Showing Collections: 1 - 19 of 19
Abstract This collection contains pamphlets related to Albuquerque and New Mexico. Topics range from political campaigns to national parks and monuments, and conferences convening in this area. Many pamphlets are aimed toward prospective residents, tourists, and health-seeking visitors to New Mexico.
Identifier: AC 166
Scope and Content Collection consists of the scrapbooks of New Mexico Governor Arthur Seligman, 1930-1933. Clippings represent newspapers throughout New Mexico and reflect the activities of Seligman as governor. Subjects include; politics, pardons, education, official appointments, veterans, the economy, the National Recovery Administration, and other related topics. The collection is rich in clippings pertaining to the National Miners' Union Strike of 1933 in Gallup, New Mexico.
Abstract This collection is comprised of business and private papers pertaining to Abram Contreras, Felipe Peralta, Emiliano Contreras and their relatives who resided in Socorro County, central New Mexico, in the late 1800s and early 1900s.
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of land conveyances in the area of Santa Fe, New Mexico involving members of the Delgado family in the late eighteenth and early nineteenth centuries. Also within the collection are eleven letters dated 1795 to 1806 from Manuel Francisco Delgado to Francisco Carvajal of Chihuahua, Mexico regarding trade; one 1876 letter from Cecilio Robles of El Paso to Juan Delgado; and one 1886 list of grand jurors for the U.S. District Court in New Mexico with Pedro Delgado...
Abstract The majority of this collection is the business, legal, and personal correspondence of E. L. Moulton from 1910-1958.
Dates: 1910-1965; Majority of material found in 1912-1958
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials from the legal and business practices of Francis C. Wilson. Most of the collection is made up of case files, but also includes correspondence, ledgers, contracts, newspaper clippings, publications, land conveyances, and speeches. Case files are from both civil and criminal proceedings and involve issues such as insurance, bonding, taxes, divorces, bankruptcy, mortgages, debts, estates, and suits. Most of the cases concern business in the areas...
Scope and Content This collection contains business records of the commercial firm Gross, Kelly &Co., 1902-1954, and its predecessors, Otero, Sellar &Co., 1867-1882, and Gross, Blackwell &Co., 1882-1902. Records include correspondence, ledgers, account books, stock books, invoices, receipts, deeds, legal documents, and stock certificates. The collection is divided into five series: I. Otero, Sellar &Co. records; II. Gross, Blackwell &Co. records; III. Gross, Kelly &Co. records; IV....
Abstract This collection consists primarily of ledgers from the Huning Mercantile Company containing accounting transactions of goods sold and bought and lists of debtors and purchasers. It also contains company letter files.
Abstract The Keller, Miller, and Co. records collection consists of financial records from a general mercantile store with locations in the New Mexican towns of Lake Valley, Hillsboro, and Kingston, though the majority of the collection comes from the Lake Valley branch. The records date back from 1882 and extend into 1938. The collection is comprised of various book keeping records divided into series which include: Day Books and Journals, Cash Books, Ledgers, Order Books, Want Books, Catalogs and...
Dates: 1883 - 1938
Scope and Content Collection consists of letters sent and received, two letterpress books of letters sent, and three account books. Most of the letters involve business correspondence with various individuals in Mexico, including Augustin Lopez of San Luis Potosi, Manuel Jose Bolado of Zacatecas, and Jose Manuel Sanchez of Chihuahua.
Collection is in Spanish.
Collection is in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of documents concerning the area of Abiquiu, New Mexico. Among the documents are wills, hijuelas (estate records) and conveyances involving estates and property; and government circulars regarding trade with the Indians, raising militias, and war with the United States. Specific items include several 1846 documents pertaining to the Mexican War such as Governor Manuel Armijo's warning of impending war, and printed orders of U.S. General Stephen Watts Kearny...
Dates: 1785-1846 (bulk 1843-1846)
Identifier: AC 162-S
Scope and Content One daybook from an unknown business. Includes documentation of financial transactions and accounts for many businesses and individuals in northern New Mexico and southern Colorado.
Identifier: AC 332
Scope and Content Collection consists of pamphlets which reflect the history of Santa Fe and other New Mexico towns as destination for tourists. Advertising aimed at tourists includes guidebooks, maps and brochures, as well as a small section of guidebooks about Arizona, Spain, and Latin America. The collection is open-ended.
Identifier: AC 195-S
Scope and Content Ledger contains daily entries for various people and businesses for the Rosenthal & Co. mercantile business, New Mexico, 1895-1896. Each entry gives the person's or business's name, items purchased or sold, and the amount.
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers of individuals associated with the Charles Ilfeld Co., a mercantile company which operated in Las Vegas, Santa Fe, and other parts of northern New Mexico. Series I consists of the business and personal papers of Charles Ilfeld. Business papers include deeds, certificates, licenses, conveyances, blueprints, correspondence, contracts, notebooks, receipts, invoices, and other materials from the Charles Ilfeld Co. Personal papers include correspondence, notebooks, an...
Scope and Content The bulk of the William Jackson Parish collection is made up of research material for Parish's Harvard dissertation and 1961 Harvard University Press publication, The Charles Ilfeld Company: A Study of the Rise and Decline of Mercantile Capitalism in New Mexico. This material consists of correspondence, notes, manuscripts, business reports, an editor's copy of The Charles Ilfeld Company..., as well as the bound dissertation....
Dates: 1700-1964; Majority of material found in 1945-1963
Identifier: AC 241
Scope and Content This collection consists of original financial records of the Wilson Oil Company of Santa Fe from 1938 to 1963. The Wilson Oil Company has offices in Sena Plaza where it continues to conduct business as a modest sized, locally owned and operated extractor of fossil fuels (gas and oil) from properties in New Mexico. Currently, Parker Wilson is President of the firm and Francis C. Wilson is Secretary-Treasurer.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the administrative records, research files, and miscellaneous documents of the Work Projects Administration, the Writers' Program and their predecessors in New Mexico. Administrative records (series I, 1935-1943) include correspondence, typescript drafts of proposed sections for a guidebook and various other records. Research files from the Federal Writers' Project in New Mexico (series II-XII, 1909-1971) were created and collected under the direction of State Director...
Dates: 1909-1971 (bulk 1930-1946); (1935-1943); (1930-1942); (1936-1940); (1936-1939); (1909-1939); (1936-1937); (1934-1939); (1936-1938); (1936-1971); (1935-1939); (1936-1946); (1930-1933); (1938-1942); (1938-1941)
Identifier: AC 048-P
Scope and Content The collection includes bits of this commercial history as well as the history of Las Vegas. A letter from his brother-in-law and partner, Max Nordhaus, describes a flood of the Gallinas River in 1904. Among a number of speeches delivered by Charles Ilfeld is one given before the Las Vegas Woman's Club in 1924 which is of considerable interest for its autobiographical content. This material was originally owned by Louis Ilfeld, son of Charles, who had a deep interest in Las Vegas...
Dates: 1904-1927; 1904-1927
- Subject: New Mexico -- Commerce X
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 6
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 6
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 6
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- New Mexico -- Commerce 16
- Account books 4
- Conveyances 4
- Merchants -- New Mexico 3
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 3
- Addresses 2
- Advertising -- New Mexico 2
- Clippings 2
- Colorado -- Commerce 2
- Contracts 2
- Estate records 2
- Invoices 2
- Ledgers (account books) 2
- Legal documents 2
- Map 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 2
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Petroleum industry and trade--New Mexico 2
- Photographs 2
- Receipts (Acknowledgments) 2
- Tourism -- New Mexico 2
- Wool -- Marketing 2
- Abiquiu (N.M.) -- History 1
- Advertising -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Advertising -- New Mexico -- Los Alamos 1
- Alabados 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Economic conditions 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Population 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Arizona--Description and travel 1
- Arizona--Guidebooks 1
- Associations, institutions, etc.--New Mexico 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Banks and banking--New Mexico 1
- Blueprints 1
- Brochures 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Business enterprises -- New Mexico -- Los Lunas -- History 1
- Business enterprises--New Mexico--Lake Valley--History 1
- Certificates 1
- Chihuahua Trial 1
- Daybooks 1
- Deeds 1
- Economic Development -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1
- Education--New Mexico 1
- Estate inventories 1
- Family papers 1
- Floods New Mexico Gallinas River 1
- Folk songs, Spanish -- New Mexico 1
- Folklore -- New Mexico 1
- Hides and skins industry -- History 1
- Hymns 1
- Indians of North America -- Government relations 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Commerce 1
- Insurance companies--New Mexico 1
- Jews -- New Mexico 1
- Jury -- New Mexico 1
- Kearny expedition, 1845 1
- Keller Miller and Co. 1
- Keller and Miller and Company 1
- Land grants--New Mexico 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Abiquiu 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Land titles--Registration and transfer--New Mexico 1
- Las Vegas (N.M.) -- Commerce 1
- Latin America -- Guidebooks 1
- Lawyers--New Mexico 1
- Legal documents--New Mexico 1
- Legal files 1
- Letterpress copybooks 1
- Licenses 1
- Los Lunas (N.M.) -- History 1
- Lumber trade -- History 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Merchants 1
- Merchants - New Mexico 1
- Merchants New Mexico Las Vegas 1
- Merchants – New Mexico 1
- Merchants--New Mexico--History 1
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- New Mexico 1
- Mexico -- Commerce -- New Mexico 1
- Mexico--Commerce--New Mexico 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 1
- Mining corporations--New Mexico 1
- Mora County (N.M.) -- Maps 1
- Navajo Indians -- Economic conditions 1
- Navajo Indians -- Social conditions 1
- New Mexico - Guidebooks 1
- New Mexico -- Businesses -- History 1
- New Mexico -- Commerce -- Mexico 1
- New Mexico -- Economic conditions 1
- New Mexico -- Guidebooks 1
- New Mexico -- History 1
- New Mexico -- Militia 1
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 1
- New Mexico -- Religious life and customs 1
- New Mexico organizations memorabilia, pamphlets, etc. collection 1 ∧ less
- English 16
- Undetermined 11
- Spanish; Castilian 5
- Charles Ilfeld Company 5
- Ilfeld, Charles, 1847- 3
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- First National Bank of Santa Fe 1
- Gross, Blackwell & Company 1
- Gross, Kelly & Company, Inc 1
- Huning family 1
- Ilfeld family 1
- Inter-Tribal Indian Ceremonial Association 1
- New Mexico Highlands University 1
- Thorp, N. Howard (Nathan Howard), 1867-1940 1
- United States. Work Projects Administration 1
- University of New Mexico. University Libraries 1 ∧ less