Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 41
Identifier: AC 344-p
Scope and Content The collection consists of miscellaneous cards, letters, articles, and brochures. It includes an untitled typed manuscript on the history of the creation of New Mexico Territory. There is an essay " Santa Fe, City in Two Worlds" written by Fredric Brown (1906-1972), and a pamplet titled "Last Will and Testament of Charlie Masters".
Scope and Content The collection consists of literary manuscripts, feature articles, photographs and research materials of Alice Bullock, writer and educator. Published and unpublished book and story manuscripts include an unpublished autobiography, entitled "Middens", and a manuscript for a book on stamp collecting for children. Subject files containing research notes, articles and printed material on New Mexico travel, folklore, history and personalities. Business and personal records contain book reviews by...
Abstract Most of the photographs in this collection were taken by Alice Bullock and record the places she visited and wrote about and the people she met.
Scope and Content Collection contains manuscripts of Anne Hilleman's second and third Navajos mystery novels, Rock with Wings (2015) and Song of the Lion (2017), along with publisher correspondence.
Identifier: AC 309-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of an assortment of materials about the Haniel and Alice Long family. The materials were sent to William and Dorothy Gilbert by Anton V. Long, son of Haniel and Alice. There is a book of poetry by Alice Long; accompaning this is a reproduction of a protrait by Raymond Moreau Crosby. There is an essay about Haniel Long written by John Slater. Included are several obituaries of John Slater, a list of books written by Haniel Long with descriptions, and miscellaneous postcards...
Abstract The collection addresses the life of author, feminist, and naturalist Mary Austin. Portraits of Austin, her friends, family, and fellow writers are included.
Identifier: AC 038
Scope and Content The following is a list of principal categories. I. A summary of Beatrice Champion Chauvenet. II. Tsianina Evans - Jennie Avery Correspondence. III. Other biographical material. IV. Material relating to Edgar Lee Hewett, Ph.D. V. Bandelier National Monument. VI. Old Santa Fe Association. VII. Historical...
Abstract Portraits of prominent Southwestern writers.
Abstract Photos of Dorothy Brett, her family and friends taken in Europe and New Mexico, principally in the Taos area. Includes other well-known personalities of the New Mexican art community.
Abstract Collection contains portraits of Dorothy Pillsbury.
Scope and Content The diverse material which makes up the DeHuff Family Papers has been organized into five series. The first, scrapbooks and similar items, reflects Elizabeth"s habit of collecting small items throughout her long life. In addition to the scrapbooks proper, this series also contains several photograph albums and a large number of picture postcards. In series two, diaries and memoirs, John David takes center stage. His diaries document his life from 1901 to about 1940; the diaries...
Abstract Collection consists of four black-and-white portraits, including one of Etta Blum taken by Ben Kerns (1980). The remaining three portraits are of Frank Waters.
Abstract The collection consists of records of F.B.I. investigations about convicted spy Klaus Fuchs, and research materials related to Szasz's writings such as, "The Culture of Modern New Mexico, 1940-1970," and "Tony Hillerman and the turn-of-the-century American Southwest" and for his book, Great Mysteries of the West The collection also contains research materials pertaining to the Manhattan Project at Los Alamos, the Trinity Site, World War II...
Dates: 1894-2005; Majority of material found in 1942-1999
Abstract The collection contains typescripts, correspondence, published materials, research files, audio and video recordings, and personal journals documenting the literary career of Frank Waters.
Identifier: AC 040
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers of ChÃ¡vez. Includes typed manuscripts, letters sent and received, certificates, biographical materials, and newspaper clippings. Among the letters are correspondence with various publishers and ChÃ¡vez's friend Frederick L. Grillo, as well as letters received from individuals such as Thornton Wilder, Paul Horgan, Erna Fergusson, Peter Hurd, and Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis. Collection also includes materials concerning the publication of ChÃ¡vez's poem...
Identifier: MSS 356 BC
Scope and Content Archive 356 consists of the personal papers of Santa Fe businessman and author, George McCrossen (1898-1983). The most significant section of the collection deals with McCrossen's business concerns in Santa Fe. Inventoried are the records (financial records, publicity, advertising and correspondence) of McCrossen Handwoven Textiles, Inc., which he operated with his brother, Preston, from 1934-1948 (Box 1: Folders 1-14). Information regarding District Court (County of Santa Fe, State of New...
Dates: 1756-1983 (bulk 1919-1940)
Abstract This collection contains manuscript materials of George W. Evans, a rancher and hunter in Catron County, New Mexico in the early 1900's. The materials relate to the publication of his book, Slash Ranch Hounds.
Abstract This collection contains the papers of writer, journalist, literary performer and tarot card reader Georgelle Hirliman, with emphasis on her time in New Mexico. The papers relate to Hirliman’s writing, including The Hate Factory and Dear Writer in the Window, as well as unpublished short stories and manuscripts.
Abstract Photographs of cowboy author John Sinclair, his wife Evelyn, their friends, and various places in New Mexico where they lived, photographed, or that figured in their writings. There are photos related to Sinclair's family in Scotland and ranching activities in the Southwest.
Identifier: AC 400
Abstract The collection consists of primarily fiscal, operational, and other bookstore related business files accumulated over fifty years of gallery and bookstore operations.
Identifier: AC 300
Scope and Content This collection consists of five galley proofs of books written by Rufus and Lela Waltrip. They are Quiet Boy, Cowboys and Cattlemen, Indian Women, Purple Hills, and White Harvest. Included is a newspaper clipping copy on the authors and Cowboys and Cattlemen.
Identifier: AC 361
Scope and Content Collection consists of nearly all her research materials as well as manuscripts with and without annotations; notes; lecture materials; correspondence; newspaper and journal clippings; book reviews of her books; Federal One, a newsletter of 1930s culture; and other publications. Included are research materials on New Mexico writers, penitentes and religion in New Mexico, materials on many of the Works Project Administration (WPA) projects in New Mexico, and...
Abstract Collection consists of photos of the family and friends of Mildred Tolbert and Judson Crews.
Dates: 1912-1980; Majority of material found within 1940-1969
Abstract The collection consists of manuscripts and bound, unedited page proofs for many of Zollinger’s published works (and 1 unpublished work), as well as clippings, articles, announcements, and correspondence related to his life and works.
Abstract This small collection of New Mexico writer Orlando Romero's papers includes a proof copy of his first novel as well as copies of articles written for various magazines.
- Subject: Authors, American -- New Mexico X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 27
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 13
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico 20
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th Century 9
- Clippings 9
- Photographs 9
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 6
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 6
- Manuscripts 6
- Letters 5
- Mural painting and decoration 4
- American Literature -- New Mexico 3
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 3
- New Mexico -- History 3
- New Mexico -- History -- To 1848 3
- New Mexico -- In literature 3
- Photographic prints 3
- Scrapbooks 3
- Tourism -- New Mexico 3
- Addresses 2
- Creative writing 2
- Diaries 2
- Essays 2
- Historians -- New Mexico 2
- New Mexico -- History -- 1848- 2
- New Mexico -- Social life and customs 2
- Poems 2
- Portrait photographs 2
- Postcards 2
- Taos (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Writer, Prose, Fiction and Nonfiction 2
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Advertising -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- American fiction--Southwest, New 1
- American literature -- Mexican American authors 1
- American poets. 1
- Apache Indians -- Pictorial works 1
- Art Patronage -- United States 1
- Art, Spanish colonial -- Pictorial works 1
- Artists -- New Mexico 1
- Astrology 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- Great Britain -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- Research -- New Mexico -- Los Alamos -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- United States -- History 1
- Atomic bomb -- West (U.S.) -- History 1
- Authors, American - New Mexico - Santa Fe 1
- Authors, American -- Kansas 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Authors, American – New Mexico -- Correspondence 1
- Authors, American—20th century—Manuscripts 1
- Autobiography 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Booksellers and bookselling -- New Mexico -- Las Vegas 1
- Brochures 1
- Camel Rock (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 1
- Certificates 1
- Chapultepec 1
- Children's literature, American--New Mexico 1
- Christianity -- New Mexico 1
- Cityscape photographs 1
- Colorado -- Fiction 1
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) 1
- Cookery, American -- New Mexico 1
- Cookery, American -- Southwest 1
- Couriers' instructional bulletin 1
- Creative writing -- Study and teaching 1
- Crime -- New Mexico 1
- Curiosities and wonders -- West (U.S.) -- History 1
- Dear Writer in the Window 1
- Decorative Arts, Spanish Colonial--New Mexico 1
- Decorative arts, Spanish colonial -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Digital images 1
- Drawing 1
- Dude ranches -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- English language--Dialects--Southwest, New 1
- Ephemera 1
- Erosion -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Espionage -- Great Britain --Biography. 1
- Espionage -- United States --Biography. 1
- Espionage --Great Britain --History --20th century. 1
- Espionage --United States--History --20th century. 1
- Family histories 1
- Federal One 1
- Feminists -- New Mexico 1
- Fiction 1
- Filmstrips 1
- Financial records 1
- Fishing -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Folklore-- New Mexico 1
- Folklore--New Mexico 1
- Four Corners Region -- Pictorial works 1
- Frijoles Canyon (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Frontier and pioneer life -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Genealogy 1
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 1
- Glass negatives 1
- Handloom Industry -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Hermanos Penitentes 1
- Hillerman, Tony 1 ∧ less
- Undetermined 13
- French 2
- German 1
- Spanish; Castilian 1
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 5
- Church, Peggy Pond, 1903-1986 4
- Bradford, Richard, 1932- 3
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 3
- Hillerman, Tony, 1925-2008 3
- Warner, Edith, 1893-1951 3
- Abbey, Edward, 1927-1989 2
- Anaya, Rudolfo A., 1937-2020 2
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 2
- Barker, S. Omar (Squire Omar), 1894-1985 2
- Brett, Dorothy, 1883-1977 2
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 2
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 2
- DeHuff, Elizabeth Willis, 1886-1983 2
- Long, Haniel, 1888-1956 2
- Luhan, Mabel Dodge, 1879-1962 2
- Martínez, María Montoya 2
- Zollinger, Norman 2
- Anaya, Toney, 1941- 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Avery, Jennie M., -1976 1
- Bandelier, Adolph Francis Alphonse, 1840-1914 1
- Barnes & Caplin 1
- Boyd, E. (Elizabeth), 1903-1974 1
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 1
- C. de Baca, Elba 1
- Clark, Ann Nolan, 1896-1995 1
- Collier, John, 1913-1992 1
- Davis, W. W. H. (William Watts Hart), 1820-1910 1
- Federal Writers' Project. New Mexico 1
- Fergusson, Erna, 1888-1964 1
- Fink, Augusta 1
- Fletcher, Alice C. (Alice Cunningham), 1838-1923 1
- Fred Harvey (Firm) 1
- Gish, Robert 1
- Gonzales-Berry, Erlinda, 1942- 1
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 1
- Hillerman, Anne, 1949- 1
- Kabotie, Fred, 1900-1986 1
- Knee, Ernest, 1907-1982 1
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 1
- Lummis, Charles Fletcher, 1859-1928 1
- Manchester, John, 1917-1988 1
- Martínez, Demetria, 1960- 1
- McCrossen Handwoven Textiles, Inc. 1
- McCrossen family 1
- McCrossen, George 1
- Momaday, N. Scott, 1934- 1
- Pearce, T. M. (Thomas Matthews), 1902- 1
- Sagel, Jim 1
- School of American Research (Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Simmons, Marc, 1937- 1
- Szasz, Ferenc Morton, 1940-2010 1
- Walter, Paul A. F. 1
- Weigle, Marta 1
- Wilder, Thornton, 1897-1975 1 ∧ less