Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 30
Abstract This collection contains the records of the Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice. It includes information on the history and structure of the organization and its work on issues including nuclear disarmament, nonviolence, solidarity with Central America, and military recruitment.
Dates: 1961-2010; Majority of material found within 1980-1989
Identifier: AC 544
Scope and Content The collection consists of diaries, journals, letters, personal and home expenses, social and charitable events, clubs and other organizations, childhood memorabilia, and photographs of the Hollenback family who lived in Pennsylvania, New York and New Mexico. NOTE: The family names and relationships in the genealogy folders (Box 1, Folders 1 and 2) of the Hollenback,Welles, and Beard families The original photographs are in the collections of the New Mexico Photo Archives (HP.2011.26). Most of...
Dates: 1820-1970; Majority of material found in 1880-1920
Abstract This collection documents the personal and professional life of Arthur Harold Johnson - singer, poet, novelist and curator of the Jonson Gallery on the University of New Mexico campus. Materials include correspondence, unpublished and published writings, photographs, newspaper clippings and music recital programs.
Dates: 1887-1980; Majority of material found within 1930-1970
Abstract The Bennett Hammer LGBT Collection includes materials from 1970 to 2017 and consists of news clippings, organizational documents, memorabilia, and publications.
Abstract This collection consists of samples of materials printed by the Press of the Palace of the Governors (Santa Fe, N.M.). Included are booklets, poetry, invitations, announcements, and assorted ephemera.
Identifier: AC 558-p
Scope and Content Two New Mexico drivers licenses for Dale Gunn of Los Alamos, 1950 and 1953. Dale Gunn was employed by the Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Dates: 1950; 1953
Abstract This collection contains the papers of Gloria Montoya Chavez, a student, administrator, writer, and advocate for Chicano/a and other minority issues. These papers deal with professional, personal, and political struggle within the University of New Mexico’s Chicano Studies and Chicano Student Services, also known as Hispanic Student Services, and in the surrounding community.
Scope and Content This is an ongoing collection of unique documents and ephemera related to general US history with various topics. It is an eclectic collection with discrete items. The original provenance and integrity of some of these items cannot be guaranteed.
Abstract Collection consists of ephemera related to George Orwell and his 1984 and Animal Farm works.
Abstract This collection contains George Clayton Pearl’s personal and business records. The business files contain project information from his professional projects with SMPC Architects along with projects he undertook on his own. These projects deal mainly with historic preservation issues in New Mexico along with new projects he took on after retirement from SMPC Architects. Also included are personal correspondence materials, personal items, sketch books and photographs.
Dates: 1890-2003; Majority of material found within , 1950-2003
Abstract The New Mexico Green Party records consist largely of correspondence, flyers and brochures, newspaper clippings, newsletters, agendas, budgets, meeting minutes, and audio/video recordings. Materials document the political activism of the Green Party in New Mexico and its connection to national politics, environmental activism, and social and ecological negotiations.
Dates: 1987-2002; Majority of material found within 1994-2000
Abstract The collection consists primarily of broadsides and other ephemera advertising music shows, dance classes, and grassroots fundraisers at various Santa Fe area venues.
Abstract Personal journals, sketchbooks, gallery and exhibition catalogs/publicity, records of sales and donations, and photographic materials constitute the bulk of the collection, which documents Harry Nadler’s career as an artist.
Dates: 1930-2016; Majority of material found within 1960-1990
Identifier: AC 238
Scope and Content Henry F. Wetter was Secretary of the Territory 1869-1872. Mrs. Wetter accompanied him to Santa Fe and the collection consists of her letters to her family in the East. There are 14 letters totaling 77 written pages, The letters describe conditions in Santa Fe and New Mexico during the period. Also included is a speech delivered by Mr. Wetter upon his return to Pennsylvania. The 58 page manuscript describes the natural resources, people, places and customs of New Mexico. Other memorabilia is...
Abstract Collection consists of Jere Krakow’s research materials as well as official records of the Fred Harvey Company, and related papers from other sources including family members.
Dates: 1858-2015; Majority of material found within 1920-1995
Abstract Ken Kamerman was the State Senator from the 20th District of New Mexico from 1987 to 1992. A local business administrator heavily involved in civic affairs and Republic Party politics, Senator Kamerman was a principled legislator who advocated against excessive taxation. The collection consists of legislation, memoranda, correspondence, press clippings, and business papers derived from Kamerman’s legislative and professional life.
Dates: 1956-1997; Majority of material found within 1989-1992
Abstract This collection of undated matchbooks are graphically notable and advertise businesses, primarily motels, on Route 66 from Chicago, Illinois to Santa Monica, California.
Dates: circa 1930-2006
Abstract The Nancy Tucker Pictorial Collection of Southwest Materials is comprised of photographs, postcards, and artwork of New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of materials relating to the New Mexico Sanctuary movement in general, and the Sanctuary Defense Committees involvement in the trial of Glen Remer-Thamert and Demetria Martinez. Includes pleadings, minutes, trial information, letters of support, newspaper clippings, newsletters, publicity and promotional materials, articles on Sanctuary, four black and white photographs of the defendants, and two VHS videocassettes of trial coverage by Channel 13 News of Albuquerque.
Abstract This collection of album pages from the family of Peter H. Goldsmith, contains black and white photos, postcards, ephemera, and periodical clippings from Goldsmith's work and travel throughout South America in 1916, primarily in Argentina, Brazil, Chile, Peru, Paraguay, and Uruguay.
Identifier: AC 172
Scope and Content Ruth Kelsey Diel Papers are arranged both topically and chronologically.
Abstract The collection contains Sandra Lynn’s research documents pertaining to historic lodgings throughout New Mexico. Included are research and site visit notes, brochures, clippings and articles, correspondence, as well as a small collection of memorabilia and ephemera and oral history interviews.
Dates: 1948-2009; Majority of material found within 1989-1999
Identifier: AC 346-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of one ribbon, one 1922 ticket and eight 1947 programs for track, basketball, and football.
Identifier: AC 541-p
Scope and Content 1930's era S.S. Columbus souvenir logbook, menu, passenger list, Certificate of having served on the S.S. Columbus (German Record for Julius Werner Prager), and 2 photographs. Also included are a 2011 El Palacio article "German Sailors on the High Desert - a World War II German Detainment Camp at Fort Stanton."
Identifier: AC 543
Scope and Content Collection contains historical information about the town of Cimarron, N.M., the Don Diego/St. James Hotel in Cimarron, and Rev. Thomas J. Tolby. Also included is a copy of 1879 Maxwell Land Grant Company.
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 19
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 10
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 1
- Clippings 13
- Photographs 12
- Letters 11
- Correspondence 6
- Mural painting and decoration 4
- Menus 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Diaries 2
- Newspapers 2
- Oral histories 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Postcards 2
- Posters 2
- Printing -- Specimens 2
- Programs 2
- Record-keeping works 2
- Sound recordings 2
- Transparencies 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American 2
- Account books 1
- Addresses 1
- Advertising - Pictorial works 1
- Albums 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- American poetry – 20th century 1
- Anti-war demonstrations 1
- Architectural drawings 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture--Designs and plans 1
- Argentina -- Travel 1
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 19th century 1
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 20th century 1
- Art Museums – New Mexico 1
- Art museum curators – New Mexico – Archives 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Bands (Music) – New Mexico 1
- Battleships--New Mexico 1
- Bill drafting - New Mexico 1
- Bills 1
- Brazil--Description and travel 1
- Broadsides 1
- Business enterprises - Pictorial works - 20th century 1
- Calendars 1
- Certificates 1
- Chile--Description and travel 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico 1
- Church work with refugees -- New Mexico 1
- Cimarron (N.M.) -- History 1
- Civil defense 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) 1
- Collectibles 1
- Colombia--Description and travel 1
- Commercial art -- Printing -- Specimens 1
- Concert programs – New Mexico 1
- Concerts – New Mexico – History -- 20th century -- Sources 1
- Conchas Lake (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Conscientious objectors 1
- Covers (Illustrations) 1
- Drivers' licenses 1
- Drivers' licenses -- New Mexico 1
- Dude ranches -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Elections -- New Mexico 1
- Emigration and immigration law -- United States 1
- Entertainment events – New Mexico 1
- Environmental policy -- New Mexico 1
- Environmental protection -- New Mexico 1
- Europe--Description and travel 1
- Exhibition catalogs 1
- Fiction 1
- Finance, Public - New Mexico 1
- Fort Stanton (N.M.) -- History 1
- Gay liberation movement -- New Mexico 1
- Gay rights -- New Mexico 1
- Graphic design (Typography) 1
- Green movement -- New Mexico 1
- Hispanic American women -- New Mexico 1
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico 1
- Historic preservation -- New Mexico 1
- Homosexuality -- Law and legislation 1
- Homosexuality and literature 1
- Homosexuality – United States 1
- Hospital Buildings - New Mexico 1
- Hospitality industry -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Hotels -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Hotels -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Indians of North America -- Music 1
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 1
- Invitations 1
- Iraq War, 2003- 1
- Jamaica--Description and travel 1
- Jemez Springs (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Judges -- New Mexico 1
- Ken Kamerman Papers 1
- Landscape -- South America -- 20th century 1
- Legislation - New Mexico 1
- Legislative proceedings 1
- Legislators - New Mexico 1
- Legislators - United States - Archives 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 6
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- French 1
- German 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Collier, John, 1913-1992 1
- Eastern New Mexico University (Portales, N.M.) 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1