Showing Collections: 26 - 47 of 47
LaDonna Harris Papers and Americans for Indian Opportunity Records
Abstract The collection consists of documents from LaDonna Harris' life as an activist and from AIO's four decades of operation as a non-profit organization involved in advocacy and development projects related to the needs and rights of Native Americans.
Dates: 1953-2010; Majority of material found within 1970-2000
Maclovia Sanchez de Zamora papers
Identifier: MSS 898 BC
Abstract The collection documents the history of B. Ruppe Drugs and its resident curandera (healer) Maclovia B. Sanchez de Zamora through photographs, correspondence, articles and writings.
Dates: 1933-2010; Majority of material found within 1992-2010
Malcolm Farmer Papers
Abstract Papers relate to Navajo research: ethnobotany, bear ceremonialism, pottery, rock art, as well as California archaeology, anthropology, museum issues, and other general topics. Includes field notes, manuscripts, letters, maps, photographs.
Michael Blake papers
Identifier: MSS 894 BC
Abstract This collection primarily contains writings, research, and correspondence, spanning Michael Blake’s forty year career as a professional writer.
Dates: 1949-2010; Majority of material found within 1960-2010
Miguel Caro and the Mexican Fiesta Dance Company Papers
Abstract Collection comprises materials relating to Miguel Caro and the Mexican Fiesta Dance Company of Albuquerque, New Mexico.
Patricia D'Andrea Rio Grande, Rio Bravo Project Collection
Abstract This collection contains oral histories, slides and research materials relating to the Rio Grande, Rio Bravo project conducted by Patricia D'Andrea in 1988. The research materials include information about the river, places along the river from the headwaters in Southern Colorado to the Gulf of Mexico, environmental issues and border/immigration issues.
Dates: 1912-2007; Majority of material found in 1988-2000
Paul Lusk Papers
Abstract The Paul Lusk papers relate to Albuquerque city, neighborhood, and transportation planning, including socioeconomic analysis and growth management, 1956-1998. The collection illuminates Lusk's career as a city planner and professor of architecture and planning.
Phyllis H. Thompson Papers
Abstract The collection documents Phyllis Hoge Thompson’s personal life and professional career.
Dates: 1895-2018; Majority of material found within 1960-2017
Porter-Harvey Family Papers
Abstract This collection consists of correspondence, news clippings, journals, scrapbooks, photographs and genealogical information relating to the Porter and Harvey families. The collection documents their personal, social, and political experiences.
Dates: 1815-2012 (bulk 1917-1969)
Roberto Ibarra Family Papers
Abstract This collection consists of photos, book and newspaper publications, and family, political, and business documents relating to the Ibarra family and Venezuela. The collection documents the personal, social, and political life of the Ibarra family and its associates in 18th, 19th and 20th century South America.
Dates: 1573-2010; Majority of material found within 1800-1890
Santa Fe Historical Society Records
Identifier: AC 293
Scope and Content The collection contains records petaining to the business of the society from 1967-1997. Included are by-laws, membership lists, correspondence, newsletters, minutes of meetings, and financial records.
St. James Hotel (Cimarron, NM) Collection
Identifier: AC 543
Scope and Content Collection contains historical information about the town of Cimarron, N.M., the Don Diego/St. James Hotel in Cimarron, and Rev. Thomas J. Tolby. Also included is a copy of 1879 Maxwell Land Grant Company.
S.T. Vann Papers
Abstract This collection contains the personal and professional papers of Samuel Thomas (S.T.) Vann, one of the first UNM students and an important early resident of Albuquerque. Included materials include scrapbooks detailing the family’s athletic activities, news clippings, photographs, correspondence, and issues of the New Mexsigan—the newsletter of UNM’s Sigma Chi fraternity—from when Vann’s son Richard attended the University in the 1920s.
Steven Schiff Papers
Abstract Steve Schiff was the US Representative from the First Congressional District of New Mexico from 1989-1998. A member of the Republican Party, he worked to toughen criminal penalties, supported the interests of capital, and advocated for public investment in New Mexico's national laboratories and military installations. The collection consists of legislation, memoranda, correspondence, press clippings, and audio and video derived from the work of Schiff's congressional office.
Dates: 1977-1998; Majority of material found within 1989-1998
Thomas L. Popejoy Papers
Abstract This collection contains materials from the files of former UNM President Thomas L. Popejoy. It includes correspondence, materials from Popejoy’s inauguration, news clippings, photographs, scrapbooks, speeches, and one video tape.
Tomas Atencio Papers and Academia de la Nueva Raza / Rio Grande Institute Records
Abstract The collection contains administrative documents, correspondence, photographs, audio recordings, articles and research files of La Academia de la Nueva Raza, and the Rio Grande Institute, organizations dedicated to political, social, and cultural change. It also contains the files of Tomas Atencio related to his personal research and work on his many projects.
Dates: 1923-2013; Majority of material found in 1965-1999
University of New Mexico Public Affairs Department Records
Identifier: UNMA 047
Abstract This collection contains the records of the Public Affairs Department of the University of New Mexico. It holds press releases, news clippings, photographs, correspondence, articles, pamphlets, invoices, newsletters, programs, scripts, and videotapes.
Unsuccessful U.S. Presidential Candidates Ephemeral Collection
Scope and Contents The collection of "Unsuccessful U.S. Presidential Candidates" is a collector's effort to assemble ephemeral (token) items from all unsuccessful candidates since the late 18th century. The earliest document is from Oliver Ellsworth (no party affiliation) who ran unsuccessfully in 1796 and the most recent items (posters, signed photograph, etc.) are from Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry in 2004. The collection contains items in many formats: newspaper clippings, etchings,...
USS New Mexico BB-40 Collection(Lundgren)
Identifier: AC 549-p
Scope and Content Collection of sports programs, menus, newspapers, an autograph page, and other items saved by Eric H. Lundgren who served aboard the USS New Mexico (BB-40) from 1933 to 1937: holiday menus, 1935-1936; football and wrestling programs, 1935-1936; photo of Eric Lundgren (no date); letter postmarked USS New Mexico, 1940; page from Seattle Post-Intelligencer, July 11, 1937; shipboard newspaper Republication, 1937.
Ward Alan Minge Papers
Abstract The Ward Alan Minge Papers contain legal and historical documents (depositions, reports, exhibits, legal opinions, translations and transcriptions of Spanish and Mexican era sources, documents from the territorial and modern era) concerning New Mexico’s Pueblo Indians. Correspondences, reports, maps, and articles pertaining to the Pueblos and to various New Mexico historical associations and commissions are also included.
William P. Montgomery Papers
Scope and Content The collection contains writings, reminiscences, research material and photographs of William P. Montgomery, journalist. The materials is arranged in two series. The first series, John Prather material, contains his memories and photographs of the John Prather story which he wrote for the El Paso Times in 1957 about the rancher who stood up to the US Army and refused to leave his land. These photographs were donated by Montgomery in 1984 in memory of Steele Jones, Vice President of Development...
Dates: 1956-1985; 1957-1985
Zeon Sign Company Records
Abstract Zeon Sign, officially called Electrical Products of New Mexico, is an Albuquerque business that designs, manufactures, and installs neon and other signage for businesses in New Mexico and the surrounding southwest. The collection contains documentation for Zeon's work from the mid-1950s until the early 1970s.
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 36
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 6
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 5
- Clippings 15
- Correspondence 5
- Ephemera 5
- Map 5
- Mural painting and decoration 5
- Scrapbooks 5
- Oral histories 4
- Sound recordings 4
- Contracts 3
- Newsletters 3
- DVDs 2
- Diaries 2
- Elections -- New Mexico 2
- Legal documents 2
- Mexican American college students -- Political activity -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican Americans -- Civil rights 2
- Mexican Americans -- Education (Higher) -- New Mexico 2
- Mexican Americans -- Ethnic identity 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 2
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 20th century 2
- Newspapers 2
- Poetry 2
- Political activists -- New Mexico 2
- Student movements -- New Mexico 2
- Academia de la Nueva Raza and Rio Grande Institute Records 1
- Acoma (N.M.) -- History 1
- Acoma Indians -- History 1
- Acoma Indians -- Land tenure 1
- Addresses 1
- Administrative records 1
- Agua Fria (N.M.) 1
- Airman Mortensen 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Economic conditions 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- American Literature -- New Mexico 1
- American poetry – 20th century 1
- American poetry – West (U.S.) 1
- American poetry--20th century 1
- Annual reports 1
- Arbor Day 1
- Archaeology -- California 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Archaeology -- Southwest, New 1
- Architectural drawings 1
- Architecture -- Societies -- New Mexico 1
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 19th century 1
- Arizona--Description and travel -- 20th century 1
- Armer, Margaret Reid, 1864-1933--Archives. 1
- Art--Slides 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 1
- Astrology 1
- Astronauts -- United States 1
- Athletics -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Atrisco (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- History 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 1
- Authors, American – New Mexico -- Correspondence 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Barelas (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- History 1
- Battleships--New Mexico 1
- Bears -- Folklore 1
- Bears -- Religious aspects 1
- Beat generation- Poetry 1
- Bell, Chester G.--Archives. 1
- Bill drafting - New Mexico 1
- Bills 1
- Boundary disputes 1
- Broadsides 1
- Buildings -- Specifications -- New Mexico 1
- Business records 1
- CD-ROMS 1
- California -- Emigration and immigration -- Government policy -- Public opinion 1
- Cartoons & Comics 1
- Certificates 1
- Cimarron (N.M.) -- History 1
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Civic improvements -- New Mexico -- Citizen participation 1
- Civil Rights Movements 1
- Colfax County (N.M.) 1
- College presidents -- New Mexico 1
- College sports -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Columbus (N.M.) -- History 1
- Comanche women – Political activity – United States – History – Sources 1
- Commercial art 1
- Community Activists--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Construction -- Standards -- New Mexico 1
- Construction industry -- New Mexico 1
- Cowboys – Poetry 1
- Crime -- New Mexico 1
- Cuaderno 1
- D. H. Lawrence Ranch (N.M.) 1
- Dance Companies--New Mexico 1
- Dance Costume 1
- Dance teachers -- New Mexico -- History -- Sources 1
- Dances with wolves (Motion picture) 1
- Dear Writer in the Window 1
- Decoration and ornament, Architectural -- Mexico -- Oaxaca 1
- Drawings (visual works) 1 ∧ less
- English 44
- Spanish; Castilian 8
- Undetermined 4
- French 1
- span 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 2
- Aberle, Sophie D., 1899-1996 1
- Atencio, Tomás, 1932-2014 1
- Blake, Michael, 1945-2015 1
- Church, Peggy Pond, 1903-1986 1