Abeyta Family Collection
Identifier: AC 001-P
Scope and Content
Collection consists of photocopies of a handwritten history and other documents involving the Abeyta family of Abeytas, New Mexico. The items are apparently from a "manual" for family members with sections on behavior at home and at school, vices and virtues, and education. Other sections contain religious verses, medicinal remedies, a record of family births and deaths, and a text of the folk play Los Postores, often performed during the Christmas season. Material is both in English and in Spanish.
Language of Materials
English, and Spanish.
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Abeyta Family Collection, 1807-1943
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 001-P::Abeyta Family Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac001-p.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.