Showing Collections: 1 - 25 of 64
Abstract Most of the photographs in this collection were taken by Alice Bullock and record the places she visited and wrote about and the people she met.
Identifier: AC 271-p
Scope and Content One letter describes a trip to Taos, NM, and a visit to Dorothy Brett.
Scope and Content The Appleton family papers are dominated by materials relating to the diverse dual careers of Norman Appleton, artist-scientist. The collection is roughly twofold, documenting Norman Appleton and his first wife Carolyn Ten Eyck Appleton (1902-1948) and their careers, which span from the late 20's to her death in 1948. The collection contains research, manuscripts and correspondence, demonstrating the polemics of entomology and the high degree of sophistication and tenacity entomologists...
Abstract This collection contains early records of the Art League of New Mexico, founded in 1929. The papers relate mainly to exhibitions the Art League of New Mexico sponsored, correspondence with respect to exhibitions and some files on fundraising events in the 1940s and 1950s.
Dates: 1936-1970; Majority of material found within 1941-1953
Identifier: MSS -1002-BC
Abstract The collection contains Beatrice Mandelman and Louis Ribak's personal papers, art-related documents, and the Mandelman-Ribak Foundation's Oral Archives History Project.
Abstract This collection includes photographs, slides, posters and other visual material related to Beatrice Mandelman and Louis Ribak's professional artistic work, along with family, friends, other Taos artists, and travel images.
Abstract Collection includes selected items representing the activities of the former Bunting Visual Resources Library at UNM. Formats include slides, study photographs, and digital photographs, along with administrative, project, and vendor records. The primary subjects are New Mexico architecture and art, and image sources determine arrangement.
Dates: 1948-2016; Majority of material found within 1960-2005
Identifier: MSS -644-BC
Scope and Content This collection contains two main series: Personal and Professional Papers, and Printed Material. The Mattox papers center around the development of his sculpture and his various art shows. His involvement with the Department of Fine Arts at the University of New Mexico and with Albuquerque's Explora Museum, are also represented. Also included are newspaper and magazine clippings about Mattox and his work, as well as articles written by Mattox. An oversize box contains posters and large...
Dates: 1874-1994, (bulk 1949-1994)
Abstract The Christopher Felver photograph collection contains portraits of prominent Southwest and Native American authors, artists, activists, and performers, as well as photographs from Nicaragua.
Dates: 1982-2015; Majority of material found within 1984, 1998, 2012-2015
Identifier: MSS -609-BC
Scope and Content The collection focuses on Tamotsu's business affairs. These files include correspondence, notes, news clippings, and catalogues from galleries, museums, and friends. The collection begins with folders specifically focusing on Tamotsu's life, art, and studio/gallery. Following these are alphabetically arranged business files documenting exhibitions, sales, loans of Tamotsu's art work. Publications and excerpts from publications containing articles about Tamotsu and his work, as well as...
Abstract The collection contains photographs of Chuzo Tamotsu's paintings. Many of his works employ an ecclectic, hybrid style which relates to both East Asian and Western styles of painting.
Abstract Collection consists of photographs of Concha Ortiz y Pino de Kleven, New Mexican Hispanic-American cultural and policitcal leader, her family, friends, and events in her life.
Identifier: AC 287
Scope and Content Collection consists of material on AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez. Material includes clippings on his writings; the seminary newsletter Brown and White, which he edited for several years; designs for book title pages; conference and meeting material. Also included in the collection are legal documents relating to the ChÃ¡vez family and the ChÃ¡vez Family Association and two scrapbooks with clippings covering the early career of AngÃ©lico ChÃ¡vez.
Identifier: AC 336
Scope and Content Collection consists of lists of participants, entry forms, procedures, show schedules, publicity releases and articles, minutes of committee meetings, and correpsondence pertaining to the organization and peration of the Contemporary Spanish Market. Included are photocopies of photographs of exhibits.
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 7
Abstract This collection comprises approximately 11,000 photographs, the majority of which are E.I. Couse's original contact prints produced throughout his lifetime as well as later reprints, picture postcards, and a small amount of pre- and post-1936 photographs of family members, friends, and locations in and around Taos.
Dates: ca. 1880s-1990s
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 2
Abstract This collection consists of copies of historic documents, original writings, notes, correspondence, and research materials compiled by Dean A. Porter and relating to his research on the Taos Society of Artists with particular emphasis on Victor Higgins and Walter Ufer.
Dates: 1890s-2018; Majority of material found in Placeholder Unit Date Text
Identifier: AC 016
Scope and Content Collection consists of correspondence among Donald Beauregard, Frank Springer, Edgar L. Hewett, Paul A.F. Walter, and others, primarily concerning the health of Beauregard and the disposition of his paintings. Also included in the collection is correspondence between Beauregard's family and Springer and Hewett regarding artwork left by Beauregard to Springer and the Museum of Fine Arts. Beauregard, a protege of Frank Springer of the Museum of New Mexico, studied art in Europe and was scheduled...
Abstract Binder of clippings of identified persons prominent in the history of New Mexico.
Scope and Content Letter from Mabel Dodge Lujan to Norman Donaldson, 1938. (Box 1, Folder 2). This is a collection of letters written to Norman V. Donaldson, his wife Hildegarde, and his daughter Virginia "Midge" Donaldson, by Mabel Dodge Luhan, Dorothy Brett, Robinson Jeffers, and "Eileen Q" (Eileen Quinn, who was sales manager for the University of New Mexico Press). Norman Donaldson became secretary of Yale University Press in 1938, was appointed...
Abstract Photos of Dorothy Brett, her family and friends taken in Europe and New Mexico, principally in the Taos area. Includes other well-known personalities of the New Mexican art community.
Collection — Box: 1-4
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 12
Scope and Contents This collection comprises 2 linear of original correspondence addressed to and composed by E.I. Couse spanning the late 19th century through the first four decades of the 20th century. The subjects mainly pertain to Mr. Couse's paintings, prints, sales, and exhibitions. The collection is arranged alphabetically according to the correspondent's last name.
Dates: late 19th century to ca. 1936
Identifier: Ms. Coll. 1
Abstract This collection comprises research notes, writings, correspondence, printed materials, photographs, slides, and memorabilia belonging to Elizabeth J. Cunningham and relating to her research on the life and work of the Taos artist, Ernest L. Blumenschein.
Dates: 1890s-2017; Majority of material found in 1890s-2017
Abstract Contemporary photographic print diptych titled Mescalero Apache created by Eric Overton using collodion wet plate processes.
Identifier: AC 354
Scope and Content Collection consists of the personal papers of Ernest L. Blumenschein, including Blumenschein's correspondence; articles and clippings about him and his work, and biographical and genealogical information. Collection also contains copies of his letters to Ellis Butler Parker. Some of the material is contained in Blumenschein's scrapbooks. Additionally, collection holds financial and tax records, and ephemeral material such as driver's licences and passports. Inventory was produced at item level...
Identifier: AC 021-P
Scope and Content Collection consists of a 13-page handwritten text of a speech given by Blumenschein in 1953 on the occasion of John Gaw Meem's induction as an honorary fellow of the School of American Research in Santa Fe, and five letters sent and one letter received by Blumenschein between 1946 and 1955.
- Subject: Artists -- New Mexico X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 34
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 23
- Lunder Research Center 5
- New Mexico State Records Center and Archives 2
- Artists -- New Mexico 21
- Photographs 18
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos 9
- Sound recordings 7
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 6
- Mural painting and decoration 6
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 5
- Correspondence 5
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos. 4
- Artist colonies -- New Mexico. 4
- Artists - New Mexico - Taos 4
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Taos. 4
- Clippings 4
- Indians of North America -- Pictorial works 4
- New Mexico -- Taos. 4
- Oral histories 4
- Painters -- New Mexico -- Taos. 4
- Scrapbooks 4
- Art -- New Mexico -- Taos 3
- Authors, American -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 3
- Exhibition catalogs 3
- Intellectuals -- New Mexico -- Taos 3
- Minutes (Records) 3
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century 3
- Postcards 3
- Slides 3
- Abstract expressionism--United States--20th century 2
- Account books 2
- Art -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 2
- Art, American -- New Mexico -- 20th century 2
- Art, American -- New Mexico -- Taos -- 20th century. 2
- Art, American –- New Mexico –-Taos 2
- Art, modern -- 20th Century -- New Mexico -- Taos 2
- Art--Exhibitions 2
- Artists--New Mexico--Santa Fe 2
- Cartes-de-visite (card photographs) 2
- Folk art -- New Mexico 2
- Japanese American artists 2
- Landscape photographs 2
- Letters 2
- Painters -- New Mexico 2
- Painters -- New Mexico -- Taos 2
- Pictorial works 2
- Politicians -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 2
- Posters 2
- Pueblo Indians 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) 2
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History 2
- Social realism--United States 2
- Taos (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 2
- Taos (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 2
- Taos (N.M.)--History--20th century 2
- Taos (N.M.)--In art 2
- Taos School of Art 2
- Tintype 2
- Africa 1
- Agriculture --New Mexico--History 1
- Albumen prints 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- History 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Pictorial works 1
- Albuquerque (N.M.) -- Social life and customs 1
- American literature -- Indian authors -- Portraits 1
- Antigua (Guatemala) 1
- Archaeology -- New Mexico 1
- Architects -- New Mexico 1
- Architects -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Architects--California 1
- Architecture -- Calilfornia 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Pictorial works 1
- Architecture -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--California 1
- Architecture and solar radiation--New Mexico 1
- Armed Forces -- Officers -- Pictorial works 1
- Art - New Mexico - Taos 1
- Art -- Exhibitions -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Art -- New Mexico 1
- Art -- New Mexico -- Exhibitions 1
- Art -- New Mexico -- History 1
- Art -- Southwest, New -- History 1
- Art --New Mexico 1
- Art colonies – New Mexico – Santa Fe 1
- Art patronage – New Mexico 1
- Art – New Mexico -- Exhibitions 1
- Art, American -- New Mexico 1
- Art, American -- New Mexico -- Santa Fe 1
- Art, American -- Southwest, New -– 20th Century 1
- Art, American Southwest, New 20th century 1
- Art, Spanish colonial -- Pictorial works 1
- Art--New Mexico--Santa Fe 1
- Art--Slides 1
- Articles of incorporation 1
- Artists - New Mexico - 20th century 1
- Artists - United States - Biography 1
- Artists -- Minnesota 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- 19th century -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- 21st century 1
- Artists -- New Mexico -- Albuquerque 1 ∧ less
- English 62
- Undetermined 23
- Spanish; Castilian 2
- French 1
- Taos Society of Artists 7
- Blumenschein, E. L. (Ernest Leonard), 1874-1960 6
- Blumenschein, Helen G. (Helen Greene), 1909-1989 4
- Blumenschein, Mary Shepard Greene, 1869-1958 4
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 3
- Brett, Dorothy, 1883-1977 3
- Cassidy, Gerald, 1869-1934 3
- Hewett, Edgar L. (Edgar Lee), 1865-1946 3
- Adams, Ansel, 1902-1984 2
- Applegate, Frank G. (Frank Guy), 1881-1931 2
- Austin, Mary, 1868-1934 2
- Cassidy, Ina Sizer, 1869-1965 2
- Hennings, E. Martin, 1886-1956 2
- Imhof, Joseph, 1871-1955 2
- O'Keeffe, Georgia, 1887-1986 2
- Walter, Paul A. F. 2
- White, Robert R. (Robert Rankin), 1942- 2
- Abbey, Edward, 1927-1989 1
- Alexie, Sherman, 1966- 1
- Allegra, Indira 1
- Allen, Paula Gunn, 1939-2008 1
- American Indian Movement 1
- Anaya, Rudolfo A., 1937-2020 1
- Apodaca, Jerry, 1934- 1
- Art League of New Mexico 1
- Aschwanden, Peter Georg, 1942-2005 1
- Atchison, Topeka, and Santa Fe Railway Company 1
- Baca, Jimmy Santiago, 1952- 1
- Bennett & Brown 1
- Blumenschein family 1
- Chavez, Angelico, 1910-1996 1
- Chavez, Dennis, 1888-1962 1
- Collier, John, 1913-1992 1
- Foster, Joseph 1
- Furlong & Crispell 1
- Gilpin, Laura, 1891-1979 1
- Gorman, R. C. (Rudolph Carl), 1932-2005 1
- Kloss, Gene, 1903-1996 1
- La Fonda (Hotel : Santa Fe, N.M.) 1
- Momaday, N. Scott, 1934- 1
- New Mexico. Coronado Cuarto Centennial Commission 1
- Rudnick, Lois Palken, 1944-2021 1
- University of New Mexico. Department of Art & Art History 1
- Waters, Frank, 1902-1995 1
- Wells, Cady, 1904-1954 1
- Wilderness Society (U.S.) 1 ∧ less