Bureau of Indian Affairs Collection,
Identifier: AC 256
Scope and Content
Photocopies of various Spanish and Mexican documents related to Pueblo tribes of New Mexico. Land titles and land grants are the subject of the bulk of these materials, although some relate to intra-tribal affairs. Among the Pueblos mentioned are Laguna, Isleta, Santa Clara, Santo Domingo, Zia, Santa Ana, Jemez and Taos. All documents are in Spanish, some have attached English translations.
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs (Organization)
Language of Materials
English, and Spanish.
Duplication allowed for research purposes. User responsible for all copyright compliance.
.25 Linear Feet
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
- The Palace of the Governors
- P.O. Box 2087
- Santa Fe, New Mexico 87504-2087, U.S.A.
- Phone: (+)505.476.5090
- Fax: (+)505.476.5093
- Email: email@example.com
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Indian land transfers -- New Mexico
- Isleta Pueblo (N.M.)
- Jemez Pueblo (N.M.)
- Land grants -- New Mexico
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico
- Pueblo of Laguna, New Mexico
- Santa Ana Pueblo (N.M.)
- Santa Clara Pueblo (N.M.)
- Santo Domingo Pueblo (N.M.)
- Taos Pueblo (N.M.)
- Zia Pueblo (N.M.)
- Guide to the Bureau of Indian Affairs Collection, 1689-1859
- Edited Full Draft
- Processed by Library Staff
- ©2000, udated ©2008
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English
- June 28, 2004: PUBLIC "-//Museum of New Mexico::Fray Angelico Chavez History Library//TEXT (US::NmSM::AC 256::Bureau of Indian Affairs Collection)//EN" "nmsm1ac256.sgml" converted from EAD 1.0 to 2002 by v1to02.xsl (sy2003-10-15).
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.