Showing Collections: 26 - 50 of 80
Scope and Content This collection contains Pradt's field notebooks, survey notes, maps, drawings, and a small amount of personal ephemera. Box 1 contains field notebooks and logs, 1882-1911. Box 2 contains texts on surveying. Box 3 contains field maps, drawings, and survey notes, arranged by township and range. Box 3 also contains one folder with personal correspondence, certificates, and documents. An oversized folder of maps is itemized at the end of the accompanying inventory. Much of the data in...
Scope and Contents The Phillip (Felipe) B. Gonzales papers contain institutional documents, letters, and press publications. Its main area focus involves historical aspects of the Hispanic experience in New Mexico and the Southwest. Included are Spanish-language articles dating from the mid-late 19th century and early-mid 20th century, including popular political poetry, partisan political contention, and public discourse. Another series touches on controversial Nuevomexicano ethnic identity. Data on the...
Dates: 1883 - 2020
Scope and Content Collection consists of official papers of Governor Tingley. Includes correspondence with and reports from various state agencies concerning a broad range of issues such as labor and natural resource conservation, as well as materials relating to New Mexico land grants, extension of the Navajo Reservation, and the celebration of the 400th anniversary of Coronado's arrival in New Mexico. Also within the collection are many special reports from various New Deal programs in New Mexico, and...
Identifier: AC 302-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of a "Reply to Defendants' Brief," Henry Clark et al., complainants vs. The Maxwell Land Grant, defendant.
Scope and Content This collection consists of five volumes of letterpress books (1889-1896), three folders with English translations of select letters from the letterpress books, and 2 folders with other correspondence (1905-1917). The letterpress books contain private and business correspondence, accounting information, and legal documents of Hugo Seaberg, M.W. Mills, Seaberg's partner, and father-in-law, and the Mills-Seaberg Company. Personal correspondence to Seaberg's mother, brothers and sister are in...
Dates: 1889-1990 (bulk 1889-1917)
Scope and Content This collection contains correspondence and documents relating to Indian affairs in New Mexico, during the Territorial Period. Most of the materials either originated in Santa Fe, or were sent to Santa Fe from Pueblos including Laguna, Cochiti, Isleta, Zia, Santa Ana, Sandia, San Felipe, Nambe, Jemez, Pojoaque, San Ildefonso, Santa Clara, Santo Domingo, and Taos. Thematically, land issues, specifically, boundary questions, predominate the collection. Controversies concerning water rights,...
Dates: 1684-1903; Majority of material found in 1872-1903
Abstract The James Addison Reavis Court Papers consist of photographic copies of Spanish documents pertaining to Reavis's claim to the Peralta Land Grant in Arizona and New Mexico. Also included is an annotated copy of the Court of Private Land Claims proceedings which exposed Reavis' fraudulent land grant claim.
Dates: 1882-1896 ( bulk 1882, 1896)
Identifier: AC 334-s
Scope and Content Collection consists of the Jemez Pueblo (N.M.) land grant and plat map, signed by Abraham Lincoln.
Scope and Content The John Baron Burg collection contains Bernalillo, Sandoval and Valencia County land, property and business records from the Burg and Otero families. It also contains political and personal correspondence dealing with family matters and Burg’s campaign for Albuquerque Post Master and New Mexico District Attorney. The collection also contains three scrapbooks with newspaper clippings, letters, voting ballots, political cartoons and ephemera. One scrapbook contains clippings of a column series...
Identifier: AC 118
Scope and Content The Jones Collection covers the years from 1844 to 1969 and deals mainly with the Jones family history in Ohio, Wisconsin, Iowa and New Mexico. There is an extensive amount of material on Amistad, N.M. and Hawkeye, Iowa. Material includes papers from the Godlove and Brown families of the Amistad area, as well as general material on homesteading, turn-of-the-century education and social history. On August 7, 1975 Clara May Daves of Albuquerque donated a scrapbook to the Jones...
Identifier: AC 555-p
Scope and Content Research notes, essays, and copies of historic documents pertaining to aspects of the history of Santa Fe, NM including Sena Plaza, Santa Fe businesses, and Santa Fe street names. Also included are an assessment of the Office of the Cadestral Engineer relative to lands, wills, and other matters; copy of the land grant to Juana Lujana within the San Ildefonso Pueblo Grant, 1765; an account of the death of Jesus Maria Luna y Baca on the Atchison Topeka and Santa Fe Railroad, 1888.
Abstract Land records for Belen, New Mexico inherited, purchased, or sold by Julian Tafoya family.
Abstract The collection focuses on environmental and social justice issues in Northern New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of documents (originals and copies) pertaining to land grants in New Mexico, Arizona, Arkansas, and Texas. The bulk of the documents pertain to Pueblo Indian and individual land grants in New Mexico (1700-1933). Collection was created by the New Mexico State Records Center and Archives.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Dates: 1700-1993 (bulk 1765-1933)
Abstract The collection contains survey maps of the boundaries of land parcels within the Las Vegas Land Grant during the 1870s and 1880s. In most cases, the names of the title holders are given on the maps.
Abstract This collection consists of title abstracts (often including maps) from many parts of New Mexico, particularly Bernalillo County, dating from the late 1800's through the 1970's. Title records are primarily from the additions and subdivisions of the city of Albuquerque, as well as from rural tracts of land, including land grants, throughout the State of New Mexico.
Scope and Content Collection consists of records and correspondence from Manuel Sanchez's law practice. Includes case files, carbon copies of letters sent and legal documents, clients' letters received, briefs, and law reports and related material on a wide range of subjects.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Dates: 1802-1969 (bulk, 1920-1950)
Scope and Content Collection consists of photocopies of documents involving members of the Mariano Chavez family and others. Most of the materials concern land grants, wills and estates, land conveyances, and litigation over land and water disputes in New Mexico during the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. Other materials include inventories of personal property, a license to build a chapel at San Jose de Chama (1844), a geneaology of the Chavez family, a collection of alabados (religious verses), and...
Dates: 1763-1967 (bulk 1763-1873)
Scope and Content This collection documents the operations of the Maxwell Land Grant Company, primarily in New Mexico. It contains 75 bound volumes of letters; 83 bound volumes of ledgers, cash books, journals, etc., and 2 scrapbooks. There are 85 archival boxes containing bank statements, cancelled checks, land contracts, financial statements, correspondence, maps, leases, legal documents, vouchers, receipts, and annual reports of the Maxwell Land Grant Co. and its related business enterprises. The Maxwell...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the legal papers of Merrill E. Noble and the legal and personal papers of James V. Noble. The bulk of the collection consists of the legal files of Merrill's and James' private practice in Las Vegas. Legal files include correspondence, pleadings, and other materials that pertain to various civil, criminal, and probate cases in New Mexico. Included are papers pertaining to the following land grants: Las Vegas, Anton Chico, Preston Beck, Ortiz, and Tecolote; land titles in...
Abstract Collection consists of black & white photographs by Miguel Gandert. Photographic series include the 1988 Amador Flores occupation in Tierra Amarilla, NM, with portraits of Reyes Lopez Tijerina, Pedro Archuleta, and Rafael Flores; an NEH grant-funded series on the traditional farming communities near San Luis, Colorado and Taylor Ranch protest (1996-97); the Varrio [Barrio] San Jose project in Albuquerque, NM (1982-86).
Abstract This collection contains seven Spanish documents, written by or related to Miguel Antonio Lovato, resident of Galisteo and Santa Fe, New Mexico in the late eighteenth century to the mid-nineteenth century.
Scope and Content Collection consists of case files and a variety of documents such as wills, deeds, and estate records from legal cases handled by Laughlin. Series I includes materials on homestead claims and businesses such as the Globe Land Co. and the La Fonda Hotel. Series II includes materials on acequias and water rights, banks (including the First National Bank of Santa Fe and the Santa Fe Bank), mining companies (including the Rio Arriba Coal Co.), and the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Co. Series III...
Identifier: AC 168-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of documents involving a broad range of land matters in New Mexico. Includes deeds, mortgages, and other materials.
Abstract This collection is comprised of documentation of land sales or transfers from 1811-1887 and one letter from a Bishop authorizing a particular marriage. All documents pertain to the Mexican and Territorial periods in New Mexico.
Dates: 1791-1887 (bulk 1826-1887)
- Subject: Land Grants -- New Mexico X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 46
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 17
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 16
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico 28
- Photographs 9
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 8
- Water rights -- New Mexico 8
- Clippings 7
- Conveyances 7
- Land grants--New Mexico 7
- Wills 7
- Deeds 6
- Estate records 6
- Land tenure -- New Mexico 6
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 6
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 6
- Oral histories 6
- Anton Chico Land Grant (N.M.) 5
- Land Grants -- New Mexico 5
- Land titles -- New Mexico 5
- Legal documents 5
- Legal files 5
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 5
- New Mexico--Ethnic relations 5
- Account books 4
- Family papers 4
- Land grants -- New Mexico -- History 4
- Land grants --New Mexico 4
- Map 4
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 4
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 4
- Piedra Lumbre Land Grant (N.M.) 4
- Preston Beck Land Grant (N.M.) 4
- Sound recordings 4
- Caja del Rio Land Grant (N.M.) 3
- Contracts 3
- Land grants - New Mexico 3
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 3
- Lawyers--New Mexico 3
- Letters 3
- Moving images 3
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 3
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 3
- Pueblo Indians--Land tenure 3
- Rio Arriba County (N.M.) -- History 3
- Tierra Amarilla (N.M.) 3
- Addresses 2
- Alabados 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 2
- Antonio Martinez Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- Cañon del Agua Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Cieneguilla Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Diaries 2
- Ditches -- New Mexico 2
- Education -- New Mexico 2
- Education, Bilingual--New Mexico 2
- Education--New Mexico 2
- Estate inventories 2
- Forest management--Social aspects--Southwest, New 2
- Genealogy 2
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico 2
- Hispanic Americans--Cultural assimilation 2
- Homestead law -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America--Land tenure 2
- Irrigation and canals and flumes New Mexico 2
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico 2
- Jemez Pueblo (N.M.) 2
- La Majada Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Land Titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 2
- Land grants New Mexico 2
- Land subdivision -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Land titles--Registration and transfer--New Mexico 2
- Land use -- New Mexico 2
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- History 2
- Las Vegas Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Los Lunas (N.M.) -- History 2
- Mexican Americans -- Land tenure -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican Americans -- New Mexico 2
- Mines and mineral resources--New Mexico 2
- Mining corporations -- New Mexico 2
- Mora County (N.M.) -- History 2
- Mora Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- New Mexico -- Businesses -- History 2
- New Mexico -- Genealogy 2
- New Mexico -- History 2
- New Mexico -- Social conditions 2
- New Mexico's Digital Collections 2
- New Mexico--Genealogy 2
- Petitions 2
- Political activists -- New Mexico 2
- Public lands--New Mexico 2
- Pueblo Indians -- Land tenure 2
- Ranches -- New Mexico 2
- Real property -- New Mexico 2
- Real property--New Mexico 2
- Reports 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 2
- Santo Domingo Pueblo (N.M.) 2 ∧ less
- English 79
- Undetermined 28
- Spanish; Castilian 12
- Tijerina, Reies 9
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 5
- Fall, Albert B. (Albert Bacon), 1861-1944 3
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 2
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 2
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 2
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 2
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911 2
- Otero-Warren, Nina, 1881-1965 2
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 2
- Tingley, Clyde 2
- Air Force Association 1
- Albuquerque Museum 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 1
- Atencio, Tomás, 1932-2014 1
- Aubry, François Xavier, 1824-1854 1
- Axtell, Samuel B. (Samuel Beach), 1819-1891 1
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Campbell, Thomas D. (Thomas Donald), 1882-1966 1
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 1
- Civilian Conservation Corps (U.S.) 1
- Collier, John, 1884-1968 1
- Eastern New Mexico University (Portales, N.M.) 1
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 1
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 1
- Hall, Douglas Kent, 1938-2008 1
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 1
- Ketchum, Black Jack, 1863-1901 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Laboratory of Anthropology (Museum of New Mexico) 1
- Lincoln, Abraham, 1809-1865 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Matthews, Kay 1
- Maxwell Land Grant Company 1
- Maxwell Land Grant and Railway Co 1
- Pyle, Ernie, 1900-1945 1
- Red River Valley Company 1
- Tijerina, Noe 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1
- United States. Bureau of Indian Affairs 1 ∧ less