Showing Collections: 1 - 14 of 14
Collection of Papers on Frieda Lawrence,
Scope and Content This collection, containing correspondence, holographic notebooks, prints, and clippings, appears to have been compiled by the University of New Mexico Special Collections. It documents discussions between the Library and Frieda Lawrence, concerning the disposition of D. H. Lawrence's manuscripts. It also contains correspondence from Albert James Diaz, Special Collections Librarian, requesting biographical information about Frieda Lawrence. Diaz was involved with editing and ultimately...
D. H. Lawrence Papers,
Identifier: AC 131-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of letters, receipts, business cards, one newspaper clipping, one pamphlet, and several checkbooks found among Lawrence's belongings upon his death in 1930. Four of the letters are to Lawrence: one letter from publisher Edward W. Titus concerning the publication of "Lady Chatterley's Lover;" one letter from Mrs. E. Lahr of the Progressive Bookshop in London concerning newly published books; one letter from the Westminster Bank concerning Lawrence's bank accounts; and one...
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
D. H. Lawrence Photograph Collection
Abstract This collection contains photographs of Frieda and D. H. Lawrence.
D. H. Lawrence Realia
Scope and Content This collection of Lawrence realia includes two items: White marble sculpture of Gertrude Stein, carved by Gladys Caldwell Fisher, [n.d.]. Winged Etruscan Horse with figures of a man and a woman: embroidered panel worked by D. H. Lawrence and Frieda Lawrence, in Barda Italy, 1912.
Eleanor Murray Watkins Papers
Abstract The collection consists of research notes of E.M. Watkins about D.H. Lawrence, Frieda Lawrence, Katherine Mansfield, John Middleton Murry, and other friends and contemporaries of the Lawrences.
Dates: [ca. 1958-1975?]
Ernest Warnock Tedlock Papers
Scope and Content The papers of Ernest W. Tedlock relate mainly to his research and general interest in D.H. and Frieda Lawrence. Reference to works and projects concerning other literary figures such as Dylan Thomas and John Steinbeck are a minute portion of this collection but underscore Tedlock's interest in a particular literary period. The collection itself is divided into six series and reflects Tedlock's scholarly interest in the study of D.H. Lawrence. The first series is entirely composed of...
Fisher Family Papers pertaining to D.H. and Frieda Lawrence
Abstract The Fisher Family Papers consist of documents related to the friendship of Gladys Campbell Fisher and Alan Fisher with D.H. and Frieda Lawrence.
Frieda Lawrence Photograph Collection
Abstract Photographs of Frieda Lawrence alone and with others.
Joseph Foster Papers
Abstract Collection contains writer and author Joseph Foster's correspondence and manuscript drafts.
Dates: 1920s - 1980s
Myron Brinig Memoirs
Abstract This collection contains the memoirs of Myron Brinig, a Jewish-American writer, and one of the first to write about gay experiences. His memoirs reveal his early and successful career as an author, his private life as a homosexual, and the nearly twenty years he lived in Taos, New Mexico.
Dates: circa 1980s
Robert Bright Papers
Abstract Letters, manuscripts, book mock-ups, and original drawings pertaining to author Robert Bright and his family.
Dates: 1830s-1979; Majority of material found within 1888-1970
Roberta Robey Collection,
Identifier: AC 299-p
Scope and Content Collection consists of items given to Roberta Robey, bookseller at Villagra Book Shop, Santa Fe, New Mexico. Included are miscellaneous written material and artwork by Nettie L. Ten Eyck, Willard F. Clark, Joseph M. Imhof and family, Gustave Baumann, and Frieda Lawrence.
Found in: Fray Angélico Chávez History Library
Warren Roberts Letters from Frieda Lawrence and Dorothy Brett
Abstract Letters written to Warren Roberts from Frieda Lawrence and Dorothy Brett regarding dispensation of D. H. Lawrence material.
Dates: 1954-2003; Majority of material found within 1954-1971
Witter Bynner Photographs of D. H. Lawrence
Abstract Twenty five prints from Witter Bynner's original negatives documenting his acquaintance with D. H. Lawrence and Freida Lawrence in New Mexico and Mexico.
- Names: Lawrence, Frieda, 1879-1956 X
- UNM Center for Southwest Research & Special Collections 12
- Fray Angélico Chávez History Library 2
- Authors, English 3
- Authors, American 2
- Correspondence 2
- Atlixco (Mexico) 1
- Authors 1
- Authors -- Pictorial works 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Biography 1
- Authors, American -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Bloomsbury group 1
- Chapala (Jalisco, Mexico) 1
- English Literature -- 20th Century 1
- Gay men in literature 1
- Germany--Description and travel -- 19th century 1
- Homosexuality and literature 1
- Homosexuality – United States 1
- Illustrated childrens' books -- 20th Century 1
- Jewish authors – United States -- Biography 1
- Jews -- United States 1
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 1
- Letters 1
- Manuscripts 1
- Mexico -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Mock-ups 1
- New Mexico -- Description and travel 1
- New Mexico -- History -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Photograph albums 1
- Photographic prints 1
- Photographs 1
- Poets, American -- 20th century -- Pictorial works 1
- Santa Fe (N.M.) -- History -- 20th century 1
- Taos (N.M.) - Description and travel 1
- Taos (N.M.) -- Intellectual life 1
- Taos (N.M.) – Social life and customs – 20th century 1
- Taos truth game 1
- Taos, N.M. 1 ∧ less
- English 13
- Undetermined 2
- Lawrence, D. H. (David Herbert), 1885-1930 7
- Brett, Dorothy, 1883-1977 3
- Bynner, Witter, 1881-1968 3
- Stein, Gertrude, 1874-1946 2
- Baumann, Gustave, 1881-1971 1
- Clark, Willard (Willard F.) 1
- Collier, John, 1884-1968 1
- Foster, Joseph 1
- Imhof, Joseph, 1871-1955 1
- Luhan, Tony 1
- University of New Mexico 1 ∧ less