Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 71
Scope and Content The Alamo Navajo Oral History Project collection consists of 23 interviews on 26 CDs with related photographs. The interviews were conducted between 1977 and 1984 with people from the Alamo Navajo Reservation in southwestern New Mexico. The interviewees include: Louise Abeyta, Narciso Abeyta, John Anderson Pino, Denny Y. Apachito, Julian Apachito, Martiano Apachito, Billy Apachito, Hattie Apachito, Helen Apachito, Ida Apachito, Bessie Field Baca, John M. Baca. Thomas Ganadonegro, John Guerro,...
Abstract This collection contains the records of the Albuquerque Center for Peace and Justice. It includes information on the history and structure of the organization and its work on issues including nuclear disarmament, nonviolence, solidarity with Central America, and military recruitment.
Dates: 1961-2010; Majority of material found within 1980-1989
Abstract Alfonso Sanchez was the District Attorney for Rio Arriba County during the land struggle of Reies Lopez Tijerina and the Alianza Federal de las Mercedes. The collection consists of biographical materials pertaining to Alfonso Sanchez, as well as materials pertaining to the Tierra Amarillo land grant and Reies Lopez Tijerina.
Dates: 1856-2004; Majority of material found within 1955-1970
Identifier: MSS -611-BC
Scope and Content The Augusta Fink Papers consist of four boxes of research notes, correspondence, newspaper clippings, and interviews, used by Fink in her work on two of her books, the biography of Mary Austin, I, Mary, and her book on the Monterey Peninsula, Monterey: The Presence Of The Past. The collection is divided into four series: I. Research files and manuscript for I, Mary; II. Research files for ...
Scope and Content This collection consists of the research materials, collected data, publications and reports used and generated in conjunction with the Barelas Community Project. Video and audio taped interviews, questionnaires, sociometric surveys, and information secured from informants are included in the collection. Box 1 contains most of the printed data and research, including the project proposal, surveys, and reports. A copy of Los Bareleños de Albuquerque,...
Dates: 1877-1985; Majority of material found in 1973-1974
Abstract The Curtis collection contains a wide variety of recordings including music, programs and interviews. They range from Navajo, Pueblo, Keresan, Laguna and Mescalero Apache and songs and dances, Spanish alabados, Christmas plays, and wedding dances and popular music, to Anglo American fiddle and cowboy tunes and African American gospel music. Also included are some songs from the Cheyenne and Plains Indians, the Tarahumara of Chihuahua, the Indians of Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia and Peru, and a...
Abstract The collection consists of one recording of the special Hispanic wedding entriega song composed and sung in Spanish and English by Consuelo Luz for the Southwest Hispanic Arts Curriculum Symposium at the University of New Mexico in 1994. Included also are the meaning of an entriega and the lyrics of this song.
Abstract This collection consists of sound recordings from the radio documentary series "Writing the Southwest," a thirteen-part national radio documentary exploring literature from multiethnic authors (mainly from New Mexico) who helped define Southwestern American literature. The collection also contains research materials collected by David Dunaway, which he then used to produce the radio series and edit a companion book with Dr. Sara Spurgeon,Writing the...
Abstract The collection contains David Kammer’s accumulated research, notes, and writing pertaining to his work as a cultural and architectural historian. Most of the work relates to State and National Register nominations for properties and districts in New Mexico, and Route 66.
Dates: 1934-2009; Majority of material found within 1990-2008
Abstract Contains personal papers and family history from David Wilde's life in England and others related to his life and writings in Albuquerque.
Abstract This collection consists of material collected and produced by Dennis Trujillo for the research and writing of his dissertation “The Commodification of Hispano Culture in New Mexico: Tourism, Mary Austin, and the Spanish Colonial Arts Society."
Abstract This is a collection of oral history recordings and tape logs with long-time residents of Chimayo, NM. Don Usner is the interviewer. Interviewees speak about their memories of the Plaza del Cerro, the history of Chimayo, and tell stories about life in Chimayo.
Scope and Content The East Mountain Oral History Project collection consists of interviews conducted by Joyce Mendel with the following residents: Jose Candelaria, Bob Cooper, Adilia Garcia, Leandro Garcia, Barbara Herrera, Tom Herrera, Bill Loudon, Andres Mora, Antonia Mora, Dorela Perea, David Salazar, Jacquelyn Schaefer, M. Zanettie and Vicki Scoresone. The interviews are in a combination of English and Spanish languages. The collection also includes a tape of reminiscences from Alejandro Herrera, recorded in...
Dates: 1908-2001 (bulk, 1989-1996)
Edgar D. Nunns collection of the 14th National Science Fair International recordings and transcriptions
Abstract The collection consists of recordings and transcripts of speeches presented at the 14th National Science Fair International, which took place in Albuquerque (NM), May 6-10, 1963.
Dates: 1963 May 6-10
Abstract The collection features sound recordings and background information on Juan B. Rael, interviews and photos from the 1995 Farmers’ Markets Project in Colorado Springs, and folk music recordings (corridos, inditas, alabados and other traditional songs) and photographs with Native Americans and Hispanics of New Mexico, Cajuns in Texas, and Mexicans on the U.S. Mexican border. Topics covered range from life along the Rio Grande, the Penitentes, Matachines, the blessing of the acequias, tributes to...
Abstract The Committee was created in 1992 to review the plan of merging three different student services centers (African American, Hispanic/Chicano, and American Indian Student Services) together to create a single multicultural center. The boxes contain correspondence, agendas, memoranda, minutes, and reports.
Abstract The collection consists of records of F.B.I. investigations about convicted spy Klaus Fuchs, and research materials related to Szasz's writings such as, "The Culture of Modern New Mexico, 1940-1970," and "Tony Hillerman and the turn-of-the-century American Southwest" and for his book, Great Mysteries of the West The collection also contains research materials pertaining to the Manhattan Project at Los Alamos, the Trinity Site, World War II...
Dates: 1894-2005; Majority of material found in 1942-1999
Finding aid of the Oral History Interviews of the New Mexico Department of Transportation Oral History Mitigation Projects
Abstract The collection consists of oral history interviews conducted by Shawn Kelley for Paramatrix, under contract with the New Mexico Department of Transportation. The interviews were designed to mitigate adverse effects of various projects, including US 82 (Riley Homestead) Data Recovery Project (Eddy County, NM) and Cambray Bridge Replacement Mitigation Project (Luna County, NM).
Abstract The collection consists of recordings of songs performed by Frank McCulloch, Jr. or Frank and his musical groups between 2008 and 2019. Some are original works while others are renditions of well-known songs from New Mexico, Mexico, Paraguay, Spain, Ireland, Scotland, England, and the United States. In addition, the collection contains material about McCulloch’s landscape paintings, teaching career, family history and photographs.
Dates: 1960-2019; Majority of material found within 2000-2017
Frank V. Mares and Bruna Valencia Mares “No Hay Cosa Como La Madre” recording and associated material
Abstract The collection contains a Spanish mariachi song, “No Hay Cosa Como La Madre” composed by Frank and Bruna Mares for Frank’s mother.
Scope and Contents The Phillip (Felipe) B. Gonzales papers contain institutional documents, letters, and press publications. Its main area focus involves historical aspects of the Hispanic experience in New Mexico and the Southwest. Included are Spanish-language articles dating from the mid-late 19th century and early-mid 20th century, including popular political poetry, partisan political contention, and public discourse. Another series touches on controversial Nuevomexicano ethnic identity. Data on the...
Dates: 1883 - 2019
Abstract The New Mexico Green Party records consist largely of correspondence, flyers and brochures, newspaper clippings, newsletters, agendas, budgets, meeting minutes, and audio/video recordings. Materials document the political activism of the Green Party in New Mexico and its connection to national politics, environmental activism, and social and ecological negotiations.
Dates: 1987-2002; Majority of material found within 1994-2000
Identifier: MSS 891 BC
Abstract This collection contains material generated and collected by Hector Torres during his career as a writer and professor of English. The collection contains research for his books, class lectures, and university correspondence. There is also material related to his undergraduate and graduate student work and personal notebook writings.
Identifier: MSS -634-BC
Scope and Content The collection consists of a bound volume, which contains a project history and transcripts for 9 of the 10 interviews. There are 10 audio cassette tapes (60 minute) containing interviews with 8 individuals. There are 6 DVDs, each containing a single interview. Audio recordings are audio versions of the video recordings. Not all interviews have a transcript, an audiotape, and a DVD. For example, there is only an audiotape of the Elba C. De Baca interview; the Carlota Gonzales interview consists...
Dates: 1989-1997 (bulk 1992)
Abstract The collection contains the publications, administrative records, and research materials of the Interhemispheric Resource Center, a progressive think tank that published on US foreign policy, Latin America, and US-Mexico border issues.
- Sound recordings 68
- Oral histories 21
- Mural painting and decoration 18
- Photographs 15
- Letters 10
- Clippings 7
- Folk music -- New Mexico 7
- Songs, Spanish -- New Mexico 6
- Artists -- New Mexico 5
- Correspondence 4
- Folk music – New Mexico 4
- Interviews 4
- Interviews -- Sound recordings 4
- Mariachi 4
- Music -- New Mexico 4
- Alabados 3
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Interviews 3
- Corridos 3
- Minorities -- Political activity -- United States 3
- Music 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 3
- Popular music -- New Mexico 3
- Slides (Photography) 3
- Architecture -- New Mexico 2
- Art--Slides 2
- Christmas plays, Spanish -- New Mexico 2
- Compact discs 2
- Country music – New Mexico 2
- Education--New Mexico 2
- Ephemera 2
- Fiddle tunes – New Mexico 2
- Folk Songs, Spanish -- New Mexico 2
- Folk dance music -- New Mexico 2
- Folk songs, Spanish -- New Mexico 2
- Frontier and pioneer life--New Mexico 2
- Hispanic Americans -- Music 2
- Hymns, Spanish -- New Mexico 2
- Indians of North America -- Education 2
- Indians of North America -- Ethnic Identity 2
- Indians of North America -- Music 2
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Music 2
- Inditas 2
- Land grants -- New Mexico 2
- Matachines (Music) 2
- Mexican Americans – Southwest, New -- Ethnic identity 2
- Minorities in art 2
- Minutes (Records) 2
- Music – New Mexico 2
- Navajo Indians – Music 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 2
- New Mexico -- Social conditions 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Railroads -- New Mexico -- History 2
- Ranch life -- New Mexico 2
- Songs, Spanish -- Mexico 2
- Songs, Spanish – New Mexico 2
- Spanish language – New Mexico 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico 2
- Veterans--New Mexico 2
- The Spanish Language of New Mexico and Southern Colorado: A Linguistic Atlas, Garland D. Bills and Neddy A. Vigil, University of New Mexico Press, 2008 1
- Academia de la Nueva Raza and Rio Grande Institute Records 1
- African Americans -- Music 1
- African Americans -- Social life and customs 1
- African Americans -- Study and teaching 1
- African Americans – New Mexico – Music 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 1
- Agriculture --New Mexico--History 1
- Agriculture and energy 1
- Akwesasne Notes 1
- Alamo Navajo Reservation (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Centennial celebrations, etc 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Albuquerque -- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 1
- Albuquerque singles scene 1
- Alternative Sources of Energy 1
- American Literature -- New Mexico 1
- American literature -- Hispanic American authors 1
- American literature -- Mexican American authors 1
- Anti-war demonstrations 1
- Architects -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Architecture, Domestic -- New Mexico 1
- Art -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Art -- Southwest, New -- History 1
- Art colonies – New Mexico – Santa Fe 1
- Art, American -- New Mexico 1
- Art, American -- New Mexico -- 20th century 1
- Art, American -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Art, American -- New Mexico -- Taos -- 20th century. 1
- Art, American Southwest, New 20th century 1
- Art, Spanish colonial – New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Artists--New Mexico--Taos 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- Great Britain -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- New Mexico -- Los Alamos -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- West (U.S.) -- History 1
- Attitude (Psychology) - - Testing 1 ∧ less
- English 65
- Spanish; Castilian 22
- Undetermined 6
- Navajo; Navaho 4
- North American Indian languages 2
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 2
- Cobos, Rubén 2
- Tijerina, Reies 2
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 2
- Abbey, Edward, 1927-1989 1
- Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984 1
- Adams, Clinton, 1918-2002 1
- American Indian Movement 1
- Anaya, Rudolfo A., 1937-2020 1
- Antreasian, Garo Z., 1922-2018 1
- Anzaldúa, Gloria, 1942-2004 1
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 1
- Aquash, Anna Mae, 1945-1976 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 1
- Atencio, Tomás, 1932-2014 1
- Bellecourt, Clyde H. (Clyde Howard), 1936- 1
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Collier, John, 1913-1992 1
- Foster, Joseph 1
- Heady, Ferrel 1
- Hennings, E. Martin, 1886-1956 1
- Hillerman, Tony, 1925-2008 1
- Kiva Club (University of New Mexico) 1
- Kloss, Gene, 1903-1996 1
- Phelps, Dodge & Co 1
- Rudnick, Lois Palken, 1944-2021 1
- Taos Society of Artists 1
- University of New Mexico. Department of Facility Planning 1
- Wells, Cady, 1904-1954 1
- White, Robert R. (Robert Rankin), 1942- 1 ∧ less