Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 35
Abstract Examples of artwork created using the ART 1 program designed by UNM professors Katherine Nash and Richard H. Williams.
Abstract The Boehning & Boehning/Boehning, Protz, Cook & Associates Architectural Drawings and Plans collection contains architectural drawings and plans, primarily of public buildings in Albuquerque and several other New Mexico cities.
Abstract The Channell Graham Drawings and Plans Collection contains 80 sets of architectural drawings and plans, designed by architect Channell Graham and the firm of Pacheco and Graham during the 1960s-1970s. The plans consist of public, educational; religious and commercial buildings; residences; state parks; and pueblo and mission historical restorations in New Mexico, Colorado and South Dakota.
Dates: 1920-1983; Majority of material found within 1960-1983
Abstract Art and promotional pieces from Choque Cultural Gallery in São Paulo, Brazil.
Identifier: AC 045
Scope and Content Collection consists of one undated notebook of pencil drawings attributed to a Coeur d'Alene Indian depicting people and Catholic symbols; one photostat copy of the notebook; and one 1908 letter to Edgar Hewett from Mrs. C. K. Smith, who donated the notebook to the U.S. Bureau of Ethnology. According to Mrs. Smith, the notebook was given to her husband in 1897 by a Coeur d'Alene (or Skitswish) Indian named "Bazil," who was an associate of Father De Smet. De Smet established several Catholic...
Identifier: SWA Cornerstones Community Partnerships Drawings
Abstract The Cornerstones Community Partnerships Drawings and Plans Collection contains architectural drawings and plans for historic restoration, additions and new construction of adobe structures located in New Mexico and Texas. These structures include churches, missions, libraries, kivas, bath houses, museums, city hall buildings, school houses, mortuaries and residential buildings.
Dates: 1938-2008; Majority of material found within 1990-2006
Abstract The Craig Campbell Landscape Architectural Drawings and Plans collection contains landscape architectural drawings and plans for commercial, government, and historical sites in New Mexico.
Abstract Photographs of Hispanic and Indian peoples, landscapes, and cultural life of New Mexico from the 1920s to approximately 1945.
Identifier: SWA-Spencer Vorhees-Drawings
Abstract The Spencer Vorhees Architectural Drawings and Plans Collection includes architectural drawings and plans for two residences in Roswell, New Mexico (1937-1939), and Trinidad State Jr. College in Trinidad, Colorado.
Abstract The collection primarily contains correspondence, illustrated letters, projects, and publications about Jensen's work.
Dates: 1916-2019; Majority of material found within 1972-2010
Scope and Content This collection contains Pradt's field notebooks, survey notes, maps, drawings, and a small amount of personal ephemera. Box 1 contains field notebooks and logs, 1882-1911. Box 2 contains texts on surveying. Box 3 contains field maps, drawings, and survey notes, arranged by township and range. Box 3 also contains one folder with personal correspondence, certificates, and documents. An oversized folder of maps is itemized at the end of the accompanying inventory. Much of the data in...
Abstract The George S. Wright Architectural Drawings and Plans collection contains architectural drawings and plans of residential, commercial and educational buildings, designed by George S. Wright and by the firm George S. Wright and Associates between 1949-1973. Most buildings are located in New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 196-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a 13 page typescript by Sands describing a trip to the Gila Cliff Dwellings in 1885, and five pencil and ink drawings of the Gila Cliff Dwellings and surrounding areas by Sands.
Abstract The Hal Dean Drawings and Plans collection includes drawings and plans primarily for “public use" buildings, which were a specialty of the firms Dean, Hunt, and Associates; and Dean, Kruger and Associates. These structures include libraries, university and secondary schools, health care facilities, office buildings and community centers in addition to many commercial structures.
Identifier: AC 370
Scope and Content The Collection includes nineteen original drawings of the guards at the Japanese American Internment Camp in Santa Fe, New Mexico, and of a prisoner of war camp in Seagoville, Texas done by Harold (Hal) E. West (1902-1968). There is a book entitled "A Local Santa Fe Bystander's View of the War Years and of the Japanese Internment Camp, 1941-1945" catalogued separately. Collection contains original drawings, copy of the book, and photographs, correspondence, and articles on Hal West and Jerry...
Dates: 1941-2002; 1941-1999; 1941-2002
Abstract The Harvey S Hoshour Architectural Drawings and Plans collection consists of sets of drawings and plans for buildings designed by Harvey S. Hoshour, Design & Construction, New York (1961-1962); Harvey S. Hoshour, Architect AIA, Albuquerque (1962-I982) and Hoshour & Pearson Architects, Albuquerque (1982-1988).
Abstract Job files, presentation boards, shop drawings, proposals, correspondence, and bibliographic information for Albuquerque architect Harvey Hoshour.
Abstract The Rapp, Rapp and Hendrickson Architectural Drawings and Plans collection contains architectural drawings and plans for buildings located in Trinidad, Colorado; and Las Vegas, Santa Fe, Albuquerque, and Roswell, New Mexico.
Identifier: SWA JGM Drawings CSWR Microfilm NA737 M438 J64
Abstract The John Gaw Meem Drawings and Plans consist of architectural drawings, including floor plans, elevations, preliminary sketches, site surveys, details, and perspectives. Designs for residences, churches, school buildings, and commercial structures are included, many of them fashioned in the Pueblo Revival and Territorial Styles that are popular in the Southwest.
Abstract The John W. McHugh Architectural Drawings and Plans Collection includes architectural drawings, plans and perspectives by John McHugh and several architects he was associated with, such as Van Dorn Hooker and Bradley P. Kidder. It includes multiple custom residences, commercial offices, recreational spaces, university facilities, and religious buildings in New Mexico and Arizona. Notable projects include the Soccoro Theater and Conference Center, the churches for San Ildefonso and Santa Clara...
Abstract Photograph collection consists of pictures of the Stinson and Otero families and pictures related to aviation and to World Wars I and II.
Identifier: AC 423
Scope and Content The collection consists of eleven pen-and-ink drawings depicting military life as seen through the eyes of volunteer soldier Lachlan Allan MacLean. These drawings are unique in that they are a visual narrative of one of the notable and colorful facets of the Mexican War (1846-1848). The drawings include an informal portrait of Private John W.H. Patton after battle; the head of a black tailed deer; a wayside grave with a cross; a carreta (cart); Mexicans carrying water in a large wooden bucket;...
Abstract The Hesselden Architectural Drawings and Plans Collection contains architectural drawings and plans for new construction, additions, renovations and interior architecture located in Albuquerque, Grants, Los Lunas, Tyrone, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Belen, Canoncito, Taos, and Corrales, New Mexico, as well as one project in Princeton, New Jersey and another in Window Rock, Arizona. These structures include: schools, churches, single-family residences, apartments, town developments, public service...
Identifier: SWA Wool Warehouse Remodeling Drawings
Abstract This collection is composed of twenty eight architectural drawings/sketches that detail plans to convert the historic Wool Warehouse in Albuquerque, New Mexico to a theater and restaurant.
Abstract MS013 consists of materials originating from the New Mexico Indian Education Association's administrative and publication activities.
Dates: 1981-2009; Majority of material found in 1990-1995
Found in: Institute of American Indian Arts
- Subject: Drawing X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 27
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 7
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- Drawing 28
- Architects 18
- Architecture -- New Mexico 13
- Architecture, Domestic -- New Mexico 8
- Architecture--Designs and plans 8
- Photographs 5
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Designs and plans 4
- Architectural drawing 3
- Architectural drawings -- New Mexico 3
- Buildings -- New Mexico 3
- Church buildings -- New Mexico 3
- Public buildings -- New Mexico 3
- Pueblo Revival 3
- Architecture -- Designs and Plans -- New Mexico 2
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th Century -- Southwest, New 2
- Architecture, Modern -- 20th century 2
- Bank buildings -- New Mexico 2
- Building plans 2
- Prints 2
- Academic dissertations 1
- Acoma (N.M.) 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Architecture -- Designs and plans 1
- Adobe Technology 1
- Adobe buildings 1
- Adobe churches--New Mexico—Designs and plans 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Buildings -- Conservation and preservation 1
- Apache Indians 1
- Architects -- New Mexico 1
- Architectural design -- New Mexico 1
- Architectural drawing -- Southwest, New 1
- Architectural drawing -- Southwest, New Mexico 1
- Architectural drawings 1
- Architecture -- Colorado -- Trinidad 1
- Architecture -- Nevada 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Roswell 1
- Architecture -- Southwest, New 1
- Architecture -- Texas 1
- Architecture, Modern -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture, domestic -- New Mexico -- Designs and plans 1
- Arizona--Description and travel 1
- Art galleries -- Brazil -- São Paulo 1
- Art students -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Art--Indian--Southwest--New 1
- Artists -- Minnesota 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 -- Pictorial works 1
- Bones in art 1
- Bones--Drawings 1
- Book illustrations 1
- Building, Adobe--New Mexico—Designs and plans 1
- Buildings -- Colorado 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico 1
- Campus planning--New Mexico--Albuquerque 1
- Cebolleta Grant (N.M.) 1
- Christian art and symbolism 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico – Designs and plans 1
- Cliff-dwellings -- New Mexico 1
- Clippings 1
- Coeur d' Alene Indians -- Art 1
- Computer art 1
- Computer drawing 1
- Contractors--New Mexico 1
- Correspondence 1
- Curriculum Development 1
- Diaries 1
- Dissertations, Academic -- Art 1
- Dissett Mary E. -- Pictorial works 1
- Doniphan's Expedition, 1846-1847. 1
- Drawing -- Brazil 1
- Earthen homes 1
- Education--Bilingual--New Mexico 1
- Education--New Mexico 1
- Education--New Mexico--Cirricula 1
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- Arizona 1
- Family papers 1
- Fiction 1
- Financial 1
- Fort Moroni (Utah) -- Travel 1
- Genealogy 1
- Gila Cliff Dwellings National Monument (N.M.) 1
- Gothic revival (Architecture) -- New Mexico 1
- Graffiti artists -- Brazil 1
- Grant Writing 1
- Hantavirus 1
- Hispanic Americans 1
- Historic buildings -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Historic buildings—New Mexico—Designs and plans 1
- Hopi Indians -- Religion 1
- Hopi Indians -- Rites and cermonies 1
- Hotels -- Designs and plans 1
- Indian Art 1
- Indian Art--Southwest--New Mexico 1
- Indian art -- New Mexico 1
- Indian art -- Southwest, New 1
- Indians of North America -- Education 1
- Indians of North America -- Idaho 1
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 1 ∧ less
- English 33
- Undetermined 9
- Portuguese 1
- Wittick, Ben, 1845-1903 3
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis, 1886-1983 1
- Ellis, Bruce T., 1903- 1
- Flatow, Moore, Bryan & Fairburn 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 1
- Herrera, Velino 1
- Institute of American Indian Arts 1
- Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial Association 1
- Kabotie, Fred, 1900-1986 1
- New Mexico. Department of Education 1
- Nusbaum, Jesse L. (Jesse Logan), 1887-1975 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Stewart, Dorothy N. (Dorothy Newkirk), 1891-1955 1
- Stinson, Katherine, 1891-1977 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1
- University of New Mexico. Department of Facility Planning 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 1 ∧ less