Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
Collection — Box: 1
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 20
Scope and Contents Collection of 22 letters and note cards written to Anthony Kroll of Pasadena, CA from Gene Kloss from 1975 through 1995. Also includes a few print catalogues of the Collegium of Western Art for exhibitions in 1975 and 1980, a listing of Gene Kloss etchings available for purchase to Collegium members, miscellaneous Kloss biographical excerpts, and some biographical information and miscellany on Anthony Kroll.
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 7
Abstract This collection comprises approximately 11,000 photographs, the majority of which are E.I. Couse's original contact prints produced throughout his lifetime as well as later reprints, picture postcards, and a small amount of pre- and post-1936 photographs of family members, friends, and locations in and around Taos.
Dates: ca. 1880s-1990s
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 2
Abstract This collection consists of copies of historic documents, original writings, notes, correspondence, and research materials compiled by Dean A. Porter and relating to his research on the Taos Society of Artists with particular emphasis on Victor Higgins and Walter Ufer.
Dates: 1890s-2018; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 1
Abstract This collection comprises research notes, writings, correspondence, printed materials, photographs, slides, and memorabilia belonging to Elizabeth J. Cunningham and relating to her research on the life and work of the Taos artist, Ernest L. Blumenschein.
Dates: 1890s-2017; Majority of material found in 1890s-2017
Identifier: AC 354
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers of Ernest L. Blumenschein, including Blumenschein's correspondence; articles and clippings about him and his work, and biographical and genealogical information. Collection also contains copies of his letters to Ellis Butler Parker. Some of the material is contained in Blumenschein's scrapbooks. Additionally, collection holds financial and tax records, and ephemeral material such as driver's licences and passports. Inventory was produced at item level...
Identifier: AC 021-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a 13-page handwritten text of a speech given by Blumenschein in 1953 on the occasion of John Gaw Meem's induction as an honorary fellow of the School of American Research in Santa Fe, and five letters sent and one letter received by Blumenschein between 1946 and 1955.
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 16
Abstract This collection contains the papers of Michael Grauer and Julie Schimmel on their research regarding artists W. Herbert Dunton and Bert Geer Phillips. Both artists were founding members of the Taos Society of Artists.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1900 - 2008
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 3
Abstract This collection consists of copies of Robert R. White's diaries, biographical information, unpublished manuscripts, articles, essays, and ephemera.
Dates: 1947-2014; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 219
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials relating to the Taos Society of Artists and its members. Includes the constitution, by-laws, minutes, and reports of the Society; promotional materials and programs from various art exhibits; and materials concerning the Museum of New Mexico, which worked closely with the Society. This collection also contains a significant amount of correspondence involving members and associates of the Society, including Oscar Berninghaus, E. Irving Couse, Gerald Cassidy, Bert...
- Lunder Research Center 6
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 3
- Artist colonies -- New Mexico. 5
- New Mexico -- Taos. 4
- Painters -- New Mexico -- Taos. 4
- Art -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Art, American -- New Mexico -- Taos -- 20th century. 1
- Art, modern -- 20th Century -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Artists --New Mexico--Biography 1
- By-laws 1
- Clippings 1
- Constitutions 1
- Exhibition catalogs 1
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Hermanos Penitentes--New Mexico 1
- Minutes (Records) 1
- Painters -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Painting, Modern - 20th Century - New Mexico - Taos 1
- Painting, Modern - New Mexico - Taos 1
- Photographs 1
- Programs 1
- Reports 1
- Scrapbooks 1
- Taos (N.M.) - History 1
- Taos (N.M.) -- History 1
- Taos Pueblo, New Mexico. 1
- Taos Society of Artists -- Taos -- 20th Century 1 ∧ less
- English 8
- Undetermined 4
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 3
- Taos Society of Artists 3
- Blumenschein, Helen G. (Helen Greene), 1909-1989 2
- Blumenschein, Mary Shepard Greene, 1869-1958 2
- Meem, John Gaw, 1894-1983 2
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Berninghaus, Oscar E. (Oscar Edmund), 1874-1952 1
- Blumenschein family 1
- Butler, Ellis Parker, 1869-1937 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Jonson, Raymond, 1891-1982 1
- Kloss, Gene, 1903-1996 1
- Walter, Paul A. F. 1
- White, Robert R. (Robert Rankin), 1942- 1 ∧ less