Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 37
Abstract This collection contains pamphlets related to Albuquerque and New Mexico. Topics range from political campaigns to national parks and monuments, and conferences convening in this area. Many pamphlets are aimed toward prospective residents, tourists, and health-seeking visitors to New Mexico.
Abstract The Albuquerque Photograph Collection is comprised of photographic prints, negatives, and postcards, depicting Albuquerque locations, landmarks, persons, and events.
Dates: 1881-1986; Majority of material found within 1900s, 1920s, 1950s, 1960s
Abstract This collection contains interior views of the Alvarado Hotel in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Dates: circa 1900-1968
Identifier: MSS -229 -BC
Scope and Content This collection consists of 131 items in three folders. The first folder contains printed material including Christmas cards and postcards, resort and publicity brochures from New Mexico, Arizona, Indiana and Florida, as well as miscellaneous programs. Most of the correspondence, articles and other papers in the second folder relate to Faris' career with the United States Office of Indian Affairs and the Indian Rights Association. There is also material about Chief Washakie and Sacajawea, whom...
Collection on Santa Fe politics, Debbie Jaramillo, and the making of the video documentary, "This town is not for sale!"
Abstract Collection of news articles, correspondence, political data and scripts and videotapes regarding the City of Santa Fe, the politics of the 1994 mayoral campaign, Mayor Debbie Jaramillo and the making of the documentary "This Town Is Not For Sale!"
Dates: 1984-2000; Majority of material found within 1993-1999
Abstract This collection contains material from 1925-1941 with the majority of the collection concerning the New Mexico Coronado Cuarto Centennial celebration.
Dates: 1925-1941; Majority of material found within 1935-1940
Abstract This collection consists of material collected and produced by Dennis Trujillo for the research and writing of his dissertation “The Commodification of Hispano Culture in New Mexico: Tourism, Mary Austin, and the Spanish Colonial Arts Society."
Scope and Content The diverse material which makes up the DeHuff Family Papers has been organized into five series. The first, scrapbooks and similar items, reflects Elizabeth"s habit of collecting small items throughout her long life. In addition to the scrapbooks proper, this series also contains several photograph albums and a large number of picture postcards. In series two, diaries and memoirs, John David takes center stage. His diaries document his life from 1901 to about 1940; the diaries...
Abstract Photographs of Hispanic and Indian peoples, landscapes, and cultural life of New Mexico from the 1920s to approximately 1945.
Abstract The primary component of this collection is a scrapbook of post cards, photos, and clipped information relating to travels in the Southwest, particularly national parks and monuments in New Mexico.
Abstract This collection contains Erna Fergusson's personal photographs of her travels, pre-Columbian architecture, Native American life and culture, and New Mexico.
Abstract The collection consists of records of F.B.I. investigations about convicted spy Klaus Fuchs, and research materials related to Szasz's writings such as, "The Culture of Modern New Mexico, 1940-1970," and "Tony Hillerman and the turn-of-the-century American Southwest" and for his book, Great Mysteries of the West The collection also contains research materials pertaining to the Manhattan Project at Los Alamos, the Trinity Site, World War II...
Dates: 1894-2005; Majority of material found in 1942-1999
Abstract The majority of the photographs relate to New Mexico and its history.
Abstract This collection consists mainly of New Mexico Tourist Bureau photographs.
Abstract Collection contains photographs of the Ohio State football team (Big Ten Champions) stopping at the Albuquerque train station on route to the Rose Bowl in 1921 and snapshots of the Yale Campus (1920) and Bowl game (1924). It also includes various scenes of New Mexico.
Dates: 1914-1972; Majority of material found within 1920-1929
Identifier: AC 064-S
Scope and Content Collection consist of the scrapbook of Harry H. Dorman, 1907-1912. The bulk of the clippings are from the New Mexican and the Eagle, a weekly publication for all of Santa Fe County. Subjects discussed are: politics, statehood, official appointments, tourism, development, Elephant Butte Dam, the Phelps-Dodge company indictment for land fraud, Judge Robert W. Archibald's impeachment from the United States Court of Commerce, and...
Abstract The album contains prints of photographs from Fred Harvey's, Indian Detours.
Identifier: PAC 060
Scope and Content Collections consists of several thousand images in print, negative, color slide format and some film reels.
Dates: 1938 - 1991; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 028
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers collected and created by Joseph Bursey, as Director of the New Mexico Tourist Bureau, 1940-1972.
Scope and Content The bulk of the holdings in the Photo Archives are of Southwestern subjects dating to the mid-1920s. The approximately 250 prints includes photographs of New Mexico landmarks and places, San Gabriel Ranch, Pecos River, Conjilon Camp, Santa Fe Fiesta, Grand Canyon, Colorado scenes, Taos, Albuquerque, Harvey Cars, Pueblos and some California. Photographs are sorted in folders by Kemp numbers but listed below by negative number. Collection also includes one photo album of 6”x 8” prints.
Dates: 1899 - 1941; Majority of material found within 1923 - 1929
Identifier: AC 361
Scope and Content Collection consists of nearly all her research materials as well as manuscripts with and without annotations; notes; lecture materials; correspondence; newspaper and journal clippings; book reviews of her books; Federal One, a newsletter of 1930s culture; and other publications. Included are research materials on New Mexico writers, penitentes and religion in New Mexico, materials on many of the Works Project Administration (WPA) projects in New Mexico, and...
Identifier: AC 619
Scope and Content The sketchbook is undated. It appears to have been handmade, of Ingres drawing paper with gouache sketches of New Mexico tourism scenes and sites, including St. Francis Cathedral and La Fonda in Santa Fe, El Rancho in Gallup, and scenes (including of dances) from many northern New Mexico Pueblos. Facing pages contain watercolor sketches of pottery, weavings and kachinas, along with line drawing cartoons. The sketchbook covers have separated from the interior pages.
Abstract Collection contains material related to the career of M. J. Davis as a New Mexico cartoonist and writer.
Scope and Content The collection contains reports, programs, press releases, pamphlets, published articles and correspondence relating to the Coronado Cuarto Centennial celebration, 1935 - 1940. It includes information on dramatic presentations, publicity, and tourism promotions for the events. Also included are materials about Coronado Cuarto Centennial events sponsored by the U.S. Coronado Exposition Committee.
Identifier: AC 332
Scope and Content Collection consists of pamphlets which reflect the history of Santa Fe and other New Mexico towns as destination for tourists. Advertising aimed at tourists includes guidebooks, maps and brochures, as well as a small section of guidebooks about Arizona, Spain, and Latin America. The collection is open-ended.
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 25
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 7
- NMHM Palace of the Governors Photo Archives 3
- Albuquerque Bernalillo County Special Collections Library 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico 21
- Photographs 9
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 8
- Tourism -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 5
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 4
- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 4
- Postcards 4
- Advertising -- New Mexico 3
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 3
- Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Tourism -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 3
- Advertising -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Arizona--Description and travel 2
- Canada -- Pictorial works 2
- Festivals -- New Mexico 2
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Indian art -- Southwest, New 2
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Photographs 2
- Map 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- New Mexico -- Commerce 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Pictorial works 2
- Portraits 2
- San Ildefonso Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Sound recordings 2
- Stereographs 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico -- History -- Sources 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico -- Photographs 2
- Travel literature 2
- Account books 1
- Acoma Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Advertising -- New Mexico -- Los Alamos 1
- Aerial photographs -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Airports -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 1
- Albumen prints 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Economic conditions 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Population 1
- Apache Indians 1
- Apache baskets -- Designs 1
- Archaeologists -- Pictorial works 1
- Archaeology -- Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Arizona--Guidebooks 1
- Art, Spanish colonial -- New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Artists' books 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- Great Britain -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- New Mexico -- Los Alamos -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- West (U.S.) -- History 1
- Austria--Pictorial works 1
- Authors -- Pictorial works 1
- Aztec (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Bandelier National Monument (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Bandelier National Monument N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Book illustrations 1
- Brochures 1
- Business -- Forms 1
- Camping -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Camps -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Carlsbad (N.M.) 1
- Carraiges and carts -- New Mexico 1
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 1
- Cartoonist 1
- Cartoons & Comics 1
- Chaco Culture National Historical Park (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Chase Ranch (N.M.) 1
- Chase Ranch (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Children's parties -- Pictorial works 1
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Christianity -- New Mexico 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Church buildings -- Pictorial works 1
- Cities and towns -- New Mexico -- Photographs. 1
- City and town life -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Cityscapes -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Clippings 1
- Colombia -- Pictorial works 1
- Color slides 1
- Color transparencies 1
- Colorado--Description and travel 1
- Commercial buildings -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 1
- Commercial buildings -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Congresses and conventions -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Couriers' instructional bulletin 1
- Courthouses -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 1
- Crosses -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 6
- French 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 5
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 3
- Harvey, Fred 3
- DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis, 1886-1983 2
- Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial Association 2
- Kabotie, Fred, 1900-1986 2
- New Mexico. Coronado Cuarto Centennial Commission 2
- Albuquerque High School (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Alvarado Hotel (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Boyd, E. (Elizabeth), 1903-1974 1
- C. de Baca, Elba 1
- Caplin, Harvey, 1914-1984 1
- Carrillo, Charles M. 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Coronado, Francisco Vásquez de, 1510-1554 1
- DeHuff Family 1
- Dorman, H.H. (Henry Howard), 1872-1960 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- Fergusson, Erna, 1888-1964 1
- Gandert, Miguel A. 1
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 1
- Herrera, Velino 1
- Jaramillo, Debbie 1
- Kemp, E. H. (Edward Henry), 1868-1948 1
- Kemp, Josephine A. (Agnes Sparrow), 1868-1941 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- League of United Latin American Citizens 1
- Martínez, María Montoya 1
- McCrossen, George 1
- New Mexico Magazine 1
- Phelps Dodge Corporation 1
- Rodríguez, Sylvia, 1947- 1
- Sierra, Christine Marie 1
- Stewart, Dorothy N. (Dorothy Newkirk), 1891-1955 1
- Szasz, Ferenc Morton, 1940-2010 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- Trujillo, Dennis P. 1
- University of New Mexico. Center for Southwest Research 1
- University of New Mexico. University Libraries 1
- Weigle, Marta 1
- Zimmerman, James Fulton, 1887-1944 1 ∧ less