Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 79
Identifier: AC 282
Scope and Content Collection consists of personal, business and polititcal papers of A. A. Jones. Approximately half of the collection contains the Jones Family papers which includes personal and business records, land grant case records pertaining to the Preston Beck and Anton Chico land grants, correspondence, pamphlets and miscellaneous clippings. The second half of the collecton is related to his political involvement in the Democratic Party in New Mexico.
Dates: 1865-1942 (bulk 1885-1942)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of the Rogers family (Albert Sr., Albert Jr., Helen, and Waldo). The bulk of the collection consists of Albert Jr.s business and legal papers (1898-1956). Legal papers include Supreme Court of New Mexico case files involving the City of Raton; district court case files; and land grant case files involving the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Anton Chico, and Mora land grants. Also included are records from the settlement of Leah Ilfelds estate and one land grant map....
Abstract Alfonso Sanchez was the District Attorney for Rio Arriba County during the land struggle of Reies Lopez Tijerina and the Alianza Federal de las Mercedes. The collection consists of biographical materials pertaining to Alfonso Sanchez, as well as materials pertaining to the Tierra Amarillo land grant and Reies Lopez Tijerina.
Dates: 1856-2004; Majority of material found within 1955-1970
Identifier: MSS -628 -BC
Scope and Content This collection contains newspaper clippings, magazine articles, pamphlets, flyers, press releases, and broadsides relating to Alianza Federal de las Mercedes, Alianza Federal de Pueblos Libres, Reies Lopez Tijerina, the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo, land grants, education, employment, and discrimination. The Alianza constitution is also included in the collection. An oversized folder contains broadsides, reprints and a map. This collection is composed of materials that were formerly housed in...
Dates: 1963-1997 (bulk 1967-1979)
Scope and Content Collection consists of correspondence, personal papers, manuscripts, genealogies, and clippings. Subjects include New Mexican customs and folklore, land grants and titles, and prominent figures in New Mexico history. Other topics include Chaves and Ortiz family histories, the 1680 Pueblo Revolt, and New Mexicos school system. Notable correspondents are Charles F. Lummis, B.W. "Win Page, Katharine Chaves Page, and Stephen B. Elkins. This collection was transferred from the Museum of New Mexico...
Identifier: AC 325
Scope and Content Collection consists of legal papers and correspondence to and from and about Arthur Rochford Manby and the companies in which he had financial interests, specifically the Taos Valley Land Comapny, the Mutual Trust Company, and the Colonial Bond and Security Company. The collection contains papers dealing with water and mining rights in New Mexico and other interests. There are also tax receipts and land documents pertaining to his properties and various newspaper clippings. In addition, there...
Scope and Content The Atrisco Oral History Project, also known as Herencia: The Atrisco Community, was conducted over nine months in 1984, with the exception of one interview which was conducted in 1981. The project was directed by Dr. Raymond Burrola and consists of interviews with 35 residents of the Atrisco area in Albuquerque's South Valley. The project was sponsored by the Southwest Hispanic Research Institute at the University of New Mexico, in conjunction with the Albuquerque Museum and University of New...
Dates: 1981-1984, (bulk 1984)
Abstract This collection contains photographs relating to the history of the Bell Ranch.
Dates: 1896, 1984
Scope and Content Collection consists of land records (1829-1929) and personal, financial, and professional papers of the A.M. Bergere family and its extended families, the Oteros and the Lunas of Los Lunas, New Mexico (1855-1967). Land records include conveyances and information regarding the Bartolome Baca Land Grant, the Antonio Sandoval Land Grant, the Perea Land Grant, the Tome Land Grant, and the Chilili Land Grant. Financial records contain deeds, correspondence regarding the estate of Eloisa Luna de...
Abstract Collection contains various legal documents such as leases, options to buy land, quitclaim deeds, warranty deeds, tax receipts, etc. from the Spanish land grant, Sevilleta, located in Socorro County, New Mexico. Also includes minute book, June 15, 1921-September 14, 1938, of meetings held by the Trustees of the land grant community.
Abstract Documents relating to a land grant of 67,017 acres in Socorro County.
Identifier: AC 256
Scope and Content Photocopies of various Spanish and Mexican documents related to Pueblo tribes of New Mexico. Land titles and land grants are the subject of the bulk of these materials, although some relate to intra-tribal affairs. Among the Pueblos mentioned are Laguna, Isleta, Santa Clara, Santo Domingo, Zia, Santa Ana, Jemez and Taos. All documents are in Spanish, some have attached English translations.
Abstract This collection contains testimony from the U.S. Court of Private Land Claims regarding the legitimacy of the Caja del Rio grant involving a legal dispute between the descendants of Nicolas Ortiz, Ni?o Ladr?n de Guebara (the original grantee) and Willi Spiegelberg. It also includes legal documents confirming genealogy of the Ortiz family and records of sales of this land in 1860 from the Ortiz family through various owners, to Thomas B. Catron in 1909.
Dates: 1887-1914 (bulk 1904-1914)
Scope and Content Collection contains the 18 linear feet of correspondence between Dr. Knowlton, colleagues, students, and publishers. Dr. Knowlton's manuscripts relating to his field of research are included, some of which have been published in professional journals. Professor Knowlton also collected manuscripts written by colleagues and students on subjects relating to Mexican-Americans, Bilingual Education and Native American issues. Also within the collection are 23 linear feet of reports, committee...
Abstract This collection is composed of Dalton C. Bergan's research notebooks, photocopied material and note cards on Lucien Bonaparte Maxwell and François Xavier Aubry. Bergan used some of this material to write a book on Aubry.
Abstract The David Correia Research Papers document the history and people of the Tierra Amarilla land grant conflict in Northern New Mexico.
Dates: 1901-2009; Majority of material found within 1955-2009
Scope and Content The East Mountain Oral History Project collection consists of interviews conducted by Joyce Mendel with the following residents: Jose Candelaria, Bob Cooper, Adilia Garcia, Leandro Garcia, Barbara Herrera, Tom Herrera, Bill Loudon, Andres Mora, Antonia Mora, Dorela Perea, David Salazar, Jacquelyn Schaefer, M. Zanettie and Vicki Scoresone. The interviews are in a combination of English and Spanish languages. The collection also includes a tape of reminiscences from Alejandro Herrera, recorded in...
Dates: 1908-2001 (bulk, 1989-1996)
Scope and Content Collection consists of Bartlett's official correspondence as Solicitor General of the Territory of New Mexico (1890-1902); and professional papers from his legal practice (1880-1904). Solicitor General correspondence includes letters received from Frank Springer, Elfego Baca, Frederick Muller, and Pinkerton's National Detective Agency concerning Charles Siringo. Topics covered in the correspondence include the Rough Riders, Jicarilla Apaches, territorial penitentiary, Fort Marcy, and the...
Abstract The collection consists of the general correspondence of Edward L. Bartlett in his positions as Adjutant General of the Territory of New Mexico, private attorney, and Solicitor General of the Territory of New Mexico, 1882/83-1885, 1896 and 1903
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Jacobo Yrisarri. Includes land records, estate records for various persons, financial records, and photographs. Land records include mining and warranty deeds, an abstract of title to land in Ranchos de Albuquerque, one map of land divisions in Candelaria, New Mexico, and copies of maps of the Atrisco and Elena Gallegos land grants. Financial records include tax receipts and assessments. Photographs include black and white images of Jacobo Yrisarri and...
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of Fiske's professional papers. Series I consists of various legal documents, including a contract retaining Fiske as defense attorney in the trial of James G. Whitney for the murder of Manuel B. Otero, and 67 pages of testimony from the case of Edward Miller v. Alphonso Dockweiler over water rights involving the Rio Tesuque, Acequia Madre, and Acequia del Medio in northern New Mexico. Series II consists of legal documents, deeds, land conveyances, and other...
Dates: 1840-1968 (bulk 1840-1909)
Abstract This collection documents the life and career of anthropologist, Frances Léon Quintana, in the Southwest, mainly between 1960 and 1999. The collection consists of published and unpublished works, field notes, lecture notes, project proposals and reports, general and project correspondence, biographical and job-related materials, political petitions, statements, testimonies, and some news clippings.
Dates: 1705-2012; Majority of material found within 1960-1999
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials from the legal and business practices of Francis C. Wilson. Most of the collection is made up of case files, but also includes correspondence, ledgers, contracts, newspaper clippings, publications, land conveyances, and speeches. Case files are from both civil and criminal proceedings and involve issues such as insurance, bonding, taxes, divorces, bankruptcy, mortgages, debts, estates, and suits. Most of the cases concern business in the areas...
Scope and Content The Frank Sanchez Papers contain 13 alphabetically-arranged subject series, plus 4 series based on format of materials (newspapers, oversize, etc.). Researchers should check the format-based series for material relating to the various subject series. The largest series in the papers is "Community Organizing, Strategic Planning" which includes files for numerous organizations and foundations. "Political Activism" is also a significant series, containing most of the political...
Dates: 1951-2008 (bulk 1970-1996)
Identifier: MSS -222-BC
Abstract This collection consists of a bound copy of "Notes and Memoranda Concerning the Legal, Literary, and Scientific Activities of Mr. Frank Springer as a Citizen of New Mexico," compiled from original sources by Ralph Emerson Twitchell, Sante Fe, New Mexico. The collection also contains a bibliography of Frank Springer, correspondence, and clippings.
- Subject: Land grants --New Mexico X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 45
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 17
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 16
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico 28
- Photographs 9
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 8
- Conveyances 7
- Land grants--New Mexico 7
- Water rights -- New Mexico 7
- Wills 7
- Clippings 6
- Deeds 6
- Estate records 6
- Land tenure -- New Mexico 6
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 6
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 6
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 5
- Land Grants -- New Mexico 5
- Land titles -- New Mexico 5
- Legal documents 5
- Legal files 5
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 5
- New Mexico--Ethnic relations 5
- Oral histories 5
- Account books 4
- Family papers 4
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- History 4
- Land grants --New Mexico 4
- Map 4
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 4
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 4
- Piedra Lumbre Land Grant (N.M.) 4
- Preston Beck Land Grant (N.M.) 4
- Sound recordings 4
- Caja del Rio Land Grant (N.M.) 3
- Contracts 3
- Land grants - New Mexico 3
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 3
- Lawyers--New Mexico 3
- Letters 3
- Moving images 3
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 3
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 3
- Pueblo Indians--Land tenure 3
- Rio Arriba County (N.M.) -- History 3
- Tierra Amarilla (N.M.) 3
- Addresses 2
- Alabados 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 2
- Antonio Martinez Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- Cañon del Agua Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Cieneguilla Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Diaries 2
- Ditches -- New Mexico 2
- Education -- New Mexico 2
- Education, Bilingual--New Mexico 2
- Education--New Mexico 2
- Estate inventories 2
- Genealogy 2
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico 2
- Hispanic Americans--Cultural assimilation 2
- Homestead law -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America--Land tenure 2
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico 2
- Jemez Pueblo (N.M.) 2
- La Majada Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Land Titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 2
- Land grants New Mexico 2
- Land subdivision -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Land titles--Registration and transfer--New Mexico 2
- Land use -- New Mexico 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 2
- Las Vegas Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Los Lunas (N.M.) -- History 2
- Mexican Americans -- Land tenure -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican Americans -- New Mexico 2
- Mines and mineral resources--New Mexico 2
- Mining corporations -- New Mexico 2
- Mora Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- New Mexico -- Genealogy 2
- New Mexico -- History 2
- New Mexico -- Social conditions 2
- New Mexico's Digital Collections 2
- New Mexico--Genealogy 2
- Petitions 2
- Political activists -- New Mexico 2
- Public lands--New Mexico 2
- Pueblo Indians -- Land tenure 2
- Ranches -- New Mexico 2
- Real property -- New Mexico 2
- Real property--New Mexico 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 2
- Santo Domingo Pueblo (N.M.) 2
- Tierra Amarilla (N.M.) -- History 2
- Tome Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Valencia County (N.M.) -- History 2
- Abstracts 1
- Abstracts of title -- New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- English 78
- Undetermined 33
- Spanish; Castilian 12
- Tijerina, Reies 9
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 5
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 3
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 2
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 2
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911 2
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 2
- Tingley, Clyde 2
- Albuquerque Museum 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 1
- Atencio, Tomás, 1932-2014 1
- Aubry, François Xavier, 1824-1854 1
- Axtell, Samuel B. (Samuel Beach), 1819-1891 1
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Collier, John, 1884-1968 1
- Eastern New Mexico University (Portales, N.M.) 1
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 1
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Hall, Douglas Kent, 1938-2008 1
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 1
- Ketchum, Black Jack, 1863-1901 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Maxwell Land Grant Company 1
- Maxwell Land Grant and Railway Co 1
- Pyle, Ernie, 1900-1945 1
- Red River Valley Company 1
- Tijerina, Noe 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1 ∧ less