Coeur d'Alene Indian Picture Book Collection,
Identifier: AC 045
Scope and Content
Collection consists of one undated notebook of pencil drawings attributed to a Coeur d'Alene Indian depicting people and Catholic symbols; one photostat copy of the notebook; and one 1908 letter to Edgar Hewett from Mrs. C. K. Smith, who donated the notebook to the U.S. Bureau of Ethnology. According to Mrs. Smith, the notebook was given to her husband in 1897 by a Coeur d'Alene (or Skitswish) Indian named "Bazil," who was an associate of Father De Smet. De Smet established several Catholic missions in Montana and Idaho.
Language of Materials
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
.2 Linear Feet
- Fray AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Guide to the Coeur d'Alene Indian Picture Book Collection, 18--
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- Â© 2000
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 045::Coeur d'Alene Indian Picture Book Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac045.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.