Showing Collections: 1 - 17 of 17
Scope and Content Collection consists of account books, three wholesale catalogues, one ranch ledger, a record book for the Acqueia de Anton Chico, a political scrapbook (ca. 1924), a survey map of the family property, and miscellaneous family papers. The three wholesale catalogues are from C.H. Hyer & Sons (Kansas), Hendrie & Bolthoff Co., and John Wyeth & Brother (Philadelphia).
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Abstract Records of [La] Acequia de Nuestra Senora de Belen (also referred to as Belen Ditch), Valencia County, from 1912-1963. Includes financial and employment records, correspondence, election ballots, legal papers, minutes, newspaper clippings, journals, ledgers and receipt books.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials relating to the Baca family of La Cienega, New Mexico. Series I consists of promissory notes, letters, contracts, and a land conveyance. Series II consists of promissory notes, letters, receipts, partido contracts (livestock contracts and chattel mortgages) and other documents involving either Ygnacio Baca or his son Juan Baca. Includes an 1846 inventory of Ygnacio Baca's estate. Series III consists primarily of documents involving Leonidas Baca...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of Dona Ana County, New Mexico (1852-1946). Included are the records of the county clerk (1852-1935), assessor (1870-1912), sheriff (1854-1923), county commission (1885-1916), justice of the peace (1863-1946), probate court (1859-1912), coroner (1864-1900), school superintendent (1876-1877), treasurer (1864-1913), road supervisor (1896, 1902), and the board of horticultural commissioners (1892). County Clerk's records include registers of deeds, brands,...
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of Fiske's professional papers. Series I consists of various legal documents, including a contract retaining Fiske as defense attorney in the trial of James G. Whitney for the murder of Manuel B. Otero, and 67 pages of testimony from the case of Edward Miller v. Alphonso Dockweiler over water rights involving the Rio Tesuque, Acequia Madre, and Acequia del Medio in northern New Mexico. Series II consists of legal documents, deeds, land conveyances, and other...
Dates: 1840-1968 (bulk 1840-1909)
Abstract Land records for Belen, New Mexico inherited, purchased, or sold by Julian Tafoya family.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of Lincoln County, New Mexico (1869-1932). Included are records of the county clerk (1869-1912), assessor (1870-1912), auditor (1875), treasurer (1883-1932), sheriff (1875-1897), county commissioners (1889-1912), justice of the peace (1876-1904), probate court (1870-1920), and miscellaneous records. Clerks records include poll and tally books, voter lists, election records, mining records, and registers of bonds, deeds, and marriages. Miscellaneous records...
Identifier: AC 135-P
Scope and Content Receipts and legal documents involving various members of the Lobato Family of Albuquerque.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Scope and Content Collection consists of records and correspondence from Manuel Sanchez's law practice. Includes case files, carbon copies of letters sent and legal documents, clients' letters received, briefs, and law reports and related material on a wide range of subjects.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Dates: 1802-1969 (bulk, 1920-1950)
Abstract Headquartered in Albuquerque, New Mexico, the Middle Rio Grande Conservancy District serves portions of Sandoval, Bernalillo, Valencia, and Socorro Counties. Records include official minutes from 1925 to1952, a 1940 economic survey, photographs from the 1930s-1940s and a videotaped documentary from the 1980s.
Dates: 1925-ca. 1985; 1925-ca. 1985; Majority of material found in 1925-1952
Scope and Content Collection consists of case files and a variety of documents such as wills, deeds, and estate records from legal cases handled by Laughlin. Series I includes materials on homestead claims and businesses such as the Globe Land Co. and the La Fonda Hotel. Series II includes materials on acequias and water rights, banks (including the First National Bank of Santa Fe and the Santa Fe Bank), mining companies (including the Rio Arriba Coal Co.), and the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Co. Series III...
Scope and Content As of 1999 collection consists of records of the New Mexico State Auditor and its predecessors the Auditor and Territorial Auditor (1846-1998). Territorial records (1846-1912) include annual reports, administrative correspondence, financial records documenting court expenses and payments for bounties, reports on indigents and orphans, bonds for sheriffs and tax collectors bonds, and records of equalization taxes and rebates. Statehood records (1912-1998) include annual reports, and audit...
Content Note As of 2000 collection consists of records of the New Mexico State Engineer, its predecessor the Territorial Engineer, and the Interstate Stream Commission, which is a statutorily separate agency coordinated and directed by the State Engineer (1888-1992). Includes biennial reports (1932-1978), one annual report from 1979, minutes, legal documents, publications, and ledger books. Most of the records concern water rights, water conservation, irrigation, flood control, and water resources. Includes...
Abstract This collection of oral interviews sheds light on the history and culture of El Cerrito, N.M., with particular attention to water, agriculture and the acequia.
Abstract Photographs related to life and the maintenance of the village acequia (irrigation ditch) in El Cerrito, New Mexico. The photographs were taken between 1992 and 2003. Photos show people, landscapes, work, agriculture, homes, churches, and other aspects of village life in the northern New Mexican Spanish land grant village of El Cerrito.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of James J. Shuler and Oscar E. Berninghaus. Series I consists primarily of Shuler's professional papers as a doctor, businessman, and Mayor in Raton, New Mexico. Much of the collection consists of letters sent by Shuler to various individuals concerning topics such as real estate, mining, irrigation, his medical practice, the New Mexico Municipal League, the Panama-California Exposition of 1915, and civic improvement projects in Raton. Some of the major...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of the Suaso family of Embudo, New Mexico. Includes land conveyances (1751-1801), wills of Josefa Martin (1786) and Juan Antonio Suaso (1818), and a petition made by Josefa Martin for the protection of her childrens inheritance rights to an acequia (1786). Also within the collection are fragments of documents involving a land dispute between Diego Antonio Duran and Juan Cordova (1826), a note by Governor Juan Bautista de Anza regarding a decree directed at...
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 11
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 3
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 2
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Wills 7
- Water rights -- New Mexico 6
- Account books 5
- Conveyances 4
- Deeds 4
- Ditches -- New Mexico 4
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico 4
- Legal files 4
- Contracts 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 3
- Administrative agencies -- New Mexico 2
- Agriculture -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 2
- Annual reports 2
- Bonds (legal records) 2
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 2
- El Cerrito (N.M.) 2
- Family papers 2
- Flood control -- New Mexico 2
- Irrigation -- New Mexico 2
- Judicial records 2
- Land grants -- New Mexico 2
- Legal documents 2
- Local government -- Records 2
- Map 2
- Minutes (Records) 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 2
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- Piedra Lumbre Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Reports 2
- State government records 2
- Tax records 2
- Territorial records 2
- Voting registers 2
- Water -- Law and legislation 2
- Water -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 2
- Abstracts 1
- Acequia Madre (N.M.) 1
- Acequia del Medio (N.M.) 1
- Acequia vieja de Belen 1
- Affidavits 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Anton Chico (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Antonio Martinez Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Antonio Sedilla Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Arroyo Hondo Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Audits 1
- Banks and banking -- New Mexico 1
- Belen (N.M.) 1
- Belen (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Brazitos Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Caja del Rio Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Canon de San Diego de Jemez Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 1
- Cieneguilla Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 1
- Conservation of natural resources --New Mexico 1
- Coroners -- New Mexico -- Dona Ana County 1
- Courts -- New Mexico 1
- Deed books 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- Dona Ana County 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- Embudo. 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- History -- Photographs. 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- La Cienega 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- Lincoln County 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- Valencia County 1
- Ditches --New Mexico 1
- Ditches New Mexico 1
- Ditches--New Mexico 1
- Ditches--New Mexico--Anton Chico 1
- Doña Ana County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Doña Ana County (N.M.) -- Politics and government 1
- Drought relief -- New Mexico 1
- Education--New Mexico 1
- El Agua es la Vida: A Village Life Portrait 1
- Embudo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Estate inventories 1
- Estate records 1
- Financial records 1
- Flood control --New Mexico 1
- General stores--New Mexico--Anton Chico 1
- Historic preservation -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 1
- Homestead law -- New Mexico 1
- Homestead law--New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America --Legal status, laws, etc.--New Mexico 1
- Irrigation -- New Mexico -- El Cerrito 1
- Irrigation --New Mexico 1
- Irrigation and canals and flumes New Mexico 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico -- Dona Ana County 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico -- History -- Photographs. 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico -- La Cienega 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico -- Lincoln County 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico -- Maintance and repair 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico --Embudo. 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes --New Mexico 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes--New Mexico--Anton Chico 1
- Irrigation districts -- New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 14
- Acequia de Nuestra Señora de Belén 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 1
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 1