- keyword(s): d. h. lawrence cswr
Showing Results: 1 - 25 of 31
Scope and Content This collection of Lawrence realia includes two items: White marble sculpture of Gertrude Stein, carved by Gladys Caldwell Fisher, [n.d.]. Winged Etruscan Horse with figures of a man and a woman: embroidered panel worked by D. H. Lawrence and Frieda Lawrence, in Barda Italy, 1912.
Abstract This collection contains photographs of Frieda and D. H. Lawrence.
Abstract Photographs of Frieda Lawrence alone and with others.
Abstract The collection consists mainly of records, programs, background, correspondence and news articles pertaining to the 1970 and 1980 New Mexico D. H. Lawrence Festivals.
Dates: 1955-1981; Majority of material found in 1969-1971, 1979-1981
Abstract Photographs from Virginia Hyde of D. H. Lawrence. Collection is unprocessed.
Dates: late 20th C
Scope and Content This collection, containing correspondence, holographic notebooks, prints, and clippings, appears to have been compiled by the University of New Mexico Special Collections. It documents discussions between the Library and Frieda Lawrence, concerning the disposition of D. H. Lawrence's manuscripts. It also contains correspondence from Albert James Diaz, Special Collections Librarian, requesting biographical information about Frieda Lawrence. Diaz was involved with editing and ultimately...
Abstract The collection includes the 1959 shooting final script as well as illustrations, proofs, and color separations and the final print for "Mrs. Morel in the Garden Path," used in the 1975 Cardavon Press limited edition of D. H. Lawrence’s Sons and Lovers.
Dates: 1959-1960, 1975
Abstract The Fisher Family Papers consist of documents related to the friendship of Gladys Campbell Fisher and Alan Fisher with D.H. and Frieda Lawrence.
Scope and Content The D.H. Lawrence collection contains 26 typescripts (usually carbon copies), and 5 galley proofs. Some of the typescripts have minor alterations in ink. Most of them appear to come from Lawrence's English agent, Curtis Brown as some bear his label and are stamped, "Must Await American Release Date." Included are 16 essays, 5 short stories, 2 poems, a play, 5 introductions, book reviews, 2 miscellaneous items associated with Lawrence, as well as correspondence. Also included in the collection...
Dates: 1920-1963 ( bulk 1923-1934 )
Abstract Handwritten and signed letters by D. H. Lawrence, including envelopes and photographs.
Abstract The collection consists of research notes of E.M. Watkins about D.H. Lawrence, Frieda Lawrence, Katherine Mansfield, John Middleton Murry, and other friends and contemporaries of the Lawrences.
Dates: [ca. 1958-1975?]
Abstract Letters written to Warren Roberts from Frieda Lawrence and Dorothy Brett regarding dispensation of D. H. Lawrence material.
Dates: 1954-2003; Majority of material found within 1954-1971
Abstract Twenty five prints from Witter Bynner's original negatives documenting his acquaintance with D. H. Lawrence and Freida Lawrence in New Mexico and Mexico.
Identifier: UNMA 088
Abstract The D.H. Lawrence Ranch near Taos, New Mexico, was gifted to UNM after the death of Frieda Lawrence. The collection consists of five folders of materials related to the D.H. Lawrence Ranch from the late 1990s through early 2000s.
Dates: 1998 - 2002
Abstract Reproductions of photographs from "Letters to Seltzers" by D. H. Lawrence.
Scope and Content The papers of Ernest W. Tedlock relate mainly to his research and general interest in D.H. and Frieda Lawrence. Reference to works and projects concerning other literary figures such as Dylan Thomas and John Steinbeck are a minute portion of this collection but underscore Tedlock's interest in a particular literary period. The collection itself is divided into six series and reflects Tedlock's scholarly interest in the study of D.H. Lawrence. The first series is entirely composed of...
Abstract Photos of Dorothy Brett, her family and friends taken in Europe and New Mexico, principally in the Taos area. Includes other well-known personalities of the New Mexican art community.
Abstract Collection contains writer and author Joseph Foster's correspondence and manuscript drafts.
Dates: 1920s - 1980s
Scope and Content The first 3 boxes of the collection contain the general correspondence files of the press. The correspondence documents the inception and the development of the press, as well as containing correspondence from a vast array of contemporary poets, novelists, editors, and publishers. The remaining 21 boxes of the collection consists of Black Sparrow Press' archives of titles published between 1973 and 1976. There are more than 60 titles, representing some 30 different authors,...
Abstract Collection consists mostly of photos of T. M. Pearce, his family, colleagues, and friends and of subjects related to the folklore and history of New Mexico.
Scope and Content This collection consists of Dorothy Eugenie Brett's personal papers from 1939 to 1977, the time of her death. Letters received by John Manchester after Brett's death in 1977 often refer to Brett and have therefore been integrated. John Manchester, himself a painter, had his first meeting with Dorothy Eugenie Brett during the summer of 1949 in Taos. After that he stayed in contact with her until he moved to Taos in 1963 having bought a house and becoming Brett's neighbor, friend and...
Scope and Content The T.M. Pearce collection consists of four series: I. Research and writings; II. New Mexico Folklore Society (NMFS) Records; III. Personal papers and correspondence; IV. Miscellaneous and oversized materials. The Research and Writings series reflects the wide range of interests that Pearce pursued. The manuscripts, drafts and notes, collected research materials, audio recordings and correspondence found here are divided into subseries by general subjects as follows: A. Southwest Literature; B....
Abstract The collection, formerly called the Laughing Horse collection, contains nearly 200 printing blocks, mostly wood. Many of the blocks were associated with Willard “Spud" Johnson’s Taos, N.M. publications. Prints from the blocks are also included in the collection, including a set of art prints from selected blocks, printed by Jane Abrams.
Dates: circa 1924-1982; Majority of material found in 1924-1952, 1982
Abstract The Paul Lusk papers relate to Albuquerque city, neighborhood, and transportation planning, including socioeconomic analysis and growth management, 1956-1998. The collection illuminates Lusk's career as a city planner and professor of architecture and planning.
Abstract This collection consists of correspondence, news clippings, journals, scrapbooks, photographs and genealogical information relating to the Porter and Harvey families. The collection documents their personal, social, and political experiences.
Dates: 1815-2012 (bulk 1917-1969)
- Type: Collection X
- Photographs 7
- Letters 4
- Authors 2
- Authors, American 2
- Authors, English 2
- Bloomsbury group 2
- Correspondence 2
- D. H. Lawrence Ranch (N.M.) 2
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 2
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 2
- Negatives (Photographs) 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Postcards 2
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Economic conditions 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- American fiction--Southwest, New 1
- American literature -- 20th century -- Bibliography 1
- Architects 1
- Architectural drawings 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Art, Modern--20th century--New Mexico 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- 19th century -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Arts (Brooklyn, N.Y. : 1920) 1
- Atlixco (Mexico) 1
- Authors -- Pictorial works 1
- Authors and Publishers -- United States 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Authors, American -- Southwest, New 1
- Autographs -- New Mexico 1
- Block printing – New Mexico – 20th century 1
- Businesspeople -- New Mexico -- 19th century -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 1
- Chapala (Jalisco, Mexico) 1
- Church buildings -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Coal Strike, Gallup, N.M., 1933 1
- College buildings -- Designs and plans 1
- Crepúsculo (Taos, N.M. : 1948) 1
- Detail drawings (drawings) 1
- English Literature -- 20th Century 1
- English language--Dialects--Southwest, New 1
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Festivals -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Floor plans 1
- Folklore--New Mexico 1
- From Bloomsbury to New Mexico : a biography 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico 1
- Glass negatives 1
- Great Britain--History--Edward VII, 1901-1910 1
- Historians -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Historic buildings -- New Mexico 1
- Horsefly 1
- Intellectuals -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico 1
- Land use, Urban -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque Metropolitan Area 1
- Landscape architecture -- Designs and plans 1
- Landscape architecture -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Landscaping plans 1
- Laughing Horse 1
- Laughing Horse Collection 1
- Lawrence and Brett; a friendship 1
- Lawyers -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Lincoln County (N.M.) -- History 1
- Literary agents 1
- Magazine illustration -- New Mexico 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Map 1
- Maxwell Land Grant (N.M. and Colo.) 1
- Mexico -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Military dependents -- Correspondence 1
- Neighborhood planning 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 19th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Novelists, American – 20th century 1
- Pageants -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque -- Pictorial works 1
- Photographic prints 1
- Photomechanical prints 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century. 1
- Poets, American -- New Mexico. 1
- Politicians -- New Mexico -- 19th century --20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Portrait prints 1
- Pueblo Revival 1
- Pueblos -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Railroads -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Ranchers -- New Mexico -- 19th century -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Ranches -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Santos (Art) -- New Mexico 1
- Screenplays 1
- Slawson, Alfred Charles, 1920-1987 1
- Slides (Photography) 1 ∧ less
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 18
- Lawrence, Frieda, 1879-1956 10
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 5
- Brett, Dorothy, 1883-1977 4
- Luhan, Mabel Dodge, 1879-1962 3
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 3
- Black Sparrow Press 2
- Pearce, T. M. (Thomas Matthews), 1902- 2
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 2
- Abrams, Jane, 1940- 1
- Alvarado Hotel (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Axtell, Samuel B. (Samuel Beach), 1819-1891 1
- Baca, Elfego, 1864-1945 1
- Barker, S. Omar (Squire Omar), 1894-1985 1
- Billy, the Kid 1
- Church, Peggy Pond, 1903-1986 1
- Collier, John, 1884-1968 1
- DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis, 1886-1983 1
- Eckbo, Dean, Austin & Williams 1
- Flatow, Moore, Bryan & Fairburn 1
- Foster, Joseph 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 1
- Gorman, R. C. (Rudolph Carl), 1932-2005 1
- Keleher family 1
- Keleher, William A. (William Aloysius), 1886-1972 1
- Knee, Ernest, 1907-1982 1
- Long, Haniel, 1888-1956 1
- Luhan, Tony 1
- Manchester, John, 1917-1988 1
- Meem, John Gaw, 1894-1983 1
- Meem, Zehner, Holien and Associates 1
- Mitchell, Albert K., b. 1894 1
- New Mexico D.H. Lawrence Festival 1
- Predock, Antoine 1
- Pyle, Ernie, 1900-1945 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Tingley, Clyde 1
- University of New Mexico 1
- University of New Mexico. Department of Facility Planning 1
- Wilde, David, 1944-2019 1 ∧ less