emma L., 1852 - 1912 1
- American Association of University Women. New Mexico Division 1
- American Railway Express Agency 1
- Ann Baumann Trust 1
- Baumann, Ann, 1927-2011 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Baumann, Jane Henderson, 1892-1984 1
- Chase, D. B. (Dana B.), 1848-1897 1
- Cobos, Rubén 1
- Cullum, Kate H. 1
- Davey, Randall, 1887-1964 1
- Davis, Wyatt, 1906-1984 1
- Detroit Photographic Co 1
- Edmister, Grace Thompson, 1890-1984 1
- Garrett, Pat F. (Pat Floyd), 1850-1908 1
- Hall, Douglas Kent, 1938-2008 1
- Harvey, Fred 1
- Herz, Cary, 1947-2008 1
- Jackson, John Brinckerhoff, 1909-1996 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- Kanesta, Elaine 1
- Meem & McCormick (firm) 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- Robb, J. D. (John Donald), 1892-1989 1
- Taptuka, Clarence 1
- Tingley, Carrie Wooster, 1877-1961 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- University of New Mexico 1
- Warren, Nancy Hunter, 1932-2019 1
- Wendall, Frank 1
- Werntz, Carl, 1874-1944 1
- Wollner, Carl 1
- Wright's Trading Post (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Wright, Charles, 1878-1937 1 ∧ less