Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 73
Identifier: AC 001-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of photocopies of a handwritten history and other documents involving the Abeyta family of Abeytas, New Mexico. The items are apparently from a "manual" for family members with sections on behavior at home and at school, vices and virtues, and education. Other sections contain religious verses, medicinal remedies, a record of family births and deaths, and a text of the folk play Los Postores, often performed during the Christmas season. Material is both in English and in...
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Abstract This collection consists of a scrapbook documenting the Public Affairs Forums held in Albuquerque in 1938 and 1939. The forums were created by the U.S. Office of Education as a vehicle for adult education about civic matters. This program was tied in with Works Progress Administration and New Deal initiatives.
Identifier: MSS King Alice
Abstract The collection consists of the personal materials of Alice Martin King wife of three-time New Mexico Governor Bruce King (1971-1974; 1979-1982; 1991-1994). This collection is devoted almost exclusively to her official capacity as the First Lady of New Mexico. While there is a small amount of material from the first term, the majority of documents are concentrated on the second term and to a much greater degree on the third term when she played a much more significant role.
Dates: 1971-1994; Majority of material found within 1980-1994
Found in: UNM School of Law Library
Scope and Content Collection consists of correspondence, personal papers, manuscripts, genealogies, and clippings. Subjects include New Mexican customs and folklore, land grants and titles, and prominent figures in New Mexico history. Other topics include Chaves and Ortiz family histories, the 1680 Pueblo Revolt, and New Mexicos school system. Notable correspondents are Charles F. Lummis, B.W. "Win Page, Katharine Chaves Page, and Stephen B. Elkins. This collection was transferred from the Museum of New Mexico...
Identifier: AC 166
Scope and Content Collection consists of the scrapbooks of New Mexico Governor Arthur Seligman, 1930-1933. Clippings represent newspapers throughout New Mexico and reflect the activities of Seligman as governor. Subjects include; politics, pardons, education, official appointments, veterans, the economy, the National Recovery Administration, and other related topics. The collection is rich in clippings pertaining to the National Miners' Union Strike of 1933 in Gallup, New Mexico.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Scope and Content This collection consists of the research materials, collected data, publications and reports used and generated in conjunction with the Barelas Community Project. Video and audio taped interviews, questionnaires, sociometric surveys, and information secured from informants are included in the collection. Box 1 contains most of the printed data and research, including the project proposal, surveys, and reports. A copy of Los Bareleños de Albuquerque,...
Dates: 1877-1985; Majority of material found in 1973-1974
Scope and Content Collection consists of land records (1829-1929) and personal, financial, and professional papers of the A.M. Bergere family and its extended families, the Oteros and the Lunas of Los Lunas, New Mexico (1855-1967). Land records include conveyances and information regarding the Bartolome Baca Land Grant, the Antonio Sandoval Land Grant, the Perea Land Grant, the Tome Land Grant, and the Chilili Land Grant. Financial records contain deeds, correspondence regarding the estate of Eloisa Luna de...
Identifier: MSS KING
Abstract The collection contains the personal collection of former New Mexico Governor Bruce King, with significant portions of the collection representing the involvement of his wife, Alice Martin King, in state politics.
Dates: 1961-1997; Majority of material found within 1978-1994
Found in: UNM School of Law Library
Abstract This collection contains writings from and materials relating to the Chicano activist, Carlos Cansino. Cansino was active with the Los Duranes Community Improvement Association in Albuquerque and La Alianza Federal de Pueblos Libres, as well as Chicano organizing in Wisconsin, Minnesota and Texas.
Dates: 1966-2011 (bulk 1966-1970)
Identifier: MSS -641-BC
Abstract This collection contains papers of Caroline Schmidt and her sister Margaret, covering their teaching careers and education in New Mexico. It also includes political campaign material from New Mexico elections in the 1940's.
Scope and Content This collection consists of seven (7) interviews, five of which are recorded on six (6), ninety-minute cassette tapes. The interviews were conducted by Mario A. R. Carreon with the following individuals: Johnny Arzola, Juan Castanoa, Maria Gutierrez-Spencer, David Maestas, Luis Nolasco, Mike M. Ordaz, and Saul Ramos. There are tape logs for all interviews, however, there are no original cassette tapes for interviews with Johnny Arzola and Juan Castanoa. The collection also contains background...
Dates: 1965-1991 ( bulk, 1991)
Scope and Content The collection is divided into 16 overlapping series, and also includes an oversized folder. There is some duplication of series, reflecting multiple processing efforts over time. The series breakdown is as follows: I. Historical documents of New Mexico and the West: diaries, manuscripts, correspondence, transcriptions, printed matter, business records and other papers, mostly relating to NM territorial history. Material from New Mexico Secretary of the Territory (MSS 25 SC)...
Abstract This collection contains both national and state organizational information, as well as substantial information about civil rights issues defended by LULAC.
Dates: 1996-2001; Majority of material found within 1998-1999
Abstract This collection contains documents relating to the Córdova v. Vaughn Municipal School District case in which Nadine and Patsy Córdova were fired for insubordination and for teaching "racist, inappropriate and disruptive" curricula. This collection includes reports, depositions, court exhibits, interview transcripts, examples of student work, and other miscellaneous documents.
Scope and Content The East Mountain Oral History Project collection consists of interviews conducted by Joyce Mendel with the following residents: Jose Candelaria, Bob Cooper, Adilia Garcia, Leandro Garcia, Barbara Herrera, Tom Herrera, Bill Loudon, Andres Mora, Antonia Mora, Dorela Perea, David Salazar, Jacquelyn Schaefer, M. Zanettie and Vicki Scoresone. The interviews are in a combination of English and Spanish languages. The collection also includes a tape of reminiscences from Alejandro Herrera, recorded in...
Dates: 1908-2001 (bulk, 1989-1996)
Abstract This collection contains photographs of Albuquerque High students, and facilities, many landscapes, and cityscapes, and other photographs mainly dealing with education and geology.
Abstract This collection contains items written by and about teacher Eldred R. Harrington of Albuquerque, New Mexico, as well as other memorabilia from E. R. Harrington's library and collections.
Scope and Content The José Felipe Chaves collection is made up of 3 boxes containing family and business correspondence; business and political papers; indexed letter books, business journals, as well as miscellaneous books and journals; account books, school attendance books, and legal documents. The time span covered by this collection is 1739-1937. Many of the important names of Chaves' time are contained within the collection including correspondence with Bishop Lamy. The collection is divided into general...
Dates: 1739-1937 (bulk, 1850-1937)
Abstract This collection contains the papers of Gloria Montoya Chavez, a student, administrator, writer, and advocate for Chicano/a and other minority issues. These papers deal with professional, personal, and political struggle within the University of New Mexico’s Chicano Studies and Chicano Student Services, also known as Hispanic Student Services, and in the surrounding community.
Scope and Content Pamphlet prepared by the Indian Rights Association. (Box 1, Folder 7). This collection focuses on Pueblo Indian legal issues that Francis Wilson was involved with as a private attorney, following his tenure as U.S. Attorney for the Pueblo Indians. Government publications on Pueblo Indian lands, prohibition, irrigation, and Indian schools form the bulk of this collection. Additionally, there is a transcript of the New Mexico Supreme Court Case,...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the political and private papers of Lusk that relate to the 80th Congress (1947-1948), the Veterans' Affairs Committee (1947-1955), War Claims Commission (1947-1953), and education in New Mexico (1931-1958). Included are ten scrapbooks pertaining to her tenure as Superintendent of Public Instruction for the state of New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of official and personal papers of Governor Wallace. Reports include one report from Wallace to the Secretary of the Interior discussing New Mexico's economy, agriculture, education, minerals, and problems (1879) and a second report from Wallace to the Legislative Assembly (1880). Penal papers consist of pardons, commutations, reprieves, remissions of fines, requisitions for extraditions to and from New Mexico, and death warrants. Wallace's personal papers include letters...
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Dillon. Includes correspondence with and reports from various state agencies concerning a broad range of issues such as education, hospitals, conservation of natural resources, and highways, as well as materials relating to investigations of A.R. Manby's death, and the conduct of San Miguel County officials, including Francisco Quintana. Also within the collection are materials concerning the Colorado River Commission, Historical Society of New...
Scope and Content The Albuquerque Indian Boarding School photograph album includes approximately 180 photographs, labeled by Heinrich Shultz. Photographs depict students, classes, teachers, buildings, and athletes Most photos relate to the Albuquerque Indian School, however there are several that depict Zuni Day School.
Scope and Content This collection of 177 items, dated 1839-1932 with the bulk covering 1881-1887, focuses primarily on the Ladd family, their friends and colleagues, the Ramona School, and the University of New Mexico at Santa Fe. Ladd's autobiographical notes and diary, covering 1881-1884, concern the founding of the University of New Mexico at Santa Fe and the Ramona School. The correspondence mostly concerns raising funds for the University of New Mexico at Santa Fe, and contains letters in support of Indian...
Dates: 1879-1932 (bulk 1881-1887)
- Subject: Education -- New Mexico X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 47
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 11
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 8
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 2
- UNM School of Law Library 2
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- UNM Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center 1 ∧ less
- Education -- New Mexico 12
- Photographs 12
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 11
- Clippings 9
- Education--New Mexico 8
- Governors -- New Mexico 6
- Letters 6
- Multicultural education -- New Mexico 6
- Mural painting and decoration 6
- Sound recordings 6
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 5
- Mexican Americans -- Education -- New Mexico 5
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 5
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 5
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 5
- Oral histories 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- Education, Bilingual -- New Mexico 4
- Minutes (Records) 4
- Addresses 3
- Annual reports 3
- Education --New Mexico 3
- Indians of North America -- Education -- New Mexico -- History 3
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 3
- LULAC papers 3
- Land grants -- New Mexico 3
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 3
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights -- New Mexico 3
- Mexican Americans -- Politics and government 3
- Multicultural education--New Mexico 3
- Political campaigns -- New Mexico 3
- State government records 3
- Vocational education -- New Mexico 3
- Affirmative action programs 2
- Albumen prints 2
- Boarding Schools -- New Mexico -- History 2
- Certificates 2
- Civil rights movements -- United States -- History -- 20th century 2
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 2
- Education -- New Mexico -- History 2
- Education, Bilingual--New Mexico 2
- Extradition -- New Mexico 2
- Financial records 2
- Fort Union National Monument (N.M.) 2
- Governors --New Mexico 2
- Hispanic American neighborhoods -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Hispanic American women -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America -- Education 2
- Indians of North America -- Education -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America--Education--New Mexico 2
- Interviews 2
- Latin Americans -- United States 2
- Mexican American college students -- Political activity -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican American college students--Political activity--New Mexico 2
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights 2
- Mexican Americans -- Education (Higher) -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican Americans -- Education -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Mexican Americans -- Ethnic identity 2
- Mexican Americans -- New Mexico -- History 2
- Mexican Americans -- New Mexico -- Silver City 2
- Mexican Americans--Ethnic identity 2
- Minority college students -- New Mexico 2
- Navajo Indians -- Education 2
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Political activists -- New Mexico 2
- Politicians -- New Mexico 2
- Proclamations 2
- Programs 2
- Publications 2
- Pueblo Indians -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Pueblos -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Reports 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) --Social life and customs 2
- Student movements -- New Mexico 2
- Student movements--New Mexico 2
- Territorial records 2
- Abeytas (N.M.) -- History 1
- Abeytas (N.M.) -- Religious life and customs 1
- Abeytas (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Abstracts 1
- Account books 1
- Activity Programs in education -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Adult Education -- Puerto Rico 1
- Adult education--New Mexico--Albuquerque 1
- Aerial photographs 1
- Affidavits 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico -- Taos County 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Parks 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Alcohol -- Law and Legislation- - New Mexico 1
- Antonio Baca Grant (N.M.) 1
- Antonio Martinez Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Antonio Sandoval Land Grant (N.M.) 1 ∧ less
- English 70
- Undetermined 28
- Spanish; Castilian 8
- Navajo; Navaho 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 3
- Democratic Party (N.M.) 2
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 2
- Hagerman, Herbert J. (Herbert James), 1871-1935 2
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 2
- New Mexico. Department of Education 2
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 2
- Tijerina, Reies 2
- Tireman, L. S. (Loyd Spencer), 1896-1959 2
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 2
- Anaya, Toney, 1941- 1
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 1
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- Dillon, Richard Charles, 1877-1966 1
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Historical Society of New Mexico 1
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- Jackson, William Henry, 1843-1942 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- Movimiento Estudiantil Chicano de Aztlán (Vaughn, N.M.) 1
- New Mexico (Battleship) 1
- New Mexico. Coronado Cuarto Centennial Commission 1
- New Mexico. Governor (1927-1930 : Dillon) 1
- Shultz, Heinrich 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 1
- Zimmerman, James Fulton, 1887-1944 1
- Zuni Day School (Zuni, N.M.) 1 ∧ less