Showing Collections: 1 - 12 of 12
Scope and Content Collection contains manuscripts of Anne Hilleman's second and third Navajos mystery novels, Rock with Wings (2015) and Song of the Lion (2017), along with publisher correspondence.
Abstract The collection addresses the life of author, feminist, and naturalist Mary Austin. Portraits of Austin, her friends, family, and fellow writers are included.
Abstract Portraits of prominent Southwestern writers.
Abstract Collection consists of four black-and-white portraits, including one of Etta Blum taken by Ben Kerns (1980). The remaining three portraits are of Frank Waters.
Abstract The collection contains typescripts, correspondence, published materials, research files, audio and video recordings, and personal journals documenting the literary career of Frank Waters.
Abstract The collection consists of manuscripts and bound, unedited page proofs for many of Zollinger’s published works (and 1 unpublished work), as well as clippings, articles, announcements, and correspondence related to his life and works.
Scope and Content The Peggy Pond Church papers consist of literary manuscripts including House at Otowi Bridge and Ultimatum for Man, correspondence, published materials and poetic draft notes. The collection is roughly divided into two sections; that of Peggy Pond Church's research materials and original work, and a collection of Mary Austin's books used for research by Church. The collection is not organized in chronological order but rather...
Abstract Collection consists of Peggy Pond Church's photographs related to Edith Warner (box 1), plus an addition to the collection related to Church herself (box 2).
Abstract The S. Omar and Elsa Barker papers document the literary work of two prolific western writers based in New Mexico. The husband and wife team published their works in magazines of national circulation, including the Saturday Evening Post, Western Horseman, True West, Old West, the New York Times, and the Wall Street Journal. The S. Omar and Elsa Barker papers contain draft and final manuscripts of poetry, articles, short stories, and other writings by the Barkers, as well as correspondence,...
Dates: 1898-1992; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Scope and Content The Tony Hillerman Papers consist of literary manuscripts, correspondence, published materials and lecture notes. The collection is divided into five series, Novels, Nonfiction, Correspondence, Teaching Materials, and Miscellaneous. Literary manuscripts include drafts, revisions and edited manuscripts for all of Hillerman's published novels, as well as page proofs and screenplays for some titles. Related research materials and correspondence with agents and publishers regarding...
Abstract Collection contains formal and informal photographs of author Tony Hillerman and others, along with places, southwest landscapes, from the late 1920s to approximately 2000.
Dates: 1928-2000; Majority of material found within 1950s-1995
Abstract The Writers at Work Videotapes are six lectures by noted fiction writers delivered at the University of New Mexico's English Department.
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 11
- New Mexico State University Library Archives and Special Collections 1
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th Century 9
- American Literature -- New Mexico 3
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 3
- Clippings 2
- Creative writing 2
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 2
- Manuscripts 2
- Mural painting and decoration 2
- New Mexico -- In literature 2
- Photographic prints 2
- Portrait photographs 2
- Acoma (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- American poets. 1
- Authors, American—20th century—Manuscripts 1
- Black-and-white photographs 1
- Camel Rock (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Chapultepec 1
- Colorado -- Fiction 1
- Colorado River (Colo.-Mexico) 1
- Creative writing -- Study and teaching 1
- Dude ranches -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Erosion -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Feminists -- New Mexico 1
- Filmstrips 1
- Fishing -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Four Corners Region -- Pictorial works 1
- Frijoles Canyon (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Hispanic American authors -- Pictorial works 1
- Hopi Indians 1
- Indian arts -- North America 1
- Indian mythology -- North America 1
- Indigenous authors -- Pictorial works 1
- Journalism -- study and teaching 1
- Journalists -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Laguna (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Landscapes -- Arizona -- Pictorial works 1
- Landscapes -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Lautrec 1
- Letters 1
- Map 1
- Medal of Honor 1
- Monterey (Calif.) -- Social life and customs 1
- New Mexico - In literature 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- New Mexico--Fiction 1
- Not of War Only 1
- Passage to Quivira 1
- Photographs 1
- Poets, American -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Poets, American—20th century--Biography 1
- Posters 1
- Publicity photographs 1
- Riders to Cibola 1
- Road to Santa Fe 1
- Roads -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- San Ildefonso Pueblo (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Slides 1
- Southwest, New - In literature 1
- Southwest, New -- History 1
- Southwest, New -- In literature 1
- Southwest, New --In literature 1
- Taos (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- Taos Pueblo (N.M.) 1
- The house at Otowi Bridge; the story of Edith Warner and Los Alamos 1
- Ultimatum for man 1
- West (U.S.) -- History 1
- West (U.S.)--Poetry 1
- Western stories--Fiction 1
- Women authors, American -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Writer, Prose, Fiction and Nonfiction 1 ∧ less
- French 1
- German 1
- Church, Peggy Pond, 1903-1986 3
- Hillerman, Tony, 1925-2008 3
- Warner, Edith, 1893-1951 3
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 2
- Abbey, Edward, 1927-1989 1