Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 53
Identifier: AC 070-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of material related to Dyer's involvement in the Taos Revolt.
Identifier: MSS 895 SC
Abstract This is Ann Merrill’s collection of letters and notes written to her by Frank Waters from 1965-1979. The letters give insight into personal journeys, daily goings on, connections with the Taos scene, and travels in Mexico and Guatemala.
Dates: 1965-2012; Majority of material found within 1966-1979
Identifier: AC 530-p
Scope and Content Collection contains letters, notes, and clippings about Taos Fiesta and the Santa Fe Trail. Letters also refer to the Council Grove (KS) Historical Society.
Dates: 1925; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Abstract The collection addresses the life of author, feminist, and naturalist Mary Austin. Portraits of Austin, her friends, family, and fellow writers are included.
Abstract This collection contains photographs of various locales, primarily in New Mexico. Most images are of buildings and architectural details of buildings in small towns, cities, and the pueblos of New Mexico.
Identifier: MSS -1002-BC
Abstract The collection contains Beatrice Mandelman and Louis Ribak's personal papers, art-related documents, and the Mandelman-Ribak Foundation's Oral Archives History Project.
Abstract This collection includes photographs, slides, posters and other visual material related to Beatrice Mandelman and Louis Ribak's professional artistic work, along with family, friends, other Taos artists, and travel images.
Abstract Reproductions of photographs from "Letters to Seltzers" by D. H. Lawrence.
Abstract The Carroll C. Thomas Film Collection contains home movies of boy scout events and the boy scout camp, Aztec, White Sands, pottery, skiing, Taos, Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Fiesta Santa Fe, as well as family events and various trips across the U.S.
Identifier: AC 131-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of letters, receipts, business cards, one newspaper clipping, one pamphlet, and several checkbooks found among Lawrence's belongings upon his death in 1930. Four of the letters are to Lawrence: one letter from publisher Edward W. Titus concerning the publication of "Lady Chatterley's Lover;" one letter from Mrs. E. Lahr of the Progressive Bookshop in London concerning newly published books; one letter from the Westminster Bank concerning Lawrence's bank accounts; and one...
Scope and Content Letter from Mabel Dodge Lujan to Norman Donaldson, 1938. (Box 1, Folder 2). This is a collection of letters written to Norman V. Donaldson, his wife Hildegarde, and his daughter Virginia "Midge" Donaldson, by Mabel Dodge Luhan, Dorothy Brett, Robinson Jeffers, and "Eileen Q" (Eileen Quinn, who was sales manager for the University of New Mexico Press). Norman Donaldson became secretary of Yale University Press in 1938, was appointed...
Abstract Photos of Dorothy Brett, her family and friends taken in Europe and New Mexico, principally in the Taos area. Includes other well-known personalities of the New Mexican art community.
Abstract Photographs of Dorothy Dunn, Max Kramer, and the Taos Day School.
Abstract The Eduardo Fuss Photograph Collection consists of images of New Mexico towns, pueblos, National Monuments and Parks, and the cities of Albuquerque, Santa Fe, and Taos.
Abstract The collection contains negatives and prints photographed by Duane Van Vechten, Edwin Lineberry, Carl Van Vechten and Fannie Brownell Maynard Van Vechten. The materials range from family portraits and domestic scenes to landscapes and travel photographs.
Dates: 1880-1990; Majority of material found within 1920-1940
Identifier: AC 354
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers of Ernest L. Blumenschein, including Blumenschein's correspondence; articles and clippings about him and his work, and biographical and genealogical information. Collection also contains copies of his letters to Ellis Butler Parker. Some of the material is contained in Blumenschein's scrapbooks. Additionally, collection holds financial and tax records, and ephemeral material such as driver's licences and passports. Inventory was produced at item level...
Abstract Collection consists of exhibition quality prints taken in New Mexico by Farm Security Administration and Office of War Information photographers during the Great Depression and World War II.
Abstract Collection contains photographic and print portraits of Frank C. Churchill, a group of civil engineers, and unidentified others, including Pueblo Indians. The majority of the photographs are of various pueblos in New Mexico, focusing on views and structures, including the mission churches.
Abstract The majority of the photographs relate to New Mexico and its history.
Abstract Twenty four (22" x 17") photographic prints of New Mexico landscapes in the Taos and Abiquiu, NM areas.
Dates: 2001-2011; Majority of material found in 2010-2011
Abstract The Harwood Foundation operates the Harwood Museum of Art in Taos, New Mexico. This collection contains the meeting minutes of the Harwood Advisory Board and the Taos Country Project.
Identifier: AC 376
Scope and Content There is material from her war service, correspondence, drawings, and publications. Her historical writings about Taos valley and other areas in New Mexico are included. Research manuscripts on archaeology and history are in the collection. In addition, there are materials from many of the organizations that interested Blumenschein, such as the Wilderness Society. There is also banking and tax material.
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials from members of these three inter-related familes from the area of Taos, New Mexico. Most of the collection is made up of land conveyances, wills, business documents, and correspondence. Includes a photocopy of Teresita Bent's handwritten account of her father Governor Charles Bent's assassination in 1847; land conveyances involving Maria Ygnacia Jaramillo; personal papers of Cornelio Vigil; a speech by L. Bradford Prince; business and personal...
Abstract The John Gaw Meem Non-Job-Specific Photo Collection contains photographs compiled by architect John Gaw Meem.
Abstract This collection contains photographs of buildings designed and built by architect, John Gaw Meem.
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 39
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 9
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 2
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 2
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- Photographs 19
- Taos (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 12
- Taos (N.M.) -- History 8
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 6
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 4
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 4
- Taos (N.M.) 4
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Correspondence 3
- Farmington (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 3
- Intellectuals -- New Mexico -- Taos 3
- Letters 3
- Negatives (Photographs) 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 3
- Postcards 3
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Taos (N.M.) -- Intellectual life 3
- Taos (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 3
- Zuni (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 3
- Abiquiu (N.M.) – Pictorial works 2
- Abstract expressionism--United States--20th century 2
- American literature 2
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos 2
- Art--Exhibitions 2
- Artists -- New Mexico 2
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Biography 2
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Aztec (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Black-and-white photographs 2
- Carlsbad (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Chimayo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Cimarron (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Clippings 2
- Clovis (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Columbus (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Conveyances 2
- Elizabethtown (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Embudo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Espanola (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Exhibition catalogs 2
- Family papers 2
- Jemez Springs (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Lamy (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Las Cruces (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Los Cerrillos (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Mabel Dodge Luhan House (Taos, N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Minutes (Records) 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 2
- New Mexico -- History, Military 2
- Oral histories 2
- Photograph albums 2
- Pictorial works 2
- San Francisco de Asis Church (Ranchos de Taos, N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Santo Domingo Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Slides 2
- Social realism--United States 2
- Socorro (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Sound recordings 2
- Subculture -- New Mexico -- Taos 2
- Taos (N.M.) - History 2
- Taos (N.M.) -- Photographs 2
- Taos (N.M.) History 2
- Taos (N.M.) – Social life and customs – 20th century 2
- Taos (N.M.)--History--20th century 2
- Taos (N.M.)--In art 2
- Taos School of Art 2
- Watrous (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Wills 2
- 16mm (photographic film size) 1
- 8mm (photographic film size) 1
- Abiquiu (N.M.) -- 1935 1
- Abo (N.M.) -- 1910-1940 -- Pictorial works 1
- Acapulco (Mexico) -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- 1910-1950 -- Pictorial works 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Addresses 1
- Adobe buildings -- New Mexico -- 1935-1943 1
- Agricultural laborers -- 1935-1943 1
- Alamo (San Antonio, Tex.) -- 1910-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Alamogordo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- 1928-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- 1930-1960 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Negatives (Photographs) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Photographs 1
- Alcalde (N.M.) -- 1910-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Algeria -- 1910-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Algodones (N.M.) -- 1910-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Algodones (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Altars -- New Mexico -- Las Trampas -- 1943 1
- Amalia (N.M.) -- 1940 1
- Amusement parks -- Pictorial works 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Architectural elements -- New Mexico -- 1910-1975 -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 10
- Brett, Dorothy, 1883-1977 4
- Lawrence, Frieda, 1879-1956 4
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 3
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 3
- Taos Society of Artists 3
- Bent, Charles, 1799-1847 2
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 2
- Blumenschein, Helen G. (Helen Greene), 1909-1989 2
- Blumenschein, Mary Shepard Greene, 1869-1958 2
- Carson, Kit, 1809-1868 2
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 2
- Historic American Buildings Survey 2
- Rudnick, Lois Palken, 1944-2021 2
- Abbey, Edward, 1927-1989 1
- Abrams, Jane, 1940- 1
- Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Black Sparrow Press 1
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Collier, John, 1913-1992 1
- Foster, Joseph 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Gorman, R. C. (Rudolph Carl), 1932-2005 1
- Harwood Foundation 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Knee, Ernest, 1907-1982 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Los Alamos National Laboratory 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- New Mexico Historical Records Survey 1
- Prince, L. Bradford (Le Baron Bradford), 1840-1922 1
- Scheurich, Josephine Mercedes 1
- Stevenson, Matilda Coxe, 1850-1915 1
- United States. Army. Volunteer Cavalry, 1st 1
- Walter, Paul A. F. 1
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 1
- Wells, Cady, 1904-1954 1
- Wilderness Society (U.S.) 1 ∧ less