Showing Collections: 1 - 15 of 15
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of materials relating to the Baca family of La Cienega, New Mexico. Series I consists of promissory notes, letters, contracts, and a land conveyance. Series II consists of promissory notes, letters, receipts, partido contracts (livestock contracts and chattel mortgages) and other documents involving either Ygnacio Baca or his son Juan Baca. Includes an 1846 inventory of Ygnacio Baca's estate. Series III consists primarily of documents involving Leonidas Baca...
Scope and Content Collection consists of Olsen's personal and business papers, and a variety of publications about New Mexico. Includes personal correspondence (1889-1947), newspaper clippings about Olsen (1920-1935), obituaries of prominent New Mexicans, certificates from several New Mexican Governors (1901-1933), the settlement of Olsen's estate (1953), papers of Olsen's brother-in-law E.V. Chavez (1879-1896), and catalogs of the New Mexico Spanish American Normal School at El Rito (1939-1941). Correspondence...
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers from the Cordova family and other families from the Cordova, New Mexico area. Included are documents pertaining to the Truchas Land Grant and its grantees (1829), water rights in Pueblo Quemado (1834), the settlement of a partido contract from the estate of Jose Miguel Archuleta (1883), and hijuelas (estate inventories) for Pedro Fresquez (1856), Maria Quirina Vigil (1889), and Jose Pablo Pacheco (1906).
Collection is in Spanish.
Collection is in Spanish.
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal and political papers of Epifanio Vigil. Political papers contain several broadsides and clippings from various New Mexico periodicals. Broadsides include Donaciano Madrid's opposition to the election of Francisco Chavez as Sheriff of Santa Fe County, New Mexico (1891) and opposition to Oterista and Catronista republicans (1900). A translation of an article implicating Thomas B. Catron in the American Valley murder is also included along with Francisco A....
Identifier: MSS-279 -SC
Abstract This collection consists of six documents from the late 1700s and early 1800s regarding the estates of the Alari family.
Identifier: AC 031
Scope and Content The bulk of Candelario's papers relate to business matters. Among the business correspondence are found letters from clients ordering various items, wholesale orders from other dealers for whom Candelario was a supplier and correspondence from various individuals who supplied Candelario with artifacts. Also included in the collection are freight bills, receipts, checks, price lists and correspondence relating to Candelario's improvements of his shop. His personal correspondence amounts to Â½...
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of documents concerning the area of Abiquiu, New Mexico. Among the documents are wills, hijuelas (estate records) and conveyances involving estates and property; and government circulars regarding trade with the Indians, raising militias, and war with the United States. Specific items include several 1846 documents pertaining to the Mexican War such as Governor Manuel Armijo's warning of impending war, and printed orders of U.S. General Stephen Watts Kearny...
Dates: 1785-1846 (bulk 1843-1846)
Scope and Content Collection consists of photocopies of land conveyances, wills, and certain other legal instruments documenting the presence of the Martinez family in and around Santa Cruz de la Canada, New Mexico, in the nineteenth century. Includes material on water rights near Santa Cruz, and a bond for the mayordomo de acequia, 1906. Many of the documents involve members of the Roybal and Mestas families.
Collection is in Spanish.
Collection is in Spanish.
Dates: 1790-1908 (bulk,1842-1908)
Scope and Content Collection consists of records of the New Mexico Capitol Buildings Improvement Commission and other territorial and state agencies charged with the duties of construction, maintenance, improvement, and supervision of territorial and state government buildings and lands, particularly those located in the state capital of Santa Fe (1853-1968). Includes records of the New Mexico Public Buildings Commission (1853-1873); Capitol Rebuilding Commission (1892-1901); Capitol Custodian Committee...
Scope and Content Collection consists of papers (originals and photocopies) from various members of the Ortiz family. Includes documents pertaining to: the estates of Antonio Jose Ortiz, Rosa Bustamante, Antonio de Jesus Ortiz, Juan Antonio Ortiz, and Maria de Loreta de Rivera (1792-1822); land conveyances in Santa Fe and Rancho del Pino (1726-1787); receipts and records of the Ortiz family (1791-1833); and Jose Ygnacio Ortizs official records as Alcalde Primero from January to November, 1830. The collection...
Identifier: AC 345-p
Scope and Content The collection consists of one daybook containing entries from rent collections for different properties in Albuquerque, NM, grocery store inventories and expenses, and construction expenses for development of "Mesa Tract 1", and "Mesa Tract 2."
Identifier: AC 092-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of 19 documents concerning the title to a parcel of land near Santa Cruz, New Mexico. Includes land titles, hijuelas (estate inventories), and bills of sale.
Scope and Content Collection consists of civil land records of the Spanish and Mexican period governments of New Mexico, and materials created by the Surveyor General and Court of Private Land Claims during the process of adjudication. Includes petitions for land grants, land conveyances, wills, mine registers, records books, journals, dockets, reports, minutes, letters, and a variety of legal documents. Also within the collection is the Vigil Index, an inventory of the documents in the custody of Donaciano...
Scope and Content Collection consists of a broad range of historical documents concerning New Mexico history. Series I consists of three documents involving Father Antonio Jose Martinez of Taos, New Mexico: the 1827 will of his father Antonio Severino Martinez; a brief autobiography of Antonio Jose Martinez published in 1838; and an 1859 proclamation by Antonio Jose Martinez documenting conflicts between himself and Archbishop Jean Baptiste Lamy. Series II consists of papers of the Gonzales family of Taos, New...
Scope and Content Collection consists primarily of land grant and land conveyance documents (Seriesi I and II) from the Albuquerque-Bernalillo area and surrounding communities in New Mexico (1697-1929). Included are deeds and records concerning the Alameda and Joseph Telles Jiron land grants, homestead lands, and the San Mateo Ranch. Series III (persons) includes the estate papers, estate inventories, and wills of various members of the related Perea family. Miscellaneous documents include Jacobo Yrisarri's...
- Subject: Inventories X
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 11
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 3
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 1
- Estate inventories 10
- Conveyances 9
- Wills 9
- Contracts 4
- Family papers 4
- Inventories 4
- Account books 3
- Deeds 3
- Estate records 3
- Legal documents 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1848-1950 3
- Publications 3
- Clippings 2
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico 2
- Minutes (Records) 2
- New Mexico -- Militia 2
- New Mexico -- Officials and employees 2
- Reports 2
- Santa Cruz (N.M.) -- History 2
- Abiquiu (N.M.) -- History 1
- Abstracts 1
- Advertisements 1
- Alameda (N.M.) -- History 1
- Alameda Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Americans -- Mexico 1
- Annual reports 1
- Apache Indians -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Archives --New Mexico--Catalogs 1
- Autobiographies 1
- Bernalillo (N.M.) -- History 1
- Bills of sale 1
- Bills, Legislative 1
- Broadsides 1
- Business cards 1
- Catalogs 1
- Certificates 1
- Construction industry 1
- Cordova (N.M.) -- History 1
- Daybooks 1
- Decrees 1
- Diaries 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- La Cienega 1
- Ditches -- New Mexico -- Santa Cruz Region 1
- Dockets 1
- Dueling -- New Mexico 1
- Financial records 1
- Franciscans --Missions--New Mexico 1
- Grocery trade - New Mexico - Albuquerque 1
- Hispanic American families -- New Mexico 1
- Hispanic Americans -- Southwest, New -- Social conditions 1
- Hispanic Americans -- Southwest, New -- Social life and customs 1
- Homestead law -- New Mexico 1
- Indians of North America -- New Mexico -- Commerce 1
- Inventories of decedents' estates -- New Mexico -- History -- 18th century 1
- Invoices 1
- Irrigation and canals and flumes -- New Mexico -- Santa Cruz Region 1
- Irrigation canals and flumes -- New Mexico -- La Cienega 1
- Joseph Telles Jiron Land Grant (N.M.) 1
- Kearny expedition, 1845 1
- La Cienega (N.M.) -- History 1
- Land Titles Registration and Transfer New Mexico Rio Arriba County 1
- Land Titles Registration and Transfer New Mexico Santa Fe County 1
- Land grants -- New Mexico 1
- Land grants --New Mexico 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico 1
- Land tenure -- New Mexico -- Santa Cruz 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Abiquiu 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Santa Cruz 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Santa Cruz Region 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Land titles -- Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Taos County 1
- Land titles --Registration and transfer--New Mexico 1
- Land titles Registration and transfer -- New Mexico -- Rancho del Pino 1
- Legal documents -- New Mexico 1
- Merchandise inventories 1
- Merchants - New Mexico - Albuquerque 1
- Merchants -- New Mexico-- Santa Fe 1
- Mexican War, 1846-1848 -- New Mexico 1
- Mexico -- History -- 19th century 1
- Microfilms 1
- Military registers 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- New Mexico 1
- Mines and mineral resources --New Mexico 1
- Murder -- New Mexico -- American Valley 1
- New Mexico -- History, Military 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- 1951- 1
- New Mexico -- Politics and government -- To 1848 1
- New Mexico -- Social conditions -- 18th century 1
- New Mexico -- Social conditions -- 19th century 1
- New Mexico --Capital and capitol 1
- New Mexico --Colonization--History 1
- Obituaries 1
- Orders (military records) 1
- Petitions 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 14
- English 9
- Spanish; Castilian 6
- Alari, José Ignacio, b. 1746 1
- Candelario, J.S. (Jesus Sito), 1864-1938 1
- Democratic Party (N.M.). State Central Committee 1
- Minge, Ward Alan 1
- Otero, Miguel Antonio, 1859-1944 1