Showing Collections: 1 - 16 of 16
Scope and Content Collection consists of the legal, personal, and political papers of A.A. Jones. The bulk of the collection consists of legal papers which include several land grant, business, and probate case records. Land grant case records pertain to the Maxwell, Preston Beck, Mora, Las Vegas, and Eaton land grants. Included in the land grant case records are the papers of James and Helen Beck and New Mexico Chief Justice Elisha V. Long's opinion on the Las Vegas Land Grant. Companies involved in the...
Scope and Content Collection consists of correspondence, personal papers, manuscripts, genealogies, and clippings. Subjects include New Mexican customs and folklore, land grants and titles, and prominent figures in New Mexico history. Other topics include Chaves and Ortiz family histories, the 1680 Pueblo Revolt, and New Mexicos school system. Notable correspondents are Charles F. Lummis, B.W. "Win Page, Katharine Chaves Page, and Stephen B. Elkins. This collection was transferred from the Museum of New Mexico...
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of records from the Avery-Bowman Co., a real estate business in Santa Fe, New Mexico. Series I includes an abstract of title involving the Denver and Rio Grande Western Railway Co., and an abstract of title of the Roque Lovato Land Grant. Series II includes a patent conveying a tract of land adjacent to the plaza in Santa Fe from the U.S. Government to the City of Santa Fe. Series III includes the wills of many Santa Fe citizens, including Clara H. Olsen and Ernest...
Dates: 1782-1958 (bulk 1860-1933)
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Jacobo Yrisarri. Includes land records, estate records for various persons, financial records, and photographs. Land records include mining and warranty deeds, an abstract of title to land in Ranchos de Albuquerque, one map of land divisions in Candelaria, New Mexico, and copies of maps of the Atrisco and Elena Gallegos land grants. Financial records include tax receipts and assessments. Photographs include black and white images of Jacobo Yrisarri and...
Scope and Content Collection consists of professional and personal papers of Emiterio Rivera. Professional papers include promissory notes, coupons, advertisements, and receipts from several businesses in Santa Fe. Personal papers include deeds and land conveyances for properties in Santa Fe, and three financial documents of Asociacion Confraterny de la Santisima Trenidad recording costs and payments in 1893, 1894, and 1898.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Some materials are in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of Fiske's professional papers. Series I consists of various legal documents, including a contract retaining Fiske as defense attorney in the trial of James G. Whitney for the murder of Manuel B. Otero, and 67 pages of testimony from the case of Edward Miller v. Alphonso Dockweiler over water rights involving the Rio Tesuque, Acequia Madre, and Acequia del Medio in northern New Mexico. Series II consists of legal documents, deeds, land conveyances, and other...
Dates: 1840-1968 (bulk 1840-1909)
Scope and Content Collection consists of Santiago L. Hubbell's papers, deeds to the Pajarito property, Philip Hubbell's papers, and miscellaneous family papers. Santiago's papers include correspondence, business records, military orders, and sutler records. Items included are a muster roll for Hubbell's Company of New Mexican Mounted Volunteers (1861) and a 1859 translation of Juan Jose Lucero's account of his 1847 campaign against the Navajos. Philip's papers include personal and business records. Included are...
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the Avery-Bowman Co. of Santa Fe, New Mexico, and the personal papers of Jennie M. Avery and Grace Bowman. Avery-Bowman Co. records include records of its predecessors the Santa Fe Abstract, Realty and Insurance Agency and the Joseph B. Hayward Agency. These records include land conveyances, deeds, titles, surveys, appraisals, abstracts, and various legal documents, most of which involve property in the vicinity of Santa Fe. The personal papers of Grace Bowman...
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of materials relating to land and property in Santa Fe and northern New Mexico owned by Jesus Maria Baca. Includes materials on the City Ice and Storage Co. of Santa Fe and several New Mexico ranches. Materials concerning Senator Cutting deal only with real estate transactions in Santa Fe. Includes transcript of Santa Fe County District Court Civil Case # 19438, Baca vs. Baca et al., in which Julia S. Baca received authorization as administrator of Jesus Maria...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the records of Lincoln County, New Mexico (1869-1932). Included are records of the county clerk (1869-1912), assessor (1870-1912), auditor (1875), treasurer (1883-1932), sheriff (1875-1897), county commissioners (1889-1912), justice of the peace (1876-1904), probate court (1870-1920), and miscellaneous records. Clerks records include poll and tally books, voter lists, election records, mining records, and registers of bonds, deeds, and marriages. Miscellaneous records...
Scope and Content Collection consists of the papers of Louis William Geck. Included are military service records, land records, district court case records, records pertaining to the Civil War and the occupation of Mesilla, records pertaining to Geck's pension, guardianship records, and family papers and photographs. Military service records include his military bounty claims. Land records include conveyances and deeds for land in Dona Ana County and Mesilla, New Mexico. District court records pertain to Geck's...
Dates: 1846-1985 (bulk 1846-1892)
Scope and Content Collection consists of Armijo's business and personal papers. Correspondence primarily concerns legal matters and includes letters to Armijo from Elisha V. Long; letters sent and received by Octaviano A. Larrazolo, a business associate of Armijo who later served as Governor of New Mexico from 1919 to 1920; and Armijo's correspondence with Harry S. Bowman, Attorney General of New Mexico. Other documents include Armijo's expense statements as District Court Judge; his correspondence as Las Vegas...
Scope and Content Collection consists of case files and a variety of documents such as wills, deeds, and estate records from legal cases handled by Laughlin. Series I includes materials on homestead claims and businesses such as the Globe Land Co. and the La Fonda Hotel. Series II includes materials on acequias and water rights, banks (including the First National Bank of Santa Fe and the Santa Fe Bank), mining companies (including the Rio Arriba Coal Co.), and the Denver and Rio Grande Railroad Co. Series III...
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the New Mexico Capitol Buildings Improvement Commission and other territorial and state agencies charged with the duties of construction, maintenance, improvement, and supervision of territorial and state government buildings and lands, particularly those located in the state capital of Santa Fe (1853-1968). Includes records of the New Mexico Public Buildings Commission (1853-1873); Capitol Rebuilding Commission (1892-1901); Capitol Custodian Committee...
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers of individuals associated with the Charles Ilfeld Co., a mercantile company which operated in Las Vegas, Santa Fe, and other parts of northern New Mexico. Series I consists of the business and personal papers of Charles Ilfeld. Business papers include deeds, certificates, licenses, conveyances, blueprints, correspondence, contracts, notebooks, receipts, invoices, and other materials from the Charles Ilfeld Co. Personal papers include correspondence, notebooks, an...
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of land grant and land conveyance documents (Seriesi I and II) from the Albuquerque-Bernalillo area and surrounding communities in New Mexico (1697-1929). Included are deeds and records concerning the Alameda and Joseph Telles Jiron land grants, homestead lands, and the San Mateo Ranch. Series III (persons) includes the estate papers, estate inventories, and wills of various members of the related Perea family. Miscellaneous documents include Jacobo Yrisarri's...
- Estate records 7
- Conveyances 6
- Wills 5
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 4
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 4
- Legal documents 4
- Map 4
- Clippings 3
- Contracts 3
- Financial records 3
- Land grants -- New Mexico 3
- Lawyers -- New Mexico 3
- Legal files 3
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 3
- Real property -- New Mexico 3
- Water rights -- New Mexico 3
- Account books 2
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- Family papers 2
- Homestead law -- New Mexico 2
- Invoices 2
- Lawyers New Mexico 2
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 2
- Mora Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Mortgages 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 2
- Notarial documents 2
- Piedra Lumbre Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Preston Beck Land Grant (N.M.) 2
- Real property -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Commerce 2
- Tax records 2
- Abstracts 1
- Acequia Madre (N.M.) 1
- Acequia del Medio (N.M.) 1
- Advertisements 1
- Alameda (N.M.) -- History 1
- Alameda Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Newspapers 1
- Annual reports 1
- Antonio Martinez Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Antonio Sedilla Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Appraisals (financial records) 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Arroyo Hondo Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Articles of incorporation 1
- Attorneys General New Mexico 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Bankruptcy -- New Mexico 1
- Banks and banking -- New Mexico 1
- Bernalillo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Bernalillo County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Bills, Legislative 1
- Blueprints 1
- Brazitos Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Caja del Rio Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Candelaria (N.M.) -- History 1
- Certificates 1
- Cieneguilla Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Civil procedure -- New Mexico 1
- Color photographs 1
- Coupons 1
- Cow Creek Ranch (N.M.) 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- Lincoln County 1
- Ditches New Mexico 1
- Doña Ana County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Eaton Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Editors New Mexico Las Vegas 1
- Education -- New Mexico 1
- Elena Gallegos Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Estate inventories 1
- Folklore -- New Mexico 1
- Fort March (N.M.) 1
- Indexes 1
- Inventories 1
- Irrigation and canals and flumes New Mexico 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico -- Lincoln County 1
- Jews -- New Mexico 1
- Jose Demetrio Medina Ranch (N.M.) 1
- Joseph Telles Jiron Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Judges New Mexico 1
- Judicial records 1
- La Majada Land Grant (N.M.) -- Maps 1
- Land Titles Registration and Transfer New Mexico Mora County 1
- Land grants New Mexico 1
- Land grants--New Mexico 1
- Land surveys 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico -- Santa Clara Pueblo 1
- Land titles -- New Mexico 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Chimayo 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Lincoln County 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Dona Ana County 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Mesilla 1 ∧ less
- Cutting, Bronson M., 1888-1935 2
- Avery, Jennie M., -1976 1
- Catron, Thomas Benton, 1840-1921 1
- Charles Ilfeld Company 1
- Elkins, Stephen B. (Stephen Benton), 1841-1911 1
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 1
- Gross, Kelly & Company, Inc 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Jones, Andrieus Aristieus, 1862-1927 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Stinson, Katherine, 1891-1977 1
- United States. Pueblo Lands Board 1 ∧ less