Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 28
Abstract Letters by Ann Nolan Clark to Hy Adler, Albuquerque Book Dealer.
Abstract This collection documents the personal and professional life of Arthur Harold Johnson - singer, poet, novelist and curator of the Jonson Gallery on the University of New Mexico campus. Materials include correspondence, unpublished and published writings, photographs, newspaper clippings and music recital programs.
Dates: 1887-1980; Majority of material found within 1930-1970
Abstract This collection is comprised of Donald B. Day's personal collection of science fiction magazines published in the United States (as well as some from England) from 1926 to 1950. It also contains papers pertaining to his early drafts of The Index to the Science-Fiction Magazines 1926-1950, which he published in 1952.
Abstract This collection contains photographs of Donald B. Day.
Scope and Content This initial part of Demetria Martínez' collection is composed primarily of news clippings documenting her involvement with the Sanctuary Movement in New Mexico. There is some biographical material, as well as articles written by Ms. Martínez, and a folder with news clippings and reviews relating to her publications MotherTongue and Three Times a Woman. More primary source materials from Demetria Martínez are...
Abstract This collection consists of 21 writings by Douglas Woolf, author of short stories, novels and book reviews.
Scope and Content The collection primarily consists of correspondence from Eugene Manlove Rhodes to Betty Luther of El Paso, Texas, along with Luther's typed commentary in response to Rhodes' letters. One of the letters indicates that Luther was woman's page editor for the Herald-Post. Most of the correspondence includes the original and a photocopy, and because Rhodes' handwriting is so difficult to read, most letters have been transcribed. Discussions of books, authors (such as Dorothy Parker), and Rhodes'...
Dates: 1916-1972 (bulk 1930)
Abstract The collection consists of material for the book, One Luminaria for Antonio,, written by Flora Hood, illustrated by Ann Kirn, and published in 1966.
Abstract The collection contains typescripts, correspondence, published materials, research files, audio and video recordings, and personal journals documenting the literary career of Frank Waters.
Scope and Content The collection emphasizes Harvena Richter's career as author and teacher. There are three topical series; published works, unpublished works and classroom materials. Published works consists of manuscripts and early drafts of her books The Human Shore and Virginia Woolf: The Inward Voyage, as well as copies of periodicals containing her poetry and short stories. Among the unpublished works are manuscripts for two...
Abstract "The Fires of Montezuma or Legends of the Aztecs" is the manuscript of a romance novel written by J. J. Deavenport, former Chief Justice of the U.S. Territorial Supreme Court in New Mexico. The novel is set in New Mexico; Zuni is central to the theme.
Dates: ca. 1860, 1911
Scope and Content The Sinclair Papers, consisting of fiction and non-fiction manuscript materials from the inception of an idea to the published form, comprise an essentially complete record of John Sinclair's long writing career. Additionally, the Sinclair collection is significant for its attention to regional subject matter--the history and lore of the Southwest. Covering the gamut of New Mexico's multicultural heritage from historical facts to tall tales to spiritual realms, Sinclair's writings reflect his...
Abstract John Nichols' papers document a wide range of history and culture and personal connections in New Mexico (and elsewhere) over the last 55 years. The collection contains manuscripts, screenplays, correspondence, speeches, artwork, journals, photographs, slides, and videos.
Abstract The Latin American Ephemera Pictorial Collection is comprised of ephemera (slides, political posters, lithographic cards, political caricatures, advertisements, bookmarks, photographs, book covers, and postcards) from Latin America.
Dates: 1860s, 1956-2000s
Abstract This collection contains photographs taken by Lee Marmon throughout his life. These include images of elders and community members from Laguna and Acoma Pueblos, visual documentation of uranium mines and mills throughout New Mexico, photos of fashion and social life in 1960s and 1970s Palm Springs, CA, among other things.
Scope and Content Collection consists of "revised final" screenplay for "Love under fire."
Identifier: AC 390
Scope and Content Collection contains manuscripts of Cable's books and essays, correspondence, and research materials associated with her publications.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Abstract The bulk of the material is writing of Maude McFie Bloom, mother of John P. Bloom, wife of New Mexico historian Lansing Bloom, and daughter John McFie, on of the founders of the New Mexico College of Agriculture and Mechanic Arts. Maude McFie Bloom graduated from the college in 1903. Her senior thesis, History of the Mesilla Valley, is a standard source of information for 19th century Mesilla Valley history. McFie Bloom knew and interviewed many of the important residents of the valley for her...
Dates: Majority of material found within 1903 - 1945
Abstract This collection primarily contains writings, research, and correspondence, spanning Michael Blake’s forty year career as a professional writer.
Dates: 1949-2010; Majority of material found within 1960-2010
Abstract This collection primarily contains writings, research, and correspondence, spanning Nancy Wood’s fifty year career as a professional writer.
Abstract This small collection of New Mexico writer Orlando Romero's papers includes a proof copy of his first novel as well as copies of articles written for various magazines.
Abstract The collection contains 8mm, 16mm and 35mm films made by Orville “Buddy” Wanzer, a professor at New Mexico State University from 1959 to 1983, and a collection of films made by his students as class assignments. Included are completed films, raw footage, and magnetic sound film.
Dates: 1960 - 1980
Identifier: AC 614-p
Scope and Content Expense reports, receipts, production cost reports and cast and crew housing lists associated with the production of the film Pocket Money.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Abstract Richard W. Etulain’s papers document his prolific career as an educator, historian and writer, and also provide insight into methods and processes of researching, writing, reviewing, publishing, editing, critiquing and teaching Western literature and history.
Dates: 1639-2010; Majority of material found within 1963-1999
Abstract The collection consists of manuscripts of Rudolfo Anaya's published and unpublished work; materials from his career as a professor, his involvements on numerous boards and committees; and correspondence with colleagues and students. Anaya's works focus largely on Chicano culture and on New Mexico's cultural landscape.
- Subject: Fiction X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 22
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 3
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 3
- Letters 7
- Authors, American -- 20th century 6
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 4
- Mural painting and decoration 4
- New Mexico -- Fiction 4
- Clippings 3
- Manuscripts 3
- Photographs 3
- American fiction--Southwest, New 2
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th Century 2
- Diaries 2
- Fiction 2
- Fiction films 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Juvenile fiction 2
- Mexican American authors -- 20th century 2
- Motion Pictures--Production and direction--New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- In literature 2
- Novelists, American -- 20th century 2
- Poems 2
- Posters 2
- Screenplays 2
- Taos Pueblo (N.M.) 2
- West (U.S.) -- Environmental conditions 2
- West (U.S.) -- Social life and customs 2
- Writer, Prose, Fiction and Nonfiction 2
- Acoma (N.M.) 1
- Acoma Indians 1
- Addresses 1
- Airman Mortensen 1
- Albums 1
- Amazing stories 1
- American Literature -- New Mexico 1
- American fiction -- Indian authors 1
- American fiction -- Mexican American authors 1
- American fiction -- Southwest, New 1
- American fiction -- West (U.S.) -- History and criticism 1
- American fiction -- Women authors 1
- American literature -- Mexican American authors 1
- American literature -- Research--Methodology 1
- American literature -- Study and teaching. 1
- American poetry -- 20th century 1
- American poetry -- Indian authors 1
- American poetry -- Mexican American authors 1
- Architecture - Louisiana - New Orleans 1
- Argentina -- Comic books, strips, etc. 1
- Art Museums -- New Mexico 1
- Art museum curators – New Mexico – Archives 1
- Astounding science fiction 1
- Astounding stories of super-science (New York, N.Y.: 1930) 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Political and social views 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Authors, American -- Southwest, New 1
- Authors, American -- West (U.S.) -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, American—20th century—Manuscripts 1
- Aztecs -- Fiction 1
- Ballads, Mexican 1
- Basque Americans -- West (U.S.) – History 1
- Basque Americans – Northwest, Pacific 1
- Beauty contests -- United States 1
- Broadsides 1
- California, Southern--Description and travel 1
- Cartoons & Comics 1
- Cemeteries -- New Mexico -- Acoma 1
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 1
- Child development -- United States -- History 1
- Children - Louisiana - New Orleans 1
- Children's stories, American 1
- Children's stories, American Illustrations 1
- Chile--Politics and government--1973-1988--Pictorial works 1
- Christmas -- Juvenile fiction 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Acoma 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Laguna 1
- Civil War (Spain : 1936-1939) 1
- Clearcutting -- United States 1
- Color slides 1
- Colorado -- Fiction 1
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) 1
- Colorado--Description and travel 1
- Colorado--Social life and customs 1
- Correspondence 1
- Corridos 1
- Cowboys -- New Mexico 1
- Crime - United States - 19th Century 1
- Cuba--Pictorial works 1
- DVDs 1
- Dances with wolves (Motion picture) 1
- Drawing 1
- Drawings (visual works) 1
- Electronic publishing -- Mexico -- Specimens 1
- Enchanted Mesa (Valencia, N.M.) 1
- English language--Dialects--Southwest, New 1
- Ephemera 1
- Essays 1
- Fan magazines 1
- Fantastic Adventures 1
- Fantasy fiction -- Periodicals 1
- Fanzines 1
- Fiction -- 20th century 1
- Financial records 1 ∧ less
- Spanish; Castilian 4
- French 2
- Undetermined 2
- German 1
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 2
- Allen, Paula Gunn, 1939-2008 1
- Anaya, Rudolfo A., 1937-2020 1
- Barker, S. Omar (Squire Omar), 1894-1985 1
- Blake, Michael, 1945-2015 1
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 1
- Church, Peggy Pond, 1903-1986 1
- Clark, Ann Nolan, 1896-1995 1
- Collier, John, 1913-1992 1
- DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis, 1886-1983 1
- Ejército Zapatista de Liberación Nacional (Mexico) 1
- Etulain, Richard W. 1
- Johnson, Arthur (Arthur Harold), b. 1898 1
- Jonson Gallery 1
- Jonson, Raymond, 1891-1982 1
- Long, Haniel, 1888-1956 1
- Luhan, Mabel Dodge, 1879-1962 1
- Martínez, Demetria, 1960- 1
- Medina, Miche 1
- Momaday, N. Scott, 1934- 1
- Nichols, John Treadwell, 1940- 1
- Pearce, T. M. (Thomas Matthews), 1902- 1
- Warner, Edith, 1893-1951 1
- Western Writers of America 1
- Wood, Nancy C. 1 ∧ less