Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Scope and Content Collection consists of official and personal papers of Governor Ross. Includes letters sent and received, a letterpress book, appointments, proclamations and circulars, legislative papers, reports to the Governor, reports from the Governor to the U.S. Secretary of the Interior, expense reports, and penal papers. Materials relating to public lands in New Mexico, taxation of Pueblo Indian lands, conflicts between cattle and sheep interests in Rio Arriba County, construction of a new state...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Curry. Includes letters sent and received, appointments, resignations and removals, proclamations, letterpress books, reports, and penal papers. Some materials relate to Curry's unsuccessful attempt to secure the return of Spanish archives of New Mexico that were transferred to the Library of Congress in 1903. Collection also includes official correspondence of J.W. Raynolds, who served as Interim Governor from April to August 1907, the period...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Hagerman. Includes letters sent and received, appointments, resignations and removals, a letterpress book, proclamations, reports, and penal papers. Some of the materials relate to issues such as public lands, the Las Vegas Reclamation Project, and the El Paso and Southwestern Railroad. Also within the collection are materials concerning charges against Quay County District Attorney M.C. Mechem and Socorro County District Attorney Elfego Baca,...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Mills. Correspondence contains letters received and letterbooks of communications sent. Official papers include appointments, proclamations and orders. Reports to the governor contain those of territorial officers as well as of the Historical Society of New Mexico, St. Vincent Hospital and Orphanage, the Sisters of Loretto, and some local relief societies. Special reports contain files on the activation of the National Guard to Taos (1910), the...
Scope and Content As of 1997 collection consists of records of the New Mexico Attorney General and the New Mexico Solicitor General (1892-1995). Includes case files, administrative correspondence, annual reports, legal opinions, letterpress copybooks, financial documents, extraditions, and various legal documents. Materials in the collection concern both general issues such as civil rights and consumer protection, and specific matters such as the 1980 riot at the state penitentiary, and the activities of Alianza...
- Governors --New Mexico 4
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 4
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 4
- Pardon --New Mexico 4
- Proclamations 4
- Territorial records 4
- Reports 3
- Addresses 2
- Public lands --New Mexico 2
- Archives --New Mexico 1
- Attorneys general --New Mexico 1
- Circulars 1
- Civil rights --New Mexico 1
- Consumer protection --New Mexico 1
- Financial records 1
- Law --New Mexico 1
- Legal documents 1
- Legal files 1
- New Mexico -- History 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- New Mexico --Capital and capitol 1
- New Mexico --Officials and employees.Territorial records 1
- Prison riots --New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Pueblo Indians --Taxation--New Mexico 1
- Ranching --New Mexico--Rio Arriba County 1
- State government records 1
- Water resources development -- New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- El Paso and Southwestern Railroad Company 1
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1907-1911 : Curry) 1