Santa Fe Historical Society Records
Identifier: AC 293
Scope and Content
The collection contains records petaining to the business of the society from 1967-1997. Included are by-laws, membership lists, correspondence, newsletters, minutes of meetings, and financial records.
Language of Materials
The collection is open for research.
Limited duplication of print materials allowed for research purposes. User is responsible for all copyright compliance.
The Santa Fe Historical Society held its first meeting in January of 1967 to foster and promote the appreciation, study and preservation of histoircal data and materials, and to encourage in every way interest in the history of Santa Fe and New Mexico. Originally called the Historical Society of Santa Fe, it adopted its new name in 1971. A Board of Directors was elected by the membership every two years, and officers were elected every two years. The society published a newsletter and held regular, special, and annual meetings. Lectures and field trips presented or conducted by prominent indiviudals were held at regular intervals. The society also supported and promoted historic restoration activities and related fund raising events. The society ceased in 1997.
2.25 Linear Feet
Photos have been transferred to Photo Archives (ACP 013)
- Fray Angelico Chavez History Library
- P.O. Box 2087
- The Palace of the Governors
- Santa Fe, NM 87504-2087
- Phone: 505-476-5090
- Fax: 505.476.5053
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- URL: www.palaceofthegovernors.org
- Inventory of the Santa Fe Historical Society Records, 1967-1997
- Processed by
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid is in English[OCLC 48685482]
- Monday, 20210524: Attribute normal is missing or blank.