Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 158
Abstract Business, professional and personal papers of Abelicio Marquez Peña, New Mexico sheep rancher, politician, foreign diplomat, writer and alumnus of the New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts (New Mexico State University).
Dates: 1894-2004; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 507
Scope and Content Collection consists of documents and materials related to the mission and business of the Agua Fria Village Association. There are minutes, correspondence, city and county plans, materials on developments that impact the Agua Fria area, and documents pertaining to the creation of the Agua Fria Traditional Village and the association. Photographs and videos have been transferred to the Photo Archives.
Abstract This collection consists of photos and documents primarily related to Albino Mendoza’s artistic work at the Teatro Casino Luís Mier y Terán in Oaxaca, Mexico.
Abstract This collection contains the records of the Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice. It includes information on the history and structure of the organization and its work on issues including nuclear disarmament, nonviolence, solidarity with Central America, and military recruitment.
Dates: 1961-2010; Majority of material found within 1980-1989
Identifier: AC 344-p
Scope and Content The collection consists of miscellaneous cards, letters, articles, and brochures. It includes an untitled typed manuscript on the history of the creation of New Mexico Territory. There is an essay " Santa Fe, City in Two Worlds" written by Fredric Brown (1906-1972), and a pamplet titled "Last Will and Testament of Charlie Masters".
Identifier: AC 544
Scope and Content The collection consists of diaries, journals, letters, personal and home expenses, social and charitable events, clubs and other organizations, childhood memorabilia, and photographs of the Hollenback family who lived in Pennsylvania, New York and New Mexico. NOTE: The family names and relationships in the genealogy folders (Box 1, Folders 1 and 2) of the Hollenback,Welles, and Beard families The original photographs are in the collections of the New Mexico Photo Archives (HP.2011.26). Most of...
Dates: 1820-1970; Majority of material found in 1880-1920
Abstract Records from the New Mexico State University chapter of the American Association of University Professors which includes membership lists, constitutions, resolutions, and general information about the organization.
Abstract Rio Hondo Valley cattleman and landowner. Includes personal and business correspondence from 1883-1886, including disputes over land with local businessmen and the New Mexico Public Land Office located in Las Cruces, New Mexico. Correspondents include New Mexico Public Land Office, Bloom Cattle Company, F.G. Bloom, John A. Thatcher, M.D. Thatcher, and G.G. Banbes. John A. Thatcher served as the company’s president, M.D. Thatcher acted as secretary/treasurer, and W.E. Anderson was Vice...
Identifier: MSS 895 SC
Abstract This is Ann Merrill’s collection of letters and notes written to her by Frank Waters from 1965-1979. The letters give insight into personal journeys, daily goings on, connections with the Taos scene, and travels in Mexico and Guatemala.
Dates: 1965-2012; Majority of material found within 1966-1979
Abstract The collection consists of correspondence, photographs, artwork, publicity, catalogues, and ephemera relating to Arena Editions and its imprint, Tondo.
Dates: 1997-2014; Majority of material found within 1997-2002
Abstract Business and personal papers of the Reid family who operated an Angora goat ranch in Kingston, NM.
Abstract This collection documents the personal and professional life of Arthur Harold Johnson - singer, poet, novelist and curator of the Jonson Gallery on the University of New Mexico campus. Materials include correspondence, unpublished and published writings, photographs, newspaper clippings and music recital programs.
Dates: 1887-1980; Majority of material found within 1930-1970
Abstract The collection contains residential real estate transaction records primarily for Albuquerque, NM and records of farms and ranches for sale across the state.
Dates: circa 1960-circa 1988
Identifier: AC 556-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of business letters to Browne & Manzanares regarding wool and wool products. Four (4) letters from Thomas F. Keleher, September 1884; Two (2) letters from Lopez & Romero, March and September 1884; Three (e) letters from Edward Mellor & Co., February and June 1884; Two (2) letters from Walsen & Levy, December 1882 and March 1883; One (1) letter from Orcutt & Son, January 1882; One (1) letter from R. Lowenstein & Co., January 1883; One (1) letter from...
Dates: 1882-1888; Majority of material found within 1884
Abstract Financial records of Tom and Marie Butterfield's business operations in Magdalena, NM.
Abstract Letters and papers of Albert B. Fall, his wife Emma Fall, his daughter Jouett Fall Elliott and her husband Brant Elliott and their daughter Caroline Elliott Stras.
Abstract The collection contains the family papers of Edwin Burt Sr. and Alice Casad-Burt. Alice Casad, the daughter of Thomas Casad and Sarah Wakefield Van Winkle Casad, married Edwin Burt Sr. in 1897. These papers consist of family papers pertaining to the Casad and Burt families. The papers primarily cover the years 1850-1949 and document the period when Edwin Burt Sr. was in the countries of Chile and Mexico working in the mining industry.
Dates: 1850 - 1949
Abstract The collection contains the papers of poet and publisher Cecilio García-Camarillo (1943-2002). García-Camarillo was one of the founding poets of the Chicano cultural renaissance of the 1970s, an editor and publisher of three Chicano literary magazines -- Caracol, Magazin, and RAYAS, a playwright, an artist, and an activist.
Abstract The Charles and Jacqueline Meketa papers primarily contain working papers and research files collected and produced during the research for their books and articles related to the Civil War and 20th century New Mexico and Arizona history.
Dates: 1792-1994; Majority of material found within 1860-1990
Scope and Contents The collection consists of correspondence between Charles Atherton Cumming and various American artists of the 19th and 20th centuries. The letters form a collection from the time when Cumming’s widow gave the letters to a journalist for background information. The correspondence mainly details the decoration of the Iowa State Capitol which was overseen by the Iowa Capitol Commission, of which Cumming was a member. Other Commission members whose letters form part of the collection are Edith...
Dates: 1902-1928; 1902-1928
Abstract Contains primarily correspondence between members of the Charles E. Dawson family. The majority of the letters are from family members to the two sons, Charles E. "Ed" Dawson, Jr., and William M. "Buddy" Dawson, who served in the military during World War II.
Abstract Charles P. Loomis was a sociologist, university professor and author whose textbooks on rural sociology became standards in their field. He conducted sociological research in Tortugas, New Mexico in the late 1930s, while working for the United States Department of Agriculture, and at El Cerrito, New Mexico in 1940 and 1956. The collection comprises Loomis' research papers for the El Cerrito study, including diaries, correspondence, statistics and photographs, as well as some of Loomis'...
Abstract Letters from Chester G. Bell stationed at Camp Furlong in Columbus, New Mexico to his family.
Abstract The collection contains material relating to discriminatory personnel practices and lack of accountability at Los Alamos National Laboratory.
Dates: 1970-2015; Majority of material found within 1994-2005
Abstract Handwritten and signed letters by D. H. Lawrence, including envelopes and photographs.
- Subject: Letters X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 98
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 31
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 29
- Letters 154
- Photographs 47
- Clippings 34
- Correspondence 21
- Ephemera 11
- Mural painting and decoration 9
- Sound recordings 9
- Map 8
- Business records 7
- Oral histories 7
- Scrapbooks 7
- Diaries 6
- Minutes (Records) 6
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 6
- Addresses 4
- Authors, American -- 20th century 4
- Contracts 4
- LULAC papers 4
- Legal documents 4
- Manuscripts 4
- Mexican Americans -- Politics and government 4
- Programs 4
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 3
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 3
- Essays 3
- Financial records 3
- Mexican Americans -- Education -- New Mexico 3
- New Mexico -- History 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century 3
- New Mexico -- In literature 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 20th century 3
- Newsletters 3
- Poems 3
- Poetry 3
- Publications 3
- Agua Fria (N.M.) 2
- American poetry – 20th century 2
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 2
- Architectural drawings 2
- Architecture -- New Mexico 2
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Correspondence 2
- Broadsides 2
- Brochures 2
- Cartoons & Comics 2
- Catalogs 2
- Certificates 2
- Community organization -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Courtship 2
- DVDs 2
- Elections -- New Mexico 2
- Endangered species 2
- Environmental justice 2
- Faithists--Research. 2
- Field notes 2
- Indian agents -- New Mexico -- Correspondence 2
- Indians of North America -- Government relations -- Sources 2
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- History 2
- Interviews 2
- Judges -- New Mexico 2
- Land grants -- New Mexico 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) 2
- Latin Americans -- United States 2
- Lecture notes 2
- Legal instruments 2
- Love-letters 2
- Menus 2
- Mexican American college students -- Political activity -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights 2
- Mexican Americans -- Education (Higher) -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican Americans -- Ethnic identity 2
- Minorities -- Political activity -- United States 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel -- 19th century 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Newspapers 2
- Periodicals 2
- Political activists -- New Mexico 2
- Postcards 2
- Posters 2
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 2
- Record-keeping works 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 2
- Sheet music 2
- Slides (Photography) 2
- Southwest, New -- History 2
- Speeches 2
- Student movements -- New Mexico 2
- Taos (N.M.) -- Intellectual life 2
- Taos Pueblo (N.M.) 2
- West (U.S.) -- Environmental conditions 2
- West (U.S.) -- Social life and customs 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Concentration camps -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Naval operations, American 2
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, American 2
- Writer, Prose, Fiction and Nonfiction 2
- Academia de la Nueva Raza and Rio Grande Institute Records 1
- Account books 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Architecture 1 ∧ less
- English 147
- Undetermined 17
- Spanish; Castilian 13
- French 2
- German 2
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 2
- Los Alamos National Laboratory 2
- Tijerina, Reies 2
- University of New Mexico. Students 2
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 2
- Abbott, Ward T., 1945-2008 1
- Aberle, Sophie D., 1899-1996 1
- Albuquerque & Cerrillos Coal Company 1
- Anaya, Rudolfo A., 1937-2020 1
- Anderson, Wendell B., 1920-2005 1
- Antreasian, Garo Z., 1922-2018 1
- Anzaldúa, Gloria, 1942-2004 1
- Archivo General de la Nación (Mexico) 1
- Aschwanden, Peter Georg, 1942-2005 1
- Asplund, Julia B. (Julia Brown), 1875-1958 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Atencio, Tomás, 1932-2014 1
- Blake, Michael, 1945-2015 1
- Brett, Dorothy, 1883-1977 1
- Chisum, John Simpson, 1824-1884 1
- Church, Peggy Pond, 1903-1986 1
- Collier, John, 1913-1992 1
- Compañía de Teatro de Alburquerque 1
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 1
- Eastern New Mexico University (Portales, N.M.) 1
- Ellis, Florence Hawley 1
- Etulain, Richard W. 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Haskale, Hadassah 1
- Henderson, Alice Oliver 1
- Historic American Buildings Survey 1
- Hollenback, Amelia, 1877-1969 1
- Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial Association 1
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 1
- Jonson Gallery 1
- Keep New Mexico Beautiful, Inc 1
- Kiva Club (University of New Mexico) 1
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 1
- Lawrence, Frieda, 1879-1956 1
- Maxwell Land Grant Company 1
- Moser, Norman 1
- New Mexico (Battleship) 1
- Popejoy Hall (University of New Mexico) 1
- Red River Valley Company 1
- Santa Fe (Cruiser) 1
- Schmidt, Richard H., 1939- 1
- Southern Pacific Railroad Company 1
- Thompson, Katherine 1
- Thompson, Rachel 1
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission 1
- United States. War Relocation Authority 1
- University of New Mexico 1
- University of New Mexico Press 1
- University of New Mexico. Department of Music 1
- Warner, Edith, 1893-1951 1
- Zeon Sign Company 1 ∧ less