Suaso Family Papers,
Scope and Content
Collection consists of the papers of the Suaso family of Embudo, New Mexico. Includes land conveyances (1751-1801), wills of Josefa Martin (1786) and Juan Antonio Suaso (1818), and a petition made by Josefa Martin for the protection of her childrens inheritance rights to an acequia (1786). Also within the collection are fragments of documents involving a land dispute between Diego Antonio Duran and Juan Cordova (1826), a note by Governor Juan Bautista de Anza regarding a decree directed at Truchas, New Mexico (1783), and an undated fragment of a law regarding marital disputes. Materials are in Spanish with English translations.
Language of Materials
English, and Spanish.
Limited duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
.25 Linear Feet
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives
- Archives and Historical Services Division
- 1205 Camino Carlos Rey
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87505
- Phone: 505-476-7908
- Fax: 505-476-7909
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: http://www.state.nm.us/cpr/ahsd_top.htm
- Inventory of the Suaso Family Papers, 1751-1826
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Kay Dorman
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//New Mexico State Records Center and Archives//TEXT (US::Nm-Ar::1960-041::Suaso Family Papers)//EN" "nmar1960-041.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.