Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 93
Scope and Content The Alamo Navajo Oral History Project collection consists of 23 interviews on 26 CDs with related photographs. The interviews were conducted between 1977 and 1984 with people from the Alamo Navajo Reservation in southwestern New Mexico. The interviewees include: Louise Abeyta, Narciso Abeyta, John Anderson Pino, Denny Y. Apachito, Julian Apachito, Martiano Apachito, Billy Apachito, Hattie Apachito, Helen Apachito, Ida Apachito, Bessie Field Baca, John M. Baca. Thomas Ganadonegro, John Guerro,...
Scope and Contents This collection consists of interviews with five farmers at the Rio Grande Community Farm in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The interviews were conducted in July 2021 by students in Brady McCartney’s Sustainability Studies 384 course at the University of New Mexico. Topics discussed include local agricultural practices; acequias, irrigation and water issues; the impact of climate change on local farmers, communities, and the ecosystems; climate resilience plans; the backgrounds of the farmers;...
Abstract The American Indian Oral History collection contains recorded interviews with and about Native Americans. There were 904 recordings collected by the University of New Mexico between 1967-1972. The bulk of the interviews contain oral traditions and recollections from Navajos and Pueblos. Transcripts are available for most of the recordings.
Abstract This collection consists of five oral history interviews conducted by Anthony Louderbough with individuals depicted in the related Anthony Louderbough Pictorial Collection.
Scope and Content The Atrisco Oral History Project, also known as Herencia: The Atrisco Community, was conducted over nine months in 1984, with the exception of one interview which was conducted in 1981. The project was directed by Dr. Raymond Burrola and consists of interviews with 35 residents of the Atrisco area in Albuquerque's South Valley. The project was sponsored by the Southwest Hispanic Research Institute at the University of New Mexico, in conjunction with the Albuquerque Museum and University of New...
Dates: 1981-1984, (bulk 1984)
Identifier: AC 051-P
Scope and Content One bound 108-page typed transcript of 17 hours of audiotaped interviews of Thelma Cone Childers Cleveland (Cowan's mother). In the interviews Cleveland discusses the period 1906--1922, from her birth until her marriage. She provides a detailed account of life in a poor farming family that homesteaded near Redland, New Mexico, and later Gasoline, Texas. Includes descriptions of farming, social life, and schools in eastern New Mexico and west Texas in the early 20th century. A genealogy chart of...
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Identifier: MSS -1002-BC
Abstract The collection contains Beatrice Mandelman and Louis Ribak's personal papers, art-related documents, and the Mandelman-Ribak Foundation's Oral Archives History Project.
Abstract The Bennett Hammer LGBT Collection includes materials from 1970 to 2017 and consists of news clippings, organizational documents, memorabilia, and publications.
Abstract The interview with Bruce D. Tempest (1935- ), an Indian Health Service physician, surveys his many years of practice on the Navajo Nation Reservation from 1967 until his retirement in 1996. Dr. Tempest was a key figure in the identification of the Hantavirus outbreak in the Four Corners area of the United States in 1993.
Identifier: HHC 54
Abstract Oral history of a family practitioner, Dr. C. Pardue Bunch (1913-1985), who practiced for forty years in Artesia, New Mexico. Among the subjects covered are personal and professional backgrounds, practice in a rural community, personal interests in hypnosis and psychosomatic illnesses, the medical community of the Pecos Valley, and the New Mexico Medical Society.
Identifier: MSS -637-BC
Scope and Content The project consists of thirteen oral history interviews from eleven different people living in New Mexicos East-Central Caprock region. All interviews were conducted by Craig Newbill during the Summer of 1992, except for Bernice and Pete Newbill who were initially interviewed in November of 1988, and subsequently in February and August of 1990, respectively. Pete and Bernice Newbill are the only interviewees who were interviewed twice. The collection contains twelve ninety minute audio...
Identifier: HHC 137
Abstract The collection contains the final transcript, audio tapes from the December 18, 1984 interview with New Mexico doctor Carl Herman Gellenthien (1900-1989), and one black and white photograph.
Scope and Content The collection contains materials relating to Cecilia Portal's career as a photographer and interviewer in New Mexico in the 1990's. The bulk of the collection includes photographs, oral histories (on CDs), and publicity for the project/exhibit, LAS MUJERES DE LA TIERRA DEL SOL (1994). The collection also contains publicity, an article, and the Artist's statement corresponding with her work, DREAMS AND MYTHS (1991-1993). 30 slides were added to the collection and transferred to CSWR...
Abstract Memoirs of personnel working at Chaco Canyon National Monument from 1922-1941
Abstract The Curtis collection contains a wide variety of recordings including music, programs and interviews. They range from Navajo, Pueblo, Keresan, Laguna and Mescalero Apache and songs and dances, Spanish alabados, Christmas plays, and wedding dances and popular music, to Anglo American fiddle and cowboy tunes and African American gospel music. Also included are some songs from the Cheyenne and Plains Indians, the Tarahumara of Chihuahua, the Indians of Mexico, Venezuela, Colombia and Peru, and a...
Abstract This is a copy of the field recordings made by Charlotte S. Johnson on the Navajo Reservation in 1963-1965. There are large segments of Navajo dialogue with English translations. The collection contains a wide range of songs and oral histories that provide an in depth view of Navajo religion, society and history.
Scope and Content This collection consists of seven (7) interviews, five of which are recorded on six (6), ninety-minute cassette tapes. The interviews were conducted by Mario A. R. Carreon with the following individuals: Johnny Arzola, Juan Castanoa, Maria Gutierrez-Spencer, David Maestas, Luis Nolasco, Mike M. Ordaz, and Saul Ramos. There are tape logs for all interviews, however, there are no original cassette tapes for interviews with Johnny Arzola and Juan Castanoa. The collection also contains background...
Dates: 1965-1991 ( bulk, 1991)
Abstract The David Correia Research Papers document the history and people of the Tierra Amarilla land grant conflict in Northern New Mexico.
Dates: 1901-2009; Majority of material found within 1955-2009
Identifier: HHC 60
Abstract This collection documents the professional life of Dr. Donald E. Kilgore (1922-2011) through two oral histories and miscellaneous materials. The Spidle oral history focuses on Dr. Kilgore's career as a physician, starting in 1953, with the many permutations of the Lovelace Clinic. The Weitekamp oral history and the two public broadcasting programs pertain to Dr. Kilgore's experiences with the first astronauts and the space program.
Abstract This is a collection of oral history recordings and tape logs with long-time residents of Chimayo, NM. Don Usner is the interviewer. Interviewees speak about their memories of the Plaza del Cerro, the history of Chimayo, and tell stories about life in Chimayo.
Abstract This collection consists of 51 CDs containing oral interviews with Frank Day, Bryan Beavers and Leland Scott, members of the Maidu-Concow tribe.
Abstract The VT Fuze is the variable timing fuse developed during World War II and is one of the most significant technological advancements in twentieth-century weaponry. This collection consists of reports, clippings, a DVD containing three videos, and an oral history detailing the testing of the VT Fuze.
Dates: 1944-1998; Majority of material found within 1944-1945
Scope and Content The East Mountain Oral History Project collection consists of interviews conducted by Joyce Mendel with the following residents: Jose Candelaria, Bob Cooper, Adilia Garcia, Leandro Garcia, Barbara Herrera, Tom Herrera, Bill Loudon, Andres Mora, Antonia Mora, Dorela Perea, David Salazar, Jacquelyn Schaefer, M. Zanettie and Vicki Scoresone. The interviews are in a combination of English and Spanish languages. The collection also includes a tape of reminiscences from Alejandro Herrera, recorded in...
Dates: 1908-2001 (bulk, 1989-1996)
Abstract The collection consists primarily of Zuni Pueblo cultural materials (with some Acoma Pueblo language materials) originally recorded on four reel-to-reel tapes by Edmund Ladd in 1953-1956.
Scope and Content This collection consists of 30 CDs each containing one hour of oral interviews and/or renditions by Edwin Berry (Baca), a pioneer resident of Tomé, New Mexico. These interviews were conducted by Dr. Rowena Rivera, a former professor of Spanish at the University of New Mexico. In 1979, Dr. Rivera interviewed Edwin Berry, who was at the time 66 years old. Mr. Berry gave an account of life in the Tomé area in the early part of the 20th century. In addition to the oral history, the recordings...
Dates: 1979-2000 (bulk 1979-1982)
- Subject: Oral histories X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 67
- UNM Health Sciences Library and Informatics Center 17
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 6
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 2
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 1
- Sound recordings 20
- Photographs 13
- Interviews 11
- Clippings 8
- Letters 7
- Mural painting and decoration 7
- Correspondence 5
- Education, Medical. 4
- Faculty, Medical. 4
- Education, Bilingual--New Mexico 3
- Folklore -- New Mexico 3
- Minorities -- Political activity -- United States 3
- New Mexico -- History 3
- Physicians—New Mexico. 3
- Transcripts 3
- Acculturation -- New Mexico 2
- Alabados 2
- Anatomy. 2
- Art--Slides 2
- Artesia (N.M.) 2
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 2
- Awards 2
- Chicano Movement--History--20th century. 2
- Christmas plays, Spanish -- New Mexico 2
- Cities and towns -- New Mexico 2
- City planning -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 2
- Diaries 2
- Education, Medical, Continuing. 2
- Ephemera 2
- Ethnic neighborhoods 2
- Exhibition catalogs 2
- Folk music – New Mexico 2
- Frontier and pioneer life--New Mexico 2
- Hispanic Americans -- New Mexico 2
- Hispanic Americans--Cultural assimilation 2
- Indians of North America -- Education 2
- Interviews -- Sound recordings 2
- Matachines (Dance) 2
- Matachines (Music) 2
- Mexican Americans – Southwest, New -- Ethnic identity 2
- Mexican Americans--Ethnic identity 2
- Minorities in art 2
- Minutes (Records) 2
- Multicultural education--New Mexico 2
- Music – New Mexico 2
- Navajo Indians 2
- New Mexico -- Ethnic relations 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 2
- New Mexico--Ethnic relations 2
- New Mexico--Genealogy 2
- Nob Hill District (Albuquerque, N.M.) -- History 2
- Physicians--New Mexico. 2
- Public Health. 2
- Pueblo Indians 2
- Railroads -- New Mexico -- History 2
- Ranch life -- New Mexico 2
- Reports 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) 2
- Schools, Medical. 2
- Songs, Spanish – New Mexico 2
- United States. Forest Service 2
- (Lawrence) Lucas Case. 1
- AIDS (Disease) 1
- Abortion 1
- Abstract expressionism--United States--20th century 1
- Academia de la Nueva Raza and Rio Grande Institute Records 1
- Account books 1
- Acoma dialect 1
- Aerospace Medicine. 1
- African American Women--New Mexico-Interviews 1
- African American student movements--History--20th century. 1
- African American women--Social conditions--20th century 1
- African Americans – New Mexico – Music 1
- Aged--New Mexico. 1
- Agriculture -- New Mexico 1
- Agriculture --New Mexico--History 1
- Alamo Navajo Reservation (N.M.) 1
- Albums 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Centennial celebrations, etc 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Economic conditions 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Albuquerque -- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 1
- Alcoholism 1
- American Indian Movement 1
- American literature - Hispanic American authors 1
- American literature - Indian authors 1
- American women--Social conditions--20th century 1
- Anesthesia. 1
- Anesthesiology. 1
- Anethesia, Obstetrical. 1
- Annexation (Municipal government) -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico -- Chaco Canyon -- History. 1
- Architects -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Armijo (N.M.) 1 ∧ less
- English 91
- Undetermined 13
- Spanish; Castilian 12
- Navajo; Navaho 5
- North American Indian languages 3
- Adler, Stuart Welsh, 1892-1987 3
- Bataan Memorial Methodist Hospital (Albuquerque, N.M.) 3
- Derbyshire, Robert C. (Robert Cushing), 1910- 3
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railroad Company 2
- Carrie Tingley Hospital for Crippled Children 2
- Lovelace Medical Center 2
- Lovelace, W. Randolph, II (William Randolph), 1907-1965 2
- New Mexico. Legislature 2
- Valmora Industrial Sanatorium (Valmora, N.M.) 2
- Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education 2
- Wilkinson, Lawrence H., 1916-1992 2
- Adler, Eleanor Lydia, 1909-1993 1
- Albuquerque Museum 1
- Allison, J. H. (John Howard) 1
- American College of Chest Physicians 1
- Anderson, Clinton Presba, 1895-1975 1
- Anderson, Robert O., 1917-2007 1
- Andrés, Benny J., Jr. (Benny Joseph) 1
- Antreasian, Garo Z., 1922-2018 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Atencio, Tomás, 1932-2014 1
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Chapman, Kenneth Milton, 1875-1968 1
- Cobos, Rubén 1
- Davis, William E. (William Eugene), 1929- 1
- Doris Duke Foundation 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Harvey, Fred 1
- Heady, Ferrel 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial Association 1
- Kiva Club (University of New Mexico) 1
- Matthews, Kay 1
- Mechem, E. L. (Edwin Leard), 1912-2002 1
- Nob Hill Main Street, Inc. 1
- Tingley, Carrie Wooster, 1877-1961 1
- University of New Mexico. Department of Facility Planning 1
- University of New Mexico. Students 1
- Veterans Administration Hospital (Albuquerque, N.M.) 1
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 1
- Workman, E. J. (Everly John), 1899- 1 ∧ less